• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I didn't realize this was releasing in the U.S. this month.

Going in basically blind to this one, hope it's a bit better than the PSP game which I found a bit dull.

Not only that, but new trailer was released for Next Order, which confirms the final 12th digimon is Piedmon, with that new one being the secret hidden one we speculated about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRqdBm-IbEg

What is Pinochimon

So reminder for new Digimon:

Shinegreymon BM
Rosemon BM
Boltmon
Marineangemon
Darkdramon
Chaosmon
Kaizergreymon
Magnagarurumon
Justimon
Dianamon
Minervamon
Piemon
...BoltBautamon?

Also maybe new Digi-eggs, but thats unconfirmed

Honestly I would have wished for more Ultimates, since the game for has more Champions than Ultimates. We can blame +20 Champion recolors for that tho

EDIT: Also purists, semi-good news, they called Omnimon Omegamon. Thats something.
EDIT 2: They also left development FPS counter at 0:43 in new trailer. Ooops :p
EDIT 3: Unrelated but they also announced baby forms for Zubamon. Its classic blob with horn evolves to bigger blob with more horns.

I'm getting it day 1, but it's more out of support than anything. I mean, it looks good, and I'll most likely have lots of fun with it, but there are so many great looking games coming out.

It confuses me that Bamco are putting so much effort into it, only to release it, not only next to one of their own games, but next to a ton of others. I guess they are counting on dedicated Digimon fans.
well i am a dedicated digimon fan i guess, i was super excited for cyber sleuth and i played it like an addiction last year, i got the day 1 edition too but for some reason i am not as excited for this game as i was for that one. dunno what it is.
I'm getting it Day 1. I haven't been able to play any of the real sequels to the original Digimon World so I'm really looking forward to this.

Plus, I'm not really interested in any of the other games coming out around the same time except maybe Horizon: Zero Dawn so it's a no brainer for me.
it's easy to decide on digimon if there's nothing else q1 that interests you. my boys from work gifted me telltale thrones for my birthday, plus i got yakuza 0 preordered so i got those things to think about before digimon.
I'll get it at some point to support it but probably not at launch. I still haven't gotten around to finishing Cyber Sleuth.

Cyber Sleuth was dope man, notwithstanding that fucking ending

Livestream that aired last day actually showed that the recolored Digimons will get slightly improved digivolutions. Both Agumon Blk and Solarmon gained new evolutions that werent in Vita version. Maybe now Guardromon Gold wont be 90% useless. And maybe others will gain more evolutions aswell.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i'm buying digimon world next week but would prefer digital. for some reason it's up on the US PSN store but not UK. it's definitely gonna get a digital release in the UK/EU right?

i'm buying digimon world next week but would prefer digital. for some reason it's up on the US PSN store but not UK. it's definitely gonna get a digital release in the UK/EU right?

It's up in a lot of EU countries, dunno what's happening with the UK , I e-mailed them since the US is getting a theme with digital pre-orders , basic CS didin't know what was up so they forwarded it to the relevant department, but no mention of it otherwise. There's no reason as to why we won't get a digital release, I think it's BN not being aware and Sony being a pain in the ass with getting the PS store updated outside of schedule (if the past is anything to go by)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So I guess Waffle is taking over for Cake on Applimon? Darn, I always like going through one group that does subs for a show, just to make it consistent. Cake did make some issues last ep they put out, but yeah not sure if they will even be back! Time to go play catch up then >_> (I last left off at ep 12, which was pretty interesting with Rei's back story.)

So I guess Waffle is taking over for Cake on Applimon? Darn, I always like going through one group that does subs for a show, just to make it consistent. Cake did make some issues last ep they put out, but yeah not sure if they will even be back! Time to go play catch up then >_> (I last left off at ep 12, which was pretty interesting with Rei's back story.)

The subs from what I've seen have been pretty disappointing with a lot of obvious errors anyway (probably the logical conclusion of translating from Spanish rather than directly from Japanese), but at least someone is translating the series.

13 was really good (and immediately the best Christmas episode of any Digimon series). 16, the latest, was also a really strong episode and is answering some of the big questions of the series so far.

But yeah, Rei's backstory was really good, and it got dark in a way that I really didn't expect the show to get. Rei's whole life is pretty messed up.

^^ Man, I need to catch up too. The last episode I saw was the Christmas one (which was suitably Chistmassy). The week break tripped me up.

Also, I didn't realize we got the official art for Boltboutamon when we got the latest news, so I'll post it here.

DzM5BhN.jpg

This guy is kind of hard to look at. He has so many design elements, it took me a few seconds to find his (lower) left arm.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
This guy is kind of hard to look at. He has so many design elements, it took me a few seconds to find his (lower) left arm.

You know how people call over designed Pokemon "Digimon" as almost an insult? To me, I would call this an "SMT demon" :p Not as an insult, but that's the style that it looks like, moreso.

You know how people call over designed Pokemon "Digimon" as almost an insult? To me, I would call this an "SMT demon" :p Not as an insult, but that's the style that it looks like, moreso.

He does kind of look SMT-esque.

I like the design because he's a cool pirate. It's definitely a really complicated one, though.

He does look SMT-ish now that you mention it. Huh.

His 3D model seems to do him more justice, imo. The wing cape looks cooler spread out and it's not as easy to "get lost" looking at him.

w8eE0Wj.jpg

edQKqd0.jpg

Watch Da Birdie

Appmon 16 was pretty cool, one thing I like about this show is that it feels relatively close to taking place in our world and I enjoyed the historical references with Minsky and McCarthy---we haven't really seen a lot of that in Digimon since the Adventure days iirc.

Appmon 16 was pretty cool, one thing I like about this show is that it feels relatively close to taking place in our world and I enjoyed the historical references with Minsky and McCarthy---we haven't really seen a lot of that in Digimon since the Adventure days iirc.

Yeah, the way they actually grounded the historical stuff like that was pretty cool. I really like how much they're going into the AI stuff here. It feels a lot like Tamers in the technology regard.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Slowly playing catch-up with Applimon.

Ep 13 thoughts:

-So Haru still has his other friends, I guess? :p Haven't seen them since like, ep 2.

-I think it's funny that 2 days disappearing off a digital calendar means anything :p The next day was Dec 24, just act like the calendar is still normal! Or celebrate things on the 26th. Or, worry more about the FUTURE calendar, since now all of the dates are pushed back, I'm sure there will be unhappy people with pre-booked vacations, flights, appointments, etc. Ya know, important things!

-So what IS the right way of "Appli Realize"? The Giraffe subber used that term, which makes sense considering Tamers, of when a Digimon "Realizes". Then Cake used "Appli Arise" or whatever, and Waffle does... "Appliarise"? That's where I hate the non-consistency, and I don't even know what/if there is an official term for it :/

for me, without context it obviously app realize. but since appmon is a short form of appli monsters, it would be appli realize. so, either the two. appliarise is basically the subber just giving up trying to translate the term, while appli arise shows that they might miss the wordplay in that term

"Appliarise" is what's actually being said. It's a combination of Appli, arise, and realize, so it works on several different levels in Japanese.

But the subbers are all incompetent so no one has come up with a consistent way of rendering if that makes sense in English. I usually just think "App Realize" when I hear it because that's what seems to flow the best to me.

I think "Appli Arise" is what it's supposed be, but I also think kuroneko and Kuwabara are right and there is meant to be wordplay with "realize".

If I were translating, I would just go with "App Realize", because it sounds the best to an English speaker, but I'm sure the translators have different opinions on it.

Digimon World Next Order's Pre-order dlc which is free for all in the EU is up on the Bandai Namco VIP store:
https://www.bandainamcoent.eu/vipcorner/get/slug/digi-adventure-pack-ps4

Thank you for making the Next Order OT. I was worried I was going to have to rush something out, because no one seemed interested.

I think "Appli Arise" is what it's supposed be, but I also think kuroneko and Kuwabara are right and there is meant to be wordplay with "realize".

If I were translating, I would just go with "App Realize", because it sounds the best to an English speaker, but I'm sure the translators have different opinions on it.

Thank you for making the Next Order OT. I was worried I was going to have to rush something out, because no one seemed interested.

Yeah I wasn't planning to either, but I didn't want it to not have one or have a minimal one put out last minute.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah I think you're right with that. It's definitely a tricky thing to translate, and I wasn't sure if there was any official Roomanji translation for it. Pretty much a fusion of "Appli" and "Realize" and with the whole 'li' = 'ri', it's blended together. I definitely prefer "App Realize", myself.

Yeah I wasn't planning to either, but I didn't want it to not have one or have a minimal one put out last minute.

If you want any help, you can PM me. I don't have enough time to do much, but I could manage a small part.

Yeah I think you're right with that. It's definitely a tricky thing to translate, and I wasn't sure if there was any official Roomanji translation for it. Pretty much a fusion of "Appli" and "Realize" and with the whole 'li' = 'ri', it's blended together. I definitely prefer "App Realize", myself.

Appli Arise is what I've seen in product descriptions on online stores, but I don't know if it's just a guess, or the websites are using the official translation.

Tusk

Late, but it is Appli Arise. No questioning it.

I own the DX Appli Drive and the screen says in text "Appli Arise".
Bothers me a little too when subbers aren't consistent.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

Well, I guess that would be the official phrase, then. (Someone plz re-sub and fix it :x)

I got this lovely figure in today. Really happy with how it looks and feels. Can't wait for some of the other Digimon figures that are coming out soon, too.

Yeah, "Appli Arise" is official. Although I think the "Realize" bit is intended as a secondary play on words. It just doesn't translate well.

i'm not gonna lie, all the screenshots from the OT are making me want to buy that new Digimon Ps4 game.

HOWEVER, honestly though the only reason I feel like buying it now is to support it, so that they keep on porting these Digimon games over. I'm into Yakuza 0 right now so I won't be starting the game if I play it now.

The gameplay looks okay, if the story is better than I heard about then I wouldn't think twice about buying it.

Also...I'm guessing there are no story connections to Digimon World 2?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
damn, everybody else said it does. i didn't order it yet but i guess i'll have to hold off then

edit: everybody in the OT

I mean, indirectly the person that originally bought it did. But it depends how people look at the used market.... If it's a third party seller selling new, then technically they bought it from a distributor that bought it from Namco (or it fell off a truck...)

They have multiple copies of random newish games. I'm guessing either fell off a truck, or they bought with like a store discount and are reselling to make a tiny profit.

It's your call, in the end.

man what is the chances they found em falling of a truck lol

i'll wait a couple more days. still in the middle of yakuza 0

Episode 19 of Appmon was incredible. Best episode yet of the show by quite a margin. I can't wait for everyone else to get a chance to watch it.

I was not expecting them to just straight up do a remake of the climax of Our War Game.

Stuart444

Episode 19 of Appmon was incredible. Best episode yet of the show by quite a margin. I can't wait for everyone else to get a chance to watch it.

I was not expecting them to just straight up do a remake of the climax of Our War Game.

It annoys me that there isn't an official subs for this. Main reason I haven't watched it.

In related news, new Tri soon. Looking forward to seeing Seraphimon properly since we don't get to see much of him in the trailer lol. Should be fun. Plus ending is Keep On I think which is awesome.

It annoys me that there isn't an official subs for this. Main reason I haven't watched it.

Yeah, Toei is being really silly about this. Surely by now they must have realized that they're not going to magically find some company interested in producing a TV dub for the show, at least not in English.

Watch Da Birdie

Globemon was awesome.

As for your spoiler, don't forget the episode before this
was pretty much that one Tamer film with Locomon taken over by a virus Digimon

Top Bottom