• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Filled it out too! Only really applies to Digimon, with no one localizing Megahouse figures. Bluefin has been awesome with distributing Figuarts lines, though.

Tritroid

Surprised this hasn't been posted here yet:

Tri 4 synopsis

-WtW
A past incident that decided the fate of two people? I wonder what that's referring to...maybe the original Highton View Terrace incident that heavily involved Tai and Kari?

Other than that, I can't think of anything... :\

Zero3K

A past incident that decided the fate of two people? I wonder what that's referring to...maybe the original Highton View Terrace incident that heavily involved Tai and Kari?

Other than that, I can't think of anything... :\

I was thinking of Ken Ichijouji and Yukio Oikawa since they both have been used as pawns of MaloMyotismon.

Tusk

So, saw a pic of what I guess is Meicoomons final form? Could be fake, but
it's just Meicrackmon getting bigger, basically just taller and thick.
Disappointing really.

It's Christmas time, so that means Digimon Christmas music. I've listened to these songs more times than I can count.

Some of my favorites:
Digimon Christmas Medley (Guilmon, Renamon, Terriermon and Culumon)
Daisuke and Ken's Shopping Carol
Santamon o Sagase (Takato, Ruki and Jianliang)
More More Happy Christmas (Takuya, Kouji, Izumi, Junpei, Tomoki, and Koichi)
Black Xmas (Yamaki, Reika and Megumi)

And in memory of Kouji:
Minna no Christmas
Utaou Bokura no Merry Christmas

I could really listen to any of the various Digimon Christmas albums on loop.

Here's hoping the Appmon Christmas episode is great. It'd be nice to have another awesome Digimon tradition in the future for Christmas.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, Appmon 12 was pretty hype---that DBZ-style throw down at the end especially.

Glad to see Haru's other friends back next week.

Appmon 13: Christmas is saved!

No, really. That was a great episode, complete with the characters literally saving Christmas, great character development for Ai, and the ending scenes left a chill in me.

Definitely a top quality Christmas episode. I expect I'll be rewatching it at many future Christmases.

So, Appmon 12 was pretty hype---that DBZ-style throw down at the end especially.

Glad to see Haru's other friends back next week.

Yeah, that was the best fight of the show so far (although Dosukomon one shotting Gomimon is up there because of how well animated that one hit was and just how out of nowhere it came from). This show is honestly getting hype every week.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I've realized outside of their debut and evolution episodes Dokamon and Musimon have been jobbing hard.

Happy New Year DigiGAF! It's the year of the rooster, so it's also the year of Piyomon! (Tri Twitter made the joke, don't shoot the messenger Cockatrimon fans.)
6AKFNOE.jpg

Appmon has an image too.

Links has the best one though, because it's cute. :3

I've realized outside of their debut and evolution episodes Dokamon and Musimon have been jobbing hard.

Week late to the reply here, but no kidding.

The Appmon (which I saw earlier) and Linkz New Years pictures are really nice. We're finally in the 20th anniversary year, so I'm excited to see what comes.

Week late to the reply here, but no kidding.

They're just following in the proud history of all the jobbing Digimon of the past.

At least they're not like Lalamon who jobbed even in her first evolution episode.

sensui-tomo

so i might be in the minority, but any news regarding the dubbed digimon tri , havent seen anything about it since the release at theaters which i missed, wanted to know if they ever plan on selling it or if it was a one time deal.

so i might be in the minority, but any news regarding the dubbed digimon tri , havent seen anything about it since the release at theaters which i missed, wanted to know if they ever plan on selling it or if it was a one time deal.

The Blu-Ray/DVD is most likely going to release around March in NA. The UK release was pushed back to March because they can't release the dubbed version before the US.

Can I ask you all question, so I heard Tri is bad. Is this true? If so, that's dissapointing

You'll find varied opinions here, but it's not great, imo. I do find it enjoyable enough, and the third part is improved from the previous two, so it could get better. If part one doesn't do anything for you, the rest probably won't.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
The Blu-Ray/DVD is most likely going to release around March in NA. The UK release was pushed back to March because they can't release the dubbed version before the US.

You'll find varied opinions here, but it's not great, imo. I do find it enjoyable enough, and the third part is improved from the previous two, so it could get better. If part one doesn't do anything for you, the rest probably won't.

I still hope that the blu will have dual-languages... A Digimon-first, but I've been hopeful for YEARS for subbed Digimon (until then, the eps will remain on my HDD...) I'm still SO happy that Monster Rancher/Farm made it out subbed! ...still need to find time to watch it, but the DVDs are sitting there for when I'm down for it :)

As for Tri, I love it! I feel like within our little community, the majority does enjoy it. Maybe it's more casuals that aren't as into it? Either way, might as well check it out (Quickie link for person asking the question!)

