• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did Emily Rogers just hint at Mother 3's NA Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would they spend money on localizing it when someone else has already poured over it and given it one of the best unofficial localizations -- if not THE best -- ever?

Because it's not as simple as some guy giving a translation away for free. No matter how good it is the Treehouse is going to be handling it.

Part of me wants to say this will be an NX thing, but who knows.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to see the trilogy available on whatever NX platform is released this year. If MyNintendo is the account system we all think it is, then there shouldn't be an issue bringing over the first two games that many of us have already bought, and offering a discounted Mother bundle for new buyers.

Just sayin'...

Dimmle

Literally going to die if this doesn't happen now, any mention of "Mother 3" and "US" makes my heart rate spike.

Zomba13

I fully believe it. The question is if they do their own full localisation or if the license the fan translation in some way. (I have no idea how the legal stuff for that would work though)

Neiteio

Oh man, I hope so. I really want to play Mother 3. The characters and setting look immediately appealing to me.

Maybe when Reggie made the joke about it in the 2014 E3 Direct, it was a hint that they have someone at least chipping away at localizing it as a low-priority project?

And maybe now that low-priority project is almost done!

(I don't think Reggie's joke actually meant anything, but it's fun to think)

Literally going to die if this doesn't happen now, any mention of "Mother 3" and "US" makes my heart rate spike.

vldmqif9xbifibr8n2y8.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
After releasing Mother 1 I was certain it would happen eventually. Hopefully it's called EarthBound Endings.

emb

I wouldn't be surprised. Nintendo knows well enough that people want it, to the point that they've made fun of themselves about it at E3. The game just released (or got announced) for VC in Japan. The other two games both released in the West on VC in the past couple years. Lucas being in Smash helps too of course. One way or the other I fully expect to see this one stateside before I die.

I could also see them not doing it. For whatever reason they've resisted heavily over the years. *shrug*

If it gets a physical release I'd jump for joy though. That would really be a surprise.

Because it's not as simple as some guy giving a translation away for free. No matter how good it is the Treehouse is going to be handling it.

As far as I know, Tomato owns exclusive rights to that translation. It really can be that simple. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo does as you say and has treehouse translate it, but it's because Nintendo doesn't seem big on external resources like that, not because of financial or legal reasons.

Syril

I fully believe it. The question is if they do their own full localisation or if the license the fan translation in some way. (I have no idea how the legal stuff for that would work though)
I figure at the very least even if they wanted to use it wholesale they would have to QA and editing passes on it to make sure that it works properly/doesn't have any infringement in the script.

Would love to see this get a physical release but there's no way that'll happen unfortunately

Also, is the game good? I mean, is it pretty good or really really good?

I played through EarthBound for the first time about a month ago and enjoyed it, but I didn't go head over heels for it

I think it's really really good. I liked it a lot more than Earthbound myself.

Joqu

Mato's translation is absolutely amazing, frankly you can't do better than it, so if Nintendo were to do this I'd want them to use that one. But I don't think that's going to happen.

An official release is long overdue though and I'm sure Nintendo would put out a quality translation if they were to do it themselves since they know how much Mother 3 means to the fans, so either way I'd be ecstatic.

And yeah, I think it's going to happen. EarthBound did very well on the VC and by releasing Beginnings they set a precedent, even if they already had an old translation for that game lying around. People are expecting this. There has never been a better opportunity for them to release this. And such a release would get plenty of attention.

Syril

I figure at the very least even if they wanted to use it wholesale they would have to QA and editing passes on it to make sure that it works properly/doesn't have any infringement in the script. XSEED actually has purchased fan translations for some of the Ys games, so they might have done a writeup somewhere about what the process was like.

Geg

I can just imagine the salt...

*Reggie comes on screen during the E3 direct*
"We are proud to announce Mother 3... AMIIBOS!"

Breads

Banned
Mother 3 3d Wii U remake with Amiibos confirmed?

No seriously though. I want all the clay figures.

All. Of. Them.

And an anime.

And a film.

And

Vena

Mother 3 ReDreamed guest staring Bayonetta, Captain Falcon, and Samus from the popular Smash Brothers Series!?

I am ready!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom