• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So I just noticed there's a patch and I kinda have the itch to play, it has been a long time so I'm asking, what's the most fun class/build ATM? There's always that one super fun build but I'm out of the loop. Also, is there a season active right now?

Dunfisch

So I just noticed there's a patch and I kinda have the itch to play, it has been a long time so I'm asking, what's the most fun class/build ATM? There's always that one super fun build but I'm out of the loop. Also, is there a season active right now?

"Fun" is a really relative term here. Anything which subverts flavour ot the season or meta usually ends up being inefficient in regards to farming, which means you get burned out because you're not getting anywhere.

That being said, I personally had a lot of fun playing Whirlwind Barb on HC this season. The 6PC got buffed a lot and you got key items which add a lot of multiplicative buffs now, too. It tapered out at TX/XI thus far, not so much in regards to dealing damage but mitigation. Requires good rolls with allres, which I got very few of on my toon =P .

Impale DH can be fun, I guess. Zip from Elite to Elite, nuke them in moments, rinse and repeat. No good for general clearing though.

And yeah, season is still active. No one knows how long it'll last, but Blizzard usually anncounces the end of season 2 weeks in advance. It might go on for a bit yet, given people expect Necromancer for 2.6 / S11.

Khilandros

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20811888/malthael’s-bargain-6-5-2017

Play 15 Games with friend in VS AI, QM, Ranked, and Unranked Draft as Heroes from the Diablo Universe. Once the bargain is struck and the task is complete, you'll receive the following rewards:

- Heroes of the Storm Rewards: Leoric's Phantom, 1x Epic Loot Chest
- Diablo III PC Rewards: Ghost Kerrigan Wings

The event begins during the week of June 13, and lasts until June 26

I really want these wings, they look nice

Blues1990

With the Necromancer coming back to the game soon-ish, do you guys think it's worth seeing the return of the Amazon class from Diablo II? I really miss those spear and arrow skills from that class.

Loved the old Bowazon.

Radec

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20811888/malthael’s-bargain-6-5-2017

Play 15 Games with friend in VS AI, QM, Ranked, and Unranked Draft as Heroes from the Diablo Universe. Once the bargain is struck and the task is complete, you’ll receive the following rewards:

- Heroes of the Storm Rewards: Leoric’s Phantom, 1x Epic Loot Chest
- Diablo III PC Rewards: Ghost Kerrigan Wings

The event begins during the week of June 13, and lasts until June 26

I really want these wings, they look nice

Oh shit. Time to install HotS again and play with AI. That wings looks great.

IceMarker

So is there going to be no new content being added with the necro?
There's several new areas with new tilesets, etc. called Temple of the First Born and Shrouded Moors in Act II including 4 "new" areas in Act IV with remixed areas of old tilesets. There's a
entirely new Act mini-boss that is the Aspect of Envy in Act II as well.

As for the rest it is directly related to Challenge Rifts, new monsters in said new areas, and Necromancer items/lore.

Personally, I think Temple of the First Born is one of the coolest tilesets in the whole game to play in now, especially when you get them with different lighting effects in Rifts.

Xanathus

Oh shit. Time to install HotS again and play with AI. That wings looks great.

I was considering redownloading HotS for like the 4th time again just for the wings, but then I saw the Necromancer cosmetics blog post and realized that both the HotS and Necromancer wings are practically the same but the Necromancer ones have effects.

Syf

Banned
I'm gonna have to do this round of HotS games too. Already have the older Kerrigan wings but these ones will look better with a lot of sets.

Radec

If anyone wants to do some HotS AI on US, add me up:
theEnemy#1243

I was considering redownloading HotS for like the 4th time again just for the wings, but then I saw the Necromancer cosmetics blog post and realized that both the HotS and Necromancer wings are practically the same but the Necromancer ones have effects.

What wings? Care to share the link?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
they keep saying "soon", but how "soon"?

I just played about 12 hours of Path of Exile, enough to finish the campaign on normal and enough to get what I was going to get our of the game. Dont get me wrong, this isnt even a jab at the game, I thought it was quite good and can totally see why its popular. It also has a minion army spec which most of this genre fail to have for whatever reason.

I just dont feel the need to invest anymore time in it, when what I really want is to play D3 with a Necro right now. But I cant blizzrd... I cant.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
With the Necromancer coming back to the game soon-ish, do you guys think it's worth seeing the return of the Amazon class from Diablo II? I really miss those spear and arrow skills from that class.

Loved the old Bowazon.

I think it is very likely that the necromancer is the last piece of paid content that Diablo 3 will see. I am in the camp that believes they salvaged the necromancer from a planned but canceled 2nd expansion and are focusing the bulk of their Diablo-related efforts on the next game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
on the launcher there is a 2.5 preview video. In it, there is a Demonhunter (at least judging from the spell icons) shooting what looks like blue lasers everywhere. What build is that? :eek:

Cracklox

on the launcher there is a 2.5 preview video. In it, there is a Demonhunter (at least judging from the spell icons) shooting what looks like blue lasers everywhere. What build is that? :eek:

Haven't seen the trailer, but I'm guessing it was Unhallowed Essence multishot build. Pretty damn strong and fast. Had a lot of fun with that this season

Ryck

Complete Diablo noob here, a buddy of mine got the game for me as a way to force me to play it with him and I have gotten pretty addicted these last few weeks of playing. Using a Wizard, just completed the Tal-Rasha gear set today with some Firebird armor filling out the rest (love the meteors and self revive). Seems like once I finished the TR set I was able to escape the Torment 6 hell I had been stuck in for a while. Question is now I can't seem to go past Rift 40, is there any trick to it? I'm only Paragon 250 or so does that have to do with it? Or do I just need to unlock the higher greater rifts by doing the regular rifts at higher Torments?

Also are the Set dungeons worth doing? Do you get something special?

Playing on ps4 btw.

Ayumi

Complete Diablo noob here, a buddy of mine got the game for me as a way to force me to play it with him and I have gotten pretty addicted these last few weeks of playing. Using a Wizard, just completed the Tal-Rasha gear set today with some Firebird armor filling out the rest (love the meteors and self revive). Seems like once I finished the TR set I was able to escape the Torment 6 hell I had been stuck in for a while. Question is now I can't seem to go past Rift 40, is there any trick to it? I'm only Paragon 250 or so does that have to do with it? Or do I just need to unlock the higher greater rifts by doing the regular rifts at higher Torments?

Also are the Set dungeons worth doing? Do you get something special?

Playing on ps4 btw.
You should be able to clear 60s with that Paragon as long as you're using the proper gear and build. Firebird's is trash. You'll want 4piece Tal and 2piece Vyr together. Look up Archon Wizard and see what you need.

If you Master all the set dungeons you get special wings. And there's also a seasonal conquest for mastering 8 of them.

You'll unlock Torments by completing solo Greater Rifts.

Ryck

Ok gotcha, yeah now trying a Tal/Vyr Archon build and it's quite powerful.

I've maxed my resist all paragon, should I go life or Armor next?

Ryck

Great I was working on Armor!

Also last question for a while (sorry) is there anyway to keep the Tal elemental stacking buff while still in Archon? I notice once im in Archon I only do one element type of damage. I thought the Vyrs set makes it so Archon uses all the runes, guess I figured that included the elements as well. Is the all runes active think automatically proc'd or do I have to select no runes to make it work? ( I tried selecting all but that didn't work)

Great I was working on Armor!

Also last question for a while (sorry) is there anyway to keep the Tal elemental stacking buff while still in Archon? I notice once im in Archon I only do one element type of damage. I thought the Vyrs set makes it so Archon uses all the runes, guess I figured that included the elements as well. Is the all runes active think automatically proc'd or do I have to select no runes to make it work? ( I tried selecting all but that didn't work)

Not really. Tal/Vyr is set for big damage for the first 7-8 seconds of Archon and after it ends when you can get the Tal bonus back up with the holdover Archon stacks.

Rhaknar

so they HAVE to announce D4 at this year's Blizzcon right?

Ryck

Not really. Tal/Vyr is set for big damage for the first 7-8 seconds of Archon and after it ends when you can get the Tal bonus back up with the holdover Archon stacks.
Oh ok, that is what I figured I notice I do the most damage the 20 seconds after Archon
with the Tal buff. Guess I just have to plan my attacks around that.

Haven't played in a long time, but is the PS4 community dead? I got back into the game this week and can't find anyone doing bounties or rifts via quickmatch in Torment 4-6.

I guess everyone is near the max torment level or playing temp characters in seasons? (How long do the seasons last? Does that character become a regular character after the season ends?)

Rhaknar

Why would they do that when they are still releasing content for the game? Out of their classic franchises, it's the most recent game.

isnt the consensus that the Necromancer is ripped from a canceled expansion because logic would dictate they are working on a new one?

and they have nothing else to announce except the next wow expansion I guess?

Ayumi

Ok gotcha, yeah now trying a Tal/Vyr Archon build and it's quite powerful.

I've maxed my resist all paragon, should I go life or Armor next?
Resist should be the last Paragon Point priority with this build, Armor being the first. This also counts for gear where you can only choose between the two.
Intelligence gives AllRes which is why you don't have to roll for it.

Ryck

Resist should be the last Paragon Point priority with this build, Armor being the first. This also counts for gear where you can only choose between the two.
Intelligence gives AllRes which is why you don't have to roll for it.
Oh really? Ok ill adjust that so Armor will be filled, what do I fill up after that?

Rhaknar

been leveling a WD at work to pass the time (for the 15th time or so I lvl a WD), just normally through story (dunno the last time I did that, last time I played it was all boosted via torments with friends lol), kinda into it. Man I am so ready for the Necro :(

Cracklox

Haven't played in a long time, but is the PS4 community dead? I got back into the game this week and can't find anyone doing bounties or rifts via quickmatch in Torment 4-6.

I guess everyone is near the max torment level or playing temp characters in seasons? (How long do the seasons last? Does that character become a regular character after the season ends?)

Its not dead, dead, but I'm sure PC is far more active. Non seasonal, lower torment doesn't surprise me. Heck even in season, where most people will be playing TX and above, it wasn't exactly reliable getting a game. Most people hosting will be set to rifts, so that's the main one to try though.

To give you an idea, I've got a Monk that I cleared GR 67 with in seasonal hardcore. That was good for about 130th on the leaderboards for seasonal monks. God knows what number in the thousands I'd be If I was on pc. I also play hardcore which probably dilutes things a bit too

Cracklox

I got to rank 998 for monk GR80 clear on softcore seasonal.

First time I saw myself in the leaderboards. lol

Hmm that made me go check the pc leaderboards to see where my clear would put me. Right around 530, which isn't nearly as low as what I thought it'd be

Side note to that. My DH who I used to clear GR70 is ranked 470 something. DH by far the most popular class this season on console

Its not dead, dead, but I'm sure PC is far more active. Non seasonal, lower torment doesn't surprise me. Heck even in season, where most people will be playing TX and above, it wasn't exactly reliable getting a game. Most people hosting will be set to rifts, so that's the main one to try though.

To give you an idea, I've got a Monk that I cleared GR 67 with in seasonal hardcore. That was good for about 130th on the leaderboards for seasonal monks. God knows what number in the thousands I'd be If I was on pc. I also play hardcore which probably dilutes things a bit too

I'm sorry is GR 67 mean gear rating? or does it mean you cleared Greater Rift level 67?

Cracklox

I'm sorry is GR 67 mean gear rating? or does it mean you cleared Greater Rift level 67?

Ya. The latter. Greater rift. I didn't think that was that great, especially compared to other folk around here, but turns out it's not too bad. I used a tempest rush build as well, and last time I checked I was highest on the leaderboards using that skill. I prob could have gone further with it too, but I think I documented her rather unfortunate demise a page or two back while attempting 68

Baliis

What is the draw in making a seasonal character?

Do you get anything special?

There's some cosmetic stuff like a transmog set, portrait backgrounds, pets, etc. You also get an extra stash tab if you do enough of the season journey.

Mostly for me the draw is just in a fresh reset. It's not really any different than non-season, but since everyone comes back it's nice to see lots of activity for a month or so before it dies down again.

Blues1990

I think it is very likely that the necromancer is the last piece of paid content that Diablo 3 will see. I am in the camp that believes they salvaged the necromancer from a planned but canceled 2nd expansion and are focusing the bulk of their Diablo-related efforts on the next game.

Yeah, I feel as such. Shame, as the class is in Heroes of the Storm and would love it to return.

IceMarker

There's some cosmetic stuff like a transmog set, portrait backgrounds, pets, etc. You also get an extra stash tab if you do enough of the season journey.

Mostly for me the draw is just in a fresh reset. It's not really any different than non-season, but since everyone comes back it's nice to see lots of activity for a month or so before it dies down again.

Just like the good ol' Diablo II ladder, which needed it, considering all the bots and scammers.

Top Bottom