• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenaxPure

Do you use a set with physical WW? Any IK or just load up on Aughild/Blackthorne? I have an almost perfect maximus, wrath of the bone king, and shaefer's hammer along with a SoJ to match each, so I can go any element. My Heart Slaughter could be a little better and I don't have a physical SoJ, sadly.

For WW I use: IK hat, chest, belt, and boots, Hexing Pants, TnT, SoJ/Unity, generic amulet of whatever, generic shoulders, Strongarm bracers, and a Furnace.

I say it's the only viable element because the harsh reality of barbarian currently is that a rank 25 Pain Enhancer gem deals more damage than all of our spenders when you consider that WW (with the rune that shoots tornadoes) and Sprint: Run Like the Wind can keep the bleed up on everything on the screen at all times. Combined with perma-ancients the overall damage is competitive with Leapquake because pain enhancer also gives them a huge buff through the attack speed bonus. The other elements aren't even worth it because Pain Enhancer is the majority of damage on everything but rift guardians (where Ancients do the most) and you run into fury problems without the Ancients that give 4 fury per each individual attack which also happens to be a physical rune.

OK well I'm EU but anyway my bnetID is JezL8#2589

Ah yeah. Honestly I don't know what the EU clan looks like right now. Haven't seen anyone post about it in a while. Maybe someone will chime in though.

Leckan

For WW I use: IK hat, chest, belt, and boots, Hexing Pants, TnT, SoJ/Unity, generic amulet of whatever, generic shoulders, Strongarm bracers, and a Furnace.

I say it's the only viable element because the harsh reality of barbarian currently is that a rank 25 Pain Enhancer gem deals more damage than all of our spenders when you consider that WW (with the rune that shoots tornadoes) and Sprint: Run Like the Wind can keep the bleed up on everything on the screen at all times. Combined with perma-ancients the overall damage is competitive with Leapquake because pain enhancer also gives them a huge buff through the attack speed bonus. The other elements aren't even worth it because Pain Enhancer is the majority of damage on everything but rift guardians (where Ancients do the most) and you run into fury problems without the Ancients that give 4 fury per each individual attack which also happens to be a physical rune.

Ah yeah. Honestly I don't know what the EU clan looks like right now. Haven't seen anyone post about it in a while. Maybe someone will chime in though.

If you don't have a Furnace; what would be preferable between a Stalgard and Heart slaughter?

Celegus

Hm, haven't tried that. I've always stuck with fire for my T&T/IK build. What procs the Strongarms though? Do you use Taeguk and just spin all day since CotA keeps fury full?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
This does sound super fun. I ran out of normal rift fragments last night playing with a friend so I might give this a try later today. My fear ring is dex based (got it from my demon hunter pal since he had 2 drop in one rift the other day lol) and I enchanted it with zDPS in mind, but, it shouldn't matter too much on T6. My gems are in a good spot too, Pain Enhancer will probably bring in the most DPS and mine is about rank 38 and I have a 25 wreath just sitting in my stash.

Yeah, I think I have a dex one sitting around too. Hopefully I still have it - I was getting a bit grumpy cleaning up stash space, lol. I didn't realize they were so rare. I haven't rerolled it yet, so maybe I can turn the dex into a socket or something if the other stats are ok. Edit: nope, trashed it. Oh well.

Still need to get a Tiklandian Visage, but if it's possible to get enough damage to one-shot-DoT things on T6 just with legendary gems, then there are probably quite a few builds that can work like this for speedy farming. Having a full group with everyone running a similar build would work fine for T6 rifts too. I think I'll probably run TMF on mine to help with the rift guardians.

ZenaxPure

Alright, LOL Raticus, that build is hilarious for speed running bounties. I don't have it anywhere near optimized yet though (have A LOT of gear changes I can make). I also realized something playing it that if you kill fast enough (which is really easy when you are fighting low HP trash stuff like skeletons) you have 100% uptime on spirit walk (if you are running Grave Injustice) which in turn should give you 100% uptime on the Krelm belt buff (sadly I don't have one of the belts right now, need to gamble for one). Wreath also behaves like conduit where it will break environmental objects so I imagine a pair of Warzechian bracers would be ridiculous as well, but, I also don't have any of those for a witch doctor.

As far as damage, I am a little slow on T6 but that is because my gear. I only have 2 legendary gems right now (don't have a good int dps neck with a socket yet), I only have 41% crit with max crit paragon points, I am using a str 2h weapon, and I still have a few zDPS pieces on. I am pretty confident with real gear this could do T6 pretty fast, though elites might still be a little slow.

Hm, haven't tried that. I've always stuck with fire for my T&T/IK build. What procs the Strongarms though? Do you use Taeguk and just spin all day since CotA keeps fury full?

Taeguk, yes, you have infinite fury and you sprint between packs anyway so it's always up and stacks really fast. Your ancients actually proc Strongarms, one of them uses Seismic Slam that still has a knockup effect and it's been tested to work.

On the outside Fire can seem stronger, and it does do more single target damage, but, with the physical version of the build the aoe damage is pretty crazy since pain enhancer is up 100% of the time on everything on screen. On T6 you can usually just sprint in, dot everything up, and then move on as they die.

It's a pretty capable build, been quite a few people on the barbarian forums clear GR 36 with it. I haven't personally put in the time yet since I've been focusing on other stuff.

Celegus

Taeguk, yes, you have infinite fury and you sprint between packs anyway so it's always up and stacks really fast. Your ancients actually proc Strongarms, one of them uses Seismic Slam that still has a knockup effect and it's been tested to work.

On the outside Fire can seem stronger, and it does do more single target damage, but, with the physical version of the build the aoe damage is pretty crazy since pain enhancer is up 100% of the time on everything on screen. On T6 you can usually just sprint in, dot everything up, and then move on as they die.

It's a pretty capable build, been quite a few people on the barbarian forums clear GR 36 with it. I haven't personally put in the time yet since I've been focusing on other stuff.

That's crazy, never would have thought that was the case. I have all the gear to try this out already, sounds like fun!

ZenaxPure

That's crazy, never would have thought that was the case. I have all the gear to try this out already, sounds like fun!

It's my favorite build in the game right now personally. Enjoy it a lot on a mechanical level and just playing it. My main advice is make sure you level up your pain enhancer gem a lot. It's rank will really determine how fast you can clear.

Celegus

It's my favorite build in the game right now personally. Enjoy it a lot on a mechanical level and just playing it. My main advice is make sure you level up your pain enhancer gem a lot. It's rank will really determine how fast you can clear.

It's already one of my highest from using it on my stampede build. Taeguk could be a little higher. Is Gogok or Bane of Trapped your third?

Baliis

Alright, LOL Raticus, that build is hilarious for speed running bounties. I don't have it anywhere near optimized yet though (have A LOT of gear changes I can make). I also realized something playing it that if you kill fast enough (which is really easy when you are fighting low HP trash stuff like skeletons) you have 100% uptime on spirit walk (if you are running Grave Injustice) which in turn should give you 100% uptime on the Krelm belt buff (sadly I don't have one of the belts right now, need to gamble for one). Wreath also behaves like conduit where it will break environmental objects so I imagine a pair of Warzechian bracers would be ridiculous as well, but, I also don't have any of those for a witch doctor.

Played with a condemn sader the other day that was doing wreath plus warzechians. Guy was running through keep depths at a hundred miles an hour blowing everything up

Voidguts

I'm pretty bored and wanting to do something easy/relaxing (PC/NA) - does anyone wanna get a seasonal char. powerleveled? PM me your w/ Battletag and let's get that money.

You won't believe your eyes
Once the XP bar rise

ZenaxPure

Played with a condemn sader the other day that was doing wreath plus warzechians. Guy was running through keep depths at a hundred miles an hour blowing everything up

Now I want to try this as well. I have the seasonal shield and an incredibly mediocre BoP I can roll with. It wouldn't be as fast as a witch doctor, but, the damage would be really strong.

This is my top speed right now without a shrine. Going to work on getting some bracers and a belt later tonight, but, I actually did need to farm some fragments so I'm just doing that on T1 right now.

RBZnIzd.png

It's already one of my highest from using it on my stampede build. Taeguk could be a little higher. Is Gogok or Bane of Trapped your third?

Trapped, huge damage boost because math or whatever. Gogok doesn't offer much really, attack speed is nice, but, the stronger versions of the build don't actually stack CDR (or even use WOTB) so the secondary effect does nothing really.

Celegus

I actually had better luck with leapquake than the physical WW + CotA build. I have no clue how someone would do GR36 with just the IK set. It was great for GR30, but I tried a 32 and my CotA dudes would just die over and over, well before the cooldown was finished, leaving me an impotent old man that couldn't get his spin on anymore.

I did finally get a super nice Cassius belt, but need to find a way to get more CDR to use it (and leap) more effectively. Hesitant to change my 10% damage on Maximus to CDR. Don't have any on my gloves though.

ZenaxPure

I actually had better luck with leapquake than the physical WW + CotA build. I have no clue how someone would do GR36 with just the IK set. It was great for GR30, but I tried a 32 and my CotA dudes would just die over and over, well before the cooldown was finished, leaving me an impotent old man that couldn't get his spin on anymore.

You can use stuff that helps with their survivability. Ancients gain the effect of your shouts which means War Cry invigorate will heal them as will the Inspiring Presence passive (2% HP regen per second). Grim Harvest works really well too since health globes heal pets. Honestly you should just read through the actual thread really, it is an extremely comprehensive guide about how everything works and has videos linked in it and stuff. GR32 is still in the "fairly easy" territory for the build.

Ayumi

Upgraded my key to 33 today. Didn't beat my own record (32) but managed to get a new key. I aaaalmost had it (died once as well, and the rift levels were full of shit mobs) but then I accidentally teleported myself to the other side of the map (it was inside Tower of the Damned) by accidentally clicked down on the platform, and I couldn't TP back up because the edge wasn't visible.. There was less than 1 minute left, and the RG was almost dead. IT WAS REALLY SOUR. :<

Pretty sure I can do 34 with a good rift, but beating 32 and 33 is such a hassle. I hate trials.
Maybe I should just group up with some friends to key fast keys.

Baliis

Upgraded my key to 33 today. Didn't beat my own record (32) but managed to get a new key. I aaaalmost had it (died once as well, and the rift levels were full of shit mobs) but then I accidentally teleported myself to the other side of the map (it was inside Tower of the Damned) by accidentally clicked down on the platform, and I couldn't TP back up because the edge wasn't visible.. There was less than 1 minute left, and the RG was almost dead. IT WAS REALLY SOUR. :<

Pretty sure I can do 34 with a good rift, but beating 32 and 33 is such a hassle. I hate trials.
Maybe I should just group up with some friends to key fast keys.

For sure, that's what I did to farm 39s for my wizard, just jumped into trials with my dh and a dh buddy.

Ayumi

Hmm, I have 9896% gold find in my gold find gear currently. Should be a pretty funny/awesome weekend.
Dang, I can't surpass 5k with my gear.. But to be fair, it's only Leoric's Helmet + a gem and the Paragon GF. I have Goldskin but haven't tried that yet.

Got my second vault here the other day. After only 3 goblins (that day, after launching the game). I guess that means I won't be seeing one for a while now. At least I still got 77mil gold on T6.. Maybe I should set up some serious gold build for the vault. Got 124 mil gold now though so I won't worry for a little while.
Edit: Aww yiss, community buff! Fuck, why didn't I just find that vault today instead...

ZenaxPure

Dang, I can't surpass 5k with my gear.. But to be fair, it's only Leoric's Helmet + a gem and the Paragon GF. I have Goldskin but haven't tried that yet.

Got my second vault here the other day. After only 3 goblins (that day, after launching the game). I guess that means I won't be seeing one for a while now. At least I still got 77mil gold on T6.. Maybe I should set up some serious gold build for the vault. Got 124 mil gold now though so I won't worry for a little while.
Edit: Aww yiss, community buff! Fuck, why didn't I just find that vault today instead...

I'm just going to do T6 rifts, no need to hunt down vaults really when a leveled up boon of the hoarder can give me 20 mil+ gold per rift now (really varies depending on the mobs).

For my gold find, mix of luck and just picking all the gold items. Goldskin, Goldwrap, Squirt's Necklace, and the bracers that give XP for gold all have gold find on them by default. But I also managed to get gold find on a few of my normal pieces and I have a random unity with gold find as well so I am using it instead of my normal one. Pretty cool setup.

I am kinda curious how much gold I can make over the weekend while primarily farming XP.

Ayumi

You're correct! I wasn't actually hunting for vaults, I was doing bounties for rift keys since I ran out, and this was my first or second bounty run that session. I can never bother with that many bounties at once unless I'm in an eager group.

What level is your Hoarder gem now? I forgot my level, I think 30 @ 60 seconds.. Do you usually only put on the gem or the entire GF gear when you do T6 rifts?

koji

Think we have like 6 or 7 active people left and Vodh the only active officer remaining, if you want an invite it's best to add Vodh as a friend in game. (or contact him here on the boards)

His tag is vodh#2936.

We're not in super great shape though :lol

Also, my account is finally fixed, can remove the mute again, holy shit that was annoying...

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Think we have like 6 or 7 active people left and Vodh the only active officer remaining, if you want an invite it's best to add Vodh as a friend in game. (or contact him here on the boards)

His tag is vodh#2936.

Also, my account is finally fixed, can remove the mute again, holy shit that was annoying...

I miss the Mumble days :(.

ZenaxPure

What level is your Hoarder gem now? I forgot my level, I think 30 @ 60 seconds.. Do you usually only put on the gem or the entire GF gear when you do T6 rifts?

Mine is rank 33, tried to upgrade it a bit last night but the game was stingy, had like 7 or 8 60% upgrade failures. As for when I use the gold find gear, pretty much anytime I am not doing greater rifts on my monk. The damage loss isn't that noticeable on T6 even though I lose Aughild bonus, a legendary gem, and a witching hour. He is still powerful enough to just speed through rifts.

Not yet, I think most of us are expecting that news out of Blizzcon next week.

Yeah. They have a panel for D3 called "What's Next" that lasts an hour and since there probably won't be an expansion announcement all they will probably talk about is next season and hopefully 2.2.

Past couple of months blue posts have been talking about being able to use excess gems for something, I imagine whatever feature that is is probably part of 2.2, maybe they will finally shed some light on it there.

Raticus79

Yeah, I'd say there's a fair chance of previewing a 2.2 patch with the QoL changes like auto pick up and treating materials as currency.

Ayumi

Earned a loot of money today, with only Leoric's Crown and a rank 6 Hoarder Gem (34%). Guess I should upgrade it but I'm too lazy. I don't care about max GF right now as long as I feel satisfied.

Shifty76

Yeah, I'd say there's a fair chance of previewing a 2.2 patch with the QoL changes like auto pick up and treating materials as currency.

WTB Bane of the Trapped fix please Blizz...it's only been 2 months that monks have been unable to really benefit from the best gem in the game...

Raticus79

His tag is vodh#2936.

Well, I can always help out - I'll hop on EU and send an invite request. If you make me an officer I can check in for clan stuff in EU when I log in before switching back to US for regular play.

Ayumi

Hello, friends!

Just got a RoRG with a native socket. But is it really worth losing that much toughness for the healing?

Should I wait until if I happen to get the same just with higher INT?
My wizard is already a little sheer when it comes to taking damage.. I don't die on T6 but I still have to kite to survive.
(Rolled away AS since it doesn't scale with Firebird's.)

1kNnHZ4.png

J. Bravo

I probably would use that new one. Rings and ammys are for damage, not toughness.

So, when is blizzcon? I'm actually gonna pay attention because I want to know if the next season will be similar to poe season with the added challenges.

Raticus79

Hello, friends!

Just got a RoRG with a native socket. But is it really worth losing that much toughness for the healing?

Yeah, since your IAS wasn't doing anything, in a perfect D3 that tooltip would say something like +10% damage for your build - worth the tradeoff even if the LoH is insignificant. You can make up the VIT elsewhere more easily.

