• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Community Thread |OT| For all the Digidestined on GAF

Huh, that sucks. Does Bluefin Distribution itself do international shipping and preorders?

Also, when looking that up, I saw that ChaosDukemon will be released in the US. (If no one knew that already.)

And lol at that ridiculously priced Digivice. I thought the functioning ones were bad.
That's what I'd like to know lol. Since they're a us supplier there should be other places with it, but I couldn't find any others which looked legit /shipped internationally.

That's what I'd like to know lol. Since they're a us supplier there should be other places with it, but I couldn't find any others which looked legit /shipped internationally.

I know Barnes and Noble (I think they ship international) gets stuff from them, but they don't usually have it online for preorder.

Unfortunately, Amazon is probably your best bet. Could you buy an US Amazon giftcard then preorder it?

Ah yea the jukebox bug. Sucks because the game has some decent music.
I didn't really care about the jukebox in my subsequent playththroughs, but I think I remember my brother telling me not to touch it or the save would corrupt lol. That and kokatorimon seemed like the only buggy digimon,but kokatorimon may have been our fault.
I know Barnes and Noble (I think they ship international) gets stuff from them, but they don't usually have it online for preorder.

Unfortunately, Amazon is probably your best bet. Could you buy an US Amazon giftcard then preorder it?
Ah, thanks, I'll probably just wait until it releases so I can pay in gbp, not in a rush =D.

Stuart444

I didn't really care about the jukebox in my subsequent playththroughs, but I think I remember my brother telling me not to touch it or the save would corrupt lol. That and kokatorimon seemed like the only buggy digimon,but kokatorimon may have been our fault. .

I don't think I ever had an issue with Kokatorimon.

I don't think I ever had an issue with Kokatorimon.
Yeah, this was back in the day around 2000-2001 internet where faqs had different information so we had difficulty finding the place where he was with a ultimate digimon at the same time >_<. Was the last digimon to 100 prosperity lol.
Yeah, they usually don't sell out too quickly. (Famous last words.)

The alphamon and imperialdramon haven't so I'm hoping this doesn't either >_<
Edit- apparently i can order within 2 weeks of dispatch so that's great.

I finally got my first perfect in Re:Digitize. It's Blue Meramon. I'm just happy to get one after my first two adults had died at the end of their lifespans.

This game is a lot of fun for me so far. Hopefully I can figure out a way to play decode eventually. Next Order should be awesome if they can successfully build off of this.

Stuart444

I finally got my first perfect in Re:Digitize. It's Blue Meramon. I'm just happy to get one after my first two adults had died at the end of their lifespans.

This game is a lot of fun for me so far. Hopefully I can figure out a way to play decode eventually. Next Order should be awesome if they can successfully build off of this.

It's weird that you can get BlueMeramon for once instead of just fighting it lol :p.

So in Digimon World, with Patamon, I ended up going for Angemon -> kill it to get Devimon -> learn Megalo Spark -> beat Greymon with OP move -> recruit Kabuterimon (damn needing the Arena to recruit him) -> Beat Birdramon with OP move -> digivolve to Megadramon (didn't have the stats but I had the Bonus Condition/CM/Weight requirements :D ) -> Save Whamon from Ogre -> Save Drill Tunnel from Ogre -> return to town and save it with a satisfying press of a button :p lol.

That's pretty much the last few hours or so for me. got 40 Prosperity points now as well

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I forgot, what did Kokatorimon do? Is he a cook like Garurumon and Mamemon? Because iirc the cook bug is regional I think.

Speaking of which fuck the lack of WereGarurumon :(

Stuart444

I forgot, what did Kokatorimon do? Is he a cook like Garurumon and Mamemon? Because iirc the cook bug is regional I think.

Speaking of which fuck the lack of WereGarurumon :(

He makes a statue.

The only cooks are I defo know of are Garurumon, Meramon (not sure about Mamemon I'll admit lol) and Digitamamon.

My favourite recruit in Digimon World is Penguinmon because Curling. I enjoy that mini-game <3

He makes a statue.

The only cooks are I defo know of are Garurumon, Meramon (not sure about Mamemon I'll admit lol) and Digitamamon.

My favourite recruit in Digimon World is Penguinmon because Curling. I enjoy that mini-game <3
This is why it's one of the best games. Complex systems, mini games and a huge map fitted on a ~700mb cd on a ps1, full games released on last gen had less content!

Boss Doggie

I wish we get a bugfree version with all the intended mons in

I'm still bitter about WereGarurumon only appearing in 2 console games :mad:

I wish we get a bugfree version with all the intended mons in

I'm still bitter about WereGarurumon only appearing in 2 console games :mad:
Yup it was weird they didn't include him. Maybe he wasn't designed when the game was being developed since digimon was only Supposed to air until the devimon arc iirc.

Stuart444

Yup it was weird they didn't include him. Maybe he wasn't designed when the game was being developed since digimon was only Supposed to air until the devimon arc iirc.

The game was made + released before the anime in Japan.

This is why Gomamon wasn't in the game at all and Tentomon was the only unique Rookie that you couldn't get in any way. (recruit or as a partner).

According to wikipedia, Digimon World was released 2 months (January 1999) before Adventure started airing (March 1999) so imagine it was in development since at least early on in 1998 before Adventure was even conceived. (or possibly it was early on in it's conception before any deal was made to produce the anime).

All speculation of course but yeah the games being based off the Vpets explain a lot of the decisions such as no Mega/Ultimate level Digimon and just Perfect/Ultimate level apart from H-Kabuterimon and Phoenixmon who were listed as Perfect/Ultimate level in the game. There is also Digimon you can get through gameshark codes aka Digimon that were taken out of the game for some reason. (Weregarurumon, Panjyamon, MetalEtemon and Gigadramon are the ones I can see on some of the gameshark code lists).

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/913684-digimon-world/50247534

A list of gameshark codes ^

Supposed to air until the devimon arc iirc.

Also I am sure I saw a link debunking that in an interview with someone. I forget where I read it though,.

Also I am sure I saw a link debunking that in an interview with someone. I forget where I read it though,.

Yeah, Digimon was always planned to run for a full year.

What some people get tripped up on is the fact that the staff have said in interviews that they had no plans beyond the Devimon arc when they started. Not because they were only going to do that; they just really were making it up as they went along and had no real clue what they were going to do next. Hikari wasn't even going to be in the series at first, but they liked her design in the movie so they decided to add her to the story.

I wonder when they decided to make the Vaccine version of MetalGreymon. Do you think they ever planned on using the original for the anime?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Finally got around to playing Re:Digitize...haven't really touched it much.

Damn, getting an Ultimate (dub-term) in this is really easy, got MagnaAngemon on my first try. Didn't go for a Mega just yet though, and he died after a pretty long-life---think it was partially my fault because I kept failing that Bomb Mini-Game to get Garurumon.

I still think this game is a major step-down from the original Digimon World though because it completely removes the risk-and-reward by being far easier and letting you save anywhere. I also don't like how the city building is handled in this---the city looks really full and lively from the beginning, where in World 1 it was empty and there was a better sense of growth as you recruited more Digimon.

By the way, they released a new patch to fix freezing issues on the PSP---will it be compatible with my current save-file or do I need to restart?

Stuart444

I wonder when they decided to make the Vaccine version of MetalGreymon. Do you think they ever planned on using the original for the anime?

I think it's because in the anime, it wouldn't make much sense for MetalGreymon to be Virus for Taichi's digimon because none of the other evos were Virus and because they had already seen SkullGreymon which was a virus type.

I guess they did it cause it just made sense for the anime?

Damn, getting an Ultimate (dub-term) in this is really easy, got MagnaAngemon on my first try. Didn't go for a Mega just yet though, and he died after a pretty long-life---think it was partially my fault because I kept failing that Bomb Mini-Game to get Garurumon.

I still think this game is a major step-down from the original Digimon World though because it completely removes the risk-and-reward by being far easier and letting you save anywhere. I also don't like how the city building is handled in this---the city looks really full and lively from the beginning, where in World 1 it was empty and there was a better sense of growth as you recruited more Digimon.

By the way, they released a new patch to fix freezing issues on the PSP---will it be compatible with my current save-file or do I need to restart?

Should be compatible I'd imagine.

Yeah, my biggest problems were the difficulty, small amount of Digimon, and the lack of visual reward for recruiting. I always thought they should have toned down the obtuseness of the first game, but it went too far in the other direction. The amount of Digimon is disappointing considering how many more have been added since the first game. And more than half the recruitable Digimon just stand there doing nothing.

That being said, I still enjoyed it a lot, and it's easy to see the potential for sequels.

Also yes, it should be compatible.

Boss Doggie

but the game had wargreymon :x

Also Were's files are in it, but you can only get the digivolving item through GS and even then it'd bug your game out

I think it's because in the anime, it wouldn't make much sense for MetalGreymon to be Virus for Taichi's digimon because none of the other evos were Virus and because they had already seen SkullGreymon which was a virus type.

I guess they did it cause it just made sense for the anime?

Data and Vaccine get to represent, but Virus isn't good enough, eh?

That's Digi-racism right there.

Stuart444

Data and Vaccine get to represent, but Virus isn't good enough, eh?

That's Digi-racism right there.

Back in Adventure, Virus was considered evil mostly (Ogremon even makes reference to it at the end of Adventure when he leaves because he's the only Virus Digimon there) :p

Things changed as the series' went on lol.

Back in Adventure, Virus was considered evil mostly (Ogremon even makes reference to it at the end of Adventure when he leaves because he's the only Virus Digimon there) :p

Things changed as the series' went on lol.

They were a product of their environment. All those uppity Vaccines and weak-sauce Datas :p

Boss Doggie

Also a bunch of Vaccines are assholes (see Royal Knights)

XW never made a point on what type the new mons are, though I think Shoutmon is Vaccine... though actually considering his attitude I'd put him as a Virus.

Stuart444

So I have completed the first section of Digimon World (aka up to Mt Infinity the first time with the first lot of credits). Megadramon, aged 17 was the Digimon who beat Machinedramon and also learned DG Dimension off... the Megadramon you face in Mt Infinity XD. :D I have most of the hard to get Mech moves now apart from one or two.

I also have 77 prosperity points including 2 of the 3 the rare spawn Digimon (Piximon, Metalmamemon) and plan to get the final one (Mamemon) when I can. Most likely with my next Ultimate since Megadramon will die soon.

Next Digimon will be Monzaemon via Numemon (to put on the suit in Toy Town) since I need to do it to finish Toy Town.

On the bright side, apart from Mamemon, Warumonzaemon and Tyrannomon, I have most of the tough Digimon gotten now.

I might also try my luck in some tournaments and maybe play some Curling once I have 100 Prosperity Points just for fun :D

Man, I love this game. <3

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
GUYS! GUYS I'M MAD

http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-11630.html

IT WENT UP ON BIJ ALREADY AND FREAKIN SOLD OUT!!! I NEED THIS!! OMG HOW DID I MISS IT?!?!

EDIT: I freaked out and bought the only one on eBay. I freakin just spent $118 on a Ken figure. Yup. It was already a pricey one to begin with and this guy is definitely swimming in profits, but I did NOT want to take a chance. Just pissed that I missed it on BiJ and could've saved A LOT. Stupid Bandai exclusives... >_< (Watch as one like, $20 cheaper pops up on eBay tomorrow... My luck in a nutshell.)

EDIT2: with pics since I stopped freaking out (WORTH EVERY PENNY)

1000098655_1.jpg

1000098655_7.jpg

GUYS! GUYS I'M MAD

IT WENT UP ON BIJ ALREADY AND FREAKIN SOLD OUT!!! I NEED THIS!! OMG HOW DID I MISS IT?!?!

EDIT: I freaked out and bought the only one on eBay. I freakin just spent $118 on a Ken figure. Yup. It was already a pricey one to begin with and this guy is definitely swimming in profits, but I did NOT want to take a chance. Just pissed that I missed it on BiJ and could've saved A LOT. Stupid Bandai exclusives... >_< (Watch as one like, $20 cheaper pops up on eBay tomorrow... My luck in a nutshell.)

Pre orders only just went live today... Other places will have it up eventually... EBay priced are always like double the amount, you can always cancel it

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Pre orders only just went live today... Other places will have it up eventually... EBay priced are always like double the amount, you can always cancel it

Yeah of course a few more went up today >_> Hmmm I'm using my good eBay account so any recommendations on cancelling the order without getting bad feedback? :/

"*For pre-sale item*
Cancellation of 1 months after the purchase will take 15% service fee."

I think I'm safe then? They just worried on Paypal fees I think.

I asked in email anyways just saying that I ordered the wrong thing :x

Yeah of course a few more went up today >_> Hmmm I'm using my good eBay account so any recommendations on cancelling the order without getting bad feedback? :/

"*For pre-sale item*
Cancellation of 1 months after the purchase will take 15% service fee."

I think I'm safe then? They just worried on Paypal fees I think.

I asked in email anyways just saying that I ordered the wrong thing :x

They can't take any of it, PayPal and eBay refund the fees to them if you cancel /return. At least that's what happened with me when somebody ordered the wrong item.

-Ryn

Banned
GUYS! GUYS I'M MAD

My phone only loaded Kens head and I thought it was a chick for a sec.

Congratz and stuff

Stuart444

So I have completed Digimon World (not 100% all medals/cards/Digimon raised/etc but still close enough lol):

100 prosperity points + the medal (yes one of the text issues in the EU version is cutting text off on this screen)

And of course I took Machinedramon on and beat him for the second time in the Back Dimension (which appeared for me in Grey Lords mansion)

And while I have no pictures of these events, after returning to File City, I took on Penguinmon and lost to him at Curling (;_;) and then I did an A-Rank tournament at the arena.

And finally, the Jukebox does work in the EU version :D. It also has some great typos including "Normal Battel 1", "Grey Load's" and of course:

The EU version has so many typos and grammar errors, it just makes this so funny not including the hilarious and awkward dialogue.

I posted some more of the typos on the Jukebox on my twitter:

https://twitter.com/Stuart444/status/624743119565783040

I am laughing more than I should but it's just too funny, especially when you can see them on the same screen >.> (like near the end, Normal Battle 1, Normal Battel 2 one after the other haha.)

Mr-Joker

Banned

What some people get tripped up on is the fact that the staff have said in interviews that they had no plans beyond the Devimon arc when they started. Not because they were only going to do that; they just really were making it up as they went along and had no real clue what they were going to do next. Hikari wasn't even going to be in the series at first, but they liked her design in the movie so they decided to add her to the story.

Yeah you can tell that they were making it up as they went along during the Dark Master Arc in Digimon Adventure which kinda carried over in Adventure 02.

I-hate-u

Even though they were making stuff up on the spot, I always liked the consistency of the characters they maintained, and the wonderful growth mini-arcs. Taichi and Koushiro will alway be some of my favorites because of this.

I agree with Mr-Joker too. I thought they had the story well done until some of the episodes of the Dark Master season. Hikari was always a question mark after the Vandemon arc, specifically the Mugendramon episode. They just went haywire with her character, heralding her as a Messiah or whatnot.

Stuart444

Even though they were making stuff up on the spot, I always liked the consistency of the characters they maintained, and the wonderful growth mini-arcs. Taichi and Koushiro will alway be some of my favorites because of this.

I agree with Mr-Joker too. I thought they had the story well done until some of the episodes of the Dark Master season. Hikari was always a question mark after the Vandemon arc, specifically the Mugendramon episode. They just went haywire with her character, heralding her as a Messiah or whatnot.

Her crest was so OP. Frees slaves, powers up Digimon allowing them to regain energy & Digivolve and she gets to free slaves (kinda) in 02 with the chains in ep 13.

This aspect of her got totally ignored after that >.> along with her brother issues, etc.

*mumble mumble still annoyed*

If they don't complete Hikari's arc in Tri (whatever that may entail), I will be really REALLY disappointed.

She and Tailmon get shafted so badly.

Stuart444

If they don't complete Hikari's arc in Tri (whatever that may entail), I will be really REALLY disappointed.

She and Tailmon get shafted so badly.

I don't think they will.

I just hope for everyone to get some screen time (especially her) and some focus besides Matt/Tai.

6 OVAs over who knows how long. I think I will get what I want.

I hope ;_;

I don't think they will.

I just hope for everyone to get some screen time (especially her) and some focus besides Matt/Tai.

6 OVAs over who knows how long. I think I will get what I want.

I hope ;_;

I'm sure they will all get a focus. At least enough to get their Ultimate/Mega forms. Then the rest of the 5 OVAs will be about Tai and Yamato having a spat of some sort.

Tree trickery may or may not be involved.

I-hate-u

Yeah, it being an OVA now, I expect the usual 2-3 character count to be pushed to the side. What a load of disappointment this ordeal is/was.

We actually might not have some of the 6 remaining Digimon reach their Ultimate level, let alone fleshing of characters :/

Stuart444

I still think the idea of it being a theatrical OVA trend is weird...

At least the animation will be awesome o/ (or should be anyway).

Almost 1st of August aka Adventure fest. Hopefully a new trailer soon :D (or should I say an actual trailer rather than a teaser)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
At least the animation will be awesome o/ (or should be anyway).

(Plz no Sailor Moon Crystal...) But seriously, Cose Geass Akito and Black Butler: Book of Murder are a couple other examples of having episodic theatrical OVAs, so it's kind of a new thing going on.

Oh, I also happened to successfully cancel that order :) Seller already gave me positive feedback prior, so I gave them the same because they were good about it and yeah.
(Then I ordered the cheaper one for almost $40 less... That's a whole other figure worth of money right there!!)

Also a bunch of Vaccines are assholes (see Royal Knights)

XW never made a point on what type the new mons are, though I think Shoutmon is Vaccine... though actually considering his attitude I'd put him as a Virus.

Having looked at Wikimon recently Shoutmon and all Xross Wars Digimons flat out dont have any types.

Its actually interesting, since 02 cast Digimon also have no types. Its a current thing as well since Vmon and others were given No type- classification in Cyber Sleuth. Thats kind of odd since I do remember some old cards mention Vmon as Vaccine.

Whats even weirder that technically there exists 4 different variations of No types. Thats so stupid.

Also regarding Digimon World, I do think that only Machinedramon was actually created specifically for Digimon World, besides Penguinmon and Ninjamon who were also original for Digimon World. Besides changing from Ultimate/Perfect to Mega/Ultimate, Machinedramon was the only one who got redesigned.

hqdefault.jpg

Mugendramon.jpg

The old head does look good, so I dunno why the change happened.

I think Penguinmon did not have Vpet appereances in 1999 Vpets as well and Ninjamon had very late appereance and redesigned LCD sprite.

gfs_47308_2_59.jpg

Igamon_vpet_pen.gif

Boss Doggie

I always figured Shoutmon would fit more as a Virus type due to his attitude.

Also the poor kid in DW1 never makes cameo appearances.

Didn't know Mugendramon is from DW1 though.

Sorry, I didn't make it clear. In terms of Digimon I have to actually fight.

To get Monzaemon, I need to fight Warumonzaemon and all.

Yeah and it was annoying since Nunemon kinda sucks lol

Digimon Adventure Fes Day 2

No sign of day 1, but day 2 of the festival will be on nico nico HOWEVER you will only be able to access all of the stream by buying a net ticket (if not, you'll only see some of the stream).

Net tickets are available here: https://secure.live.nicovideo.jp/event/digimonadventurefes for 1080 nico points/1080 yen (though you can't buy just 80 nico points so more like 1500 yen for 1500 points).

EDIT: I forgot to mention that it would be a 500 point purchase then a 1000 point purchase oops.

No sign of day 1, but day 2 of the festival will be on nico nico HOWEVER you will only be able to access all of the stream by buying a net ticket (if not, you'll only see some of the stream).

Net tickets are available here: https://secure.live.nicovideo.jp/event/digimonadventurefes for 1080 nico points/1080 yen (though you can't buy just 80 nico points so more like 1500 yen for 1500 points).

EDIT: I forgot to mention that it would be a 500 point purchase then a 1000 point purchase oops.
Patamon confirmed :
https://twitter.com/Digi_advntr15th/status/624898379714162689?s=09

Stuart444

Yeah and it was annoying since Nunemon kinda sucks lol

Maybe but if you save it for your second Digimon like I did (well actually third Digimon for me but second after my first Ultimate) and you make sure to reach toy town + have Birdramon for transportation then once you get Numemon, you can use quick travel to Misty trees with Numemon and immediately go and put on the Monzaemon suit and Digivolve.

All of his stats got boosted from being very weak to Ultimate level stats. (ie 700~ HP to 2500 - 3000HP) plus with Megalo Spark, Monzaemon just wrecked Toy Town and the rest of the game. (which wasn't much since I had recruited all but 3 - 4 Digimon by this point XD)

It's hilarious watching my weakest Digimon become my most powerful Digimon in one fell swoop XD.

hmm... tempting. >_>

(also yay new PV :D )

Also, on day 1 wormmon and veemon's voice actors will be there as shown here.

I can see why day 1 won't get shown on stream (though seeing comments flying across the screen while our war game is shown would probably be an interesting experience XD).

Top Bottom