• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

I have now hit that annoying phase with my seasonal WD where my gear is pretty good overall, but a few ancients shy from great. And these last few ancients never, ever drop. I have thrown thousands upon thousands of shards at Kadala, farmed like I have no life, and still... No upgrades. :(

Addnan

Lé Blade Runner;179225194 said:
I have now hit that annoying phase with my seasonal WD where my gear is pretty good overall, but a few ancients shy from great. And these last few ancients never, ever drop. I have thrown thousands upon thousands of shards at Kadala, farmed like I have no life, and still... No upgrades. :(

That's the best part of it! When that final piece drops and it makes you scream in excitement. my 4.6k gavel dropped and I shouted into teamspeak lol, people got scared.

That's the best part of it! When that final piece drops and it makes you scream in excitement. my 4.6k gavel dropped and I shouted into teamspeak lol, people got scared.

Well, it certainly does feel better once the drops happen. :D

EU is having horrible server-problems right now, unfortunately. I've been booted out of the game three times within an hour.

Lain

I was hoping they would have fixed the EU problems by now. I mean they started yesterday.
Just got booted out of my game. At least I was just doing a normal rift.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I was hoping they would have fixed the EU problems by now. I mean they started yesterday.
Just got booted out of my game. At least I was just doing a normal rift.

Are those related to area damage/WD builds, or is it something else entirely?
Speaking of, I don't understand why those lag issues are appearing only now. Is this the first time D3 servers lag and crash so much since the launch window?

Are those related to area damage/WD builds, or is it something else entirely?
Speaking of, I don't understand why those lag issues are appearing only now. Is this the first time D3 servers lag and crash so much since the launch window?

Na that's different, there's some issues with Telia repairing some lines or whatever and all their EU stuff is unstable atm, it's on the b.net launcher.

On the actual D3 lag though, it wasn't as apparent before because density is based on GR levels and not as many groups got to high GR before and used different setups to do damage that didn't kill the servers as much. DoTs are mostly what cause the issues, they tick too often and each tick can proc area damage, then you have like 30mobs at the same time getting hit by 5-10different dots at the same time and well, it becomes a mess. That's why for the most part you can progress with HotA barbs and Uliana monks and Carnevil WDs but not with Helltooth WDs or Rend Barbs, or it requires weird gameplay like not making the stacks too big, removing area damage entirely(including paragon) and so on.

eek5

Lé Blade Runner;179225194 said:

Yeah I'm missing a couple ancient pieces too. Been trying to get an ancient HT helm but it refuses to drop.. even with bad stats. I've upgraded helms, reforged, and gambled kadala and nothing. -_-

Nokterian

So far i am enjoying this season a lot. Playing with fellow gaffers getting my gear this fast is so damn good i am really happy with it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
got all the items for the monk, no ancients (maybe 1 set piece ancient, not sure), not amazing but im happy. up to 52 grift now (solo obviously), my WD went up to 53 before I stopped.

going back to normal TX rifts is hilarious, I missed 1 shotting elites (which I dont do by a longshot in 52 grift of course). My biggest hurdle atm is having to run around so much because im always almost dead. Also that 52 was kinda close, well not really like 9mins, but it feels like I wont be able to do much more with my gear atm.

Unfortunately I have to be a sheep and say that Monk is my favorite class atm, surpassing WD, which annoys me greatly, but it is what it is. Those explosions are just way too satisfying.

I would say atm Monk > WD > Barb > DH. I havent played Crusader or Wiz yet (well I did non season but not with sets and shit)

I would probably enjoy Crusader because when I played non season, I was spamming that spinny hammer thing before even knowing there was a set for it, and it was viable heh. Thats my biggest fault with this game, I have very specific builds I like, and its usually 1 per class, and usually not the best build (like sentries for DH, I hate the other builds). It is what it is, I wont change, so Ill probably never reach those 60 grifts (well unless the build I love happens to be the best build, like Uliana I guess?)

edit: also EU servers are fucked

Baleoce

Hadn't played in a while, this past week I revisited my wizard and started messing around with it, making a multi element tal rasha build with mirror ball and utars roar. The meteor procs suddenly shot my dps up a ton. I'm enjoying the new features they've added too, like the new cube, and whatnot. Makes working towards targets a bit more intuitive. Do i just sell my rift keystones now?

Also, I really should have looked at the server warning when i logged on.

iGkGqTa.png

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Am i doing this right by putting diamonds instead of emeralds in my armor sockets for my DH? My elemental resistances are around 1000(except 2-3 of them around 1150) with 5 diamonds. I always felt like 1000 elemental resistances was just right, but maybe I was doing this all wrong.

Addnan

Am i doing this right by putting diamonds instead of emeralds in my armor sockets for my DH? My elemental resistances are around 1000(except 2-3 of them around 1150) with 5 diamonds. I always felt like 1000 elemental resistances was just right, but maybe I was doing this all wrong.

Green means more damage, damage is almost always good for DH. Go all green. DH is mainly about evading damage, rather than tanking them. With new changes to cc vit and resist is definitely more viable, but I would stick to emeralds just to be able to kill things quicker. Would stack more vit on gear than was done in the past though.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance

I don't know about DHs specifically, but at 1,000 all res at lvl 70 you're gonna get one-shot by pretty much everything in higher torment levels.

Then again, DHs right now are not meant to be tanks, so what the hell do I know.

Addnan

I don't know about DHs specifically, but at 1,000 all res at lvl 70 you're gonna get one-shot by pretty much everything in higher torment levels.

Then again, DHs right now are not meant to be tanks, so what the hell do I know.

Yeah.. That's not true of all classes. The way they reduce damage varies, e.g this is my barb that I can tank damage easy af in GR70. My issue is not being able to deal enough damage, survivability is more or less a none issue. A monk however with harmony will have closer to 2k all res.

resisty2sof.png

Melee classes have 30% innate DR is probably why.
This hack from Blizzard is stupid that melee gets 30% dmg reduction. Such a huge advantage, ranged are supposed to take less dmg because they're not in the middle of a pack but uhh they have mobs that will leap and instagib range.

Dahbomb

Yeah.. That's not true of all classes. The way they reduce damage varies, e.g this is my barb that I can tank damage easy af in GR70. My issue is not being able to deal enough damage, survivability is more or less a none issue. A monk however with harmony will have closer to 2k all res.

resisty2sof.png
Just like paper DPS, paper defense doesn't give the full picture.

What this doesn't show are the buffs from passives like Rampage or the buff from double Unity or buff when you have WotB + Ignore Pain + War Cry on.

Monk is the same. Harmony and high all res isn't what keeps U6 Monk alive... it's Mantra of Salvation + Agility (dodge), Epiphany (50% DR), Dashing Strike dodge bonus, SSS belt defensive bonus and Spirit Guards (another high DR source). Even with all of that you get 1-2 shotted if your Epiphany isn't up.

Fact is that on top of the lack of 30% innate DR, DHs lack the defensive options of a Monk. Maybe that new Shadow's Mantle can solve that issue.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
You're all right obviously, but as far as I know, DHs have little in the way non-sheet damage mitigation, don't they? Like, even less so than wizards it seems.

As Addnan said, aren't DHs just supposed to avoid getting hit?

Dahbomb

You're all right obviously, but as far as I know, DHs have little in the way non-sheet damage mitigation, don't they? Like, even less so than wizards it seems.

As Addnan said, aren't DHs just supposed to avoid getting hit?
Let's see their potential options for DH defense.

Exclusive skills (not including stuff like Unity and Legendary gems):

Evasive Fire - Hardened (used as additional source of defense)
Vault (disjoint skill)
Smoke Screen (disjoint skill, temporary invulnerability)
Awareness (cheat death passive)
Fan of Knives - Bladed armor (more armor option, might see play in that Shadow's Mantle set in 2.4)
Shadow Power (life on hit passive + 35% damage mitigation. Doesn't see play because people want other talents plus the 35% doesn't compare to something like Epiphany Desert Shroud's 50% mitigation)
Boar Companion (gives you more resistances but no one uses this over the Wolf companion for the really high DPS)
Elemental Arrow - Nether Tentacles (just another form of life steal mechanic. Doesn't actually provide damage mitigation)
Sentry - Guardian Turret (AOE damage mitigation of 15%. Conditional damage mitigation and people would much rather use any other Sentry option for a M6 build)
Vengeance - Seeth (another life steal/life on hit mechanic... Vengeance in general gives no damage mitigation option)

Passives:
Perfectionist (used to be much better than it is now. Still sees play. 10%+ all res and armor)
Leech (more life on hit)

So really only the new Bracers and Shadow Power provide any usable raw damage mitigation. They have some ways to gain more life on hit and some more armor/resistances but they don't have enough mechanics to prevent one shots. What they probably need is some passive/skill to give them some dodge bonuses back and some additional damage mitigation sources.

There aren't even that many Legendary items that mitigate damage for Demon Hunters. Now compare the defensive options compared to Monk:

Inner Sanctuary all runes (straight up 50% DR. Used in support build and the generator build)
All Mantra Salvation runes (straight up additional resistance gain plus additional bonuses)
All Mantra of Healing runes (straight up healing passive with a defensive shield option plus some very powerful runes in it)
Epiphany - Desert Shroud (straight up 50% damage reduction)
Dashing Strike - Blinding Speed (insane dodge bonus)
Blinding Flash (increases the enemies chance to miss which is like gaining a multiplier dodge bonus)
Tempest Rush - Bluster (decreases incoming damage of enemies)
Breath of Heaven (a straight up burst heal for you and your allies)
Crippling Wave - Concussion (decreases incoming damage of enemies)
Cyclone Strike - Healing Wave (another healing option but this one sucks because there are other better rune options)
Serenity All runes (temporary invulnerability)
Seven Sided Strike - (offensive skill that gives your temporary invulnerability)
Mystic Ally - Enduring Ally and Earth Ally (more defensive options in terms of healing and increased maximum HP)
Mantra of Conviction - Submission (decrease incoming damage of enemies)

Passives:
Guardian's Path (dodge bonus)
Resolve (reduces incoming damage of enemies)
6th Sense (all non physical DR 25%)
Harmony (basically a huge toughness increase because of flexibility in items and additional AR source)
Near Death experience (cheat death passive)
Beacon of Ytar (IMO this is both an offensive and defensive skill. A lot of defensive skills are CDR based so having Beacon of Ytar actually greatly increases your defensive potential)

As you can see... Monk has a more diverse range of defensive options of DH which range from healing, dodging, damage reduction, reduction of incoming damage and straight up damage reduction.

One thing I would like to add is that Demon Hunters actually have a couple of defensive Legendary items... the problem is that they are a bit unreliable AND they are in the Chest armor slot (ie. Cloaks).

Cloak of Deception and Beckon Sail.

Ploid 3.0

I was doing a usual rift and started noticing I was being stunned frequently. I ended up losing that rift because I couldn't find the exit or kill of the monsters fast enough before the other stuff chipped me down. Armaddons, what the heck, it felt like they stunned me with each attack, and there would be at least 3 each pack. I rage quit the game when I had only did one run prior and was expecting to try to farm bloods for an attempt at madstone. Being in melee range seem to suck (first time playing monk).

Syntek

This hack from Blizzard is stupid that melee gets 30% dmg reduction. Such a huge advantage, ranged are supposed to take less dmg because they're not in the middle of a pack but uhh they have mobs that will leap and instagib range.

The irony is, with skills that clip through mobs, Barbs can dive into a pool of densely packed mob and actually take fewer hits than staying ranged as you clip in and out of hit-boxes. There have been times when I'm WW'ing into a dense herd of melee mobs while mashing the Potion button so I can snapshot, and I can't even do that because I'm not even getting hit.

At the same time, I looked at Crusaders with their innate 30% they added, their massive shields, their big bulky looking armor, and they're squishy as shit it seems. Even with Unity in GR60s you see them spiking quite a decent bit. Not 70+ like monks/barbs do, just 60s.

Similarily, WDs are way tankier than the other ranged in general, especially if you have good gold pickup range on your gear so you don't use thing of the deep but instead henri's requisition(cat mojo). Cat mojo is stupid good against the worst mobs, chargers. It reduces damage on the first hit you take from any given mob by 80% and charm them for 2secs. Only works on one hit, but most chargers will tickle you, get charmed, then get destroyed by their friends/your aoes and never hit you a second time. Then Swampland Attunement if you have enough pickup range actually provides stupid amount of defenses(it gives 120 phys/poison/fire/cold resists per mob close to you, doesn't give lightning or arcane though so arcane elites are still super dangerous but the rest does low dmg as long as there's high density). On top of that the class tends to run double defensive legendary gems from what I've seen, because they don't actually need Stricken to kill bosses(though that might change at higher GRs I haven't checked in a while). WD really doesn't feel squishy at all with the proper setups, and their cheat death is also insanely good since it both provides a strong cheat death effect(you're invincible and can move through mobs/wallers) and a cooldown reduction on your movement/invulnerability skill.

I think overall, it's just an issue with balance rather than the innate melee bonus and such. Monks and Barbs don't even look that tanky in GR70, I think most of the "tankiness" comes from Monks doing SSS and being invulnerable like 30-40% of the time then Dashing out of the way to avoid getting hit at all, while Barbs constantly furious charge/whirlwind around, which basically moves them out of range of attacks constantly and CC mobs(and even with the CC changes, trash mobs mostly get chain stunned by furious charge as far as I've seen).

eek5

HT WD is tanky mainly because of the 50% DR they get from 4pc. Running double def gems and swampland attunement helps as well, obviously. If you compare it to Carni WD though... that's probably the squishiest build in the game.

Sober

HT WD is tanky mainly because of the 50% DR they get from 4pc. Running double def gems and swampland attunement helps as well, obviously. If you compare it to Carni WD though... that's probably the squishiest build in the game.
I get the impression with some of the set changes they made this patch (new sets or existing changes) they might plan on making active DR something you get from the set bonuses and that might even be part of the refresh on outdated sets. Or at least it's an option alongside defensive gems and skills.

Anyone who's familiar with GW2 might be able to shed some light on how the game works since there's no trinity? I get the feeling Blizz has like half a foot in that still because of WoW but couldn't divorce it entirely from D3. Cause in D3 everyone has to sorta be responsible for defense, healing and damage without any help (assuming solo play is what you should balance for 99% of the time).

Zuni gets 46% damage reduction from fetishes though? Or do the fetish from sycophants or belt not count for the set bonus? Not sure how it works tbh, if it doesn't count it's only 16% so that's not great I guess. Most sets get damage reduction anyway, at least the modern ones.

Tal Rasha gets very large elemental buffs(that said they get nothing for physical so that's kinda bad), Vyr get stupid armor from archon stacks, Unhallowed gets 20%(but also 30% from bracers), Natalya gets 30%(and still 30% from bracers), Delsere gets nothing though other than the dmg reduction rune on the bubble I guess. Arachyr gets 40% and Helltooth gets 50%, so Helltooth is still the strongest overall but it's not like it's a massive exception, Natalya is 51% with the bracers for example and it has a lot of mobility so you don't facetank most stuff. Difference is the lack of swampland/double defensive gem which massively skew it towards WD in tankiness, and the lack of 15fetishes each tanking some mobs too. Give Marauder like 25-30% dmg reduction when you have turrets up or something and you'd have something actually fairly close to Helltooth, with the spider/wolf/boar tanking/blocking stuff, boar providing a lot of defensive stats, bracers evening out the direct DR% and potentially using sentry rune for even more.

Dahbomb

Yeah it's definitely not the melee DR and more the class options through skills and items.

Next patch they can introduce some insane DR on the DH set and suddenly DH could be tankier than a Monk (well not the support version but the solo GR pushing version).

Also M6 is generally pretty tanky because the pets sort of aggro the mobs a bit and take some pressure off you. If they buff that set with say stuff like "you gain 10% damage reduction for each Sentry you have out" then that would be a defensive boost to DHs.

So new M6 would look like this to me:

(2) Set:
Companion calls all companions to your side. Companions deal 300% additional damage.
(4) Set:
Sentries cast Elemental Arrow, Chakram, Impale, Multishot, and Cluster Arrow when you do. You gain 10% damage reduction for every active Sentry.
(6) Set:
Your generators, Elemental Arrow, Chakram, Impale, Multishot, and Cluster Arrow deal 150% increased damage for every active Sentry.
Pretty easy way to buff that set right there.

Arksy

HALP!

I just got the xpac (first time playing d3 since launch) and my friend got me to go hardcore and levelled me through to 70 and made a semi-sort of build for me before leaving for the weekend, I've been doing torment 1 rifts and bounties and somehow not die, but I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to progress.

You may as well assume I know near nothing about the game...but I'm not really sure how to get more powerful gear and the like, I've just been throwing all the greens/legendaries I've been getting into my chest.

Dahbomb

HALP!

I just got the xpac (first time playing d3 since launch) and my friend got me to go hardcore and levelled me through to 70 and made a semi-sort of build for me before leaving for the weekend, I've been doing torment 1 rifts and bounties and somehow not die, but I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to progress.

You may as well assume I know near nothing about the game...but I'm not really sure how to get more powerful gear and the like, I've just been throwing all the greens/legendaries I've been getting into my chest.
What class? Your first priority should be to complete a 6 pc set. You can gamble for armor pieces for your class using blood shards acquired for Greater Rift (look for the Kadala NPC). Look up some builds to see which items you would need. Completing a 6 piece set greatly increases your power level. Concentrate on stacking some all resistance stats on gear, both crits, put Diamonds in your armor pieces (if playing Dexterity or Strength class, Intelligence classes you can put in Topaz), have the cheat death passive equipped all the time (Near Death Experience, Awareness, Unstable Anomaly etc), put an Amethyst in your Helm, put an Emerald in your weapon.

Do some Greater Rifts to acquire the Legendary gems until you have all of them. Don't go too high on the GRs of course (stay below 20 for now). You want to then level the 3 best gems to lvl25 to get their bonuses. This is another huge source of damage/toughness for your character but you need sockets on all your jewelry slots (rings and amulet).

If you get Puzzle Rings then Transmute them in the cube to open the Vault to get a huge gold bonus. Same for the Bardiche weapon that opens to the Cow level which has tons of chests in it (which means good chance to find some legendaries). Not many people know this even now.

If you start getting multiples of sets and haven't completed them yet.. use the Kanai Cube recipe (you should have acquired this item already) to transmute that set item into another to complete the 6 piece set. Then start putting some strong legendary effects into the Cube to further boost your character (the cube is like having 3 additional items on your character). You can also use the Cube to transmute a Rare item into a Legendary of the same type which is an easy way to acquire specific items in the game so if you are hunting for a specific type of item then use that recipe. Also look at other recipes in the cube as they are useful for early game progression and even has some late game application.

Just keep playing a lot and you will gradually improve over time. Focus on Rift and Greater Rift play the most as they have the most rewards. Play Bounties if you need those materials and always try to play Bounties in a group if you can (well you should always play D3 in a group but for Bounties its even more important because of split farm).

10% per turrets would be too strong because of the legendary quiver that lets you get 5 or 6 sentries whichever it was. 5% would probably be more balanced, or they could go with a non scaling DR% so you don't have to have the quiver and can use something else possibly. Though it'd be fine I guess.

But yeah passives and skills are also another issues, monks get mantras which are stupid strong, desert shroud epiphany which is really strong once you have high cdr and harmony, barbs get warcry and superstition both of which are great as well as call of the ancients split dmg and wrath dodge chance, DH gets a bunch of unusable stuff like Shadow Power(disc cost too high, competes with movement skills for ressources, actually competes with your damage on UE set), Boar(directly competes with your strongest damage boost) and Perfectionist which is weak as hell. And that's not counting the 30% base. Staying away from stuff with how many mob types are ranged(including unavoidable stuff like ghosts) or chargers isn't really a good defense.

They should re-add some dodge related passive for DH I think and it'd be nice if there was like a strong defensive skill you can use that's not boar. Say Chakram Shuriken Cloud, provides x% dodge while it's active or whatever.

ZenaxPure

Anyone who's familiar with GW2 might be able to shed some light on how the game works since there's no trinity? I get the feeling Blizz has like half a foot in that still because of WoW but couldn't divorce it entirely from D3. Cause in D3 everyone has to sorta be responsible for defense, healing and damage without any help (assuming solo play is what you should balance for 99% of the time).

So this actually requires a complex answer that would be like 20 paragraphs but I will try to keep it short. Even though GW2 has no trinity it is still primarily a group based game and there are roles that need to be filled (if you are trying to play in the endgame meta anyway). Those roles are not Tank/Healer/DPS but they are still roles and you don't want multiple people doing the same thing. When you are forming a group you want to take this into consideration so you aren't just slapping 5 random people together, you want a balanced group. TBH it's really not much different than any other MMO at a base level.

Armaros

It not only puts them ahead in solo but this also makes U6 Monk a premiere inclusion in group play.

Sunwuko is the top DPS monk for Group Play. You dont need the SSS effects when you can just power up EP even more and have another DPS class trigger the explosions.

You line up Shenlong, CoE, Power Pylons, and Sunwuko, and then just snapshot it across the entire map.

Dahbomb

Sunwuko is the top DPS monk for Group Play. You dont need the SSS effects when you can just power up EP even more and have another DPS class trigger the explosions.

You line up Shenlong, CoE, Power Pylons, and Sunwuko, and then just snapshot it across the entire map.
You can't snapshot CoE.

Didn't know that SWK Monks are using Shenlongs now. I thought they were running around with Furnace in hand or Wrath of the Bone King with cubed Fist of God.

Quin69 was saying that SWK build is excellent for high 60s to mid 70s GR EXP runs but not the best for high GR pushing. So it's like in the middle of insane speed farms and top level GR pushing.

Armaros

You can't snapshot CoE.

Didn't know that SWK Monks are using Shenlongs now. I thought they were running around with Furnace in hand.

SWK monks are using either shenlongs or a perfect ancient twohander for pure damage.

They cube the Fists of Az for more EP damage. They dont kill Elites, thats what Carnevils and Barbs are for. So Furnace is counter productive.

But on non-season just about all monks are support, and Carnevils replace monks as DPS (and barbs are the rest)

Reason why U6 is on the solo boards is that SWK has garbage single target damage. In groups that weakeness doens't matter.

Dahbomb

I know SWK Monks use either Furnace or Wrath of the Bone King depending on what they have a better version of. Furnace is still usable because EP does scale with Elite damage and you can blow up trash mobs with an explosion and it does more damage on the Elite. Still relevant for low 70s push.

I have a hard time imagining Shenlongs being super efficient with this build. I need to see the exact build to see what they are doing for the spirit regen.

Anyway very interesting stuff all of this. It's cool to see different skills, gems and items being used for a single class. All thanks to the Kanai's Cube. Can't wait for the buffs to SWK and Inna set in 2.4!

Dreavus

Bleh, error code 3007 for the 3rd time this evening. I probably shouldnt bother anything other than speed runs right now :|

Arksy

What class? Your first priority should be to complete a 6 pc set. You can gamble for armor pieces for your class using blood shards acquired for Greater Rift (look for the Kadala NPC). Look up some builds to see which items you would need. Completing a 6 piece set greatly increases your power level. Concentrate on stacking some all resistance stats on gear, both crits, put Diamonds in your armor pieces (if playing Dexterity or Strength class, Intelligence classes you can put in Topaz), have the cheat death passive equipped all the time (Near Death Experience, Awareness, Unstable Anomaly etc), put an Amethyst in your Helm, put an Emerald in your weapon.

Do some Greater Rifts to acquire the Legendary gems until you have all of them. Don't go too high on the GRs of course (stay below 20 for now). You want to then level the 3 best gems to lvl25 to get their bonuses. This is another huge source of damage/toughness for your character but you need sockets on all your jewelry slots (rings and amulet).

If you get Puzzle Rings then Transmute them in the cube to open the Vault to get a huge gold bonus. Same for the Bardiche weapon that opens to the Cow level which has tons of chests in it (which means good chance to find some legendaries). Not many people know this even now.

If you start getting multiples of sets and haven't completed them yet.. use the Kanai Cube recipe (you should have acquired this item already) to transmute that set item into another to complete the 6 piece set. Then start putting some strong legendary effects into the Cube to further boost your character (the cube is like having 3 additional items on your character). You can also use the Cube to transmute a Rare item into a Legendary of the same type which is an easy way to acquire specific items in the game so if you are hunting for a specific type of item then use that recipe. Also look at other recipes in the cube as they are useful for early game progression and even has some late game application.

Just keep playing a lot and you will gradually improve over time. Focus on Rift and Greater Rift play the most as they have the most rewards. Play Bounties if you need those materials and always try to play Bounties in a group if you can (well you should always play D3 in a group but for Bounties its even more important because of split farm).

Than you so much, I'm currently a Hammer barbarian, but I just got 3 pieces of the 6 set that gives permanent call of the ancients on your advice. I also just got two of the whirlwind set. After much rerolling stats and gambling..I'm now comfortably doing Torment 3.

Dahbomb

Than you so much, I'm currently a Hammer barbarian, but I just got 3 pieces of the 6 set that gives permanent call of the ancients on your advice. I also just got two of the whirlwind set. After much rerolling stats and gambling..I'm now comfortably doing Torment 3.
Yeah if you want to continue playing Hammer Barbarian then you basically want to complete the Immortal King's 6 piece, get the Hammer of the Ancients Bracer and then get the Gavel of Judgment weapon (another buff to Hammer of the Ancients). You also want to get the Focus and Restraint rings (even if they are bad ones they will be a significant DPS increase over whatever you currently have on your rings). You also want the Fury of the Ancients Shoulder Legendary as well.

HALP!

Also keep in mind that in HC you need to significantly out power the content to be safe, also keep any good gear you find in your stash as a back up in case you need to restart.

Now that I have a good PC I want to multibox my 2 accounts since Blizzard said it is allowed. Is there any good FREE multiboxing software, if not one with a flat fee. All I can find is ISBOXER but they charge a monthly fee which I find hilarious.

Top Bottom