Ayumi

Yeah, since your IAS wasn't doing anything, in a perfect D3 that tooltip would say something like +10% damage for your build - worth the tradeoff even if the LoH is insignificant. You can make up the VIT elsewhere more easily.

Even though the AS &#8594; CC exchange doesn't actually increase my dmg that much, I suppose it makes sense to choose it over AS.
Just gotta get more CHD now to balance the ratio. Thanks for the reply!

Raticus79

Even though the AS &#8594; CC exchange doesn't actually increase my dmg that much, I suppose it makes sense to choose it over AS.
Just gotta get more CHD now to balance the ratio. Thanks for the reply!

What's your crit damage? It might be close.

Edit: I am bad at math this morning - basically you'd be replacing that 7% fake sheet DPS with real damage, but the sheet DPS shown with CC works out about the same - as the tooltip shows.

---

Saw this in a video in another thread:
6GBRw5j.png

Hacked console item, "Professional Russian's Fast Sword".
I'm actually a bit disappointed they only bothered maxing out the speed and damage. Wonder if anyone got anything working like multiple set bonuses or legendary effects on the same item.
At least they put three sockets in their jewelry too and are using all the legendary gems, lol.

Shifty76

Hello, friends!

Should I wait until if I happen to get the same just with higher INT?
My wizard is already a little sheer when it comes to taking damage.. I don't die on T6 but I still have to kite to survive.
(Rolled away AS since it doesn't scale with Firebird's.)

1kNnHZ4.png

Rings should be dps slots since they're one of the few slots that can roll all the dps affixes. You can get vit anywhere - don't waste a dps roll on vit in that slot.

Native socket is the single best possible random roll for a RoRG (well...unless you roll native 6 cc or 50 CD) - congrats.

ZenaxPure

Hacked console item, "Professional Russian's Fast Sword".
I'm actually a bit disappointed they only bothered maxing out the speed and damage. Wonder if anyone got anything working like multiple set bonuses or legendary effects on the same item.
At least they put three sockets in their jewelry too and are using all the legendary gems, lol.

I am kinda curious about that as well. I think the russian fast sword might be from vanilla though? Before legendary affixes were a thing, but I can't remember. I've seen screenshots of a few hacked RoS items, but, nothing really creative. Maybe it's just really easy to increase the damage of a weapon but not add stats to it or something.

Been doing regular rifts to hoard some gold and play on EZ mode. It's so much more fun than trials and Greater Rifts that it's not even funny. Greater rifts are all about luck - getting the right tilesets, getting the right enemy types, getting the right affixes on elites. Like we needed some more RNG.

I might be done with Greater Rifts for good. I have everything I want except the furnace, and with almost perfect stats. They just aren't fun at all.

The exp gain with hoarder and the gold/exp buff is insane too.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Been doing regular rifts to hoard some gold and play on EZ mode. It's so much more fun than trials and Greater Rifts that it's not even funny. Greater rifts are all about luck - getting the right tilesets, getting the right enemy types, getting the right affixes on elites. Like we needed some more RNG.

I might be done with Greater Rifts for good. I have everything I want except the furnace, and with almost perfect stats. They just aren't fun at all.

The exp gain with hoarder and the gold/exp buff is insane too.

I started disliking Greater Rifts when I realized they wasted all that time making that mode without good levels in them. After the recent ground affixes were made to be annoying like frozen and jailer lost my interest even more. In the mid 40's with little interest in upgrading my high level gems cause I still get more damage getting better gear elsewhere.

ZenaxPure

Ended up going from around 486 to 513 today (which is about 1.9 billion XP per level), the buff is pretty noticeable. Also broke 2 billion gold. Will be nice for non-seasons when it rolls over because I am mostly done rolling items in seasons (for the monk anyway, don't care too much about the other characters) but I have a lot of stuff to be changed on non-seasons.

ZenaxPure

Once the season is over and all your Paragon experience gets merged, I'm gonna feel like a low peasant again. :<

The number for me won't actually be that high to be honest, only level 644 according to the paragon calculator. 500+ starts to have pretty ridiculous xp requirements (I think I'm at like 4 billion xp per level on non-seasons). Sooooo much xp needed for each level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom