• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did Emily Rogers just hint at Mother 3's NA Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBroly

Banned
Hmmm, I wonder if they're using the fan translation or doing it themselves.

And considering how dark this game is, will they censor or make changes? Hope not.

I doubt they're using the fan translation, since they wouldn't want a free version of it out there while they're selling the exact same thing.

Joqu

Hmmm, I wonder if they're using the fan translation or doing it themselves.

And considering how dark this game is, will they censor or make changes? Hope not.

Eh. Nintendo generally doesn't censor "dark". If anything they'd change the magypsies unfortunately, but there wouldn't really be a need for them to do so. It really depends on what kind of audience they'd be shooting for. Mother fans are a dedicated bunch so I could see them not make any changes like that. I hope.

Guys.... Mother 3 might have just been confirmed.
https://twitter.com/setaimx/status/695021671544033280

Z8hbhna.gif

Trago

Eh. Nintendo generally doesn't censor "dark". If anything they'd change the magypsies unfortunately, but there wouldn't really be a need for them to do so. It really depends on what kind of audience they'd be shooting for. Mother fans are a dedicated bunch so I could see them not make any changes like that. I hope.

Didn't even consider that they would in fact be selling this game lol. I guess I have nothing to worry about. Gonna be hard stomaching this game again....

Joqu

Might wanna shoot Mato an email or tweet if you wanna hurry the process, but I imagine he'll report on this stuff on earthbound central soon enough unless he's involved and has to stay quiet. Although staying quiet would probably make any involvement more apparent in that scenario.

Dunbar

I still remember reading Tim Rogers' review of this back after it got released in Japan. Wanted to play it ever since. I sure hope this is all true.

Is no one else upset about this leak? Like the surprise of a decade was completely spoiled for you? Imagine what the reaction would have been...

Is no one else upset about this leak? Like the surprise of a decade was completely spoiled for you? Imagine what the reaction would have been...

It would have been a cool surprise, definitely. I agree with your other post. Games I like to be surprises, but I'm getting sick of not knowing what NX is.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Been waiting so long for this. I wonder how much difference there will be between this and the fan translation.

Nairume

Banned
I doubt they're using the fan translation, since they wouldn't want a free version of it out there while they're selling the exact same thing.
To be fair, they used the same unreleased localization for Mother 1 that got very famously leaked years ago, so clearly that doesn't matter that much to them.

That said, even though there is precedent for it happening, I doubt it is the fan translation.

The reaction to this would have been amazing. I'd imagine it would have been Twilight Princess reveal levels of amazing. I mentioned earlier, but somethings are worth the waiting for the official announcement.

One of them.

You have an ensemble cast with one major protagonist.

Lucas is the main protagonist. You might have seen him in Smash Bros.

Ah ok, so like Earthbound. And I feel dumb for not actually knowing which Mother game Lucas was from. I am just playing Earthbound for the first time now. Died at the Giant's Step, have to fight Frank and see the mayor again ><

amnesiac

The long awaited trilogy finally gets released on Nintendo's worst selling console in its last days. Ha. Please be on the NX also.

Remember before Earthbound was released on VC how everyone thought all those copyright issues were preventing its release? And the reality was they were never really an issue anyway because there was nothing altered (besides some flashy PSI effects)? It's just kind of funny in hindsight because they probably could have released it on the Wii if they wanted to.

Regarding the title, they have to be consistent with Earthbound :)

FoursideM3Building.png

Malus

I don't actually care about Earthbound so not really :p. In general I agree but I don't see what can be done other than Nintendo allowing their ninjas to assassinate with impunity, Bloodborne beast hunter style.

Joqu

Nah, he deleted it to avoid gaining too much attention. Dude doesn't seem too happy about it being posted on GAF.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Not there anymore... What was it?
I don't know about getting a screencap, but I still have it on my Chrome history & it said "@radicaldefect Since the teases are out, I'll say it: this is the game I was referring to. It's happening"

How would this be at all surprising after Earthbound Beginnings? It was pretty obvious it was coming at some point.

Doesn't matter how obvious it was to you or anyone else. Sure, I had a feeling it might happen, but what's the preferred way to learn about it: through Emily Roger's Twitter, or at the end of a Nintendo Direct or at E3? The difference between those two scenarios is huge in my mind, by the way. Not to mention it spits in the face of Nintendo, who was listening to fan outcry on this one and possibly hinting at it since E3 2014 with, "Come on Reggie, give us Mother 3!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom