• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Yeah, I ran into that same problem with stalling on the Inna's 4pc in one of the previous seasons. There are lots of drops that can help - I remember getting saved by Stalgard's Decimator once. It works really well since with one button press to apply EP, it also triggers the Decimator projectile, which kills the enemy and sets off EP.

Some info on how Seasons work on console. I quoted the whole writeup from r/diablo

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/62rmw5/how_seasons_actually_work_on_console/

Nice! I wasn't sure if anyone had figured out how to edit those offline saves. Good to know that things will be at a better place on consoles now.

so is impale/SM the top build for DH? seeing almost the entire list of top GRs using that build. just got an new ancient HPS so might try it.

Yeah, it's taken over the "boss killer" role in GRs. Most of the build guides I saw used the ricochet rune, but with the dagger that refunds hatred and holy point shot throwing three daggers per use, you wind up with a net gain of hatred even when using the rune that makes it do more damage on crits (edit: which apparently does nothing because none of the damage runes affect the 6pc bonus - see below). I found it was pretty clunky without holy point shot, then once you get it it all changes and it's great from that point on.

ferr

Yeah, it's taken over the "boss killer" role in GRs. Most of the build guides I saw used the ricochet rune, but with the dagger that refunds hatred and holy point shot throwing three daggers per use, you wind up with a net gain of hatred even when using the rune that makes it do more damage on crits. I found it was pretty clunky without holy point shot, then once you get it it all changes and it's great from that point on.

The interesting thing I didn't think about was that people are cubing Aquila because they are constantly at 100% hatred due to the hatred regen from Karleis. The top 5 varies btwn using Ricochet and Overpentration. Not sure if Overpenetration will trigger Karlei's effect when piercing through additional enemies, but I'm sure they have no issue staying at 100% hatred.

I would have to see some videos. They likely use vaulting constantly, and their playstyle would focus around the Endless Walk buffs.

Chris R

Holy crap Innas set. Went from struggling to do the T4 seasonal quests to just walking through enemies in T9. Why did it take me 10 seasons to find the monk finally.

I need to get this set ASAP I guess, but need to hit 70 first. Almost done with the first chapter of the season now that I beat the game last night. Bumped the difficulty up to expert so I can hit 70 quicker but now it takes me forever to kill anything ;_;

Raticus79

The interesting thing I didn't think about was that people are cubing Aquila because they are constantly at 100% hatred due to the hatred regen from Karleis. The top 5 varies btwn using Ricochet and Overpentration. Not sure if Overpenetration will trigger Karlei's effect when piercing through additional enemies, but I'm sure they have no issue staying at 100% hatred.

I would have to see some videos. They likely use vaulting constantly, and their playstyle would focus around the Endless Walk buffs.

lol, I found the answer on why people aren't using the crit damage rune: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20418712688#3
CM Nevalistis said:
Grievous Wounds not affecting the 6-piece bonus of Shadow's Mantle is not a bug. In fact, none of the damage bonuses from runes for Impale affect the 6-piece bonus. This is to preserve diversity rather than leave one rune as the obvious, mathematically correct choice. Players shouldn't feel punished because of their set bonus if they'd rather use another rune or element.
so it would be a tiny effect, going from 40000% to 40330% or so.

So it just comes down to which has better target coverage for your playstyle and the availability of different kinds of elemental damage. The proc ratios are the same for both (as of 2.4 at least). For Ricochet, only the main dagger bounces. I'd expect that only the primary dagger pierces for Overpenetration, but it's worth checking.
Update: tried it out and all three pierce.

Hey guys, what's the best way to farm legendaries? I need one more trophy and it's the equip a level 70 legendary in each slot. I have a couple already, but am looking for an easy way

Dunfisch

Hey guys, what's the best way to farm legendaries? I need one more trophy and it's the equip a level 70 legendary in each slot. I have a couple already, but am looking for an easy way

Real cheapskate answer, use the rare to legendary cube recipe to force your lacking items.

Otherwise no easy way apart from the grind that's always been there. Technically greater rifts starting from about 35 drop multiple legendaries, but given you don't even have a full loadout of legendaries that's probably not happening.

Now you unfortunately can't join public games beyond T6 unless you complete a Solo GR at the corresponding Torment level, but up to T6 is available. So, jump into public T6 games and leech. Ought to get what you need soon enough.

I am not feeling Monk at all, 100% positive why I havn't played this class before and looking at all the monks breaking GR70 involve shenlongs, flying dragon, and just everything else that buffs left click and that requires constantly clicking and hitting new targets. Just feels like so much wrist work compared to DH's full screen clearing capability that I played constantly.

Only beat GR61 with Innas, still waiting on 1 more unity ring to buff my defense before I go with the above to progress because I just die.

Baliis

I am not feeling Monk at all, 100% positive why I havn't played this class before and looking at all the monks breaking GR70 involve shenlongs, flying dragon, and just everything else that buffs left click and that requires constantly clicking and hitting new targets. Just feels like so much wrist work compared to DH's full screen clearing capability that I played constantly.

Only beat GR61 with Innas, still waiting on 1 more unity ring to buff my defense before I go with the above to progress because I just die.

Do people not just hold the mouse button down? I typically just right click to cyclone, then hold left click until things are dead and move one.

You could try like a wave of light build or something though if you want something more than that.

Raticus79

Ran a quick test and the pierce rune for Impale lets all three daggers pierce, vs only one dagger ricocheting, so I think that's probably a bit better overall. Not a big difference since they're both overkill on hatred generation.

ferr

Ran a quick test and the pierce rune for Impale lets all three daggers pierce, vs only one dagger ricocheting, so I think that's probably a bit better overall. Not a big difference since they're both overkill on hatred generation.

I'm new to the Impale build.. tried it a bit tonight and I found I was running out of hatred very easily. It works great when there are large packs, but when you get a handful, you have to be very conservative with your impales.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So yeah, going from 4-pc Inna’s to 6-pc Inna’s is like an incredible power boost. I went from struggling with GR20 to breezing my way up to GR36 and it’s still a breeze even there. I had to go to sleep but I’m confident I’ll be able to go much higher yet, even with me missing key pieces to the build. Those Mystic Allies really pack a wallop!

On the Slayer level of the Season Journey there's ones for beating the Infernal Machine bosses. The only way I know how to do that is to go to the final area of Act I. In Season mode, though, nothing in Story Mode is unlocked; it appears I'd have to run through Act I from scratch.

Is there any other way to get to these bosses that I'm not aware of?

Real cheapskate answer, use the rare to legendary cube recipe to force your lacking items.

Otherwise no easy way apart from the grind that's always been there. Technically greater rifts starting from about 35 drop multiple legendaries, but given you don't even have a full loadout of legendaries that's probably not happening.

Now you unfortunately can't join public games beyond T6 unless you complete a Solo GR at the corresponding Torment level, but up to T6 is available. So, jump into public T6 games and leech. Ought to get what you need soon enough.

Thanks! I didn't even have the cube until last night and it helped me get my last trophy. First game I've platinum.

Baliis

On the Slayer level of the Season Journey there's ones for beating the Infernal Machine bosses. The only way I know how to do that is to go to the final area of Act I. In Season mode, though, nothing in Story Mode is unlocked; it appears I'd have to run through Act I from scratch.

Is there any other way to get to these bosses that I'm not aware of?

At the North end of new tristram where the healer guy is, you can break the door into the Heretics abode and use the keys in there.

Dunfisch

Thanks! I didn't even have the cube until last night and it helped me get my last trophy. First game I've platinum.

Platinum? On PS4, then. Console players aren't subject to the requirement of completing Solo Greater Rifts corresponding to their Torment to participate in public games.

You can just hop into a public T13 rift run and get legendaries like so much candy. Mind, if there's grumpy players they might kick you for being undergeared, but there should be someone who doesn't mind one way or another.

Alrus

I must be doing something wrong, I can't beat T4 Belial with my monk despite having no issue beating GR20. At some point he starts spamming meteors and even with the "cheat death" skill I still get killed eventually.

I must be doing something wrong, I can't beat T4 Belial with my monk despite having no issue beating GR20. At some point he starts spamming meteors and even with the "cheat death" skill I still get killed eventually.
Is this the phase where the green pools bubble up?

I think bosses are never representative of Greater Rifts of the same level. Bosses' HP pools are big and their attacks hit hard and often require fancy footwork.

You can do it in adventure mode.
Well, I'll be. Thanks!

Alrus

Is this the phase where the green pools bubble up?

I think bosses are never representative of Greater Rifts of the same level. Bosses' HP pools are big and their attacks hit hard and often require fancy footwork.

I know that but seeing people talking about GR20 clear being their stopping point for the season journey made me think Belial would be a cakewalk :p

Anyway the issue was I wasn't dealing enough damage, found an ancient weapon and beat it easy right after.

Dunfisch

Did my 70 GR with time to spare, though it's not at a point where you'd call it efficient. No matter, now to see if I can get useful Primals to drop.

tamminen

I tried the Sunwuko kick build and I dont get it. My survivability is really low and I keep running out of vortex stacks. How is this build supposed to work? I know the legacy build is a lot better but Im aeons away of trying that one.

BigDug13

I tried the Sunwuko kick build and I dont get it. My survivability is really low and I keep running out of vortex stacks. How is this build supposed to work? I know the legacy build is a lot better but Im aeons away of trying that one.

There's a few legendaries you need. There's one that allows up to 10 stacks and there's another item that adds a stack every second you're not engaged with an enemy.

The one to go up to 10 stacks is the vital item because it increases the damage of the ghost things that spawn. Just gotta keep pressing the button to refresh it when running between enemies so you don't lose the stack. Both items are really best for that set so you will enter every battle with 10 stacks.

I forget what the items are called. Just check the horadric cube and you'll find the effect I'm talking about.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Am I the only one mad that they are charging for the character? I dont think it's enough content to warrant a price.

Eh, if it’s priced reasonably I won’t be too upset. If they charge $20 just for a class then I might actually skip it. I’ll be curious to see what they do charge for it though.

Am I the only one mad that they are charging for the character? I dont think it's enough content to warrant a price.

Eh, if it’s priced reasonably I won’t be too upset. If they charge $20 just for a class then I might actually skip it. I’ll be curious to see what they do charge for it though.
I wouldn't be surprised to see more than just the new character. They've added, what, two more tilesets and mobs without ever charging before. I don't see why they wouldn't continue that trend when they have a new class coming, too.

And what about the Necromancer's Story Mode? I'd imagine that's fully fleshed out, too.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

It's going to be $20 and they are going to justify the price by including shit you don't really care about/need like cosmetics and a stash tab.

mileS

I'm willing to drop $10 Canadian on the character. Gotten a lot of enjoyment out of the game.

That would put it at around $7 US. This is Blizzard we are talking about here. You can't even buy a cosmetic helm in WoW for that cheap. People need to check their expectations early. If this is $20 Canadian I will be blown away. I'm expecting at least $30.

Dunfisch

Kyoshiro's Soul Belt to get autoincrease for stacks outside of combat, Vengeful Wind to raise the limit to 10 (if you can fit the item in somewhere), but far and away the most important bit is crit chance. The higher you can get it, the more likely it will be that your Kicks will regain the consumed stack at the same time. Crit, crit, crit.

Generally, this variant burns stacks regardless, and isn't suitable for pushing much beyond T13 due to the downtime without damage bonus.

Dunfisch

Gosh, Primals are a shy breed. I'm sure I've gotten the better part of 150 legendaries since I hit that GR70, but not a Primal in sight. 1 in 100 indeed :/ .

DrAg0nBoY

Oh my god it takes long to kill something on T1 for me. I can't die, but killing stuff is a pain. Need to get some better gear, to start doing the Chapter 4 of my season journey.

Got my first Primal, Uliana helm. Crit chance and vitality. I guess some builds prefer vitality over EP damage so it is okay.

Both secondaries were crap sadly. They really need to prune the secondary list. Ignore durability, monster experience on kill, hell even level reduction serves no real purpose with the Gem of Ease.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Necromancer closed beta test coming soon:
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20680310
Make sure you've opted in to beta invites to have a shot at getting in.
https://us.battle.net/account/management/beta-profile.html

For the first time, they specifically said that your game activity will factor in whether you get in or not.

Dun, you excited yet? :p

Although I don't know if they'll be looking at overseas account too. The EU portal doesn't mention the closed beta yet. Maybe it's US-only.

Dunfisch

For the first time, they specifically said that your game activity will factor in whether you get in or not.

Dun, you excited yet? :p

Although I don't know if they'll be looking at overseas account too. The EU portal doesn't mention the closed beta yet. Maybe it's US-only.

I'd be more excited if you dropped by for more season shenanigans : D . Well, if game activity is considered, I'd have a better shot at getting in, though closed betas and such were never something I lucked out on. Wait and see.

strafer

That is not how you get subscribers, because players who play all the time tends to be biased and will love the content no matter what.

It's better to get some new blood and see if can get players back.

Dunfisch

Got my first Primal, Uliana helm. Crit chance and vitality. I guess some builds prefer vitality over EP damage so it is okay.

Both secondaries were crap sadly. They really need to prune the secondary list. Ignore durability, monster experience on kill, hell even level reduction serves no real purpose with the Gem of Ease.

The useless secondaries exist so we don't get the perfect item every time. Without them, you'd go "GG, wrap it up, we're never getting better than this" and the hunt would be over. Without that, you would stop playing the game. And once you stop playing the game, the likelihood of you spending on it again decreases. Q.E.D. or something =P .

Naturally, I don't care for the dead stats either. Gimme my sugar and give it to me now!

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I'd be more excited if you dropped by for more season shenanigans : D . Well, if game activity is considered, I'd have a better shot at getting in, though closed betas and such were never something I lucked out on. Wait and see.

The Zelda thirst is too strong. Sorry I keep failing you, mang. On the plus side, I'm almost-not-done with it. About 100 hours in, one last divine beast to go... But I still have quests to do, gear to get, gear to upgrade, and something like 50 shrines left to do. So the necro beta should have started by the time I'm really done.

Top Bottom