• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did Easy Allies just leak the release date for Red Dead Redemption 2?

Brandon Jones is the best person in games media. Level-headed and always has an interesting perspective.

But color me suspicious. I'm putting my tinfoil hat on and jumping onto Team #HeKnows. There's just something about how specifically he worded it.

Mikey Jr.

No.

Couple things.

Rockstar isn't at E3 most of the time.

Secondly, they wouldn't give the release date at Judges week.

Alexious

Yes, openworld third person action RPG with a western setting clashes too much with online-only SciFi FPS.

RDR2 will also have a huge online component, we know that already. Besides, it's not good for either developer to release near another heavyweight.

Rockstar can easily choose another date.

ISee

https://twitter.com/TrailerJones/status/865968866777681920

He said it's just a wild guess, nothing E3 judges related. And Rockstar wouldn't launch RDR2 a week after Destiny 2.

Brandon:” Still lots of questions. Still don’t know when the PC version is coming out. Still don’t know how much time I’m really gone have to (slight pause) I mean this comes out the week before Read Dead (gets interrupted by Mikel Huber)

Huber: “September 8th.”

Brandon:”you know, it’s like yikes, so yeah that is building up toward the holidays like how much am I going to be able to commit to this [Desitny 2]…”

Doesn't sound like a wild guess, but whatever. RDR2 in September would be sweet.

Ahasverus

Regardless, it wouldn't be prudent to release your game that close to Destiny, no matter who you are. It's not a risk you HAVE to take.
Destiny? I don't think their audiences mix that much. Destiny is a competitive space shooter, RDR is a narrative driven Western epic.

Philippo

From one side i hope its true.

But from the other side i hope ot isn't, otherwise i wouldn't want Jones to get punished (?) for having leaked the date just now that they [EZA] are starting to become relevant again lol

opricnik

Banned
But Rockstar doesn't go to E3?

Neither does EA but they announce things at E3.

Rockstar announced Red dead redemption 1 at E3,GTA 4 trailers at E3,GTA EFLC at E3,GTA 5 next gen announcement at E3,Max Payne 3 booth/trailers at E3,Beerator at E3 not to mention Table Tennis,Chinatown Wars and other PSP GTA games

I would say they are pretty much into it for someone who "doesnt go " E3

NHale

Yes, openworld third person action RPG with a western setting clashes too much with online-only SciFi FPS.

But it clashes with a very popular basketball game that releases the week after Destiny 2, which by the way is published by the RDR2 publisher.

I'm sure of all the weeks in the entire month to release NBA 2K18, Take Two decided to release on the same week as another popular game they publish.

From one side i hope its true.

But from the other side i hope ot isn't, otherwise i wouldn't want Jones to get punished (?) for having leaked the date just now that they [EZA] are starting to become relevant again lol

Kyle leaked 2 games at Gametrailers, as long as its an accident they dont care.

There was that Far Cry commercial which described an AAA game coming out in September, which a lot of people thought was Red Dead. Plus GTAV came out in mid-September. He probably combined the two in his head.

Wasn't it already rumored it'd release in september? Considering Destiny 2 releases early in the month and the publisher would want mid-month sales to increase their monthly statistic.

Hasney

Careless though if they didn't watch the recording back before uploading it..

If it was a mistake and he shared NDA'd date (which I don't believe), the casual way he said it clearly shows he thought it was already public information. He'd have edited it as well so if he thought it was public, he wouldn't have caught it.

But like I said, I think he's being legit.

AnxiousSecondaryAntelope.gif

Where is that huber reaction from.

You know, watching the video I thought he was just joking, but somehow this explanation makes it worse lol. Like, he thought for a second he knew the date of this highly anticipated game?

One week as a judge and now ya think ya know all da industry secrets now DON'T YA JOOOOOONES.

This is a video EZA had to manually upload. If that was a real goof, don't you think they would've edited it out?

#TeamReal

Simo

Tinfoil hat time: The release is true, Rockstar announces it this Monday afternoon thus explaining why Take Two moved up their investors call on Tuesday from 4:30pm to 8-8:30am before the markets open because the news would be favorable to their stocks...

I also may or may not know how all this stock market and investors malarkey works.

Top Bottom