• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Ultratech

I never rolled barb before and MAN is Raekkor's fun! I'm just zooming and wrecking everything.

It really kinda is.

You basically play like a pinball, busting from group to group.

I used it for a little bit a few Seasons ago (back when WW Barbs were super popular).

Wallach

Man my luck on DH is always so much better than on any other class.

I got an eeks™ brand PL late last night, and already have M6, UE6, decent F/R, an ancient Yang's, and 4 more Ramaladni's. I even got the Yang's from a rare upgrade, and was good enough that I could reroll damage range on it.

Why do I even bother playing other classes? The universe conspires against me when I do.

Radec

TX 2min done. Got lucky with a rift and only me and a DH going separate places and killing stuff. 1 was afk in town and the other can't keep up and just lootin. lol

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Man, I wasted a bunch of time trying to stick with generator too early. Oh well, at least I have the stuff for eek's build.

Xanathus

Finally managed to get a 2nd Unity and tried out the Uliana build but I'm getting shit on in GR 67. I don't know if I'm supposed to be abusing the snapshot mechanic at this GR level but I'm thinking of just swapping back to SWK in order to get to GR 70. After this I'll be gearing up my Wizard so hopefully we can at least get some high level duo GRs done with a Wiz + Monk combo. It seems like there are very few Wizard players in the clan at the moment.

edit: I just read up on this build http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/monk-shenlong-inna-build-patch-2-4-1 , and I DO have 2 Ancient Shen-longs hmmmm

tjohn86

Really enjoying playing a SWK monk. Now if I could get an In Geom to drop I would be set.

Probably time to roll an alt once I get the stash tab.

eek5

Man, I wasted a bunch of time trying to stick with generator too early. Oh well, at least I have the stuff for eek's build.

OPM forever. I tried to get a gg swk amulet this morning and blew 900 souls and got nothing. Feels terrible man. :\

Shifty76

OPM forever. I tried to get a gg swk amulet this morning and blew 900 souls and got nothing. Feels terrible man. :
I'm now 3k shards in trying for swk shoulders without success. Did get a crappy shines but scrapped it then remembered I could have cubed it to possibly get the shoulders. One day I'll get used to the cube mechanics...

Also something like 0/10 in upgrading rare fists to a useful leg fist. I'd take any of FoA, Lion, the opm one, shen's but all I get are freakin scarbringers and wkls.

RS4-

Also something like 0/10 in upgrading rare fists to a useful leg fist. I'd take any of FoA, Lion, the opm one, shen's but all I get are freakin scarbringers and wkls.

I love/hate the rng type of shit like that. One game I wasted 30-40 souls trying to get crit chance on my TKG. Didn't even see a min roll on it. Remake game, get Crit chance in two tries.

Other game, upgrading rare 1h: get 15 pig stickers, bunch of barbs and other shit.
Next game, buncha of Silarias instead.

If you don't get what you're looking for after like 10 tries, just remake to reset the loot table. At least I think that's how it still works.

Raticus79

edit: I just read up on this build http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/monk-shenlong-inna-build-patch-2-4-1 , and I DO have 2 Ancient Shen-longs hmmmm

Yup, that's what I've been working on. Need to put in some more bounty time so I can reroll mine to ancient, and also get more CDR in general. (could roll dex to CDR on my focus, and switch vit/lpss to cdr on my current weapons I guess)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Raticus79-1110/hero/3454234
For groups, I was using focus+restraint and a hellfire amulet instead of unity + endless walk. Another alternative is to replace unity with band of the rue chambers for more spirit generation.

I've been going back and forth on crippling wave:mangle vs WotHF: fists of fury. Fists of fury is probably better overall (more spirit generation with breath of heaven), but it's closer than I expected.

Shifty76

I'm just happy that monk has several viable play styles now.
I quit because at the time the only options we had were zdps (not my style) or raiment ping pong which was HORRIBLE.

eek5

Yup, that's what I've been working on. Need to put in some more bounty time so I can reroll mine to ancient, and also get more CDR in general. (could roll dex to CDR on my focus, and switch vit/lpss to cdr on my current weapons I guess)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Raticus79-1110/hero/3454234
For groups, I was using focus+restraint and a hellfire amulet instead of unity + endless walk. Another alternative is to replace unity with band of the rue chambers for more spirit generation.

I've been going back and forth on crippling wave:mangle vs WotHF: fists of fury. Fists of fury is probably better overall (more spirit generation with breath of heaven), but it's closer than I expected.

deadset seems to be prioritizing cdr the least though. why is cdr so important? :|

Raticus79

deadset seems to be prioritizing cdr the least though. why is cdr so important? :|

Mainly for uptime on breath of heaven: infused with light. It's important for ramping up to max spirit quickly to start the Shenlong active effect and keep it maxed out to maintain full damage despite losing all passive regen and being drained of 65 per second. Having a bit of overkill on the spirit generation lets you cyclone strike a bit more frequently too.

Also helps for Epiphany uptime.

Good idea in there of using dashing strike:radiance instead of a mantra rune. That'll make it a lot easier to keep up.

Edit: played around with it more and WotHF is definitely working out better overall.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
So what are some good Wiz solo/DPS builds? Currently using a Spectral Blade build http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Noray-2106/hero/77679215

I want to explore some other options. I tried Vyr's but it was total trash, even with an ancient Chantodo. Took me like twice as long to solo GR60. Is Firebird Archon good? Or any other Firebird builds? I hear it's the hotness.

I know about Arcane Orb build, and Flashfire, but I've yet to get a Wand of Woh (or Furnace for that matter).

6h8lgY4.png

Feels so good.

Ayumi

Any words from Blizzard on why they won't implement a region transfer?

Would love to move everything to SEA so I don't have to deal with this constant lag.
Then I could finally play HC again.

Jas

Having awful luck with ancients this season. Spent most of the night doing bounties just so I could re-roll a Chantodo's Will but didn't have any luck. Usually just upgrading rares would do the trick but haven't had any luck with that either.

Got the stash tab so I'm set with what I wanted to do this season but I'd like to set my wizard up better.

Xanathus

Geared up my Shenlong generator monk and pushed into 72 somewhat easily. It's pretty relaxing to play and doesn't require much skill or reflexes although it's really slow so I'll have to go back to SWK to speed level my gems. It looks like I'll need to Caldessan some of my gear to push into the higher 70s.

Lain

Would love to move everything to SEA so I don't have to deal with this constant lag.

Just create a character on SEA to play a little bit during seasons and over time you'll have a good base built for normal. It's not the same thing but I feel like they'll never implement some region transfer.

Dunfisch

Hey guys I just started playing and I applied to the eu gaf community. Is it still active?

EU Diablo-GAF is still active, though not as much as it used to be. If you got the actual Clan, I'll see it once I get home and admit you accordingly.

So I got the game on the cheap and have been soloing the campaign

feels bad man

anyone wanna jump in with me?

On the same note, I'm glad to play along - that is, if you're on EU and I can tear myself away from Overwatch. If you're not on EU, well then it's beyond me.

Isaccard

EU Diablo-GAF is still active, though not as much as it used to be. If you got the actual Clan, I'll see it once I get home and admit you accordingly.

On the same note, I'm glad to play along - that is, if you're on EU and I can tear myself away from Overwatch. If you're not on EU, well then it's beyond me.

NA ;_;

Dunfisch

Hey guys I just started playing and I applied to the eu gaf community. Is it still active?

I'm home and I've checked the clan, but there's no new folks asking to get in - it may have been that you tried to get into the community, which is separate from the actual clan. You can expedite the whole matter if you post / PM me with your Battletag, then I can just invite you into the EU clan straight away.

Ayumi

Just create a character on SEA to play a little bit during seasons and over time you'll have a good base built for normal. It's not the same thing but I feel like they'll never implement some region transfer.

I would but I'd kinda hate loosing it all once it rolls over.

Question though, does seasonal HC roll over as SC?
If not, then I might consider it. I'm assuming it doesn't though (that HC stays HC).

Baliis

I would but I'd kinda hate loosing it all once it rolls over.

Question though, does seasonal HC roll over as SC?
If not, then I might consider it. I'm assuming it doesn't though (that HC stays HC).

HC is HC of course, no crossover

Where in SEA are you? I'm in Singapore and I play NA and connect to Australia servers. My ping in game is usually 100-120 and I don't notice any lag at all.

Tom Penny

OMG one punch monk is silly strong. Gear isn't even optimized and I'm still 1-shotting elites in T10.

lol I haven't played in a while and I did a 70 rift with it and It took me forever to do that with Inna's. It's awesome. Swap a couple of rings and it's also a speed farming machine.

I'm on my second day of trying to farm the star helm transmog. I've seen Orlash twice in 10+hours of rifts. They vertically amped up the scarcity factor on this thing.

Razakin

I'm on my second day of trying to farm the star helm transmog. I've seen Orlash twice in 10+hours of rifts. They vertically amped up the scarcity factor on this thing.
Star Helm drops always from Orlash, but it must be a normal rift, not greater.

Really hoping that Blizz won't add new transmogs next season, too much grinding to get stuff this season already, thanks to ultra-rare uniques and bloody rainbow goblins.

Star Helm drops always from Orlash, but it must be a normal rift, not greater.

Really hoping that Blizz won't add new transmogs next season, too much grinding to get stuff this season already, thanks to ultra-rare uniques and bloody rainbow goblins.
*facepalm* I've been alternating between normal and greater rifts...... I'm an idiot.

Top Bottom