• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
man, its annoying how i can't up the damage on my barb. i'm still at like 600k damage. i can do torment 7 solo at least now, but its awful when i try to solo bounties in full public games

Syntek

No Blizzcon transmogs for weapons? doh. I kind of regret not jumping on the previous Blizzcon transmogs...those were actually really nice looking.

Baliis

Can you finish mine sometime too? PM me when you're doing Daravon if I'm on, or Celegus#1599 through the client if I'm around. We got to level 40 or 50 before you had to take off.

Virtual ticket stuff doesn't look that great to me. I had considered doing it more just to actually watch the thing, but I just realized I'll be out of town that week. Watched a ton of the Heroes tournament this weekend, so kind of a bummer I'll miss the grand finals at Blizzcon.

I might take you up on that at some point, I still need to get a HC character to 70 for the last Season Journey. The wife has been stealing the PS4 when she gets home so I've been getting on Diablo usually.

I'm on now whenever you guys get on

davepoobond

Putting an emerald in your weapon is a good start, and actually finishing a set will be the biggest boosts you can get. Getting the 6 piece IK set will skyrocket your slam damage.

was waiting for a gift before getting that. i probably should just bite the bullet and get rid of the vit, i think i finally made up for it elsewhere and didn't re-evaluate that decision.

as far as the IK goes, i dont have 6p yet. i'm unsure what to choose between the shoulders and hands for my existing legendaries

Baliis

was waiting for a gift before getting that. i probably should just bite the bullet and get rid of the vit, i think i finally made up for it elsewhere and didn't re-evaluate that decision.

You can always roll it back if you do get a gift, though I'd wait until you at least get an ancient to use a gift anyways

rukland

as far as the IK goes, i dont have 6p yet. i'm unsure what to choose between the shoulders and hands for my existing legendaries

Depends on what build you are wanting to end up playing. If you are going HotA then shoulders are the ancients fury and gloves are IK.

Really it's already been said but gemming your weapon and finishing the IK set will be huge.

Just for reference here is mine, and I still consider myself in the gearing process.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/rukland-1332/Rid/66894486

davepoobond

You can always roll it back if you do get a gift, though I'd wait until you at least get an ancient to use a gift anyways

we'll see, haven't been lucky with ancient weapons as a whole. i have a few gifts in my non-season, so i was gonna be more liberal with using one.

thanks for the advice on it

Depends on what build you are wanting to end up playing. If you are going HotA then shoulders are the ancients fury and gloves are IK.

Really it's already been said but gemming your weapon and finishing the IK set will be huge.

well, the spec i want to play is different than what gear has been dropping for me. i think i want to do whirlwind, but everything that drops is IK/seismic slam based. its been okay but its kinda boring, have to stand still and slam over and over.

it might be better if i get more attack speed and the set completion. its very stationary and not exciting :p

Just for reference here is mine, and I still consider myself in the gearing process.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/rukland-1332/Rid/66894486

ah ok, gear makes sense. i'll abandon the tasker and theo gloves once i have enough pieces

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Crusader is the surprise of the season for me. Hammerdin's spastic spamming and running around reminds me of WW Barb (which I also like) but more involved. Too bad the bracers refuse to drop so my 1v1 loses all momentum with no wrath. I also still have no furnace to cube so right now I cubed the 100% AS on hammer Flail and am using a ancient mace that makes the hammers bigger, since the weapon itself was much better (the cubed 100% AS Flail was quite poor).

rukland

we'll see, haven't been lucky with ancient weapons as a whole. i have a few gifts in my non-season, so i was gonna be more liberal with using one.

thanks for the advice on it

well, the spec i want to play is different than what gear has been dropping for me. i think i want to do whirlwind, but everything that drops is IK/seismic slam based. its been okay but its kinda boring, have to stand still and slam over and over.

it might be better if i get more attack speed and the set completion. its very stationary and not exciting :p

WW is a whole different beast in terms of gear. I have all of it but it's so poor that I can't do much with it. I feel like I got lucky with the HotA stuff I got it all dropped right away. If you want just add me Rukland#1332 and if I am on feel free to jump in. I tend to get so much loot that I no longer need but that would help out another barb.

Kiru

No Blizzcon transmogs for weapons? doh. I kind of regret not jumping on the previous Blizzcon transmogs...those were actually really nice looking.

Doing bounties (even public ones) just to get mats for extracting legendary affixes is so damn boring. Also Deathbreaths should get auto picked -.-

Yea, I need one more conquest as well so I thought I'd kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Sounds good.

I'd definitely recommend going for 3minutes and doing another conquest, 2minutes is really annoying. Doable for sure, but I think you'll want 4people so you can spread out on a large map, and you'll need to do a bunch of fishing. If you do 3minutes, it's soloable to a certain extent depending on your class, and at the very least it's relatively easy to do with 2-4people even without fishing for the absolute perfect rift.

Conquests I did that were easy were 40GR solo without class set(did it on first try, really easy one if you have F+R and an ancient weapon tbh), kill all bosses within 30minutes(did it solo on first try with like 8mins to spare, but Majuma WD so that made it super easy, still would be easy if you did it with someone else to find 2bosses at a time and stuff) and clear GR60 because well, you have to clear GR60 anyway for the season journey, just the journey one is solo while the conquest is group. 6gems to 50 is also really easy, albeit fairly time consuming compared to the others unless you play multiple chars and already are leveling a bunch of gems anyway.

eek5

2 mins is hard mainly because you have to get 1-3 other people all on the same page of not picking up loot for x amount of rifts. Also the more people you add the stronger each person has to be. They need to be fast enough to clear everything solo (2-3 second per champion max) or really fast at clearing trash. Then on top of that you're talking about fishing for the right rifts which will take some time.

Dahbomb

Eek is right, you have to fish a lot for that 2 minute Rift. And by fish I mean you need a giant map that is packed with Elites and has a Conduit shrine with some Elites near it.

On top of that the group has to be geared for speed farm/burst damage and no one can pick up even Death's Breath.

Even if you try for 2 minutes on T9 it's difficult mostly because a lot of maps aren't dense enough, their layouts too complicated or the pylons are at the end of the GRs vs being at front. So this is a conquest that is more luck dependent than skill/gear dependent. It's why so few people (relatively) have this conquest unlocked.

joesmokey

It would be one thing if the conquest was fun to try and go for, but it's not.

It's only worth completing if you care about achievements, which greatly reduces the number of people even attempting the speedrun.

Requiring someone in your group to TP back to town as the RG is spawned is pretty lame.

Dahbomb

It's only worth completing if you care about achievements, which greatly reduces the number of people even attempting the speedrun.

Requiring someone in your group to TP back to town as the RG is spawned is pretty lame.
This as well. You get the achievement unlocked when you close the Rift... NOT when you kill the RG which is really lame.

You also don't get a timer which is really annoying, I had to download some speedrunning timer program thing to see how far I was from doing the 3mins and stuff. When you close the rift, it should bring up a window similar to GR window with how long it took to clear it. And it should stop counting when you kill the boss, as a couple of times I got interupted by random trash as I was teleporting back(not on runs it would have mattered though, so no big deal).

davepoobond

WW is a whole different beast in terms of gear. I have all of it but it's so poor that I can't do much with it. I feel like I got lucky with the HotA stuff I got it all dropped right away. If you want just add me Rukland#1332 and if I am on feel free to jump in. I tend to get so much loot that I no longer need but that would help out another barb.

For sure, I'll add you. Thanks!

eek5

This as well. You get the achievement unlocked when you close the Rift... NOT when you kill the RG which is really lame.

Yeah that part is dumb. They really should have added logic to time it the same way GRs are or should have made it a 2 min GR45 or something. There is no way in-game to tell how fast your regular rift is so you're kind of shooting in the dark unless you use external tools to time your rifts and then on top of that you have to fight the TP time (which is why it's almost impossible to solo this). At least in a GR there is no concept of loot, no stupid DB drop delay, and the timer stops when the RG dies.

Yeah. Look at all the loot I'm not picking up and the invisible timer I'm racing against! It'd actually be fun if it was GRs since you're really just speed running those anyway.

What should I re-roll on this? I was thinking Zombie Charger damage to 80%. I have a gift I can use to add a socket.

wbBeiSv.jpg

Celegus

Pretty sure you can't reroll skill damage on weapons like that, just like elemental damage on something like a Maximus.

rukland

Pretty sure you can't reroll skill damage on weapons like that, just like elemental damage on something like a Maximus.

You sure? If I was by my computer I would log in and check. But I swear I have rerolled things like that before.

Yeah, I didn't think it would either and was surprised to see it there.

I'd test it on another item, tbh I haven't bothered rerolling any of these so not sure if the display is accurate or not. I'd assume it is, but not worth bricking an ancient scrimshaw when you can test on a lot of random garbage legendaries.

I'd also consider the damage range, not sure what's the topend and too lazy to log in, but you're basically rolling 11% to bears only versus potentially 3-4% damage to everything, including firewall.

eek5

It's probably really close between damage range and zombie bears. I think the top end is around 4-5% more damage with damage range.

Sarcasm

I need to get back to this. I have T7 in under 6m left and the other two. I just got frustrated not getting my last set piece to drop (WD).

Repo Man

This still remains as my go-to game after all this time and 1000hrs sunk into it in total, best bang for the buck I've ever got out of a video game. The fact that I can quickly jump in before work and run some rifts for potentially phat lewt makes it a winner for me and I love that WW barbs work again even though they're quite far from the glory of the Alkaizer run days.

One question though, I noticed in the recent patch they added a QoL improvement which lets you know what way to go in a map after a minute when doing bounties but anyone else noticed this not working in act 5 ? As much as I enjoyed act 5 when I first played through it, for bounties it still seems to suck as I feel it takes a fair bit of time and this new change not appearing to work just adds insult to injury imo.

Dreavus

This still remains as my go-to game after all this time and 1000hrs sunk into it in total, best bang for the buck I've ever got out of a video game. The fact that I can quickly jump in before work and run some rifts for potentially phat lewt makes it a winner for me and I love that WW barbs work again even though they're quite far from the glory of the Alkaizer run days.

One question though, I noticed in the recent patch they added a QoL improvement which lets you know what way to go in a map after a minute when doing bounties but anyone else noticed this not working in act 5 ? As much as I enjoyed act 5 when I first played through it, for bounties it still seems to suck as I feel it takes a fair bit of time and this new change not appearing to work just adds insult to injury imo.

I think it's a proximity thing at first, then after some time it shows you where to go no matter what anywhere. The problem with Act V is the city maps are so huge that it's hard to get "near" enough to the spot to get an arrow.

Repo Man

I think it's a proximity thing at first, then after some time it shows you where to go no matter what anywhere. The problem with Act V is the city maps are so huge that it's hard to get "near" enough to the spot to get an arrow.

Yeah think you might be right as the problem only really seemed to happen at the cemetary, westmarch heights and westmarch commons, all of which are pretty big but I've done big maps in other acts and they've been alright.

Talaysen

I don't think that shows up in bounties that have multiple locational objectives (such as killing things around and interacting with five things). Act 5 seems to have a lot of those (or they just come up more often or I'm unlucky or whatever).

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
finished basic outfitting for my delrasha wizard. i really don't to use aether walker because i have an ancient in-geom, but i guess if it's just impossible without the teleport i'll have to swap. a little over 1 million damage when i have everything proc'd.
song_siren.gif
song_siren.gif
song_siren.gif

Xanathus

I heard that there's a UI mod that lets you see whether or not you have cubed a legendary power simply by looking at the item, but googling is failing me. Does anyone know anything about that?

davepoobond

Sorry I had to go so quick, but the offer will always stand. And thanks for the random Helltooth pants the game decided your barb needed.

no prob. i get better gear for classes i'm not playing than the one i am, apparently.

Donos

Had hit a loot barrier with my DH (had only a few legendaries and 1 set item), then changed some skills around (did some research) and finally abandoned Rapidfire. Then got two fitting items and my DH usability jumped up like 1000 %.

From having the game on Hard to doing T3 bounties and GR 18 without problems. Now i get so many legendary and set drops plus the legendary gems, that i constantly salvage them. Also a lot of gifts for ppl on my friendlist with D3.

Tons of fun. Still no ancient drop though. Strangely, still no Nemesis encounter (guy was constantly haunting me on PS3)

So I did a solo 60 as my pretty fresh barb.

I never really put a lot of time into a barb, but he's quickly becoming my second favorite class next to DH. The WW build is just too fun.

So I did a solo 60 as my pretty fresh barb.

I never really put a lot of time into a barb, but he's quickly becoming my second favorite class next to DH. The WW build is just too fun.

Mind linking your build? Been an vyr wizard this season mostly but tried building a WW barb but feel like there is something basic I am missing with barbs since either I am fury starved or frail as hell.

Firemind

The only limiting factor of WW is damage. DHs, WDs and Monks deal so much more damage than me. You really need to stack Attack Speed to make the tornadoes do the heavy lifting. Pain Enhancer helps a lot. There's also Threatening Shout - Demoralize to group monsters together so that your tornadoes won't spin in random directions dealing no damage.

Xanathus

The only limiting factor of WW is damage. DHs, WDs and Monks deal so much more damage than me. You really need to stack Attack Speed to make the tornadoes do the heavy lifting. Pain Enhancer helps a lot. There's also Threatening Shout - Demoralize to group monsters together so that your tornadoes won't spin in random directions dealing no damage.

I'm having a similar problem trying to hit the high GRs with WW barb. I'm about to switch to HoTA build though since I've got ancient IK pieces instead of my crappy normal Wastes.

Top Bottom