• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth announced for NA - PS4 Retail / PSVita Digital

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
More importantly you people just better pray that they didnt go lowball the translations for the localization...

Stuart444

More importantly you people just better pray that they didnt go lowball the translations for the localization...

If you're comparing this to the SAO thing, this is being done from scratch. We won't get an Engrish translation.

Seriously, I'm sure the localization will be just fine.

Need more love for winged kitties!

Does Duftmon Leopard Mode count?

iyLuAVd.jpg

Parakeetman

If you're comparing this to the SAO thing, this is being done from scratch. We won't get an Engrish translation.

Seriously, I'm sure the localization will be just fine.

You do realize SAO was also done from scratch right?

The original fucked up script mind you. And not the passover that it got when it was brought to the West.

Just something to think about lol.

Stuart444

You do realize SAO was also done from scratch right?

For the asian market, it was done/commissioned by Bandai Namco Asia and then slightly edited for outside the Asian market.

This is being commissioned by Bandai Namco America for the western market and will be done by people who are fluent in English.

I don't think Bandai Namco America or Europe have ever done something like what they did with SAO and used an asian-Engrish script like that for western markets. So I don't think we have anything to worry about.

edit: just to say the original comment implying SAO wasn't done from Scratch. I meant that as in the western version. Of course the original script done for Asia was done from Scratch.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah, Hatsuu from XSEED mentioned that pre-ordering niche games really helps show support for these types of games at retailers. Definitely going to pre-order this one when I get the chance.

The guy at Sega who was doing Yakuza 4 at the time said similar stressing that it is THE most important thing during his interview with Classic Game Room.

kind of funny how anti-preorder gaf is yet curious why certain games dont come out over here

Stuart444

The guy at Sega who was doing Yakuza 4 at the time said similar stressing that it is THE most important thing during his interview with Classic Game Room.

kind of funny how anti-preorder gaf is yet curious why certain games dont come out over here

I personally think niche games are the SAFEST games to pre-order because outside of a few exceptions they are usually the least broken games that usually require the least amount of patches. At least in comparison to bigger games which anti-pre-order people are usually against.

I've never been burned by games I've pre-ordered anyway :D

Shin-Ra

This could polish up very nicely indeed.

B6wGXF.jpg

IfmAv3.jpg

1. High-res UI art
  2. High-res character shadows
  3. High-res baked environment shadows
  4. 4xMSAA+
  5. 60fps
And they're well on their way to a great looking, stylish game with little more than a 'AA' Vita game budget.

Parakeetman

For the asian market, it was done/commissioned by Bandai Namco Asia and then slightly edited for outside the Asian market.

This is being commissioned by Bandai Namco America for the western market and will be done by people who are fluent in English.

I don't think Bandai Namco America or Europe have ever done something like what they did with SAO and used an asian-Engrish script like that for western markets. So I don't think we have anything to worry about.

edit: just to say the original comment implying SAO wasn't done from Scratch. I meant that as in the western version. Of course the original script done for Asia was done from Scratch.

Lets hope so lol.

Parakeetman

I'm just hoping this isn't the end of Digimon games XD (in the west at least though I think no other games have been announced console/hand held wise since CS?)

No idea, guess Japan will see how the movie / new series does and from there decide if they want to pursue further titles.

Its no surprise that they have not announced something new yet though. As its not like Digimon games were something all that common anyways these days. At least the game was rather well received. And if they do another would imagine they will be using Suzuhito Yasuda's art again.

Isn't the character art from the Devil Survivor guy as well?

Yeah Suzuhito Yasuda

Stuart444

No idea, guess Japan will see how the movie / new series does and from there decide if they want to pursue further titles.

Its no surprise that they have not announced something new yet though. As its not like Digimon games were something all that common anyways these days. At least the game was rather well received. And if they do another would imagine they will be using Suzuhito Yasuda's art again.

Yeah Suzuhito Yasuda

His art is great <3.

And yeah, guess we'll see how things go in the future.

oti

Banned
I liked Digimon up to the season with the cards.
I liked the first Digimon game on PS1, in which your Digimon goes potty all the time.
Will I like this?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I liked the first Digimon game on PS1, in which your Digimon goes potty all the time.
Will I like this?

You missed best Digimon season :/

I should probably also plug the all-new DigimonGAF OT here for those that wish to discuss anything and everything Digimon :)

Will I like this?

This isn't much like the first game (look into the Re: Digitize fan translation for that).

But if you like Digimon, monster collection, and turned based JRPGs then there's a good chance you'll like this.

oti

Banned
You missed best Digimon season :/

I should probably also plug the all-new DigimonGAF OT here for those that wish to discuss anything and everything Digimon :)

Oh no wait, wanted to write including season 3. Stopped caring when the kids became Digimon themselves. That was dumb.

This isn't much like the first game (look into the Re: Digitize fan translation for that).

But if you like Digimon, monster collection, and turned based JRPGs then there's a good chance you'll like this.

OK then. I'm so hyped for the new show, I'll have this on my radar.

Stuart444

And I guess I'll plug the Import OT as well which has impressions from importers on the game along with the Japanese trailers/screenshots. (I don't think I have yet in here lol. I've lost track with the amount of times the site has gone down while trying to read this thread >.> )

And I guess I'll plug the Import OT as well which has impressions from importers on the game along with the Japanese trailers/screenshots. (I don't think I have yet in here lol. I've lost track with the amount of times the site has gone down while trying to read this thread >.> )

The digihype was just too digireal for NeoGAF to digihandle.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Oh no wait, wanted to write including season 3. Stopped caring when the kids became Digimon themselves. That was dumb.

Yeah Frontier is not really a... favorite season. You should check out the season that came after that though: Digimon Savers/Data Squad. It's really good! Main guy punches Digimon square in the face!

oti

Banned
Yeah Frontier is not really a... favorite season. You should check out the season that came after that though: Digimon Savers/Data Squad. It's really good! Main guy punches Digimon square in the face!

Is it the season with them owning those iPods as Digivices? Never watched it. Saw a Japanese trailer though (many years ago) and something about the art style felt a bit off if I remember correctly.

Anyway, will check it out. Thanks.

zeopower6

2016 is quite a while. I hope they put quality translation this time.

A lot of games seem to be coming in 2016. Not really surprised though, we're at the halfway point of 2015. Any games that would have been coming out this year would already be announced barring any surprises.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
2016 will be death of many wallets. I just... cannot comprehend how many miracles have happened in one month alone. My goodness dreams can come true...

Parakeetman

Already had that linked in the OP from the start. lol

Though as always people dont read shit.

Shengar

A lot of games seem to be coming in 2016. Not really surprised though, we're at the halfway point of 2015. Any games that would have been coming out this year would already be announced barring any surprises.

I guess it's possible to release it this year, but Fall 2015 is already jampacked as it is so it might be better to "delay" and announce them for 2016 release.
Well, that makes me think that Bamco wouldn't score the hattrick on hunting action release with God Eater 2 since that one might be 2016 release too.

Wazzy

Banned
It's going to be hard deciding which Digimon I want as my final party.

I'm leaning towards MetalGarurumon, Wargreymon and any of Veemon's final evo's but I'm also tempted to have Terriermon. D:

I guess it's possible to release it this year, but Fall 2015 is already jampacked as it is so it might be better to "delay" and announce them for 2016 release.
Well, that makes me think that Bamco wouldn't score the hattrick on hunting action release with God Eater 2 since that one might be 2016 release too.

Well, there's a few things to consider after all :

- Fall 2015 is already what I consider a "abundance of riches" when it comes to JRPGs/Japanese games.
- The first part of Digimon Tri only releases on Nov.

If I were Bamco, I think it's a good idea to at least have 2-3 episodes of Digimon Tri out first, especially say, at a good cliffhanger episode, get the fever high, then release Cyber Sleuth to sate that Digimon thirst.

I wasn't interested in the game
then why are you here?
but this has my curiosity.

I don't want to oversell it too much, I'm not saying you'll like this if you like SMT, but the story, battling, and evolving mechanics are closer to it than Pokemon. The Devil Survivor guy being the artist doesn't hurt either.

Top Bottom