• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did Emily Rogers just hint at Mother 3's NA Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
The Nintendo RPG we've been waiting for. 10 years after its original release....

Magical Starsign

Davey Cakes

Exciting stuff. The fan base has been waiting.

With the success of EB and the release of Beginnings, it just makes sense.

Dimmle

There are quite a few bizarre sequences and characters that I can imagine an older NOA altering, but the Nintendo that courted Bayonetta? I'm feeling optimistic about Mother 3'a integrity being preserved.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
PLOT TWIST: Mother 3 is finally coming out in the West, but it's only in French.
PLOT TWIST 2: It's only in Quebec French.

Woohoo!

"Sacréfice, une gang de porcs a envahie le village! On est dans 'marde!"

I wonder why the sudden attitude change around Mother?

It was basically ignored forever, except in Smash, and then within the last year or two we've seen Nintendo finally remember they actually own this neat little IP that has a large and loyal fan base.

I wonder what jogged their memory?

Joqu

Actually, I feel like now is a really good times to have the Magypsies.

For sure. Changing the Magypsies would be some ass backwards stuff, not only are they great characters in general but they're pretty progressive really.

It still is the one thing I'd be worried about but a modern Nintendo really shouldn't change it.

Davey Cakes

It was basically ignored forever, except in Smash, and then within the last year or two we've seen Nintendo finally remember they actually own this neat little IP that has a large and loyal fan base.

Miiverse helped.

The Nintendo RPG we've been waiting for. 10 years after its original release....

Magical Starsign

30oxQb4.jpg
In.

That reminds me, wonder how that Mother 4 fan project is coming along, with Shigesato Itoi basically stating that a Mother 4 was "totally impossible" I really want to see that fan project to see the light of day at some point if Mother 3 is coming out over here! It was looking pretty good, but the last update was about 7 months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qtQWUF6-Co

Nairume

Banned

Earthbound doing consistently well on VC.

-shadow-

Earthbound - We've basically spoiled 90% of the game eight years ago, so here you can finally play it yourself!

Can't wait however if it's actually happening. Now I just hope that if this is successful they'll translate more unreleased old games. The old Fire Emblem games on NES and SNES are really something I want to get into.

For the uninitiated: who exactly is Emily Rogers and why is her tweet important? I mean in what position is she that she could be privy to this kind of insider info?

Kangi

EarthBound Anthology with new Amiibo features.

Mr. Saturn Amiiibo, Starman Amiiibo, Tenda Amiiibo, Fobby Amiiibo, Master Belch Amiiibo, Claus Amiiibo, Yokuba Amiiibo, Pokey Amiiibo, Gigyas Amiiibo, all the playable characters. It's never going to end.

You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas' amiibo!

Fou-Lu

That reminds me, wonder how that Mother 4 fan project is coming along, with Shigesato Itoi basically stating that a Mother 4 was "totally impossible" I really want to see that fan project to see the light of day at some point if Mother 3 is coming out over here! It was looking pretty good, but the last update was about 7 months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qtQWUF6-Co

The last update was the end of October, so not exactly 7 months. I think they'll finish it eventually.

This would be a megaton for me! Assuming they localize the name, what would they call it?

Earthbound 2: Mother
Earthbound 2: Mother 3
Mother 3: Earthbound 2
Mother 3: Earthbound ______

Whatever they do, I don't want them to ditch the Mother part, since it's so integral to the plot. And they have to keep that iconic title screen with the metal and wood. Hype!

This would be a megaton for me! Assuming they localize the name, what would they call it?

Earthbound 2: Mother
Earthbound 2: Mother 3
Mother 3: Earthbound 2
Mother 3: Earthbound ______

Whatever they do, I don't want them to ditch the Mother part, since it's so integral to the plot. And they have to keep that iconic title screen with the metal and wood. Hype!
Smart money's on no number and a subtitle.

Earthbound: Bad End
Earthbound: Endings
Earthbound: The End
Earthbound: Mother
Earthbound: Returns
Earthbound: Resurrection

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Bayonetta in Smash and Mother 3 localization on the same night... How am I supposed to concentrate on my work now?!

Clov

EarthBound Anthology with new Amiibo features.

Mr. Saturn Amiiibo, Starman Amiiibo, Tenda Amiiibo, Fobby Amiiibo, Master Belch Amiiibo, Claus Amiiibo, Yokuba Amiiibo, Pokey Amiiibo, Gigyas Amiiibo, all the playable characters. It's never going to end.

How could you even make an Amiibo of Giygas?

I'd definitely buy a lot of those if they were made.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This is a given. They've been talking/hinting at it for nearly 2 years now, all the way back to Nintendo's E3 digital event in 2014.

Etemon

Banned
I assumed it by this point (that MOTHER 3 was going to be released in the west for the 10th anniversary of its original release), but I don't know if it's good or bad that she teased it, if true... Does it spoil the surprise a little, or makes the reveal super better?

Man. The happiest news I could get in gaming is the announcement of a new Itoi game. It doesn't even need to be MOTHER... just a new game!! IN 3D!!!!

Maybe we have a little bit of luck and Undertale makes Itoi feel dared to "do it better"... like the original Dragon Quest did! And if he feels that way after already been making a game since he went to Kyoto that time... We could get not one, but TWO games from him!! AT LEAST!!! HOHOHOHO

Here's a question: since they seem to attach these games to "Earthbound" instead of "Mother" in the west, what do we think this game will be called?

The entire Mother series available on the least owned Nintendo home console of all time. Sounds ironic.

I was thinking about this a few weeks ago when Metroid: Zero Mission hit the VC.

Nintendo should have called, or once the NX comes out they should rebrand, the Wii U as the Nintendo Legacy System.

Aside from Mario Sunshine, I can't think of any big Nintendo games that don't have all or at least the majority of their entries available on the Wii U.

Mario: SMB, SMB2, SMB3, SMB: Lost Levels, SMW, SMW2:YI, Mario 64, Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Mario 3D World

Zelda: LoZ, LoZII, LoZ: LTTP, OoT, MM, Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD, Zelda Wii U, and Skyward Sword via Wii BC

Metroid: Metroid, Zero Mission, Super Metroid, Prime Trilogy, Fusion, and Other M via Wii BC

Donkey Kong: DK, DKC Trilogy, DK64, DKCR via Wii BC, DKCR:TF

Kirby: Almost all of the Kirby games are available via the VC, and with the 20th Anniversary Collection you have pretty much every Kirby game via Wii BC

Mario Kart: SMK, MK:SS, MK64, MKDS, Mario Kart Wii via Wii VC, MK8

Earthbound: Earthbound Zero, Earthbound, now possibly Mother 3

Plus a ton of other stuff like Advance Wars, F-Zero, Star Fox, Mega Man, etc etc

It's really cool. If they rebranded the system, maybe gave it an NES-style paint job, made the main selling point the Legacy/Virtual Console aspect of it and focused the GamePad usage as purely a "play on the TV or in your hands!" type of a thing, they could probably have it do pretty well offering it as a cheap third pillar along with the NX console and NX handheld - especially if that Smash Bros NX rumor pans out and means the NX itself is not backwards compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom