• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

8byte

Banned
Have seasons still not gone live on Consoles yet?

Ugh. Was pretty excited to get off work and start my first season.

MrDaravon

Have seasons still not gone live on Consoles yet?

Ugh. Was pretty excited to get off work and start my first season.

It's supposed to start at 5PM PDT on consoles worldwide which is in about 30 minutes. I might actually hop on it just to see how it works. I've been PC-less for the last two seasons so I mess around here and there on console and I totally missed the Hellcat Waistguard change; I saw people talking about a UE Grenade build being top-tier for DH again this season and I was like wait what the fuck lol.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
It's supposed to start at 5PM PDT on consoles worldwide which is in about 30 minutes. I might actually hop on it just to see how it works. I've been PC-less for the last two seasons so I mess around here and there on console and I totally missed the Hellcat Waistguard change; I saw people talking about a UE Grenade build being top-tier for DH again this season and I was like wait what the fuck lol.

There's also an M6 grenade version that works pretty well for GR DPS.

MrDaravon

There's also an M6 grenade version that works pretty well for GR DPS.

Yeah, I saw that. Seems potentially a bit more dangerous but obviously good. I'll probably still run UE MS since that's still my favorite build to actually play but Mara is the free set this season and I'll have to check out the Grenade builds for sure.

I still have zero interest whatsoever in playing the FoK/Impale builds.

Raticus79

WHO'S ON IN 5 MINUTESSSSSSS

Once more unto the breach!

vnLoLVo.gif

Chris R

Do you need to pick a particular class to do season stuff? If not I think I might do a Demon Hunter or Monk, as much as I've enjoyed my Witch Doctor...

Having never done Seasons before (console), if/when I get a haedric gift and open it for a set piece does it automatically roll level 70 or current level stats?

MrDaravon

Huh, did we know that unlocked pets are apparently cross-platform? I already had the spider and zombie unicorn pets unlocked on my brand new Seasons character on PS4, and I'm 1000000% positive that those were the only two I had unlocked on PC.

Also you can turn difficulty down on console Seasons, but not up; you can normally go +1/-1 as much as you want from your starting difficulty and people were already looking to this for faster leveling on console but guess not lol.

kuYuri

What crazy luck! Got a Whimsyshire portal while doing bounties. It gave me imperial level gems, including rubies before I even hit level 20. In the same rift, I got Leoric's Crown to drop and socketed an imperial ruby. Flew to level 23 and immediately equipped Cain's set along with Borns and managed to reach level 50 within about 3 hours and reached Chapter 2 of season journey already. Easily the best start to a season I've ever had.

I would keep playing if I didn't have work the next day.

Nokterian

Inna's set is ridiculous, doing torment 8/9 right now it goes berserk haha.

Got lucky with a goblin ring so i am full of gold already,got lucky again with gungdo gear so that is done also the boots to multiply my ally's.

Raticus79

Was anyone able to get those traps in HoA3 to work for level 1 T6 kills? Either it was hotfixed or I was doing something wrong.

Got lucky with a goblin ring so i am full of gold already,got lucky again with gungdo gear so that is done also the boots to multiply my ally's.

Yeah, it's a great one to start with. Lots of different ways it can work for early progression.

Yah it really is, it's making me feel bad for my friend who is playing a hammerdin. It's hard for him to keep up without horse.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So it's free now to unsocket gems, that's a nice change!

My new season monk is slightly bugged though, I don't have the season journey book showing under the green leaf on the right side of the character screen. The only way I can even see or access the season journey progress is to press SHIFT+J, which thankfully still works. Strange.

acidagfc

Hey guys, is there anyone here playing it on PS4 Pro?
The game keeps crashing within 10-15 minutes. And it crashes to a point where I can't do anything but powercycle the console, nothing else works.
No other game I tried is affected, does not seem to be hardware related.

Found on other forums that disabling networking helps, however it does not work for me, and I also want to start a seasonal character which is not possible offline.

Any other suggestions?

OK, in case anyone's interested, I figuted it out.

It stopped crashing as soon as I switched network mode (the one that is in game menu on console, you press R3 to change it) to solo only. Disabling network in console menu was not enough apparently.
Had one crash since then, but overall it is fine, I'm past 3rd part of season quest atm (got 4 pieces of a set).

So, definitely, not a hardwre issue after all, phew.

DrAg0nBoY

So it's free now to unsocket gems, that's a nice change!

My new season monk is slightly bugged though, I don't have the season journey book showing under the green leaf on the right side of the character screen. The only way I can even see or access the season journey progress is to press SHIFT+J, which thankfully still works. Strange.

You can look that also up in-game. Or does it there also not work? Upper right side, right where you change the difficulty settings.

Mengy

You can look that also up in-game. Or does it there also not work? Upper right side, right where you change the difficulty settings.

That's what's missing, I can't look it up in game the normal way, the icon in the upper right is completely missing. The only way to access it is via SHIFT+J, lol.

Already got my monk up to Chapter III, working on IV now for the rest of Inna's set. Chapter IV always takes a bit as you need to gear up first.

mileS

I had the strangest seasonal leveling experience on my Wizard. At level 27 I got a Manald heal ring. In my 60's I got a Serpent Sparker with really good stats. With both items and the right talents I was able to level all the way to 70 on expert. Having 2 lightning Hydra's just melted everything. It also allowed me to completely skip the season journey checklist to progress. With a few drops on Torment 1 I didn't even need to. Not like it would have helped much anyway... Delsere set is garbage these days. And its one of those sets that doesn't even prove its worth until you have the full bonus. So now here I am melting stuff on TX as a lightning archon Wiz and I'm only at stage 2 or 3 of the season journey.

The balancing for items is getting really out of wack now. Manald heal is everything for Wiz. I understand locking a lot of power behind a full class set bonus, but 1 ring? I dunno man.

The balancing for items is getting really out of wack now. Manald heal is everything for Wiz. I understand locking a lot of power behind a full class set bonus, but 1 ring? I dunno man.

Yep, the ring is just broken, there isn't really any other way to talk about it. I don't know what they were thinking when they 'nerfed it' and in the same patch let hydras proc it and at the same time add a second hydra to the wand.

Having fun as Monk though!

Demon Hunter is bullshit and I'm actually a little bitter about it.

I remember working hard last season to get my Monk to a place where it could clear GR70. I remember it taking several days, flawless imperials, the right items, some ancients in the right spots.

I remember this time last year, working hard with my Wizard with the Magnum Opus arcane orbit build, working hard in a similar way.

But DH? I cleared GR70 in 6 minutes with basically no effort, in one try. With regular-ass imperials, lowest possible roll leg (non-ancient), and maybe 340% crit damage. sheet damage around 600k.

I saw someone in the DH community chat post their primal version of the same weapon. +64% damage. That's how bad my shit is, and it's like...idunno man. I don't understand why DH gets it so easy. And as insult to injury, you don't even need to swap builds to farm TX or do bounty runs.

You DH mains don't know how hard the rest of us have had it.
LLShC.gif

Wallach

Demon Hunter is bullshit and I'm actually a little bitter about it.

I remember working hard last season to get my Monk to a place where it could clear GR70. I remember it taking several days, flawless imperials, the right items, some ancients in the right spots.

I remember this time last year, working hard with my Wizard with the Magnum Opus arcane orbit build, working hard in a similar way.

But DH? I cleared GR70 in 6 minutes with basically no effort, in one try. With regular-ass imperials, lowest possible roll leg (non-ancient), and maybe 340% crit damage. sheet damage around 600k.

I saw someone in the DH community chat post their primal version of the same weapon. +64% damage. That's how bad my shit is, and it's like...idunno man. I don't understand why DH gets it so easy. And as insult to injury, you don't even need to swap builds to farm TX or do bounty runs.

You DH mains don't know how hard the rest of us have had it.
LLShC.gif

should have went natalya's if you were about the struggle life

heck monks this season will take a royal dump on GR70 just with the haedrig's

I put off my Inna generator build for I6/SW4. The math damage seems decent so I will see what happens.

Still need a Furnace and the Exploding Palm boosting weapon.

Basically the Inna-boosted decoys set off the EPs when mobbing. And then generator/pets/Stricken/decoys take out single target.

Some info on how Seasons work on console. I quoted the whole writeup from r/diablo

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/62rmw5/how_seasons_actually_work_on_console/

Ok guys...I did a fair bit of testing last night and want to summarize how it all works. . .

SAVES ARE OFFLINE ON YOUR CONSOLE
No big deal...you need a PSN account and need to be online to create a seasonal character. You also need to be online to continue your seasonal character.
BUT if you then go offline after loading your save you can continue offline and it will save your progression in terms of items found etc. What it may not save is any Seasonal Journey challenges you unlock and any leaderboard entries.
What this means for Hardcore is that a) you can restore your save and your character will be back from death and b) if you get disconnected you will not die like PC.

TRADE
No-one can trade at all in seasons on consoles.
I can't stress that enough.
Even 2 players in the same online session or 2 players couch co-op that find gear together cannot share that loot.
There is no mailbox, it is disabled. You cannot trade in the party system. In couch co-op if one person drops gear and the other picks it up the gear goes back into the inventory of the character who dropped it.
In online if you drop gear the other person cannot see it.
If you enter a game hosted by someone else, drop gear (they cannot see it) and then you quit, restore your save and rejoin the same session the item you dropped is not there...you can't dupe that way either.
Thus, with zero trade at all we know what that means. No copying of items.

FUNNY GEAR
With no way to trade and no way to import save from lastgen then all that funny gear that kills things in a GR150 is gone.

KADALA/CUBE
If you gamble shards or do something in the cube or craft something and then do certain things to reuse the shards or reuse your mats you will get the same items.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
It means seasons on consoles are in a great spot. All the known exploits are gone.
Yes you can restore a Hardcore character from death since it is offline saves and both consoles offer a backup save system.
Also, no trade may mean that console players may struggle to match PC players in terms of building a top build because EVERYTHING a console seasonal player does has to be self found, self crated or self gambled.
Seasons being 3 months long may mean to get all Ancients or Primals will take a long time.
Top PC streamers get help from party members as they can trade within the party for the first hour or so after they find items thus top players get others to send them mats etc.
But that is minor.
Everyone on console is in the same boat, they seem clean and with zero trade means no copying of items which is most important.
Happy seasonal hunting folks!

tamminen

Holy crap Innas set. Went from struggling to do the T4 seasonal quests to just walking through enemies in T9. Why did it take me 10 seasons to find the monk finally.

Mengy

Holy crap Innas set. Went from struggling to do the T4 seasonal quests to just walking through enemies in T9. Why did it take me 10 seasons to find the monk finally.

Hah, really? Last night I worked on completing Chapter IV with my monk, in 4-pc Inna’s. The bosses on T4 gave me problems, but I managed them, albeit slowly. GR20 though took me three attempts to get it done under the time limit. I had plenty of survivability, it was just taking me too long to kill things before the timer ran out. I enchanted sockets into both of my less than ideal rings and dropped a Bane of the Stricken and the pet buffing gem into them, and that gave me enough to finish GR20 and complete Chapter IV. I now have full Inna’s, but it was late so I just logged off at that point and went to bed, I haven’t actually tested how much more powerful the full set makes my monk yet. Tonight I’ll see.

tamminen

Hah, really? Last night I worked on completing Chapter IV with my monk, in 4-pc Inna’s. The bosses on T4 gave me problems, but I managed them, albeit slowly. GR20 though took me three attempts to get it done under the time limit. I had plenty of survivability, it was just taking me too long to kill things before the timer ran out. I enchanted sockets into both of my less than ideal rings and dropped a Bane of the Stricken and the pet buffing gem into them, and that gave me enough to finish GR20 and complete Chapter IV. I now have full Inna’s, but it was late so I just logged off at that point and went to bed, I haven’t actually tested how much more powerful the full set makes my monk yet. Tonight I’ll see.

Im rocking full Innas with some complimentary legendaries and up to GR50 everythings been mad easy. Im using some stupid build with Wave of Light, Sweeping wind and of course allies and Cyclone Strike. Sometimes a triple molten exlosion or say frozen+arcane surprises me with insta death but other than that its really fast farming.

ferr

so is impale/SM the top build for DH? seeing almost the entire list of top GRs using that build. just got an new ancient HPS so might try it.

Top Bottom