• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth announced for NA - PS4 Retail / PSVita Digital

Steel

Banned
Didn't see that coming. Hope it doesn't get the sword art treatment in localization. I'll be really disappointed if there's no dub.

Yasumi

Banned
you played the actual Vita release? or are you basing this on some trailer or video you watched?
The first three and last one are actually bullshots, but the rest are legit. It probably looks like the bullshots when you're playing it on the Vita.

don't they look almost similar to the PS3 versions?
I don't see how the PS4 version is gonna be much better (bar the preferences to play on a big screen and all that) - it seems like Bamco is just doing minimum portjob with a minimal up-scale

I know, and I don't think anyone is expecting them to pull a magic trick with it; But I think you underestimate just how much a jump from 544p to 1080p does for a game's visuals, as does better anti-aliasing. If you put both versions in front on me and told me to pick, I'd obviously go with the one that looks better.

stryke

Now JStars on the other hand, I have no ideas what's up with that, care to fill me in? It's not like Bamco can't do a good home console release; the new SAO and Zestiria remaster looks to be shaping up pretty well, bar the games suddenly being broken on release.

Granted I haven't played the game but I've read some impressions that there's some stuttering. Also in the screenshot thread I immediately recognized that it was a 720p game. A goddamn last gen port that's no where near full HD.

Excellent! I have been looking forward to this game but I had lost hope that we would even get the Vita version in NA. Now we get a PS4 version AND it's coming to NA? Best news all day.

As someone with both a ps4 and vita, I usually prefer to play long jrpg / strategy type games
on handheld especially when it's cheaper there and the graphics are not that advanced that I would lose out by not playing on the big screen. I say usually because this time I am going for the ps4 version. Physical over digital every time for me - even if i have to pay more. I like to have the option to trade in my games when I'm done with them or if they turn out to be a disappointment.
And with remote play I can still play on vita!

Tsunamo

We did it folks.

We finally did it!
Didn't see that coming. Hope it doesn't get the sword art treatment in localization. I'll be really disappointed if there's no dub.
Crossplatform with PS4 and them bothering to fixup the SAO localization on the PS4 version make me think bandai namco are trying to avoid this happening again so i'm not too worried.

wilflare

I know, and I don't think anyone is expecting them to pull a magic trick with it; But I think you underestimate just how much a jump from 544p to 1080p does for a game's visuals, as does better anti-aliasing. If you put both versions in front on me and told me to pick, I'd obviously go with the one that looks better.

have you tried the PS4 God Eater Demo? - that wasn't even 1080p or at least some faux 1080p.

I'm not underestimating the game visual difference a resolution bump will being - I'm underestimating the effort that will be placed into this port.

have you tried the PS4 God Eater Demo? - that wasn't even 1080p or at least some faux 1080p.

I'm not underestimating the game visual difference a resolution bump will being - I'm underestimating the effort that will be placed into this port.

There was a god eater demo? Man I'm slow.

Fair enough; that's definitely something to look out for, although for the life of me I cannot understand why Bamco can't even get a handheld game to run a native 1080p on a console.

yami4ct

I hadn't heard of this game prior to the announcement today, but it sounds like a damn near perfect Digimon game for me. I've wanted those games brought over for so long, so it's super cool to see one that's apparently very good brought over. In for at least the Vita version.

shuraiya

Didn't expect this to ever come west. Will definitely pick up the PS4 version--and the Vita version if supports cross-save.

ah, I spent countless hours playing digimon world 2 as a kid. hell, i even played it in my recent past haha. happy to see this coming to Ps4. probably will pick this up.

on a side note...if there is a psasbr sequel...there definitely needs to be some digimon characters there.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
OMG i can't believe it!
now lets buy the shit out of this digimon game.

Many topics always say "don't pre-order" but these types of games... I would recommend doing so for this kind of game. These are the kinds of exceptions I make to support the niche, especially when numbers are EVERYTHING to this kind of localized game.

Zyrox

OMG that's awesome! I haven't watched Digimon in like what, 15 years or so, but I still really wanted this game because it looks amazing. And import impressions have been positive too. Tis really the season of dreams coming true. Vita is the little Legacy Platform that could :'-)

LAA

Awesome!! Should come to EU, surely...?
Probably will still get on Vita, unless the PS4 gets a massive jump in graphics or some online mode or something.
Great to see an awesome vita game to look forward to anyway and Digimon at that! Nostalgia time!
Bit sad there's no retail, but if it's between a release or nothing, I'd rather have something.

tensuke

Because they're putting it on Vita AND PS4 and because of the updated translation on PS4 SAO I hope they do a proper translation on both versions. I'll get both if they do.

Still salty as hell about the Vita translation not getting patched

Reszo

I knew researching and making my digivolution list of the digimon team I wanted wasn't going to be in vain!

I'll probably get it on the PS4, I'll get it on the Vita if and only if I get a bigger memory card because the one I have is full. Day one though.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Going to pick this up day one. Honestly find it weird people are confused as to why theres no retail Vita versions of games in 2016... honestly thankful Bamco decided to localize that version at all.

Going to pick this up day one. Honestly find it weird people are confused as to why theres no retail Vita versions of games in 2016... honestly thankful Bamco decided to localize that version at all.

You're admonishing people for being bothered by a corporation not giving them the product in the form factor they want. smh.

Awesome news. I wonder how they will handle DLC, but there wasn't that much to begin with, so maybe they will include it from the start.

It may be one of the few games I could consider buying again.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I cried out my cereal when I read this
-hugs Takao and Wynnebeck-
our dreams are coming true

dc95f89e41a58de6b7f93bc1bdcc04988a38ddfcf7942d1b38fed47aeee27fd0.jpg

wilflare

what are you even talking about?
Vita is the main/lead platform for this game
Vita owners have been vocal about wanting this game.

why are you suggesting that they would not have localised that version?

if anything, PS4 version is the bonus/surprise here and probably delayed the localisation of the Vita version

bigkrev

what are you even talking about?
Vita is the main/lead platform for this game
Vita owners have been vocal about wanting this game.

why are you suggesting that they would not have localised that version?

if anything, PS4 version is the bonus/surprise here and probably delayed the localisation of the Vita version

He's talking about people complaining that a game for a legacy platform isn't getting a boxed release.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You're admonishing people for being bothered by a corporation not giving them the product in the form factor they want. smh.

I'm just being honest about the market realities. The Vita isn't even on its last legs anymore in NA right now, let alone in 2016. I'm just glad its coming out at all, I'll probably get it on my Vita unless the PS4 version looks much better.

Many topics always say "don't pre-order" but these types of games... I would recommend doing so for this kind of game. These are the kinds of exceptions I make to support the niche, especially when numbers are EVERYTHING to this kind of localized game.

Yeah, Hatsuu from XSEED mentioned that pre-ordering niche games really helps show support for these types of games at retailers. Definitely going to pre-order this one when I get the chance.

Top Bottom