• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did Emily Rogers just hint at Mother 3's NA Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see the "10th anniversary" tweet but I can confirm I saw the Kumatora one. If it's really a Mother 3 tease I'll be stoked.

entremet

So are they buying Tomato's localization?

Can we get Mother 1+2 GBA as well?
Mother 2 GBA is a lackluster port. We already have the SNES original.

Tomato offered his localization for free as well. I doubt they will use it wholesale. Maybe some edits.

Releasing Mother 3 would be such a good move, considering how many fans have been clamoring for it for so long, especially with the NX on the horizon.

Also...uh...I really want it. I am not even sure why, since I own the JP GBA cart, but I really want to play this on a TV in English.

flohen95

Mother 3 is the only of the trilogy to actually need localisation work, and a lot of it too, so I remain sceptical. If it does happen, I'll be there, but I won't believe it until I see it.
I have to say though, with the recent releases of Mother 1 and 2 and the 10th anniversary of the game itself, it would be a convenient timeframe.

Mother 2 GBA is a lackluster port. We already have the SNES original.

Tomato offered his localization for free as well. I doubt they will use it wholesale. Maybe some edits.

yeah but it's on the GBA what's not to love
thinking about it some more, I'd love to see a NX "Nintendo Classics" series with a bunch of old nintendo titles. Mother Collection, DK Collection, etc.

They're not using a fan translation for an official release. That's ridiculous. They have their own localization department for a reason.

jett

D-Member
They'll probably translate it on their own (with more memes!), but they might as well use the fansub, which was really good.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Would love to see this get a physical release but there's no way that'll happen unfortunately

Also, is the game good? I mean, is it pretty good or really really good?

I played through EarthBound for the first time about a month ago and enjoyed it, but I didn't go head over heels for it

please let it have a physical release

i don't care if i'm paying $30 for an emulated GBA game on a 3DS cartridge, just let me be able to do so

They're not using a fan translation for an official release. That's ridiculous. They have their own localization department for a reason.
Why would they spend money on localizing it when someone else has already poured over it and given it one of the best unofficial localizations -- if not THE best -- ever?

Jarate

Banned
l5zVp6R.gif

You're asking for a GBA cart from Nintendo in 2016?

Hah.

I thought you wanted a GBA VC version on the WiiU.

I honestly just want the current Mother 2 GBA fantranslation to finish up so I can play the full series on my flashcart. If nintendo would beat them to it, that'd be nice.

Somnid

I kinda figured it would. Maybe I'm just reading too much into things but 8-4 seemed to be playing a lot of Mother recently.

BiggNife

Also I am going to bet we get a $30 retail 3DS release with Earthbound Beginnings, Earthbound and Mother 3. Nintendo is going to want to milk this as much as they can.

Efejota

I suppose if they actually release it it'll be in English for all Europe.
Better than nothing after all these years, though, but would gladly eat my words.

Darrenf

It will be interesting to compare the fan translation & the official translation assuming they don't use the fan translation (which is excellent).

Not surprised in the least if so, it feel like Nintendo is EXTREMELY aware of the demand and even the teases and lead-ups (the former with Mother 3's reference at E3 2014, the latter with EB 1 & 2 on the VC). It's just so obvious to me that it's happening at SOME point.

I'm just wondering why Nintendo never commissioned a GBA trilogy pack on DS ala Mega Man Zero Collection, that would've been THE best way to have done it IMO.

There's an official Lucas figure now available in the west.

At some point, Nintendo is just going to have to release this thing everywhere.

maxcriden

I think it'll be more than $10, due to localization costs. I'm going with $15 or $20 but hey, $10 would be great!

Understood, and I figured that was your reasoning. But the ceiling on GBA VC has been $8 I believe so I suspect a $15 ask is less likely because the lay consumer isn't going to care if it's a new translation. They'll just see it and buy it or not buy it, and as a GBA VC release they aren't going to want to pay that much I think for it. I don't believe most gamers follow gaming online as much as we do if much at all...and I expect it to be on Wii U VC because then the whole trilogy will be there.

Understood, and I figured that was your reasoning. But the ceiling on GBA VC has been $8 I believe so I suspect a $15 ask is less likely because the lay consumer isn't going to care if it's a new translation. They'll just see it and buy it or not buy it, and as a GBA VC release they aren't going to want to pay that much I think for it. I don't believe most gamers follow gaming online as much as we do if much at all...and I expect it to be on Wii U VC because then the whole trilogy will be there.

Yeah, definitely Wii U VC, as it's already available there in Japan.

I'm thinking $15 because this would really be a release for the hardcore and many of them would be fine with that price.

You very well could be right about $10 though, as that's what Earthbound goes for on the VC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom