• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fularu

Banned
Hopefully this one will ahave less :

- OMG WHY CAN'T I TRADE?
- THIS GAME SUCKS, THEY NERFED DROP RATES AGAIN
- Other batshit insane loot drop theories to show Blizzard is evil

and more :

- This new build is awsome
- You should have this or this enchant
- Those ideas are good/bad/interesting
- Etc

:p

I still want my SoH/TF :p

SoundLad

4YOaB2E.jpg

Quadfecta

...Christ on a bike, that amulet o_O

Dahbomb

I really hope the next patch comes out on Tuesday (2.0.5).

I want to farm Bounties but with the buff coming I feel like waiting it out.

DagsJT

I'm thinking of buying Diablo 3 and just wondering how much of a difference this expansion makes to the base game? As a beginner, would I want to pick this up straight away or should I just finish the base game and then get RoS?

Dahbomb

I'm thinking of buying Diablo 3 and just wondering how much of a difference this expansion makes to the base game? As a beginner, would I want to pick this up straight away or should I just finish the base game and then get RoS?
You should finish the base game and see how you feel about it.

The Cowboy

My legs have been pretty bad since my RORG dropped earlier in the week, i keep getting runs of the same item types (lots of rings in a row - 6 in a row, lots of bracers in a row - 5 in a row). And when i do get something i would actually like its rolls are crap, like the sub 2000dps weapon i posted in the last thread (sun keeper) or the Chantodo's Force (i already had Will) that dropped which had me exited - until i checked the rolls and I got 3prim/3sec and it was crap.

The game giveth and the game slappeth away.

Also, the game just won't give me a Wand of Who, Thunderfury or 1 of those neat legendary health things, I'm not asking for much (well i am :D) - give them to me game, GIVE!!!.

Ingeniero

I was fighting in Akkarat Champion mode and died and didn't res automatically.
I stayed dead, no respawn options, I had to leave the game.
This happened twice today. Is this a known bug?

RDreamer

I was fighting in Akkarat Champion mode and died and didn't res automatically.
I stayed dead, no respawn options, I had to leave the game.
This happened twice today. Is this a known bug?

This happened to me once. What sucked more is that there was a leg sitting on my corpse.

Luckily someone in the game invited me back after I left and it was still there!

Dahbomb

Not surprising considering there are so many bugged elements to the Crusader as its a new class. Some of the moves used to even kill yourself!

scy

It's just some oddity with dying to DoT effects, if I recall.

The funnier part is you're still able to cast spells and use a potion while you're dead. You just can't move.

Akai XIII

I had a dream I got the IK gloves but they had Int and Vit on them, I flipped my desk and stormed out of the room. Then I woke up.

I NEED them... Or a few more of the EQ set... Oh and a WKL for my Monk.

Got a second unity, how does the 50% follower damage reduction work? Are my Monks res not good enough to pull it off? I can do T4 just fine though.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Akai-1649/hero/656326

DEO3

Loot questions!

I've been playing an arcane wizard for quite some time and honestly have gotten bored of it because there's very little left that I need to max the build out. So I decided instead of wasting my shards hoping for a Moonlight Ward, I'd see if I could gamble up a Mirrorball instead, the idea being that if I could get one I'd have an entire new spec to gear for which would be fun and exciting. Sure enough, within a hundred shards..

8ulxHvD.jpg

Question 1: What should I attempt to reroll for magic missile damage? I know attempting such a thing will only end in tears, but thanks to RIF I Have 40 souls or so that I'm willing to blow on it.

i3W3EXv.jpg

Question 2: I've had this in my stash for a while, which would work well for a fire build, except it lacks a main stat and a socket. Is it worth trying to save (and if so, how?), or should I just salavage it and try and craft a decent Devastator?

DEO3

And, uh, Question 3: What's the next thing I should attempt to gamble up for my new fire build, Magefists? Andariels? Cindercoat?

Dahbomb

1) You should re-roll Cooldown reduction for Magic Missile (or whatever else skill you want).

2) Main stat doesn't matter on weapons as much as people think but that weapon doesn't have that great other stats either. I would just try to roll a better Devastator if you can manage. I would still keep the Burning Axe for another class (or in my collection because I like to do that anyway).

3) You kinda need all 3 but Cindercoat would result in a more dramatic upgrade quicker so try to get that first. However in my experience it's easier to gamble for a Magefist than a Cindercoat.

scy

Question 1: What should I attempt to reroll for magic missile damage? I know attempting such a thing will only end in tears, but thanks to RIF I Have 40 souls or so that I'm willing to blow on it.

The CDR is probably the least useful stat here since it rolled so low, though it's nice to have if you plan to use Black Hole or the cooldown Meteor.

Question 2: I've had this in my stash for a while, which would work well for a fire build, except it lacks a main stat and a socket. Is it worth trying to save (and if so, how?), or should I just salavage it and try and craft a decent Devastator?

Lacking a main stat isn't that big of a deal, especially since it rolled such high damage and IAS%. Like, ~700 INT missing here isn't going to make a gigantic difference. Just rolling the LoH to a socket will still be good.

2) Main stat doesn't matter on weapons as much as people think but that weapon doesn't have that great other stats either. I would just try to roll a better Devastator if you can manage. I would still keep the Burning Axe for another class (or in my collection because I like to do that anyway).

I mean, it rolled -49 from max top-end. Attack Speed is nice to have for Conflag MM and the slower speed on Devastator is actually really annoying for the build.

Hey rid of that resource cost reduction, you're going to be using a free spell most of the time, cooldown might at least be marginally useful. I'd suggest going for Magefist first. Cindercoat just for the damage boost is going to a huge pain to get for not an enormous benefit. Unless of course you can get it in 100 shards lol

Took me well over 10k for mine

Dahbomb

Yea upon thinking over it again you should just re-roll the LoH into Socket.

I am too used to thinking about weapons from the DH perspective now where attack speed doesn't matter much.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Really liking the look of my wizard, even if apparently too many people use that helm. :p
EFwvLTG.png

Yesterday I had two of the Deadmau5 amulets drop within a few minutes of each other. Man, that thing is terribad. If it had anything to add dps, MAYBE...

th3dude

OT2 already. Hard to believe the 180 this game pulled. I can't stop playing.

Just logged off and already thinking of what I want to do next time I log in. I need some more rift keys.

I knew that, surely.

Really though. I did.

I've burned through 100+ rift keys doing RiF past 24 hours, so that's a thing. It gets boring after a while though. But considering I've gotten two upgrades from Kadala recently I don't see any reason to stop.

scy

Yesterday I had two of the Deadmau5 amulets drop within a few minutes of each other. Man, that thing is terribad. If it had anything to add dps, MAYBE...

My last 10 rings have been 7x Oculus, 2x Eternal Union, 1x Skull Grasp. I've had 10 Oculus Rings in 3 days.

;___;

taybul

3 legendary rings so far today. 9 yesterday.

I. Don't. Want. Rings.

I've been there, man. Don't worry, only 4 more types of rings to drop before the curse is lifted.

Also, getting 40 blood shards from a T4 guardian is such an insult. Never mind the fact that I've only gotten 2 legendaries in the past 5 T3/T4 rifts, this is dumb.

Dahbomb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9Ydhfmuzu7w

T6 Rift in 3 minutes.

As always Monks relegated to passive buffs plus EP and Forbidden Palace. That support status!

Also, getting 40 blood shards from a T4 guardian is such an insult. Never mind the fact that I've only gotten 2 legendaries in the past 5 T3/T4 rifts, this is dumb.
They are buffing Blood Shard drops from higher Torment difficulties.

Word on the street is that patch is coming Tuesday.

70Bo0It.png

Had these two items drop literally within 10 seconds of each other, crazy luck! I'm leaning towards using the wand since I like Hydras and it compliments my Ice Skill boosting Andariel's Visage nicely. What do you guys think? Also what's best to reroll on the wand (For a socket I'd say.)

70Bo0It.png

Had these two items drop literally within 10 seconds of each other, crazy luck! I'm leaning towards using the wand since I like Hydras and it compliments my Ice Skill boosting Andariel's Visage nicely. What do you guys think? Also what's best to reroll on the wand (For a socket I'd say.)

You never really want to use a staff, I would probably reroll the vit for a socket.

Dahbomb

Staff is instant Soul unless you want to give it to your Enchantress or keep it for your Legendary collection.

If you plan on using a full Hydra spec then you might as well try to get Tasker and Theo. Hydras count as pets/companions so they will get the buff.

Yondy604

Banned
DId not play for the first time yesterday, I am disappointed in myself.

The lack of VYR drops has finally bored me ;(

Staff is instant Soul unless you want to give it to your Enchantress or keep it for your Legendary collection.

If you plan on using a full Hydra spec then you might as well try to get Tasker and Theo. Hydras count as pets/companions so they will get the buff.

I forgot about my Enchantress haha. Been playing too many Public games I guess. I suppose I'll give it to her until I need the Souls. I'm trying to get Tasker and Theo for my WD too, so I guess they'll share once I find one.

Apparently they're bugged though. They don't benefit from taskers (from what I've read).

RivalCore

Despite owning the game since launch day, I've only ever played Monk.

So today, I FINALLY levelled up a DH. And I love it. Doing T2 rifts much faster than my Monk ever could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom