• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

IceMarker

Ran into some of the new tilesets in a rift and thought it made my Necro look cool.

OQIujQI.jpg

XoSmkt4.gif

I love the Plague Set, with the devour aura on, you just walk over corpses and a hail of bone bullets smother your enemies!

tamminen

Whats a fast rift build for WD? I wanna gear my WD for some higher rifts but its a world of pain. Farming with Wiz to burn shards on WD is slow and my craft materials are running out of all the rerolling and crafting already.

Ran into some of the new tilesets in a rift and thought it made my Necro look cool.

OQIujQI.jpg

XoSmkt4.gif

I love the Plague Set, with the devour aura on, you just walk over corpses and a hail of bone bullets smother your enemies!

Wow, love the look of the gameplay with that set. It looks ridiculously fun. I need those andariel wings too... Are they still possible to obtain?

KarmaCow

Just want to make sure, if you already have 10 stash tabs and don't care about portrait frames, there's nothing worthwhile from the season journey after chapter 4 right?

MayMay

Banned
As a complete Diablo endgame noob, what should I focus on once I got my char (DH) to level 70?

After finishing the campaign I switched to Adventure mode and I'm currently working on the season stuff, got the first 2 chapters already, third one almost done.. but it feels like my character is not impoving much. All the gear I find these days is way worse than everything I already have.

Guess I'll have to figure out how to put that cube to good use? Some pointers would be much appreciated :>

Number45

I want to get a half decent two hander with socket to start levelling my WD (with Gem of Ease) but my only character is a barb currently so getting Int rolls is pretty tough - any easy ways to go about it?

Cracklox

As a complete Diablo endgame noob, what should I focus on once I got my char (DH) to level 70?

After finishing the campaign I switched to Adventure mode and I'm currently working on the season stuff, got the first 2 chapters already, third one almost done.. but it feels like my character is not impoving much. All the gear I find these days is way worse than everything I already have.

Guess I'll have to figure out how to put that cube to good use? Some pointers would be much appreciated :>

First order of business should be putting a set together, along with their complimentary items . I believe DH gets a free marauder set this season. Remember to claim the rewards for chapters 2,3 and 4 as they give you two pieces each.

From there, there's a few ways to go with marauder. I'm not right up to speed on the current meta, but a cluster arrow marauder used to be very strong. Here's a link with a nice guide on making it work

Getting that together should allow you to be easily able to handle T10+, at which point it rains oranges and greens, and it becomes a game of finding best rolls, and/or ancients, and later primal ancients.

You then use the shiniest of your most shiny gear to push greater rifts as far as you can go. Thats about all there is to it

I want to get a half decent two hander with socket to start levelling my WD (with Gem of Ease) but my only character is a barb currently so getting Int rolls is pretty tough - any easy ways to go about it?

Yeah per above it shouldn't make a huge difference. The last 10 levels or so, it'll start to level out and things won't be so quick though. Especially if you play on torment +

Number45

Thanks folks. I'll try some crafting/gambling for a bit otherwise just go with what I get.

Struggling to get past where I am with my barb (about GR58) so need something to complement it.

Wolfie5

Thanks folks. I'll try some crafting/gambling for a bit otherwise just go with what I get.

Struggling to get past where I am with my barb (about GR58) so need something to complement it.

Can't check right now but, can't you just craft one with your lvl 1 WD?
You already have the mats from your barb I assume?

Cracklox

Damn. Guess I'll use my monk and beg for wiz to give me their lighting items trash.

You'll have the same issue as Number 45. Different main stats for monk and wiz, so the gear will be far from optimal. You can roll dex to int at the enchanter, but then you have to hope the rest of the rolls are all what you want

tamminen

You'll have the same issue as Number 45. Different main stats for monk and wiz, so the gear will be far from optimal. You can roll dex to int at the enchanter, but then you have to hope the rest of the rolls are all what you want

I think he means hes playing with other wizards and asking for their leftovers.

Damn, I guess gr88 is as far as I can get with archon wiz using Zodiac. The 60 something cdr CoE rotation doesnt seem fun to me and havent really practised it cause I lack some proper rolls on that kit. My Ingeom + Zodiac set is pretty much done but clearing gr90 will require some insane luck.

Its also hilarious how demanding people are on the rift channels. People are looking for wizards with over 3mil sheet dps for grs 80-85, holy shit. Im doing random groups on my zmonk and 90s are a piece of cake with just decent people with decent gear. Give it a week or two and wizards cant get into groups without full primal set. I even got asked to leave when I joined a group for 82s and turned out I "only" had 2,5mil unbuffed dps.

MayMay

Banned
First order of business should be putting a set together, along with their complimentary items . I believe DH gets a free marauder set this season. Remember to claim the rewards for chapters 2,3 and 4 as they give you two pieces each.

From there, there's a few ways to go with marauder. I'm not right up to speed on the current meta, but a cluster arrow marauder used to be very strong. Here's a link with a nice guide on making it work

Getting that together should allow you to be easily able to handle T10+, at which point it rains oranges and greens, and it becomes a game of finding best rolls, and/or ancients, and later primal ancients.

You then use the shiniest of your most shiny gear to push greater rifts as far as you can go. Thats about all there is to it

Thanks man

Finally held my nose and did a third conquest to finish the journey. Did boss mode, it was pretty simple with the Jawbreaker TBH.

With the "feature" of spirit barrage/barber still getting certain pet bonuses every class has at least one viable top-end LoN build. Except Wizards and their stupid high global damage set boosts.

Barb - Thorn Frenzy
Monk - LTK
Crusader - Thorn Bomber
WD - Spirit Barrager
DH - Fan of Knives

Number45

Can you reroll the primary stat? When I went to the enchanter and tried to roll off the strength, int/dex weren't available options.

Ultratech

Mastered all the DH Set Dungeons. They were...mostly easy, I guess?

My thoughts:

-Marauder: Pretty easy as long as you have Bombardier’s Rucksack. The only annoying part is those damn Worms which is pretty much RNG.

-Natalya's: Surprisingly, I managed to Master this one VERY quickly. Assuming you have the right gear/setup for it, you can clear it with a ton of time left. Was surprised it could be done so quickly.

-Shadow: This one was tricky at first since I wasn't sure what the 1st objective was talking about exactly.
Had to look up some stuff on it and even then, it took me a good hour to finally master it.
You really can't mess around; if you screw up the Impale chain too much or waste too much time, you're finished.

-Unhallowed: Another one that took a while to Master; the annoying part was obviously trying to group up enough enemies to kill 20 enemies with one Multishot...and then having to do that multiple times.
All that while moving very quickly. Had to run it a few times to get the path down and some more to figure out the grouping for enemies.

Cracklox

I think he means hes playing with other wizards and asking for their leftovers.

Oops

Can you reroll the primary stat? When I went to the enchanter and tried to roll off the strength, int/dex weren't available options.

This will explain where I'm going wrong!

heh. Unintentionally helped anyway. I meant to mention the option of rolling off the main stat in my initial response too.

Hitting a bit of a wall at GR 58 with my Monk. My deaths are lasting long enough for me to make this post...

I'm around the same on my hc monk. Cleared 55 in about 5 minutes so i can def go higher. Using Innas, Shenlong, Focus/Restraint with about 7 bits of ancient gear. Problem is its my fourth monk this season. The other 3 died mucking around with other set builds. Gem of Ease + having all the Innas and Shenlong stuff make it easy to get back to where I was, but i really don't want to lose all that stuff.

My goal was to make the top bell monk on ps4 who's sitting at GR70 atm. I had a really nice thing going with one with 2 ancient weapons, running high cooldown with a zodiac ring for perma epiphany for spirit regen that was wrecking house. That is, till I suffered a bullshit death in GR55 (wonky hitbox on a champion bull charge knocked me from about 3/4 health to deeds). That one hurt the most. I have everything I need to do it again, but the weapons aren't ancient so....

Blues1990

Is there anyway to obtain The Forge and Unstable Scepter? I thought grinding rifts would do the trick, but neither weapon has spawned.

Number45

What build are you using? Most monk builds are reasonably tank except for like full raiment.
I'm playing barb at the moment, furious charge/boulder toss with IK/Raekor's. I'm tweaking it for some resilience but I think I'm at the point where I'll need to be really lucky to progress although I can definitely get better gear (and I still don't have the wrists I'm supposed to have for the build).

I'll probably start looking at alternative builds soon.

heh. Unintentionally helped anyway. I meant to mention the option of rolling off the main stat in my initial response too.
Hopefully last question on this - if I gamble two handers on my level 1 WD will they be level 70 items or relevant to the level of the character I'm gambling on?

Cracklox

Hopefully last question on this - if I gamble two handers on my level 1 WD will they be level 70 items or relevant to the level of the character I'm gambling on?

With Kadala? They'll roll to your level. Or at level 1 they'll be anywhere from level 10 to 13. Same for most gear. Ammys and rings may be a bit higher

Dunfisch

Ive hit a wall during season 10 at torment 7. Have full Innas set, any tips?

Just the Inna set? Cause with even 1 or 2 complementary legendaries you ought to blaze past T7, easily.

You'll definitely want The Crudest Boots to double your Mystic Allies. Thereafter, you could go for minion boosting items. Lefebvre's Soliloquy shoulders will give you damage reduction after using Cyclone Strike. The same skill triggers Bindings of the Lesser Gods bracers, boosting minion damage for 5 seconds.

There's a few varieties of the build, but you can have a look for yourself.

Freeman76

Just the Inna set? Cause with even 1 or 2 complementary legendaries you ought to blaze past T7, easily.

You'll definitely want The Crudest Boots to double your Mystic Allies. Thereafter, you could go for minion boosting items. Lefebvre's Soliloquy shoulders will give you damage reduction after using Cyclone Strike. The same skill triggers Bindings of the Lesser Gods bracers, boosting minion damage for 5 seconds.

There's a few varieties of the build, but you can have a look for yourself.

thanks will check it out

kennah

Uhhh.. WTF.. I just Removed 3 gems from my chest piece, and they just DISAPPEARED. Didn't go in to my inventory...Fuuuck this is annoying. It was three of my perfect fully upgraded emeralds.

EDIT: Weeeirrdd. They were somehow UNDER a different gem in my inventory. I socketed it, and then the other gems appeared where it was. So strange.

Cracklox

Cool, thanks. I'll gamble on my barb then and roll the strength off on my WD.

To make things even breezier socket a wreath of lightening gem when rings and ammys start dropping at level 20. That thing even at level one will wreck everything on low level torments up till around level 60. It's kinda like your own personal conduit pylon. Also to cheat add the wilderbeast gizzard gem. Nothing like having 20k life regen when you've got 10k health lol. Especially on hardcore

Baliis

Sweet. Tried out this Shenlong Inna build, and went from dying at least 6 times and not completing GR58 in time to beating GR58 with 5 minutes spare and no deaths. I don't even have the right boots for it right now.

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/85473-season-9-innas-shenlong

Inna gen is a pretty solid build yeah. Gotta get the crudest boots though if you don't have them. Might as well just read "double your damage" for the power.

kennah

Inna gen is a pretty solid build yeah. Gotta get the crudest boots though if you don't have them. Might as well just read "double your damage" for the power.

I have the Crudest boots, just didnt' have the inna boots like it recommended. Finally got them, but didn't like how fragile I became, so I scaled back a bit on damage to have increased survivability with the 50% damage reduction from Cyclone. Up to GR64 now.

Uhhh.. WTF.. I just Removed 3 gems from my chest piece, and they just DISAPPEARED. Didn't go in to my inventory...Fuuuck this is annoying. It was three of my perfect fully upgraded emeralds.

EDIT: Weeeirrdd. They were somehow UNDER a different gem in my inventory. I socketed it, and then the other gems appeared where it was. So strange.

I have had this happen with bounty caches. Not something I would recommend trying to replicate.

Cracklox

Does anyone know how to make a tempest rush build that doesn't rely on vengeful wind? I found an ancient balance and the bracers etc and decided to play around with one with the Sunwoko 6. I can take it to GR50-55 reasonably comfortably, but to go higher I think I need something like a furnace cubed. The problem is, without vengeful wind in the cube, my sweeping wind stacks go down constantly, and that's really bad for damage and suvivability. He moves so fast from pack to pack that the proc on the belt barely gets to go off so that doesn't help a lot either.

I guess a higher crit chance would help (currently only around 35%) but I'm not sure where I'll get that from, given all the cooldown reduction I need. Even with a zodiac ring and 53% it only just allows me to recast epiphany which is pretty important

- edit - nvm. As is turns out tempest rush works better with Innas. Just tested it in GR 53 and cleared it in under 4 minutes, while feeling alot tankier. Should be able to take this one a bit further

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
My monk is up to GR69 now but I can’t for the life of me complete a GR70! It’s like a wall that I’ve hit and just can’t beat. I’m running a Shenlong/6-pc Inna/2-pc Rainment build with really good gear, even mostly ancients now too, yet my damage and survivability just aren’t enough to break GR70, even after running it a couple of times hoping for an easier map roll. I kill just a tad too slowly yet, and tack on a few deaths and the timer gets me every time

The biggest weak spot is my legendary gems, they are 50/38/31 right now. I seem to have outpaced my gem leveling so maybe I just need to level them up and I’ll accumulate enough damage to push me over…

Top Bottom