• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

IceMarker

No beta invite yet. ;_______;

At this point I doubt I'll ever get one.

Don't worry Ayumi, from what I can see on the PTR Leaderboards, there seems to be less than 10k people currently in the Beta (so I got kinda super lucky, maybe).

If they hand out friend invites, I'll give you one along with Xanathus and a co-worker of mine. :)

EDIT: To add-on, the Bones of Rathma set really does look sick.

BiyZSjV.jpg

Dr.Wampe

I can't stop playing this. Only on Ch2 of a first playthrough but It's insanely fun.

I feel you, you are in for a ride my friend ;)

I think Diablo III is my most played game. It is like an addiction to me. Every few weeks i start a new char and play it till LvL 70. It never gets boring.

So, I grinded bot matches for a few days to reach player level 12 on Heroes of the Storm for the Diablo 3 portrait and pennant. When I logged into D3, there was no portrait or pennant. Anybody else having this issue?

TP

So, I grinded bot matches for a few days to reach player level 12 on Heroes of the Storm for the Diablo 3 portrait and pennant. When I logged into D3, there was no portrait or pennant. Anybody else having this issue?

I wasn't even aware of this promotion but just got it when I started a game

seems like it's awarded once you're in game

Radec

I thought thats just a limited time event.

Never had problen when I got mine back then.

keraj37

Umm, I just realized that my boss, who works in same building where I do, was Art Director of Diablo III and WoW.

If you want me to hand on your message to him PM me.

Shame I had no clue.

Ayumi

Don't worry Ayumi, from what I can see on the PTR Leaderboards, there seems to be less than 10k people currently in the Beta (so I got kinda super lucky, maybe).

If they hand out friend invites, I'll give you one along with Xanathus and a co-worker of mine. :)

Thank you, I really appreciate this! Could've sworn I already replied to this post days ago.

Umm, I just realized that my boss, who works in same building where I do, was Art Director of Diablo III and WoW.

If you want me to hand on your message to him PM me.

Shame I had no clue.

Who was it, Brian or Chris?

Kiru

Anyone on EU side who could help me with Boss Mode ? Last thing I need for finishing the season. :/

EDIT: Nevermind, did it solo, why didn't I consider that at all before... lol

Radec

Got my Wiz and DH to GR80 solo. Now my Monk is left behind at 75.

Those 2 had it easy man. The DH is so consistent. Its toughness is ridiculous compared to Inna Generator Monk.

Ayumi

Anyone on EU side who could help me with Boss Mode ? Last thing I need for finishing the season. :/

EDIT: Nevermind, did it solo, why didn't I consider that at all before... lol
Which other conquest did you do besides the gem one (I'm assuming)? I always have that one fucking conquest keeping me from completing the journey, and I can't decide which I should do. Then I do it and it wasn't a big deal after all. But this season they all seem equally as painful. I'm surprised how easy Boss Mode was though.

Kiru

Which other conquest did you do besides the gem one (I'm assuming)? I always have that one fucking conquest keeping me from completing the journey, and I can't decide which I should do. Then I do it and it wasn't a big deal after all. But this season they all seem equally as painful. I'm surprised how easy Boss Mode was though.
I did Seasons of War. Was pretty ok with Wiz & DH (3 Sets for each, Firebird & Natalya Sets suck). Yup, hated the conquests this season too...

tamminen

I need some tips for LoN and firebat WD in group gr90-100. I see people dont use spirit vessel at all but Im having hard time without. Its usually during the start of dpsing a mob pack when it pops so thats where Im doing something wrong I guess.

Am I supposed to spread the dots from a distance or jump straight in with the monk? Am I supposed to go in with spirit walk or wait for something, say, arcane next to me or arctic pulse thingie. Im getting better at scouting molten and frozen explosions so usually Im fine once the initiation phase chaos is over and Im happily spamming spirit barrage or firebats next to the monk.

By using spirit vessel Im losing gruesome feast which is over a million boost in dps which is huge.

I need some tips for LoN and firebat WD in group gr90-100. I see people dont use spirit vessel at all but Im having hard time without. Its usually during the start of dpsing a mob pack when it pops so thats where Im doing something wrong I guess.

Am I supposed to spread the dots from a distance or jump straight in with the monk? Am I supposed to go in with spirit walk or wait for something, say, arcane next to me or arctic pulse thingie. Im getting better at scouting molten and frozen explosions so usually Im fine once the initiation phase chaos is over and Im happily spamming spirit barrage or firebats next to the monk.

By using spirit vessel Im losing gruesome feast which is over a million boost in dps which is huge.

Most of this you probably already know but maybe something will cue you in on to what you can try.

Generally DOTs before moving in due to life per hit and possibly channeling bonuses. Use locust first to let them proc through and give some additional toughness with the 25% damage reduction rune. Frog up always if Spider Set. The chicken morphs give some defensive value as well. Harvest as big a group as possible whenever, you can use harvest and spirit walk combo to maximize targets as it doesn't break walk.

If you are running Pierce the Veil in groups drop it for Gruesome Feast. It will do more damage and provide some additional toughness. It will probably out damage Confidence Ritual in good groups as well.

Alternatively, you could also try Swampland Att. instead of the cheat death. It is a huge mobbing defense boost and you don't have to become conservative when cheat death pops.

Good luck, I hate the skill juggling of the RoE WD builds.

Shouta

started up a season DH the last few days because I was feeling like it all of a sudden.

The Marauder's set is really fun and it lead me to an interesting discovery in regards to Cluster Arrow, the range on it is massive, maybe unlimited? As long as you have a clear path from you to your sentries, when you fire a Cluster arrow, the sentries' cluster arrows will come down and hit your target. I found this out going down a really massive hall in a rift. My sentries were near the start and as I vaulted all the towards the next level, I'd toss out a cluster at enemies in my path. The other CAs came down after a bit of delay because of the distance, lol. Fun stuff. Probably already known but since I haven't played DH much despite all my time with the game, it was neat finding it out.

danthefan

I think I'm falling down the rabbit hole here.

I only finished the game on Saturday but yesterday managed to kill some bosses in TIV. Just need to do a greater rift and I'll get the 5th and 6th season set item for my Witch Doctor.

Can't. Stop. Playing.

Speaking of which, at what point now do you actually stop? When you can farm the most difficult Torment difficulty? Then move onto another class?

Also, how long do these seasons tend to be? Is it advised to level a few classes in the season?

Radec

I think I'm falling down the rabbit hole here.

I only finished the game on Saturday but yesterday managed to kill some bosses in TIV. Just need to do a greater rift and I'll get the 5th and 6th season set item for my Witch Doctor.

Can't. Stop. Playing.

Speaking of which, at what point now do you actually stop? When you can farm the most difficult Torment difficulty? Then move onto another class?

Also, how long do these seasons tend to be? Is it advised to level a few classes in the season?

Depends if you want to push higher in the GR leaderboards. Or like me who play many classes and set a certain GR level to reach and move on to a next class. Depending if a certain class has a variety of playstyles then I'll stick to it much longer (Monks).

Ita advisable to stick to one class so you can gear it much faster and better. But I get bored easily hence I don't stick to one class.

When you can farm TXIII easily, you move on to GRs. Then if you hit a wall, go back to NR to get better gear faster.

danthefan

Depends if you want to push higher in the GR leaderboards. Or like me who play many classes and set a certain GR level to reach and move on to a next class. Depending if a certain class has a variety of playstyles then I'll stick to it much longer (Monks).

Ita advisable to stick to one class so you can gear it much faster and better. But I get bored easily hence I don't stick to one class.

When you can farm TXIII easily, you move on to GRs. Then if you hit a wall, go back to NR to get better gear faster.

I didn't know there were leaderboards but not sure they're something I'd get into too much tbh. I figure there's always a ton of people who are better and have more time than I do.

Think I might try to farm TXIII and then start a new class.

Radec

I didn't know there were leaderboards but not sure they're something I'd get into too much tbh. I figure there's always a ton of people who are better and have more time than I do.

To get to the world top you'll need to invest tons of hours. You also need to find other players who'll do that to finish high GRs(100s)

Just play for fun. Or join the neogaf clan and beat the clan leaderboards :)

Cracklox

GR70 is something nice to aim for. XIII is the equivalent of 60 or so, so you just need to push it a little further. Primal ancients start dropping once you hit that.. The other reason I've found is most builds can get there before you start to get into the min-max caldesann grind and looking for perfectly rolled trifecta rings and ammies etc, which gets a bit tedious. At most you want an ancient weapon for your build, but for some OP stuff like DH shadows that's probably not even needed.

The difference from there then seems to come down to how much time you have to grind paragons and gem levels for some +5 main stat, and how many useful primal ancients you can find. That's where people with more hours to play will have the edge

Wolfie5

So I got a primal Holy point shot and I am wondering if it´s any good for my shadow build? I feel I have a better anchient with cc and lightning plus better secondary rolls.
I don´t know. Is there a build where physical skills is useful as shadow? Or maybe 50cc is good enough, I have 59% cc with my current quiver. What would you re-roll or would you just keep the anchient one?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Did they buff Whimsydale(the cute world from the rare goblin portal) in the past few patches? I'm getting so much stuff from boxes, and clouds now drop gold & gems, even Imperial ones on hard mode, when they shouldn't even drop there.

I mean look at this, I had to go back to town like 10 times to salvage lol :
ZUCwgqK.jpg

So I got a primal Holy point shot and I am wondering if it´s any good for my shadow build? I feel I have a better anchient with cc and lightning plus better secondary rolls.
I don´t know. Is there a build where physical skills is useful as shadow? Or maybe 50cc is good enough, I have 59% cc with my current quiver. What would you re-roll or would you just keep the anchient one?

Lightning is the preferred element for fan of knives builds too.

Assuming a reroll to lightning the ancient with CC will probably outperform the primal with imaple%. Maybe if you don't have imaple% on head or boots it would be more damage.

The ancient will probably be better defensively regardless.

You would have to total up your +skill damage and compare it with your CHD to know for sure.

Ultratech

Did they buff Whimsydale(the cute world from the rare goblin portal) in the past few patches? I'm getting so much stuff from boxes, and clouds now drop gold & gems, even Imperial ones on hard mode, when they shouldn't even drop there.

IIRC, it got buffed prior to S10 starting.

They wanted to make Whimsydale actually worth doing (aside from trying to get Cosmic Wings), so now it drops a TON of stuff whenever you manage to stumble across it.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
IIRC, it got buffed prior to S10 starting.

They wanted to make Whimsydale actually worth doing (aside from trying to get Cosmic Wings), so now it drops a TON of stuff whenever you manage to stumble across it.

Yeah, when i saw the goblin portal, i was like "Oh no, not that worthless place again".

But then i went "why can't i hold all this loot.jpg" a few mins later lol. I kinda want to see it again now.

IceMarker

I'm really glad they did, it was no different from Whimsyshire from vanilla D3 before the buff.

Still no date for necro release yet? Getting that itch again, been a while since I played!
I can confirm Necro is fun and I can't wait for the rest of GAF to try him out!!

danthefan

Any tips on how to make my Witch Doctor less squishy? I can do TVI bounties just fine but I stepped up to TVII and Belial can just one-shot me. I have the Zunimassa gear and tbh I'm not following any specific skills build. Is there any other gear that'll help out here especially?

Cracklox

I can confirm Necro is fun and I can't wait for the rest of GAF to try him out!!

I've heard good and bad. From what I've seen it doesn't look amazing but we'll wait and see.

Shameless plug time and semi related, but another little arpg, Grim Dawn, is also adding a necro class as a part of a rather large expansion that will likely go live right around the time as the D3 necro. On top of that there's another class (inquisitor) which takes the total class combos from 15 to 28, plus another story act, raised level cap, new items and skills plus a tonne of other stuff. Having dealt with both companies pricing structures multiple times before something tells me the GD xpac will go for about the same price as the necro class, so pretty awesome value. Also from whats been shown so far, I think it caters more to the fans of the D2 necro, which I'm hearing the D3 one doesn't.

There's even a GAF OT if you want to read a thread with half the posts from me. And apologies for the shill, but I just think its a pretty under appreciated game around these parts

Anyway, how bout that Diablo 3

Ayumi

I've heard good and bad. From what I've seen it doesn't look amazing but we'll wait and see.

Shameless plug time and semi related, but another little arpg, Grim Dawn, is also adding a necro class as a part of a rather large expansion that will likely go live right around the time as the D3 necro. On top of that there's another class (inquisitor) which takes the total class combos from 15 to 28, plus another story act, raised level cap, new items and skills plus a tonne of other stuff. Having dealt with both companies pricing structures multiple times before something tells me the GD xpac will go for about the same price as the necro class, so pretty awesome value. Also from whats been shown so far, I think it caters more to the fans of the D2 necro, which I'm hearing the D3 one doesn't.

