• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hmm I find it weird that Digimon only had one semblance of a kaijuu fight (that is, in Our War Game, which ties to episodes 30-and so of Adventure). I guess that's the problem when your high tier Digimon are feeling kinda samey in looks.

Asking this because Pokemon recently got something that is pretty much Destroy All Monsters.

Cool stuff, the Twitter account promises a steady stream of Digimon games. Good time to be a fan.

I hope Agumon and Gabumon are just random Digimon for promoting Next Order and that the starters are a little more creative like Cyber Sleuth. Though, ideally, I would prefer being able to choose any egg at the beginning or something like that.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Cool stuff, the Twitter account promises a steady stream of Digimon games. Good time to be a fan.

I hope lots of people from the west fluent to type on it can express themselves, to try and entice more localizations. Of course, we all need to pick up Cyber Sleuth too! I'm surprised that Gamestop doesn't even have it listed, only Amazon.

Stuart444

I hope lots of people from the west fluent to type on it can express themselves, to try and entice more localizations. Of course, we all need to pick up Cyber Sleuth too! I'm surprised that Gamestop doesn't even have it listed, only Amazon.

The best thing we as fans can do right now:

Tell EVERYONE we know about the game and try and entice people to buy it.

Spread the word, buy the game. It's the only way.

Before now, Digimon as a game franchise was pretty much dead outside of Japan. The only thing that will tell them that it's not dead is sales.

The game isn't out until 2016 so I'd say wait until any future trailers are out, spread them around, use social media to spread the word etc.

I hate to sound like a broken record but it is very important to make sure this sells well otherwise it's a guarantee that we won't be getting anymore Digimon games in the west.

I hope Agumon and Gabumon are just random Digimon for promoting Next Order and that the starters are a little more creative like Cyber Sleuth. Though, ideally, I would prefer being able to choose any egg at the beginning or something like that.
I was thinking along the same lines. They've been used in most games as starters, they could've been more orig But oBut inal. Butthey were the two starters for DW1 as well and I'll end up raising them anyway.

Stuart444

Tbf, they use Agu/Gabumon because they are pretty much iconic for Digimon so it's understandable why they used them.

I was very glad (even though I didn't use him as a starter) that Hagurumon was a starter in CS because he's just not the type of Digimon you think of for a starter really. It was quite cool.

Might use him as my starter for the EN release... or Palmon, I don't know >_< but I used Terriermon for my JP playthrough so I won't be starting with him in the English version.

Also speaking of Digimon games. I want to play ReDigitize (I keep putting it off, just playing the start of it even before the patch came out) but at the same time, I want to play/complete Digimon World 1 again before I do so. I played it once a year for the past 3 years now I think so I feel like I should.

Decisions Decisions.

(and if I go with DW1, I need to decide what Mega/Ultimate level I want. In the past, I've gotten MegaSeadramon, Metalgreymon, Skullgreymon, H-Kabuterimon, Phoenixmon and Mamemon.)

edit: I just noticed on the website of Digimon Linkz:

http://digimonlinkz.bn-ent.net/

The first panel with lopmon says there is a pre-registration event for it that starts the day before the Digimon Adventure Festival and runs for 10 days.

Ledbetter

The best thing we as fans can do right now:

Tell EVERYONE we know about the game and try and entice people to buy it.

Spread the word, buy the game. It's the only way.

Before now, Digimon as a game franchise was pretty much dead outside of Japan. The only thing that will tell them that it's not dead is sales.

The game isn't out until 2016 so I'd say wait until any future trailers are out, spread them around, use social media to spread the word etc.

I hate to sound like a broken record but it is very important to make sure this sells well otherwise it's a guarantee that we won't be getting anymore Digimon games in the west.

Hopefully I'll have a PS4 by then.

By the way, what do you guys think about the DS Digimon World games? I got a DS Lite not too long ago and thought about getting one. Although I played Digimon World DS like 5 or 6 years ago, honestly I do not remember anything about it, which can be a signal of being a forgettable game.

Stuart444

By the way, what do you guys think about the DS Digimon World games? I got a DS Lite not too long ago and thought about getting one. Although I played Digimon World DS like 5 or 6 years ago, honestly I do not remember anything about it, which can be a signal of being a forgettable game.

Alright game, not a fan of the first person style battle system but they are alright/serviceable Digimon games imo. I liked the story/idea of Digimon World DS anyway which kept me playing til the end. Dusk/Dawn I never got far into though.

Stuart444

There's only one Digimon World game in DS, most are Digimon Story (i.e. boring games).

You know most people are exposed to the english names than the Japanese ones. Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth is literally the first story game being released with the title intact.

Boss Doggie

I thought there's only three of them brought overseas (Digimon World DS, Dawk/Dusk). The other Digimon Story games weren't.

Ledbetter

Oh I didn't know they were known like that in Japan. Because I saw Cyber Sleuth is being released as Digimon Story, I thought there was an established difference here in the west.

So which one is the Digimon World for the DS then? I just found out there was another game brought here called Digimon World Championship, but it is known as Digimon Championship in Japan, so I don't think that's the one.

Boss Doggie

Oh I didn't know they were known like that in Japan. Because I saw Cyber Sleuth is being released as Digimon Story, I thought there was an established difference here in the west.

So which one is the Digimon World for the DS then? I just found out there was another game brought here called Digimon World Championship, but it is known as Digimon Championship in Japan, so I don't think that's the one.

Yeah that's the one I'm referring to as DW. It plays differently compared to the Digimon Story games (a bit closer to DW) but lacks the adventuring aspect. It's essentially a pure monster raiser.

EDIT: My bad, forgot that there's Digimon World DS. It is Savers-centric though.

So the ones that came to US are Digimon World DS, Dawn/Dusk, and Digimon World Championship. The ones that didn't make it are Lost Evo and Super Xros Red/Blue. World DS, Dawn/Dusk, Lost Evo and Super Xros are essentially Digimon Story games (hence DS).

If you need a Digimon fix for the DS, Digimon World Dusk/Dawn are okay games. I liked the plot enough and any game that has monster collecting and raising will keep my attention. That being said, it's a bit tedious and there are points where it's easy to stop playing out of boredom.

If you want plot in your game, Digimon World DS and Digimon World Dusk/Dawn are your options.

If you don't care if you have plot, there is also Digimon World Championship, which is basically a virtual pet on the DS.

If you are willing to give up on the DS games altogether, Digimon World Re: Digitize with the fan translation is probably the best modern Digimon game in English right now.

If you need a Digimon fix for the DS, Digimon World Dusk/Dawn are okay games. I liked the plot enough and any game that has monster collecting and raising will keep my attention. That being said, it's a bit tedious and there are points where it's easy to stop playing out of boredom.

If you want plot in your game, Digimon World DS and Digimon World Dusk/Dawn are your options.

If you don't care if you have plot, there is also Digimon World Championship, which is basically a virtual pet on the DS.

If you are willing to give up on the DS games altogether, Digimon World Re: Digitize with the fan translation is probably the best modern Digimon game in English right now.

I actually started this up earlier today and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Even though this is a remake, I'm really enjoying all the little nods to the original game and pre-anime Digimon.

Ledbetter

Alright. I'll see if I can get World DS or Dusk/Dawn somewhere. I just want to play something Digimon related and I have a DS and PS3, but I have no interest getting All Star Rumble, which I think is the only game released for this console.

I actually started this up earlier today and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Even though this is a remake, I'm really enjoying all the little nods to the original game and pre-anime Digimon.

It's really good and anyone who liked the original Digimon World needs to play it. I have some problems with it, but those are easily fixable for sequels (I think several things are already fixed in Decode).

It'll be cool if the newer games keep selling well and we get a cycle of World and Story games. Of course, 'tis only a dream at present.

Alright. I'll see if I can get World DS or Dusk/Dawn somewhere. I just want to play something Digimon related and I have a DS and PS3, but I have no interest getting All Star Rumble, which I think is the only game released for this console.

I hope you have fun. The DS Story games have a lot of flaws, but I still enjoyed them.

Stuart444

So I started Digimon World again. Ended up getting Tyrannomon as my first champion. (I don't plan on getting an Ultimate until my second Digimon).

Also:

SU4u4Ql.jpg

I always enjoyed the localization in this game lol.

The last Digimon game I've played was Rumble Arena 2 on GameCube when I rented it once. When GameStop added their retro games section I got tempted to get Digimon World 1 (lost my copy years ago) but felt it wasn't worth the price.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I tried singing Butter-Fly tonight in karaoke. It didn't go well :/ It was the only Digimon song they had. Even had a MV! The first part was the original opening, and the second part had footage of the end of Adventure and *shudder* the 02 epilogue >_> Ew.

I do wish they had other songs, but the Japanese song list was thin with what I was wanting.

So I started Digimon World again. Ended up getting Tyrannomon as my first champion. (I don't plan on getting an Ultimate until my second Digimon).

Also:

I always enjoyed the localization in this game lol.
Is that the European version? I had the US version as a child and have only played that. That's not an issue in the US version lol.
The last Digimon game I've played was Rumble Arena 2 on GameCube when I rented it once. When GameStop added their retro games section I got tempted to get Digimon World 1 (lost my copy years ago) but felt it wasn't worth the price.
It's always worth the price.

I tried singing Butter-Fly tonight in karaoke. It didn't go well :/ It was the only Digimon song they had. Even had a MV! The first part was the original opening, and the second part had footage of the end of Adventure and *shudder* the 02 epilogue >_> Ew.

I do wish they had other songs, but the Japanese song list was thin with what I was wanting.
Ouch lol

Stuart444

Is that the European version? I had the US version as a child and have only played that. That's not an issue in the US version lol.

It's always worth the price.

Yeah, PAL version.

Also has a great issue with text wrapping. Sometimes the text likes to go outside the text box in the after battle summary screen (I think it's either when an item drops sometimes or when a move/tech is learned. I forget)

Yeah, PAL version.

Also has a great issue with text wrapping. Sometimes the text likes to go outside the text box in the after battle summary screen (I think it's either when an item drops sometimes or when a move/tech is learned. I forget)
Oh wow. I'm glad my dad somehow unintentionally bought the US version in the UK now. I've been emulating it in my last two playthroughs, the opengl plugin cleans the gametup a lot, might be similar with the pal version.

It's really good and anyone who liked the original Digimon World needs to play it. I have some problems with it, but those are easily fixable for sequels (I think several things are already fixed in Decode).

It'll be cool if the newer games keep selling well and we get a cycle of World and Story games. Of course, 'tis only a dream at present.

I started up re:Digitize last night. It seems fun so far, and is definitely reminding me of the original. I hope that Next Order improves on it even more.

And alternating World and Story titles would be my preference. I hope that Media Vision are working on a Cyber Sleuth sequel right now.

Well, at least they had that. I think I could handle the TV size, but once the second part kicks in I can't really keep up.

Then again, I don't think anyone could sing well if the 02 epilogue was running.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Then again, I don't think anyone could sing well if the 02 epilogue was running.

Very cringe worthy. It would also be easier if they had roomanji on it :p Suteki da ne actually had roomanji on the Japanese lyrics, but they split the words up weird and made it tough.

Boss Doggie

Yeah I don't remember that sort of odd grammar in US. I mean yeah it still has terrible grammar but not at that part.

Also Tyrannomon is really a common Champion level in World 1 lol

Stuart444

Yeah I don't remember that sort of odd grammar in US. I mean yeah it still has terrible grammar but not at that part.

Also Tyrannomon is really a common Champion level in World 1 lol

Yeah, I messed up a bit with stats otherwise I would have gotten Greymon. Ah well. Almost wish I had trained his brains more to get Centarumon (who has proven to be better than Tyrannomon in my past playthroughs)

Also on the note of Digimon World 1: FUCK Birdramon (the one you can recruit). His fucking skill doing 700ish dmg (with 200 - 300 def on my Digimon) :/

Another anime coloured digivice announced, cheaper than the other one released :
150721_boys_csadigivice_01.jpg

http://bokutachinodigitalworld.blogspot.co.nz/2015/07/digivice-tri-ver.html?m=1

Here's what Google translate spat out of the Japanese image :
A new brand that is aimed at adult anime fan Anne, "Complete Selection Animation" first wave memorable, are to appear in "Digimon Adventure tri", "digital Ten Vice" all the various know-how that Bandai has accumulated so far Taking advantage, in the production of sticking to light and sound, and reproduce the evolution scene in the play! All Digimon fan to give ultimate Narikiri item - as a sibling brand of the latest was both value and reasonable price in the technical special effects for adults series "COMPLETE SELECTION MODIFICATION", please stay tuned please to continue to expand! The details of goods, will be released on 7/31 (gold)! All Digimon fans must see!

Boss Doggie

Yeah, I messed up a bit with stats otherwise I would have gotten Greymon. Ah well. Almost wish I had trained his brains more to get Centarumon (who has proven to be better than Tyrannomon in my past playthroughs)

Also on the note of Digimon World 1: FUCK Birdramon (the one you can recruit). His fucking skill doing 700ish dmg (with 200 - 300 def on my Digimon) :/

Isn't he the second guy who will force-fight you if you talk to Jijimon? Yeah he's an annoying one. I think I defeated him with a third version of my mon.

Stuart444

Another anime coloured digivice announced, cheaper than the other one released

So basically a 'normal' style Adventure Digivice (assuming the other ones you're talking about are the Blue/Orange ones aka Tai/Matts ones).

Isn't he the second guy who will force-fight you if you talk to Jijimon? Yeah he's an annoying one. I think I defeated him with a third version of my mon.

No, that's Airdramon who you fight at Jijimon's house when you have 45+ Prosperity points. Birdramon is this bastard:

(best image I could find on google), you face him when you go up the lift in the Great Canyon.

Frickin greymon. The only time I had to let my digimon die because he wasn't strong enough.

Greymon (who you fight when you have 15+ Prosperity Points) also destroyed me. if I had just a few more med recoveries/mp recoveries, I'd have won. :( bastard.

Also on this note, I also have trouble catching Seadramon. Hoped I could do it with the old fishing rod but now I need to work on collecting cards to trade to Shogungekomon so I can get the Amazing Rod. (for those that have forgotten, Seadramon takes you to beetleland who has Kabuterimon/Kuwagamon that can upgrade your gym making it easier to get the stat points needed when you're training your Digimon to become an Ultimate)

Also in all my playthroughs, I've never recruited Nanimon (the one you need to see 5 times at different areas such as Ogre Fortress and Factorial Town)... I need to do that this time. Same with Ninjamon except I did recruit him to the city once. YEARS ago.

"New" Digivice at a cheaper price than the over-priced one released months ago.

Those clever bastards.

Yeah, I'd feel annoyed if I bought one of those.

So basically a 'normal' style Adventure Digivice (assuming the other ones you're talking about are the Blue/Orange ones aka Tai/Matts ones).

Nah,they released a similar digivice with the omegamon upgrade,after the TAi/Matt digivices... http://withthewill.net/threads/14664-Digimon-Adventure-Anime-Design-Digivice-Being-Released-in-Japan

No, that's Airdramon who you fight at Jijimon's house when you have 45+ Prosperity points. Birdramon is this bastard:

(best image I could find on google), you face him when you go up the lift in the Great Canyon.

Greymon (who you fight when you have 15+ Prosperity Points) also destroyed me. if I had just a few more med recoveries/mp recoveries, I'd have won. :( bastard.

Also on this note, I also have trouble catching Seadramon. Hoped I could do it with the old fishing rod but now I need to work on collecting cards to trade to Shogungekomon so I can get the Amazing Rod. (for those that have forgotten, Seadramon takes you to beetleland who has Kabuterimon/Kuwagamon that can upgrade your gym making it easier to get the stat points needed when you're training your Digimon to become an Ultimate)

Also in all my playthroughs, I've never recruited Nanimon (the one you need to see 5 times at different areas such as Ogre Fortress and Factorial Town)... I need to do that this time. Same with Ninjamon except I did recruit him to the city once. YEARS ago.

Caught Nanimon by luck on my first playthrough :D , haven't managed to get him since :(. Ninjamon always appears for me, does he have certain conditions? You need the rod for seadramon, he's pretty easy to catch with the amazing rod, the card collecting was one of the funnest sidegames :D.

Stuart444

Nah,they released a similar digivice with the omegamon upgrade,after the TAi/Matt digivices... http://withthewill.net/threads/14664-Digimon-Adventure-Anime-Design-Digivice-Being-Released-in-Japan

Caught Nanimon by luck on my first playthrough :D , haven't managed to get him since :(. Ninjamon always appears for me, does he have certain conditions? You need the rod for seadramon, he's pretty easy to catch with the amazing rod, the card collecting was one of the funnest sidegames :D.

Oh, well if the pictures are anything to go by, the new one looks uhh... more like Tri's with the new animation style and stuff. Looks shinier and stuff.

And yeah Ninjamon appears when going south from the Bridge near File Island. At night. Only thing I am unsure on is how much Prosperity Points is needed to trigger him. (I think you need a certain amount of PP and then after that, it's random whenever you go to the Bridge area at night time)

Also going to play DW1 in a few. Talking about it makes me want to get back to it. I'm HOPING to catch Seadramon + beat Birdramon + Greymon and do the Ancient Dino Speedy Region before my Digimon dies but at the moment, I have a feeling only the first one will happen.

My Digi only has a few days or so I think until he dies :(

Boss Doggie

Oh this one, yeah it's annoying because of its attacks being strong.

Also he's a pretty pointless addition since he can only bring you to a place once and with a fee. You need an autopilot too. :(

Also he's a pretty pointless addition since he can only bring you to a place once and with a fee. You need an autopilot too. :(

It saves you running through gear savanna and misty swamps with a numemon to get to monzemon.

Also,to anybody in the UK, where's the cheapest place to get metalgarurumon OD edition, I know Amazon.com has it.

Boss Doggie

It saves you running through gear savanna and misty swamps with a numemon to get to monzemon.

Also,to anybody in the UK, where's the cheapest place to get metalgarurumon OD edition, I know Amazon.com has it.

I always thought he only carries to the dinosaur area (the one where time is slow) and the desert area?

Also I remember raging hard because the metal city won't open up due to a bug.

I always thought he only carries to the dinosaur area (the one where time is slow) and the desert area?

Also I remember raging hard because the metal city won't open up due to a bug.

Definitly takes you to somewhere near gear savanna+misty swamps, I used her for this alot in my first playthrough. Never heard of factorial town being bugged o_O. Did this game have many bugs? I don't remember having any issues with reaching 100 prosperity.

Stuart444

He can take you to most places you can visit.

Especially useful for the freezeland money trick (one of the Mojyamon has something that if you trade for it with as many med recoveries as you can buy from the item shop, you can then sell the item you get for even more money.). As long as you have enough money to travel and an auto pilot, infinite money (unless you recruit that Mojyamon. it's the final one you trade with that gets recruited so don't make him the final one... make him the first one you trade with XD)

Definitly takes you to somewhere near gear savanna+misty swamps, I used her for this alot in my first playthrough. Never heard of factorial town being bugged o_O. Did this game have many bugs? I don't remember having any issues with reaching 100 prosperity.

UK version had many bugs and the US had quite a few too. There is a glitch faq over on gamefaqs with many of the glitches in the game.

edit: also raged hard yesterday, I am normally MUCH better at getting Digimon but for some reason, I ended up getting Patamon consistently (and nothing I did would change that since I saved it just hours before it Digivolves from Toko to Patamon) instead of Biyomon who I wanted.

I have to change my whole plan now. Now I'm considering Unimon just for an Air tech Digimon.

How much does Amazon charge for international shipping?

$11 for import fees and $8 for postage. Total is $68.24. But they aren't letting me pay in gbp atm since it's a preorder or something i guess.

Another anime coloured digivice announced, cheaper than the other one released :
150721_boys_csadigivice_01.jpg

http://bokutachinodigitalworld.blogspot.co.nz/2015/07/digivice-tri-ver.html?m=1

Here's what Google translate spat out of the Japanese image :

So, this is apparently just a digivice which lights up at beeps.For cosplay or something. For ~57 USD / ~36 GBP ... Wut.

$11 for import fees and $8 for postage. Total is $68.24. But they aren't letting me pay in gbp atm since it's a preorder or something i guess.

So, this is apparently just a digivice which lights up at beeps.For cosplay or something. For ~57 USD / ~36 GBP ... Wut.

Huh, that sucks. Does Bluefin Distribution itself do international shipping and preorders?

Also, when looking that up, I saw that ChaosDukemon will be released in the US. (If no one knew that already.)

And lol at that ridiculously priced Digivice. I thought the functioning ones were bad.

Found this old picture of my Digivices a few days ago. It's an old one, so it's missing the last few I've picked up (namely the Xros Loader and the Adventure reissue).

xuzC0rjl.jpg

It's kind of funny -- there's this point-of-no-return in my relationships where I decide to show my SO the "Digivice drawer." As long as they're cool with that, we're good, haha.

Speaking of Xros Wars, I've been messing around with my Japanese Xros Loader for the past few days. Even though the Adventure reissue has nostalgia going for it, I forgot how just how cool the XL was...that backlit color screen really is a godsend when you go back to it. Hate that they didn't decide to add something like that or substantially upgrade the Adventure reissues. I mean, the originals are pretty expensive in any region, but it's not like there aren't a ton of them out there already. Wish Bandai would have done something cooler.

Boss Doggie

Yeah DW1 has weird bugs like a gamebreaker where your game would crash the moment you enter the final dungeon.

Didn't know about that Mojyamon trick though.

Stuart444

And lol at that ridiculously priced Digivice. I thought the functioning ones were bad.

Overpriced for good reasons :p Collectors will buy it. People who must own them all, etc lol.

Yeah DW1 has weird bugs like a gamebreaker where your game would crash the moment you enter the final dungeon.

Didn't know about that Mojyamon trick though.

Yeah, I heard about that bug :/ never came across it thankfully.

I did once come across the Ogremon Fortress bug that was in the PAL version which iirc stops you from entering the fortress. Been a long time since I came across it but it did annoy me.

Also there's the Jukebox glitch where if you try to interact with it, your game crashes so you can never access the in-game jukebox. :( (I'm not sure if it's a PAL or NTSC only glitch or if it's both. I may test it out when I complete the game this time since I've been too scared to do it in the past lol)

Top Bottom