• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I know this isn't the console thread so I don't want to sidetrack too much, but I just saw the link about how Seasons will work on console, and there's no online requirement? Soooooo it's just going to be invalidated in like 2 days once people do the usual bullshit on there? I mean whatever but that seems crazy to me and largely defeats the purpose.

Edit: Hmm, it says to be logged in when you make the character but nothing beyond that. Maybe I spoke too soon?

The previous hacks relied on importing edited saves from PS3/360 - it could be ok as long as no one's figured out how to edit saves on the current gen. (guess this will be a quick way to find out if people have figured that part out yet)

MrDaravon

The previous hacks relied on importing edited saves from PS3/360 - it could be ok as long as no one's figured out how to edit saves on the current gen. (guess this will be a quick way to find out if people have figured that part out yet)

Oh I just assumed people had but maybe not, I don't follow that stuff too much. I was considering messing around on console this season but so many games out and coming out, don't know that I'll have the time :/

On stash tabs? Idunno, what's the max?

I have +3 stash tabs from seasons. I have only played 3 of the 9 seasons. Is the max like 4 or 5?

Speaking of, I'm pretty close to just saying "fuck it" and letting all those seasonal items go. I don't feel like doing backpack management yet again. I have like 200 items, of which I'd say 70% of them are worth keeping. But I ain't got time for trying to make room for 150 new items in this small-ass stash when I have a DH, Crusader, Wiz, Barb, WD and Monk to make space for. Not even considering the whole page dedicated to gems and mats.

I wish I could fit everything I want to keep for a given class on a single page, but given that hey all have at least 3 sets + a litany setup + several weapons worth keeping and special purpose armor and jewelry items...it's just not fuckin realistic at all.

I might ultimately reduce my class variation to 3. Maybe just Wizard, Monk and DH and fuck everything else.

I continue to be be befuddled by the fact that they won't just sell fuckin stash tabs or stashes for real currency. I'd pay good money to not have to stress out at the end of every fucking season. $10/stash? I'd pay it. Path of Exile doesn't have this problem. Why does one of the biggest franchises from one of the biggest PC developers in history have this problem?

Yep, I too have 2 full tabs just for gems, legendary gems, potions, keystones, and infernal machines. Storage is such a massive problem in D3 and it makes no sense at all. Oh we don't want you to hold on to every item, well that is great and all but when you basically have one of each character and four sets per character...you tend to run out of space fast.

You can get 4 tabs through season journey.

Raticus79

For what it's worth, you can right-click armory tabs to change the icon like stash tabs. Not the best selection though.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
These QoL changes feel like they're long overdue, but they're a good thing anyway. Too bad the patch is light on new content. It's probably not gonna make me come back to the game.

Especially not with Zelda around :p.

Dunfisch

Logged in to check the armory and sort S9 leftovers, well... it's nice to have something which once you use it, wish it was there all along. Managed to free up a little inventory space.

As a game though, I find myself kinda burnt out on D3. I've seen everything a hundred times over and I'm not quite that into poop-socking it to tackle the leaderboards, so I dunno about what's next for me. Primal Ancients sound like a nice goal, if it wasn't for the gargantuan amounts of RNG to get the right item to begin with, much less the affixes you want. Perfect stats mean squat when for example gloves fail to roll at least 2 of 3 CC / CHC / CDR, since you can only reroll one and be stuck with a dead stat forever.

We'll see, I'll probably drop in for S10 one way or another.

Ayumi

When you wanna run from D3, but you low-key want a Primal

AnnualSlushyBlackwidowspider.gif

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Logged in to check the armory and sort S9 leftovers, well... it's nice to have something which once you use it, wish it was there all along. Managed to free up a little inventory space.

As a game though, I find myself kinda burnt out on D3. I've seen everything a hundred times over and I'm not quite that into poop-socking it to tackle the leaderboards, so I dunno about what's next for me. Primal Ancients sound like a nice goal, if it wasn't for the gargantuan amounts of RNG to get the right item to begin with, much less the affixes you want. Perfect stats mean squat when for example gloves fail to roll at least 2 of 3 CC / CHC / CDR, since you can only reroll one and be stuck with a dead stat forever.

We'll see, I'll probably drop in for S10 one way or another.

Basically. The necro is probably gonna make me come back - depending on price -, but even that's probably not going to hold my interest for long. It's a new character with new mechanics, but the fundamental game stays the same. Again, the QoL changes should have come out much earlier. Like, the craft mats getting their own space is an idea that I've literally had since patch 2.0 (or whenever they made craft mats actually useful), and I'm sure I wasn't the only one since it's not exactly rocket science. People have been clamoring for an armory ever since legendaries became interesting.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
These QoL changes feel like they're long overdue, but they're a good thing anyway.

Yeah, logged in last night to have a look at the new stuff. Having all of the craft mats in the UI like gold is fantastic, SOOOO much better! Freed up quite a bit of stash space for me. The Armory is pretty cool too, a few observations about it:

• It unsockets your items when you switch them out, but it remembers what goes in there when you re-equip a setup. However, it seems to automatically re-insert the highest versions of those gems which your stash contains! This is kind of handy honestly, as you really don’t need to bother grinding up multiple Bane of the Stricken’s now, and so on.
  • The setups are character saved, so if you have three Demon Hunters they each get their own armory saves, they do not share them.

I actually had two of a few of the classes, but I’m going to delete the doubled toons and pare down to one 70 of each class, because now it’s very easy to store and retrieve multiple setups and builds per character. I like it a lot.

I am curious though how rebirthing will work with the armory…..

Raticus79

I am curious though how rebirthing will work with the armory…..

I'd plan on keeping one character as the non-season one to preserve the armory and then using another slot for seasons, bringing in new gear to the main as each season is done. A rebirthed character will probably have an empty armory.

The1Ski

Anybody notice an increase in non-class set items dropping? Ran a couple GRs and of the 5-ish set items, two were for another class. Obviously small sample size but I still took notice.

Mengy

I'd plan on keeping one character as the non-season one to preserve the armory and then using another slot for seasons, bringing in new gear to the main as each season is done. A rebirthed character will probably have an empty armory.

Yeah, I think I’ll be doing the same: creating a new character for each season and then simply rolling their gear into my non-season character of that same class at season’s end.

watch us get primals with the wrong maxed affixes.

inb4 bracers with max main stat + max life per hit + max armor + max poison.

I got my first primal ancient on Tuesday, it was a Nagelring it didn't have CHC or CHD so yah. I think people are going to be exceptionally disappointed and irritated with primal ancients. If they intend for them to be exceedingly rare you should be able to fully pick the stats.

Anybody notice an increase in non-class set items dropping? Ran a couple GRs and of the 5-ish set items, two were for another class. Obviously small sample size but I still took notice.

Just bad luck.

Ugh, I actually ran about 5 GR's and had the same thing happen. 4-5 set items were for different classes.

nubbe

Gona go with the Inna Monk, it is really good

I'm not going to fall in the Crusader trap this time, Akkhan is shit... maybe has been upgraded?

Mengy

I actually made a stark realization last night: I’ve never gotten any of my characters up to GR70! I was going to play for a bit to see if I could find myself an ancient primal just for fun, but upon reading the patch notes and seeing that GR70 criteria, and then checking in game, the highest any of my characters (my Crusader) has gotten is GR64.

I think my goal between now and next Friday is to get my thorns Crusader up and over GR70. He’s close now, actually he might be able to do it with some tweaking of skills and a few good enchants, maybe a couple more ancient set items to replace his standard set pcs. An ancient Hack with 100% thorns on it wouldn’t hurt either….

Forgot about that requirement to unlock primal ancients.

Not sure what the highest I've been is. You can't tell from the web interface I don't think. Would have to re-download the game and login.

h3ro

Impale DH is a blast! Amazing to just squat inside a large, dense mob, keep full Hatred/health and just let it RIP with blades. Feels like I'm playing Static Charge Monk from a few seasons back!

The1Ski

I got my first primal ancient on Tuesday, it was a Nagelring it didn't have CHC or CHD so yah. I think people are going to be exceptionally disappointed and irritated with primal ancients. If they intend for them to be exceedingly rare you should be able to fully pick the stats.

Ugh, I actually ran about 5 GR's and had the same thing happen. 4-5 set items were for different classes.

That's gonna put the rage in people. I know I'd be annoyed

Raticus79

Gona go with the Inna Monk, it is really good

I'm not going to fall in the Crusader trap this time, Akkhan is shit... maybe has been upgraded?

Yeah, they actually buffed it again this season. The boost per mystic ally went from 100% to 125%.

Impale DH is a blast! Amazing to just squat inside a large, dense mob, keep full Hatred/health and just let it RIP with blades. Feels like I'm playing Static Charge Monk from a few seasons back!

The update to holy point shot to throw two additional daggers makes things interesting. I wonder if it still throws three against single targets.

I actually made a stark realization last night: I've never gotten any of my characters up to GR70! I was going to play for a bit to see if I could find myself an ancient primal just for fun, but upon reading the patch notes and seeing that GR70 criteria, and then checking in game, the highest any of my characters (my Crusader) has gotten is GR64.

I think my goal between now and next Friday is to get my thorns Crusader up and over GR70. He's close now, actually he might be able to do it with some tweaking of skills and a few good enchants, maybe a couple more ancient set items to replace his standard set pcs. An ancient Hack with 100% thorns on it wouldn't hurt either....

Oops, I had forgotten about that requirement. I just happened to do a 70 on my LoN LTK monk last night after combining my gear, so at least I have that unlocked now.

That's gonna put the rage in people. I know I'd be annoyed

Yep, you are going to end up with worthless primal ancients because they didn't already roll the stats you want. Wait till you get a primal pair of gloves and you have no way of getting CHC/CHD/CDR or a necklace that you cannot get a socket and the stats you need on it.

I wasn't even gonna use the Nagelring, but I was annoyed that it was impossible to get even two useful stats out of it.

Dunfisch

Yep, you are going to end up with worthless primal ancients because they didn't already roll the stats you want. Wait till you get a primal pair of gloves and you have no way of getting CHC/CHD/CDR or a necklace that you cannot get a socket and the stats you need on it.

I wasn't even gonna use the Nagelring, but I was annoyed that it was impossible to get even two useful stats out of it.

See, I mentioned that too. Trifecta stats or similar are gonna be a pain, even if you get a Primal.

However, anything that's not a weapon supposedly always rolls with max sockets, so there's one less worry.

Primal weapons though never get a socket because according to Blizzard, you'll most likely want to reroll one attribute and use a Ramaladnis on it anyway.

kuYuri

M6 was my first ever 6 piece set I used, think I'll go back for that this coming season. It's been a loooong time since I used M6.

I can't wait to get my first primal so I can salvage it.

The boss killer meta is supposed to be a fight between the returning generator monk, shadow DH, and Manald Hydra Wiz.

I think I will try Inna6/Raiment2 this season. Maybe a 3 or even all 4 generator setup.

Trogdor1123

Can anyone point me to a crusader build that will help me get to gr60 so I can get primals? I'm about level 500 ( due to sheer luck as discribed earlier in the thread). I've only really gotten to gr30 so far but I honestly don't do them much but want to now given the obvious benefits.

I'm really not good at the game but rather enjoy it.

Can anyone point me to a crusader build that will help me get to gr60 so I can get primals? I'm about level 500 ( due to sheer luck as discribed earlier in the thread). I've only really gotten to gr30 so far but I honestly don't do them much but want to now given the obvious benefits.

I'm really not good at the game but rather enjoy it.

You need 70 for primals. 60 is for TXIII.

Google for Legacy of Nightmares thorns builds. You can also try the hammer build but the LoN build is probably easier to learn even with all the timing shenanigans.

Beeks

I actually made a stark realization last night: I’ve never gotten any of my characters up to GR70! I was going to play for a bit to see if I could find myself an ancient primal just for fun, but upon reading the patch notes and seeing that GR70 criteria, and then checking in game, the highest any of my characters (my Crusader) has gotten is GR64.

I think my goal between now and next Friday is to get my thorns Crusader up and over GR70. He’s close now, actually he might be able to do it with some tweaking of skills and a few good enchants, maybe a couple more ancient set items to replace his standard set pcs. An ancient Hack with 100% thorns on it wouldn’t hurt either….

Yup, I'm still needing to hit GR70 on my non-seasonal characters. I'm able to grind GR65 pretty easily on my Jade WD from this past season, but GR66 is my breaking point right now. Might just sit at GR65 for a while tomorrow and grind up my legendary gems enough to be able to push forward. Having access to my double Unity and undying Templar from my non-seasonal stash is definitely making things a bit easier than they were without them during the season.

Nerix

With a buddy I cleared a GR75 with my crusader (he played a demon hunter).

If you can manage to clear that, will you be able to clear a GR70 on your own (using the Hammerdin build)? How does difficulty stack up in MP? I've never tried to play a grift on my own (or it is quite a while ago).

Ayumi

With a buddy I cleared a GR75 with my crusader (he played a demon hunter).

If you can manage to clear that, will you be able to clear a GR70 on your own (using the Hammerdin build)? How does difficulty stack up in MP? I've never tried to play a grift on my own (or it is quite a while ago).
It would depend on who you play with and how much % of the damage they do/take instead of you and so on (so you wouldn't be able to compare 2man with 2 different people equally). Also, some play better in a group due to the divided work. Anyway I say just go for it. You can start at 65 (4man T13 is the same as solo GR60) and work your way up. I honestly feel like the 5 rifts below my highest aren't that different. My seasonal high was 74 I think, and 65-70 all felt the same, but 74 and 75 were very different. Needs a good map too, with pylons.

To give a morre direct reply to your question, I don't believe Blizzard has ever released any specific number of % when it comes to how much monster health/damage/etc is increased per player. But maybe think of it as a Torment kind of thing. If anyone have seen this info, please share, because I'd also like to know. Maybe it is scaled with the same numbers as the Torment levels increases.

w4ttsup

Thanks Ayumi.

Was thinking of getting this on PS4 for Season 10 as I just can't take the clicking on PC anymore, but not sure I'll do if a PS+ subscription is required for online play.

So just realized that DH Shadow is probably going to have access to one of the easiest Ancient Primals. Talking about upgrading rare->legendary via cube and since they only have two possible daggers you are basically looking at a very high chance at ancient and primal.

What other class has an easy access to a build defining ancient primal?

Ayumi

Tried Lightning Hydra in GR70. Same build as 6Tal/4Vyr Archon, except I replaced In-Geom -> Starfire (cube) and changed Bracers to Ashgaard or whatever they're called. The Hydras are insanely powerful, but I feel like once they're gone and I'm still in Archon, I'm not that strong anymore. So now it's the other way around, I keep dying while in Archon instead of out of it, because I used to rely on the Twister-pull bracers to help me stay away from monsters. There's a lot more chaos without it, so I can't quite predict things as well anymore.

All this teleporting brings back the old days of blackhole TeleFirebird & Strongarm Bracers. lol

Heads up, you can get the Kanai's Score transmog now from the cow portal event in Ruins of Sescheron Act 3. This transmog is time limited and ends on March 31st.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/615pfi/kanais_skorn_is_now_obtainable/

Oh that finally became available? I thought they just weren't going to do it this year or something. Thanks for the hot tip. lol

Tried Lightning Hydra in GR70. Same build as 6Tal/4Vyr Archon, except I replaced In-Geom -> Starfire (cube) and changed Bracers to Ashgaard or whatever they're called. The Hydras are insanely powerful, but I feel like once they're gone and I'm still in Archon, I'm not that strong anymore. So now it's the other way around, I keep dying while in Archon instead of out of it, because I used to rely on the Twister-pull bracers to help me stay away from monsters. There's a lot more chaos without it, so I can't quite predict things as well anymore.

All this teleporting brings back the old days of blackhole TeleFirebird & Strongarm Bracers. lol

Yea these Hydras. Whew lad.

Interestingly, I was watching one of the high GR Wizards play it solo and they were rocking Lacuni Prowlers and I believe they're tracking some CDR for more attack speed overall. AS on the Sparker/Starfire, AS on the bracer, AS on the wrist, and I assume AS maybe on the rings as well. I didn't get a good look, but yea...something to plan for.

Is it a special/timed event?

Yessir. It's available for the month of March every year. In other words, if you don't get it by March 31st, your next opportunity to get it will be March 1st, 2018 (or whenever during the month they turn it on). So you have a few more days to get it.

Note: It is just a transmog for 2H maces or whatever.

Top Bottom