• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Just beat the Tal Rasha Dungeon and got nothing. Wtf?!?

You don't get anything for completing it?!?

Ugh

I could be wrong, but aren't they only good for achievements(and their extra rewards if you do them all for one class/all classes) and season objectives?

Ultratech

I could be wrong, but aren't they only good for achievements(and their extra rewards if you do them all for one class/all classes) and season objectives?

Pretty much.

IIRC:
-There's achievements just for "Completing" them (Completion = Kill all Monsters and Complete 1 Primary Objective.)
-There's achievements just for Mastering them (Mastery = Kill all Monsters and Complete all Primary Objectives in the Time Limit allotted.)

For Completing them all for all classes (this isn't too bad), you get some Wings of the Dedicated. (The glowy Angel-like kind.)
For Completing/Mastering them all with a specific class, you get special Pennants. (The Pennants are based off the Class you did it for.)
For Mastering them all for ALL classes, you get Wings of Mastery. (Kinda like the Illidan wings.)
Then you get various Banner stuff just from getting a lot of those Achievements done.

Other damage gems to use are Zei's, Enforcer, or Simplicity's Strength if they fit your big damage attacks. Also, Pain Enhancer is great for IAS boosts against mobs.

For defense, Esoteric Alteration. Need more defense, you are probably doing it wrong.

A bunch of other gems are good for supports and farming.

Went ahead and got the PC version. Super fun, but it seems pretty easy (for now), even on hard. Not really a complaint, I'm just surprised how quickly everything melts. Put in a good number of hours and I haven't even used a healing potion, playing as a Wizard.

Went ahead and got the PC version. Super fun, but it seems pretty easy (for now), even on hard. Not really a complaint, I'm just surprised how quickly everything melts. Put in a good number of hours and I haven't even used a healing potion, playing as a Wizard.

feel free to up the difficulty if you want more challenge. that's why the feature is in the game!

I can crank it up one more level past hard, but I noticed the bonus experience goes from +75% to +100% and was, "ehh". :)

Ok, I'm going to try out expert.
The Butcher
died in a couple of seconds.

Bisnic

I can crank it up one more level past hard, but I noticed the bonus experience goes from +75% to +100% and was, "ehh". :)

Ok, I'm going to try out expert.
The Butcher
died in a couple of seconds.

Real challenge is once you hit lvl 70 and start doing Torment difficulties and Greater Rifts. Lvling up on Hard/Expert will always be easy with a bunch of legendary items and good(or even mediocre) rares.

Bisnic

So I found 4 Menagerist Goblins while doing Act I-II-III bounties.

I mean, how lucky can you get? This is insane lol.

Finishing up act 1 impressions... :p

Blizzard games are just so smooth, and this plays like a dream. I've put hundreds of hours into 1&2 (waited a long time to pull the trigger on this one, huh), and the flow of combat is as good as I'd expect.
That act 1 end cinematic was insane. The storytelling is pretty cheesy, but that was badass.
Enemy variety has been good.
Diablo loot is better than others that attempt to mimic it. I can't wait to see what drops, as opposed to something like Nioh (I love the game), where I feel overloaded at all times. Of course, Diablo 1&2 had way more trips to town to sell junk, so they improved things here.

For a negative, all the outdoor areas seem wide open, without much in them. Locations in Grim Dawn, for example, are dense, and feel more like places, rather than combat arenas. Interiors so far feel like square rooms and corridors.

manhack

Diablo loot is better than others that attempt to mimic it. I can't wait to see what drops, as opposed to something like Nioh (I love the game), where I feel overloaded at all times.

You probably picked the best time to start in regards to loot. At launch the gameplay was decent, but the loot was terrible. The revamped systems, new legendaries with special powers and set items have made it a whole new game.

I think PoE captures the old magic of D2 better, but D3 is such a fun game now that I look forward to each season reset so I can grind out with a new character (or two if I get really sucked in).

I have stopped collecting Death's Breaths from elites. It is kind of liberating. I think that will be my MO for non-seasonal and late season rift runs.

Pets need to pick up all the crafting tab items.

Ingeniero

What's the "best" way to play the game nowadays? Like, the most fun?

Start a seasonal char and play the campaign? Get rushed by someone and start doing rifts?

What are the dungeons I've read in this page?

Baliis

What's the "best" way to play the game nowadays? Like, the most fun?

Start a seasonal char and play the campaign? Get rushed by someone and start doing rifts?

What are the dungeons I've read in this page?

I only ever play seasonal, but adventure mode is where it's at. Basically no one does the campaign anymore outside going for the guaranteed crown off Leoric or needing to unlock adventure mode in non seasons. Just ask someone to power level you and then if you're in seasons do the journey to get your 6set bonus and go from there.

There's a "dungeon" for each set that your can enter if you have all the pieces on. It's basically just a challenge map where you have to kill all the mobs while meeting certain requirements. They suck ass for the most part.

Xanathus

Been reading up on the state of Necromancer and it sounds like it's unbalanced in a weak kind of way and is being rushed for release. Ignoring exploits that make it invulnerable, it seems like it doesn't have enough damage mitigation for high GRs, and also does not have any effective movement travel options which makes it also bad for speed farming. Generally it feels like it's going to be like how Crusader was on release which was completely awful, but then they'll buff it up at the next patch after one whole season of sucking.

Bombless

Been reading up on the state of Necromancer and it sounds like it's unbalanced in a weak kind of way and is being rushed for release. Ignoring exploits that make it invulnerable, it seems like it doesn't have enough damage mitigation for high GRs, and also does not have any effective movement travel options which makes it also bad for speed farming. Generally it feels like it's going to be like how Crusader was on release which was completely awful, but then they'll buff it up at the next patch after one whole season of sucking.

This wouldn't surprise me one bit.

IceMarker

Next week? Excellent, I was wondering why they were so quiet on updates for us Necro Beta players lately.

$15 is definitely a sweet spot for what I was willing to pay. You got my money Blizz.

Is the damage/toughness number given accurate as far as what is truly the best available equipment to use (2h vs DW, health vs other DR)? I'm mainly curious about 2h vs DW on my Barb. 2h has seemed the best so far, just playing solo and leveling up.

DryvBy

I'm doing a season and just unlocked all the set gear for a warrior. Is there a way to transfer any of that to my non-season character?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
next week? fuck yes!

I expected $15 but I hoped $10 :(

kuYuri

I'm doing a season and just unlocked all the set gear for a warrior. Is there a way to transfer any of that to my non-season character?

You'll have to wait until the season ends. All the things you did during the season gets transferred to non-season characters.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
when does the new season start? Kinda sucks that it doesnt start with the Necro, as im not waiting until it does to play one thts for sure.

Top Bottom