There's even a GAF OT if you want to read a thread with half the posts from me. And apologies for the shill, but I just think its a pretty under appreciated game around these parts

Anyway, how bout that Diablo 3

Just bought it! Been wanting to play it for a while. It's only $12.45 on Humble right now. :3

Wolfie5

Lightning is the preferred element for fan of knives builds too.

Assuming a reroll to lightning the ancient with CC will probably outperform the primal with imaple%. Maybe if you don't have imaple% on head or boots it would be more damage.

The ancient will probably be better defensively regardless.

You would have to total up your +skill damage and compare it with your CHD to know for sure.

Thanks for the input. Already have impale on head and boots.
I´ll just go with my anchient quiver and save the primal one for some other time.

EDIT:
About whimsydale, does the staff still work to get it open? Though I only have it on off-season. You can´t get the staff on season anymore, right? Or can you still craft it?

Any tips on how to make my Witch Doctor less squishy? I can do TVI bounties just fine but I stepped up to TVII and Belial can just one-shot me. I have the Zunimassa gear and tbh I'm not following any specific skills build. Is there any other gear that'll help out here especially?

WDs don't have a lot of options for boss defense. Make sure to have the fetish summon belt or the fetish summon passive to maximize your total fetishes.

If you are running Zdogs try and find a serpent mojo. Diamonds in armor can help too.

Thanks for the input. Already have impale on head and boots.
I´ll just go with my anchient quiver and save the primal one for some other time.

EDIT:
About whimsydale, does the staff still work to get it open? Though I only have it on off-season. You can´t get the staff on season anymore, right? Or can you still craft it?

I have a stack of primals in my "gear that may be good after a patch."

W-shire = staff = portrait and transmogs
W-dale = rainbow gob = wings

You should still be able to do the staff in seasons. W-shire can also show up in normal rifts.

Wolfie5

I have a stack of primals in my "gear that may be good after a patch."

W-shire = staff = portrait and transmogs
W-dale = rainbow gob = wings

You should still be able to do the staff in seasons. W-shire can also show up in normal rifts.

Oh, I didn´t realize there were 2 different rainbow levels.

Irobot82

ZUCwgqK.jpg

Hmm, there's not much there worth picking up that takes up inventory room.

So i decided i want to get back into this and i have no clue what to do.

I have a character, barbarian, that i leveled to 70 and finished the campaign with but now what do i do?
I'd like to make a good build bcs mine is probably all over the place.

Is there a good guide i can follow on what i should do or grind, i just did some bounty's in adventure mode but i feel like i should be doing other stuff

help plz :)

kennah

I stopped collecting for salvage and then actually ran out of materials for enchants. So now I pick everything up again.

Cracklox

Just bought it! Been wanting to play it for a while. It's only $12.45 on Humble right now. :3

Good job! Enjoy

So i decided i want to get back into this and i have no clue what to do.

I have a character, barbarian, that i leveled to 70 and finished the campaign with but now what do i do?
I'd like to make a good build bcs mine is probably all over the place.

Is there a good guide i can follow on what i should do or grind, i just did some bounty's in adventure mode but i feel like i should be doing other stuff

help plz :)

Bounties aren't a bad thing to be doing. You'll need the mats from them. Rifts and greater rifts are generally where to go for equipment drops though. Here's something I typed up for some one who asked a very similar question a few pages ago.

First order of business should be putting a set together, along with their complimentary items . I believe DH gets a free marauder set this season. Remember to claim the rewards for chapters 2,3 and 4 as they give you two pieces each.

From there, there's a few ways to go with marauder. I'm not right up to speed on the current meta, but a cluster arrow marauder used to be very strong. Here's a link with a nice guide on making it work

Getting that together should allow you to be easily able to handle T10+, at which point it rains oranges and greens, and it becomes a game of finding best rolls, and/or ancients, and later primal ancients.

You then use the shiniest of your most shiny gear to push greater rifts as far as you can go. Thats about all there is to it

Bolded is important and easy to miss

For barb you get the raekor set for completing the season challenge which is centered around furious charge. I haven' t played with the set much so can't help too much with the specifics, but throwing the 6 set together with some complimentary items (bracers belts, weapons etc) should see you doing torment 10 without much issue

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I would play the shit out of D3 right now if the necro was out :(

Whats taking so long :/

Top Bottom