• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did Double Dragon have the most random redesigns of any game heroes? The answer: YES!

OnPoint

DoubleDragon2.jpg

AC Slater?

YES Double Dragon Neon has a terrible art style.

BUT

Everyone that played it at PAX and E3 said the game is a blast to actually play. It has more depth than any other DD and a good amount of replayability from what guys at WayForward have said.

Ultimately, it's how it PLAYS is what matters.

I'm claiming the OT for Double Dragon Neon! Because yes, WayForward completely failed at the art style they were going for, but this is literally DD's only chance to see SOME shred of limelight, and if any of you like Bimmy and Jimmy, you should support it.

Sojgat

Probably what you get when your style guide is little more than "blonde guy wears blue, guy with brown hair wears red, Karate, whip, baseball bat" and you only give it to half the artists.

Double Dragon 2 rules, if Neon is even half that good they have my money.
e3-2012-double-dragon-neon-screenshots.jpg

Sees heaps of praise for the iOS/Android version.

Walks away very happy.

DD2 (NES/PCE), Battletoads/Double Dragon (SNES/SEGA), Return of Double Dragon (SFC), Double Dragon (NeoGeo), Rage of the Dragons (NeoGeo), Advance (GBA) are all must plays for the series. Play anything I didn't drop a name on at your own discretion.

Secretly wishes he could play Wanderer of the Dragon. Can't be bad as I've seen it. Can't be. Right?

b0b

Neo Member
Am I the only one that liked and beat Double Dragon 3 NES?

you're not. I loved that game back in the days! never played dd1 and dd2 as a kid on my nes through. It tooks me some months to beat DD3 (... together with a friend in multiplayer) first - but it was one of the magic moments on my NES (same with Contra and that one Jackie Chan action-plaftormer). This game was so damn hard! I loved everything in it - the cover, graphics, music and the gameplay. I still can beat it in single-player (it's hard, not unfair).

Later I read that it's considered as the weakest Double Dragon game, I played the first two DD titles and... I still prefer the third. I guess I'm the only one...

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I can't even decide, those are all freaking sweet!

Really loved DD3 NES too as a kid.

LOVE LOVE LOVE THE OP!!!!

(^_______^)

And yes, NA/JPN DDII boxart deserved to be framed

I get pumped up just staring at the art. Even vividly remember being a kid and thinking it was radical =P

Top Bottom