• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Does anyone here have 6 or 8 core CPU? Just wondering if D3 makes use of all the cores. I've been running a 2600k at 4.3GHz for quite a while. A 4790K might run cooler with less power, but doesn't look like I could get much faster with the LGA1150 slot.

(I've been getting CPU bound during effect spam trying to stay at 120FPS - already tried turning down the sound channels)

Addnan

Does anyone here have 6 or 8 core CPU? Just wondering if D3 makes use of all the cores. I've been running a 2600k at 4.3GHz for quite a while. A 4790K might run cooler with less power, but doesn't look like I could get much faster with the LGA1150 slot.

(I've been getting CPU bound during effect spam trying to stay at 120FPS - already tried turning down the sound channels)

Diablo I think is single threaded, forget taking advantage of 6 or 8 cores. It just wants speed. 12/16 threads, assuming you are talking Intel isn't going to help. If you are thinking 6/8 core AMD you will be stepping backwards.

Celegus

It's pretty much as bad as it could possibly be, but I finally found my strength Unity! Gotta try some GRs with it and see how much it helps. Got it in the same run as my first gift in who knows how long, and right after a very nice Fate of the Fell. Which came right after a pretty nice FotF. Maybe a Furnace is coming...

Shifty76

Finally got 6pc Akkhan on my sader. Beat GR32 first attempt and I'm still using a dex furnace and dex SoJ from my monk. Only have ~600 AR too.

No way in hell could I do GR32 on monk with sub 800k dps and 7m toughness but sader did it easy.

Playing sader makes it even more obvious what monks need more than anything: Spenders and legendaries/set items that synergize with and buff those spenders.

ZenaxPure

Doubt I will get any higher than this just because of how casually I am playing right now. Pretty happy about making it that high though.

Pa0Ij0Z.png

GR 38 is 100% doable for me as long most elite packs don't have reflect damage (which so far both of my 38 attempts have had on the vast majority of packs). 39 I could probably do with the right mobs, not so sure about 40.

After not getting too much in terms of sets or legendaries for what I needed for my Monk build, I decided to use my blood stones at the end of the night... I got the Sunwuko shoulders and I got a Raiment helm... lol. That's... yeah, quite awesome. I still need the boots and chest for Raiment before I'm done with armor. Then I still need a goddamn Flying Dragon...

Ayumi

Doubt I will get any higher than this just because of how casually I am playing right now. Pretty happy about making it that high though.

Pa0Ij0Z.png

GR 38 is 100% doable for me as long most elite packs don't have reflect damage (which so far both of my 38 attempts have had on the vast majority of packs). 39 I could probably do with the right mobs, not so sure about 40.
So awesome, congratulations! I'm trying to beat 33 with my wiz but I don't think I can without a fire SoJ and a 3rd leg gem. :<

After not getting too much in terms of sets or legendaries for what I needed for my Monk build, I decided to use my blood stones at the end of the night... I got the Sunwuko shoulders and I got a Raiment helm... lol. That's... yeah, quite awesome. I still need the boots and chest for Raiment before I'm done with armor. Then I still need a goddamn Flying Dragon...

I swear Flying Dragon has like a 0.1% drop rate for me.

joesmokey

So awesome, congratulations! I'm trying to beat 33 with my wiz but I don't think I can without a fire SoJ and a 3rd leg gem. :<
Where's your profile again?

Is your main problem dying or not doing enough damage/taking too long? You should be able to sleep walk through 35 or so. I was able to get to 36 with mainly Firebird 6pc and a Maximus. String of Ears is what mostly held me back.

ZenaxPure

Where's your profile again?

Is your main problem dying or not doing enough damage/taking too long? You should be able to sleep walk through 35 or so. I was able to get to 36 with mainly Firebird 6pc and a Maximus. String of Ears is what mostly held me back.

Yeah, I found Firebird surprisingly easy to progress with. I have put pretty much 0 effort into my Wizard and I broke GR 37 with him as well. 37 isn't really much for a wizard though, speaking purely from a leaderboard perspective. This is my wizard right now and his gear is actually better than what I cleared 37 in (haven't tried to actually progress on him in a while). Gear differences when I cleared 37: RoRG, Magefists, Firebird chest only had 2 sockets (and Hydra damage iirc). Also note that the Furnace is not particularly well rolled AND is Str based. I have only ever found Str/Dex Furnaces. At some point I will actually put in some real effort into replacing all his bad pieces, but, honestly I've just been entranced with SWK monk so I mostly play him when I log on.

Also I think Ayumi has talked a lot about playing with yellow latency recently which would be around 400 MS at a minimum iirc. I find the game to be completely unplayable with anything over like 115, I don't think I'd play at all with something that high lol.

joesmokey

Also I think Ayumi has talked a lot about playing with yellow latency recently which would be around 400 MS at a minimum iirc. I find the game to be completely unplayable with anything over like 115, I don't think I'd play at all with something that high lol.
Ah yeah you're right. Trying to progress with that must be maddening.

ZenaxPure

It is for sure. As someone who plays on an utterly shit connection it can be frustrating in online games when someone in my house decides they want to look at facebook or some shit. Someone just streaming a youtube video it puts me around 350 MS which makes it impossible to dodge something as simple as an arcane beam most of the time.

Hey guys - was wondering if you could help me figure something out. I found this Sunkeeper:

gHgcykB.png

I was pretty psyched to find one, but then I noticed something odd. It doesn't seem to have 2 random properties. The Elite, Int, and Holy dmg are all standard rolls. What happened to the 2 random rolls?

Shifty76

Hey guys - was wondering if you could help me figure something out. I found this Sunkeeper:

gHgcykB.png

I was pretty psyched to find one, but then I noticed something odd. It doesn't seem to have 2 random properties. The Elite, Int, and Holy dmg are all standard rolls. What happened to the 2 random rolls?

Assuming that it rolled elite dmg as a random roll and that it just got hidden in with the default elite dmg roll

Ayumi

It is for sure. As someone who plays on an utterly shit connection it can be frustrating in online games when someone in my house decides they want to look at facebook or some shit. Someone just streaming a youtube video it puts me around 350 MS which makes it impossible to dodge something as simple as an arcane beam most of the time.
The most annoying part is that it's only Diablo 3 I have connection issues with (I always get a 3007 error when launching, so I have to always type my password. Been troubleshooting a lot including my DNS settings but nothing works.. It sucks, because I have great internet (1Gbps) and it works amazingly on everything else.

Either way, the lag is causing my skills to be delayed by 1-2 seconds. At first I thought it was my mouse (sometimes I have to click 4-5 times to enable the mouse skills for instance) but I bought a new and it was still delayed/laggy. I don't die in the GRifts, but I guess I don't do quick enough damage, thanks to the awful lag. I kinda gave up for now and stick with 30 to level up my last gem, and T6 in hope of a SoJ.

I've played both on US from Europe and Asia. I live in Asia but my connection to the servers used to be great. As far as the error goes, everything I found was (ISP's fault, not Blizzard). Dunno what they can even do for me though.

Edit now that I'm at the computer:
Before I got the Furnace, I used the Serpent Sparker, and I found the trash damage amazing (had 55% fire dmg). Right now I use too much time on trash mobs, I think. I need more fire damage, and a bit more elite damage. I did feel like things were a bit faster with the SS, except that Elites were a lot harder. I don't know what I prefer to be honest. The trash mobs are annoying me right now.

Ayumi

Firebird especially sounds pretty bad with that kind of lag. I imagine when you toss down a blizzard most mobs move out of it completely before you can even tell.

Yeah, and it's hard to crowd control because the mobs move up to me/closer before I get to throw a Black Hole at them.

(Btw I edited my post while you were replying).

May I ask, can I see a screenshot of your expanded stat details?
I kind of wanna compare.. just to see where I am. I guess I just wanna know what your Offensive/Defensive stats look like.

ZenaxPure

I kind of wanna compare.. just to see where I am. I guess I just wanna know what your Offensive/Defensive stats look like.

Well just remember that my Wizard has pretty terrible gear. I think joesmokey might be the best geared wizard in the clan if you need something for real comparison, but, these are my stats anyway. One on the left is what I cleared GR 37 with (minus my 2 socket firebird chest which I salvaged). One on the right is my current gear (which I haven't attempted anything with yet). This is also WITHOUT prismatic armor and magic weapon turned on.

cwoJgwy.png

Probably a few things to keep in mind: CDR is not really needed for the build. I just kind of like it personally so I grabbed some on gear where you don't have to really sacrifice other stats. Also this is my nonseason wizard where I am almost paragon 600. I have nearly 3 stats per tab maxed out and a bunch of int from the primary tab, so it gives some nice buffs to both defense and offense.

Ayumi

http://i.imgur.com/cwoJgwy.png I have nearly 3 stats per tab maxed out and a bunch of int from the primary tab, so it gives some nice buffs to both defense and offense.

Here are my unbuffed stats:
Thanks guys. I'm at 71% elite damage right now. Gonna sign in tomorrow and check/compare and think a little about this.. I hope you guys don't mind if I ask you some more questions tomorrow.

No that would be all of them. Looks like the elite damage it comes with rolled very low and then the new one just added onto it. Still, pretty strange. Do they show up separately at the enchanter?

Even then, isn't there still one other roll unaccounted for?
The Oculus Ring lets you stack.. If you roll default AS at 5%, you can still reroll another stat into AS and it will stack (and show 1 less stat). Never heard about Sun Keeper stacking stats. Like Celegus said, you can check at the enchanter if you just throw it in there and see if they end up as split stats.

Chocobro

A Sunkeeper with double roll elite dmg can't be reroll to have two separate stats (one with less elite dmg and a second to whatever stat). I had one and it would only let me reroll up to 8% elite dmg (the second roll making it a double roll) so I just salvaged it. I hope it makes sense. It's a useless SK unless it rolled 38% elite dmg.

Ayumi

A Sunkeeper with double roll elite dmg can't be reroll to have two separate stats (one with less elite dmg and a second to whatever stat). I had one and it would only let me reroll up to 8% elite dmg (the second roll making it a double roll) so I just salvaged it. I hope it makes sense. It's a useless SK unless it rolled 38% elite dmg.
So unless it was enhanced into a merge, it won't work to separate them? Oh well.. His SK wasn't really worth keeping anyway, imo. Most SKs are so terrible.

joesmokey

Thanks guys. I'm at 71% elite damage right now. Gonna sign in tomorrow and check/compare and think a little about this.. I hope you guys don't mind if I ask you some more questions tomorrow.
The base stats page doesn't really tell you too much (missing vitality, etc.).

I am ultimately about ~23% dmg less from if I had completely optimal stats. I'm missing 9% elite and about 4% base dmg on my Furnace, +5% fire on my SoJ, and another +5% assuming I could re-roll Furnace into another element (Elemental Exposure Hellfire amulet passive).

Obviously those rolls are never going to happen, but it still shows what a huge room for improvement I can get with my gear. If only Furnaces dropped like candy...

Raticus79

Either way, the lag is causing my skills to be delayed by 1-2 seconds. At first I thought it was my mouse (sometimes I have to click 4-5 times to enable the mouse skills for instance) but I bought a new and it was still delayed/laggy. I don't die in the GRifts, but I guess I don't do quick enough damage, thanks to the awful lag. I kinda gave up for now and stick with 30 to level up my last gem, and T6 in hope of a SoJ.

Firebird especially sounds pretty bad with that kind of lag. I imagine when you toss down a blizzard most mobs move out of it completely before you can even tell.

Yeah, I was really surprised to hear it but apparently the Firebird set has the same issues with server load as Helltrapper lightning. Something about the large numbers of concurrent DoT effects requiring too many calculations per frame on their side.

Are there any high end specs out there that don't run into this issue? I'm thinking maybe Crusaders with stampede or condemn would probably be fine. Monks and barbs are OK too.

WDs seem to be ok server-side, but they tend to bog down graphics with multiple overlapping transparent effects (rain of toads, pirahnado, a layer of translucent pets...).

Syntek

Had a real easy greater rift tonight and took the top spot in the clan leaderboard with a crusader+DH combo (non-season mode). I think a higher tier is achievable with some luck, and a better mix of skills.

Celegus

Had a real easy greater rift tonight and took the top spot in the clan leaderboard with a crusader+DH combo (non-season mode). I think a higher tier is achievable with some luck, and a better mix of skills.

Best GR ever! Very nice for the game to throw us a bone after that horrible GR38. Now we need to take over the 3 player leaderboard!

Raticus79

Chugging along on my little clan/community tracker project - surprisingly it looks like AutoHotKey could handle making the web request and parsing the XML by creating COM objects. (link)

Think I'll probably just go with Java + SQLite, but it's interesting that AHK can tackle that at all.

Ayumi

Do any of you have experience streaming Diablo 3 on Twitch from a Mac?

I got it all set up, there's just one small thing I can't seen to fix..

Sorry if this isn't the acceptable place to ask/mention it.

Pa0Ij0Z.png

How does one join the GAF clan?

ZenaxPure

How does one join the GAF clan?

Just have to ask here with your bnet ID. But I think we're full again so Raticus will have to kick someone to make room for you. But I feel like that shouldn't be a big deal anyway right now since we're in the middle of a patch so less people are playing.

That's for NA though, no idea the status on EU stuff.

Ayumi

Couldn't hurt, what's the problem you're running into?

----

These fangs were made for chompin'

(candy (^ ^) )

Halloween avatar thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=914227
Cute avatar!

RE: Twitch: It might not be D3's fault but, I got everything working.. Except that Diablo 3 is unplayable for me in Windowed Mode. OBS (Twitch Streaming software) won't let you stream fullscreen games on Mac. Well it does, but the problem is that I don't have two monitors so I'm using Mac's double window feature. I run the game on one and use my browser on the other. Anyway, what are some settings I could change to make D3 less of a b..... with FPS drops on Windowed Mode? I tried Windowed Fullscreen but OBS won't detect the game then. Windowed Mode disables a lot of video settings in the game so I can't switch much.. I did enable Vsync and tried to play with the FPS slider but nothing seemed to fix it.

Raticus79

Ah, I'm no good for Macs, sorry.

---

Yeah, I'll look at doing another round of cleanup soon. There are a few other people who want in too. The community's open in the mean time.

---

This build sounds super fun: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/2ko8ko/tikidoc_speedfarmer/

Speed farming bounties with Tiklandian Visage and the move-speed-on-fear ring. Horrify's proc coefficient triggers your conduit, bleed and poison gems, and you have a heavy 2H weapon for high DoT. Zoom around and things die.

Celegus

Cleared GR35 and 36 with my Crusader (yay unity!) and have a 37 keystone to try out next. Barb can still barely clear GR30, despite having pretty much every good piece of equipment there is other than the Cassius belt.

ZenaxPure

This build sounds super fun: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/2ko8ko/tikidoc_speedfarmer/

Speed farming bounties with Tiklandian Visage and the move-speed-on-fear ring. Horrify's proc coefficient triggers your conduit, bleed and poison gems, and you have a heavy 2H weapon for high DoT. Zoom around and things die.

This does sound super fun. I ran out of normal rift fragments last night playing with a friend so I might give this a try later today. My fear ring is dex based (got it from my demon hunter pal since he had 2 drop in one rift the other day lol) and I enchanted it with zDPS in mind, but, it shouldn't matter too much on T6. My gems are in a good spot too, Pain Enhancer will probably bring in the most DPS and mine is about rank 38 and I have a 25 wreath just sitting in my stash.

Barb can still barely clear GR30, despite having pretty much every good piece of equipment there is other than the Cassius belt.

What build are you running? I find up to 33 to be fairly easy with WW, Leapquake, and Raekor. 34 is where I run into trouble. WW/Leapquake lack in a few spots and Raekor is just boring at that level because of the single target problems. I've cleared 34 with Leapquake and Raekor but I find myself not really wanting to progress any further because all of the builds lack a good single target component.

Celegus

What build are you running? I find up to 33 to be fairly easy with WW, Leapquake, and Raekor. 34 is where I run into trouble. WW/Leapquake lack in a few spots and Raekor is just boring at that level because of the single target problems. I've cleared 34 with Leapquake and Raekor but I find myself not really wanting to progress any further because all of the builds lack a good single target component.

I've been running an IK+WW set for clearing T6, but it didn't do so well in a GR. I tried Raekor out again in various forms, but still don't care for the playstyle and the horrible single target damage. I did the GR30 with Raekor, but haven't tried leapquake in a while. Is fire still the way to go for most builds? I have good equipment for fire, cold, and lightning.

ZenaxPure

I've been running an IK+WW set for clearing T6, but it didn't do so well in a GR. I tried Raekor out again in various forms, but still don't care for the playstyle and the horrible single target damage. I did the GR30 with Raekor, but haven't tried leapquake in a while. Is fire still the way to go for most builds? I have good equipment for fire, cold, and lightning.

Physical is best for WW by a long shot (I'd argue the only viable element really), Fire is the most damage for Leapquake, and Raekor just depends on what weapon you have available (With a Furnace element doesn't matter, after that just pick the element of whatever the best 2h elemental weapon you have).

Celegus

Physical is best for WW by a long shot (I'd argue the only viable element really), Fire is the most damage for Leapquake, and Raekor just depends on what weapon you have available (With a Furnace element doesn't matter, after that just pick the element of whatever the best 2h elemental weapon you have).

Do you use a set with physical WW? Any IK or just load up on Aughild/Blackthorne? I have an almost perfect maximus, wrath of the bone king, and shaefer's hammer along with a SoJ to match each, so I can go any element. My Heart Slaughter could be a little better and I don't have a physical SoJ, sadly.

Just have to ask here with your bnet ID. But I think we're full again so Raticus will have to kick someone to make room for you. But I feel like that shouldn't be a big deal anyway right now since we're in the middle of a patch so less people are playing.

That's for NA though, no idea the status on EU stuff.

OK well I'm EU but anyway my bnetID is JezL8#2589

Not played much Diablo 3 multiplayer. I've got a level 70 Demon Hunter and I'm the middle of leveling up a seasonal Witch Doctor. I really love the game though, I think it's my favorite Blizzard title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom