• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did Konami delist Simpsons & X-Men Arcade on PSN?

What you guys seem to forget is that said games/ports wouldn't have existed in the first place if it wasn't for digital distribution. Of course I'd rather have the option to buy 2nd in case of licensing issues, but that isn't always possible.

I acknowledge and understand that, I was just highlighting that "Physical games go out of print all the time" isn't exactly the best argument to throw out there to defend digital distribution.

yeah, i download it on my 360 but never bought it. Found the trial last week and decided to buy it and found out there's no way to purchase it anymore.
I'm stuck with a trial that can't be upgraded.

:(

Same here. At least I still have the demo, even though it's just one crummy level.

vazel

Banned
Digital games should get a disc release like DuckTales did to prevent things like this from happening. Maybe a manufacture on demand system like WB Archives does for old movies and TV shows.
Not sure what the "digital future" has to do with it. Physical games go out of print all the time.
With physical media there's always going to be a tradable copy out there. Despite its low print run you can still buy Panzer Dragoon Saga for about $200 on eBay if you're so inclined.

So like why did this team of people work really hard to make this awesome modernized version of a classic arcade game, just to have it wiped off the face of the earth two years later?

Sylver

Banned
That's the worst Digital Download point but well at least PSN isn't like amazon (I see what you did with Disney movies), and delisted games are "forever" for people who bought those games on time.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
DAMN IT! I hate this crap! HATE IT!

I'm tired of seeing games being delisted, Sony should at least warn us which games are being delisted in advance! There are a lot of old school games which I don't buy immediately but plan to buy later, and then they disappear! Good thing my brother bought X-Men and shared it with me.

Simpsons EU link if anybody is interested:
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...de:ps-games-the-simpsons-arcade-game-ps3.html

For reference, here is a list of some games that vanished from the euro PS store (there are probably much more than these):

Outrun Online - Sega
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - Capcom
GTI Club+: Rally Côte d'Azur - Konami
Michael Jackson the Experience HD - Ubisoft
Guardians of Middle-earth - Warner

And I have a feeling that Ducktales isn't gonna last for much longer...

EDIT: CRAP, the EU PS store Simpsons has a glitch! If you already downloaded the demo, the add to cart button doesn't appear! Or maybe they already removed it? Noooooooo...

When you vote, make sure you try to enquire what your candidate's stance is on digital IP rights and the horrible world of software patenting and copyrighting...

dolabla

Wow, this f'n sucks! I just now found this out. This is why I hate digital.

My PS3 has been messed up for a few months and I just bought another one a few days ago. I was gonna buy The Simpsons Arcade game. I can download the demo because I downloaded it in the past and it's still on my download list.

Is there any way possible I can still somehow get The Simpsons Arcade game?

Ocaso

Wow, this f'n sucks! I just now found this out. This is why I hate digital.

My PS3 has been messed up for a few months and I just bought another one a few days ago. I was gonna buy The Simpsons Arcade game. I can download the demo because I downloaded it in the past and it's still on my download list.

Is there any way possible I can still somehow get The Simpsons Arcade game?

Unlikely. This is indeed a downside of the digital future.

dolabla

Unlikely. This is indeed a downside of the digital future.

Dang, that makes me sad :(

I wish now I hadn't put it off. I just happened to be re-downloading some of my games on the new PS3 and saw the demo on there tonight. I was gonna buy it tonight.

Artorias

Banned
For anyone thats had PS+ since launch in NA, check your download list. We got Simpsons arcade game free on day 1.

I wish I bought Xmen back then, but I played a ton of it at least through a friends account.

Top Bottom