• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth announced for NA - PS4 Retail / PSVita Digital

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
dc95f89e41a58de6b7f93bc1bdcc04988a38ddfcf7942d1b38fed47aeee27fd0.jpg

qrLEV.gif

I'm just being honest about the market realities. The Vita isn't even on its last legs anymore in NA right now, let alone in 2016. I'm just glad its coming out at all, I'll probably get it on my Vita unless the PS4 version looks much better.

"Market realities" as you so... gracefully... put it are irrelevant in whether or not people should complain when a product does not meet the standards that they would like. That's the job of the consumer and admonishing people for it is counterproductive, regardless of your perceived feasibility.

Cool news but is this game any good?
Pros:
  • Solid story that would fit in as a season of the anime.
  • Awesome soundtrack.
  • Beautiful visuals and design.
  • Addictive evolving/devolving mechanic.
  • Agumon and Gabumon (and other characters but mostly them)

Cons:
  • Way too easy until late game.
  • Repetitive dungeons when doing repetitive side quests.
  • I feel like the MC shouldn't have been a silent protagonist. It hinders the story a bit, imo.
  • Missing some Digimon (not sure if that should be a con because 240 is a lot, but some might find their favorites missing)

Pros:
  • Solid story that would fit in as a season of the anime.
  • Awesome soundtrack.
  • Beautiful visuals and design.
  • Addictive evolving/devolving mechanic.
  • Agumon and Gabumon (and other characters but mostly them)

Cons:
  • Way too easy until late game.
  • Repetitive dungeons when doing repetitive side quests.
  • I feel like the MC shouldn't have been a silent protagonist. It hinders the story a bit, imo.
  • Missing some Digimon (not sure if that should be a con because 240 is a lot, but some might find their favorites missing)

So it's basically Persona 4: Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth

sounds great to me.

I'm going to buy it for Vita, but I may very well double dip when I buy a PS4, especially if there's cross save.

edit: No Raydramon? :(

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Hatsuu from XSEED mentioned that pre-ordering niche games really helps show support for these types of games at retailers. Definitely going to pre-order this one when I get the chance.

Exactly. I've heard some of the smaller companies not only bank on first week numbers, but seeing pre-order numbers is a good indication of how numbers will be before they put them out for sale. Not to mention that stores do use pre-order numbers to figure out how many extra copies they need to allocate for extras to be sold in the store (which is usually only a couple).

Pre-ordering games from smaller publishers is a completely different animal than pre-ordering from giant AAA companies. Oh and Nintendo, because they never print enough anymore >_>

delSai

Fuck yeah we did it guys! Goin to get it day one, can't wait.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't this game have some kind of online coliseum where you can fight other players?

Tizoc

Digimon crashed GAF.
Not Pokemon
Not Yokai Watch

Digimon.

The hype is real.

So no retail Vita release in English? Will still hope there'll be a limited print run >_<

This is a joke right? Does Bandai even care?

This seems like a very "experimental" and super low risk project for Bamco. Since it's english only (not even dubbed apparently) they probably expect it not to do very well in Europe since kids can't read it. Hard to say how big the adult Digimon market really is.

It's unfortunate but PS4 is region free so whatever. I'm still EXCITED that it's coming at all

NolbertoS

So now north America and Europe have no vita physical :'(. Will hope the Asian region gets one, or I may have to get the PS4 version for cross saving.

Just English subs, huh? Not surprising, but kind of a shame either way. Could have got some of the Saban magic. :V

Anyway, godisreal.gif

This seems like a very "experimental" and super low risk project for Bamco. Since it's english only (not even dubbed apparently) they probably expect it not to do very well in Europe since kids can't read it. Hard to say how big the adult Digimon market really is.

It's unfortunate but PS4 is region free so whatever. I'm still EXCITED that it's coming at all

It is surprisingly really big. Especially in Germany where it was as big as Pokemon when it came out.

BandaiUk(Twitter) wrote that Digitalonly is the plan right know. So there is a chance for Retail if more people write them about it.

convo

The demand for Digimon in my age group in germany is not to be trifled with easily i tell you what.

It is surprisingly really big. Especially in Germany where it was as big as Pokemon when it came out.

BandaiUk(Twitter) wrote that Digitalonly is the plan right know. So there is a chance for Retail if more people write them about it.

The demand for Digimon in my age group in germany is not to be trifled with easily i tell you what.

Heh, I'm from Germnay as well, so I understand. :) Just trying to rationalize the decision. Digimon is the best!

So it's basically Persona 4: Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth

sounds great to me.

I'm going to buy it for Vita, but I may very well double dip when I buy a PS4, especially if there's cross save.

edit: No Raydramon? :(

Nope, and without armor evolutions, Armadillomon and Hawkmon's lines become a little less exciting to work with.

Alo0oy

Banned
YESSS.

For those that imported it. I played the first 3 on PS1, which one is it closest to? I liked 1 & 3 but I thought 2 sucked ass.

Parakeetman

Now that the site is sort of working again was able to add the updated info for folks in the EU to the OP.

I'm quite surprised that the PS4 version is not getting a physical release in Europe considering it's doing extremely well commercially. I thought the high sales would be enough to warrant a retail version... =/

Kambing

Pretty hyped. My daughter is super into Digimon so hoping to play this together with her on PS4! Was more of a pokemon guy growing up but this looks real fun. No concrete release date though?

Stuart444

YESSS.

For those that imported it. I played the first 3 on PS1, which one is it closest to? I liked 1 & 3 but I thought 2 sucked ass.

If you need to compare it, it's like the 3rd one the most.

Early, it's an EARLY port. Meaning it's not been completed yet, it's not out til next year after all.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Question, is this game easily accessible to newcomers? I never gave a crap about digimon when i was younger and never watched the show or anything, but this game seems interesting

Parakeetman

Pretty hyped. My daughter is super into Digimon so hoping to play this together with her on PS4! Was more of a pokemon guy growing up but this looks real fun. No concrete release date though?

Btw depending on how old your daughter is, you might want to look at some of the character designs first.

http://digimonstory-cs.bngames.net/chara/chara.php#top

Since the game was designed to be aimed more towards older fans who are now adults rather than kids.

Question, is this game easily accessible to newcomers? I never gave a crap about digimon when i was younger and never watched the show or anything, but this game seems interesting

Game is hella easy. You should have no problems playing with no experience with the series.

Steel

Banned

Nothing in the article you linked says the game won't have an english dub. Neither the trailer or the article.

Top Bottom