Recently got around to watching Tri. It's.. not good. Far too much drama, little of it actually good or interesting. Like, having Joe and Mimi and Koshiro basically rehash plot-points and conflicts that they essentially already went through in Adventure and Adventure 02. Like, they obviously aren't exactly the same thing but they're nonetheless far too close to rehashing the same beats to be interesting at all. And the twists have either been completely predictable (who's the big bad/source of the problems) or disappointing (what's up with Ken) so far. There have been a few cool fights, but they're not worth everything else.

I feel like with each one they've slowly gotten better. Tai and Matt are my least favorite of the Digidestined so their focus in the first did nothing for me. Joe's and Mimi's drama in the 2nd part was more interesting for me but it still had pacing issues like the first. In part 3 they finally got the pacing right. It also had a way better emotional impact for me. The montage late with everyone with their Digimon one last time, specifically TK's scene really got to me. It reminded me of the middle of last year when we put our cat to sleep that we had since I was 3 (I'm 25 now) and how hard that was for me to do.

That 20th anniversary countdown that's been going on for awhile ends in 35 minutes

Can't wait for it to be absolutely nothing aside from maybe an update on something we already know about.

OMG Cyber Sleuth 2, Digimon World 1 HD Remake, Tamers Blu-rays and sequel series written by Konaka with entire voice cast back, figures of every character from every series, confirmation of another series to follow on from Appmon in October, AiM singing third Appmon ending, feature length anniversary movie directed by Hosoda and announcement that they're creating a real Digital World

lol, a 45 day countdown just for them to put up some details about those 20th anniversary V-pets they announced in November.

Bandai be trolling.

Edit: Okay, new Digimon announced once the page updated further, so that's something.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Got creeped out... Thought I heard thunder in my speakers? Forgot I had the page up without a min to go, and it's making rumble noises.

Edit: Ah I guess it error'd out, so my timer on the page was off. So yay. Zubamon.

Zubamon looks neat. Though it seems Huckmon-ish...

The V-Pet look pretty cool as well. From first glance, it looks like more love was put into these than the digivices.

Hackmon was the 15th anniversary Digimon, so it kind of makes sense. Although yeah, my first thought was Hackmon (Gold).

New V-Pet stuff definitely seems like a lot of care is going into it. And it's cool to see BanchoMamemon getting some love. The other Banchos have been so ignored since their creation.

Hackmon was the 15th anniversary Digimon, so it kind of makes sense. Although yeah, my first thought was Hackmon (Gold).

It makes me wonder if the similarities are in any way significant beyond that. If Dracomon was more visually similar, it probably wouldn't stand out so much.

Also, speaking of, I'm glad to see Dracomon back in something, even if just for anniversary purposes.

New V-Pet stuff definitely seems like a lot of care is going into it. And it's cool to see BanchoMamemon getting some love. The other Banchos have been so ignored since their creation.

I'm really hoping for a Digimon game that includes Digimon like the Bancho group. Going into Cyber Sleuth and seeing BanchoLeomon, Minervamon, etc. just reminds me how many are missing.

One of the 'Legend-Arms', it is capable of transforming its whole body into a weapon. Legend says that ”If an angel possesses the Legend-Arms, they can save the world- but if evil were to possess it, they could destroy the world."

Zubamon carries the "Twentiest" data and often shouts out that ”I am the Twentiest!!" without really understanding what it means.

Its personality is such that it despises twistedness/crookedness, and is constantly seeking sharpness. A day where its battles and jokes go well and its sharpness feels good will leave it in high spirits.

Zubamon will charge from the start using it's technique ”Twenty Dive" where it's power to turn into the form of a weapon is on full display.

His evolutionary line will be updated at a later date!

From WtW . Have we seen any other digimon under the Legend-Arms category or is it new? Assuming the former, nothing came up from a quick google search.

From WtW . Have we seen any other digimon under the Legend-Arms category or is it new? Assuming the former, nothing came up from a quick google search.

Armamon and Spadamon are the only others we know about.
There's going to be a total of 134 Digimon you can raise in them, so it looks like this will be a fairly substantial V-pet.

Almost double the amount of the first five V-Pets combined.

And for the price of 3,780 yen! I mean, that's strangely reasonable for a Digimon Anniversary product.

Armamon and Spadamon are the only others we know about.

Almost double the amount of the first five V-Pets combined.

And for the price of 3,780 yen! I mean, that's strangely reasonable for a Digimon Anniversary product.

Omegaarmamon looks awesome O_O.
Was surprised by the price as well, I've never see one of these in real life so I'll definitely pick one up.

You mean the original? I never have, either. I remember seeing Tamagotchis, Giga Pets (and all their variations), and some karate fighter-thing, but never a Digimon. I did however buy a blue Digivice when those came out (and raised a Gabumon on it, I think). Sometimes I forget what Digimon actually originated from...

Yeah, didn't even see them in nakano+Akihabara in Tokyo =/.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Was surprised by the price as well, I've never see one of these in real life so I'll definitely pick one up.

You mean the original? I never have, either. I remember seeing Tamagotchis, Giga Pets (and all their variations), and some karate fighter-thing, but never a Digimon. I did however buy a blue Digivice when those came out (and raised a Gabumon on it, I think). Sometimes I forget what Digimon actually originated from...

so who's getting that new digimon game for Ps4? cyber sleuth was sooo worth it, honestly i'm not too sure if i'll be addicted to this game the same,

not only that but there's so many other goddamn games coming out in a similar window. there's yakuza 0, persona 5, tekken 7 (maybe), mass effect 4, horizon zero dawn, and i also want to buy the telltale game of thrones

Lynx_7

I'll get it someday but it's not a priority. Probably when it's on a sale. I still don't know if that breed of Digimon game will be to my liking or not and there are waaaay too many good games coming out Q1 2017.

so who's getting that new digimon game for Ps4? cyber sleuth was sooo worth it, honestly i'm not too sure if i'll be addicted to this game the same,

not only that but there's so many other goddamn games coming out in a similar window. there's yakuza 0, persona 5, tekken 7 (maybe), mass effect 4, horizon zero dawn, and i also want to buy the telltale game of thrones

I'm getting it day 1, but it's more out of support than anything. I mean, it looks good, and I'll most likely have lots of fun with it, but there are so many great looking games coming out.

It confuses me that Bamco are putting so much effort into it, only to release it, not only next to one of their own games, but next to a ton of others. I guess they are counting on dedicated Digimon fans.

Pau

I'm getting it Day 1. I haven't been able to play any of the real sequels to the original Digimon World so I'm really looking forward to this.

Plus, I'm not really interested in any of the other games coming out around the same time except maybe Horizon: Zero Dawn so it's a no brainer for me.

I'll get it at some point to support it but probably not at launch. I still haven't gotten around to finishing Cyber Sleuth.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I have the new Digimon on Amazon pre-ordered. Don't forget about the (digital) goodies you DO get if you pre-order!! I heard the pack for Cyber Sleuth goes for a lot, since it's still unobtainable for purchase (I sold an extra one I got for $5 on GAF :x Had no idea >_>)

Stuart444

I have it preordered myself. Looking forward to it since I haven't been able to play my JP copy much.

Though not sure when I'll be able to play it since Yakuza 0, Tales of Berseria and Kingdom Hearts 2.8 out this month lol.

Speaking of Next Order, Bamco US is having a stream for it this Friday. There probably isn't going to be anything new, but there might be prizes.

I have the new Digimon on Amazon pre-ordered. Don't forget about the (digital) goodies you DO get if you pre-order!! I heard the pack for Cyber Sleuth goes for a lot, since it's still unobtainable for purchase (I sold an extra one I got for $5 on GAF :x Had no idea >_>)

At least this time people won't miss out on too much. The fact people who didn't buy Cyber Sleuth at launch are forever blocked from getting certain Digimon is nuts. Soundtracks and in-game items are a lot more reasonable.

A new Digimon, BoltBautamon, was announced for Next Order.

Unfortunately, it's a scan, but I got the info from Gematsu.

Some deets
BoltBautamon is a new, demon-type Digimon born out out of Piedmon absorbing Myotismon, and whose actions aim to cover the world in darkness while eradicating the light. Its special attack is called “Palazivalzer,” which fires magic from its trusty sword, “Spiedini.”

The story part related to BoltBautamon will unlock after you clear the main story, and clearing the events will give you the opportunity to train him.

A new Digimon, BoltBautamon, was announced for Next Order.

Unfortunately, it's a scan, but I got the info from Gematsu.

Some deets

That design is ppretty underwhelming, piedmon and myotismons designs are great , but not a fan of this guy. Demon digimon normally have the best designs as well T_T. Dunn oif it's the gold or crappy maskl but he seems more friendly looking than the two digimon that make him. This game has really been stacked against a lot of other strong games.

Top Bottom