• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth |OT| Vita Savers

Stuart444

pV1FUM7.png

Basic Information:

Developer: Media.Vision
Publisher: Bandai Namco Games
Multiplayer: Ad-hoc & Online Mode
Platform: Playstation Vita, Playstation Vita TV Compatible
Release date: 12th of March 2015
Price: 6640JPY + Tax
Filesize: 1.5GB
Official Website: http://digimonstory-cs.bngames.net/
English Language Localization: Announced. Coming to PS4/Vita in 2016. NA gets PS4 physical, Vita Digital and EU at this moment in time is getting PS4/Vita but both are digital only.

Menu Translations Guide:

Shonengamerz has a menu translations guide up here.

Thanks to ReplacementPelican for the link.

Where to buy?

Amazon (local delivery only, no oversea delivery for games)
Play-Asia
YesAsia
Nippon-Yasan
CD Japan
HMV Japan
Japanese PSN store (Digital)

Thanks to both elmars369 and Parakeetman for the above shop links

Story:

Cyberspace has turned future into everyday. Virus programs that managed to evolve in diverse ways appeared, and were named "Digital Monsters" by Hackers.

The protagonist gets curious after hearing rumors of hackers in the streets, and one day receives a device named "Digimon Capture" from someone he/she met in an online chat room, then travels to the lowest layer of Cyberspace to gauge the rumor. But because of a sudden malfunction in the system, part of his/her mental data is corrupted, resulting in his/her body becoming a half-digitized Data Body. Aiba then awakens with the special ability Connect Jump, which allows them to travel between the Real World and Cyberspace EDEN through terminals.

Characters:

Takumi + Ami Aiba (The player can rename their character)
VA: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Takumi) and Rumi Okubo (Ami)

Click them for a bigger image

The protagonist of the game who becomes a detective apprentice at the Kuremi Detective Agency after being saved by Kyouko Kuremi.

Terriermon, Palmon, and Hagurumon

Click on them for bigger images

The first Digimon the protagonist meets after obtaining the Digimon Capture device.

Kyouko Kuremi
VA: Maaya Sakamoto

Click her for a bigger image

Kyouko Kuremi is a cool detective that runs the Kuremi Detective Agency.

Nokia Shiramine
VA: Megumi Han

Click her for a bigger image

A young positive girl who puts on a tough front but is easily scared. Her interest in Digimon brings her to Cyberspaces lowest layer. Her Partners are Agumon and Gabumon.

Arata Sanada
VA: Daisuke Kishio

Click him for a bigger image

A former big name hacker who the protagonist meets during an online chat and is like a big brother to the protagonist.

Note: I may add some of the other characters later on (like the ReDigitize characters) but these are the main ones I think.

Screenshots:

nYW3fFB.jpg
kMcaWE7.jpg

bQNFdin.jpg
BURhBSn.jpg

1TMgLbV.jpg
ohGwy8e.jpg

You can find more screenshots at the official website here.

Videos:

Reviews:

Famitsu: 34/40 (Thanks Yukianesa and Spotty Ren)

Soundtrack pre-order bonus:

Physical Version:

If you have a day 1 edition with the pre-order bonus DLC slip. Go to:

http://digimonstory-cs.bngames.net/camp/items/add/

and add the download code that you would use on the PSN to there. It will allow you to download the soundtrack pre-order bonus.

The Code expires March 12th 2016 (at least for the DLC, not sure if this applies to the soundtrack download on the website)

Download Version:

For people with the download version, it's possible to download the special soundtrack now from their official website. You need a Bandai Namco ID-account, then you connect it to your PSN account with the game.

Here is the website: http://digimonstory-cs.bngames.net/special/privilage05.php

Click the right one that says: ダウンロード版の方はこちら

Click the blue link to sign up for a Bandai Namco ID account or Red if you already have one and follow the instructions

Credit to: Parakeetman for the title image

Stuart444

It's my first OT guys so sorry if it's not too fancy or if there is any issues with it :).

My copy was shipped out earlier today so should hopefully have it by next week :D (week after if I'm unlucky ;_; )

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member

Hibiki is that you?

Nice clean OT. I hope it does well in Japan, hopefully that will increase it changes to come over.
lol

Nightbird

It's my first OT guys so sorry if it's not too fancy or if there is any issues with it :).

My copy was shipped out earlier today so should hopefully have it by next week :D (week after if I'm unlucky ;_; )

Nah, your OT is well done, thanks a lot!

As for myself, i'm not importing, since i'm really hoping for it to come to the West (Announcement at E3 maybe?). But i'll keep a close eye to this Thread for impressions :)

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I still hope that Bamco will actually listen to fan demand and localize this game.

Piers

I really hope, for some reason, somebody takes screen grabs of the Digimon — because their models are some of the best I've seen, and really do them justice.

Is localization begging frown upon?

BECAUSE GOD DAMN IT NAMCO, PLEASE!

but but all-star rumble didn't sell very well

Stuart444

Thanks to the two who mentioned the Famitsu review, I have updated the op :)

I hope Bamco localizes it as well, just be patient for a bit (the game did just come out after all)

Hope some GAFers give us impressions soon while I'm waiting on my copy :D

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Nice that the OT is up. Should get my copy later today I think.

Keep working at it we all had to start from somewhere, my first OTs were totally different from what I can do now. :)

Stuart444

Rage Burst has a trademark filed.
Why not this?

Rage Bursts TM was filed a while ago and it's not been announced yet.

Aka don't give up hope until it's hopeless (which is usually a year after the JP release unless you're Yakuza 5 that is)

Nice that the OT is up. Should get my copy later today I think.

Keep working at it we all had to start from somewhere, my first OTs were totally different from what I can do now. :)

Hehe, thanks :)

Hope you give us some impressions and/or screenshots when you get your copy

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Still can't find it at the PSN..so I have to leave the hotel room today? Oh well. Let's pick up the new yakuza and digimon retail then..

18-Volt

I'm not a big fan of Digimon franchise but I trust Media.vision. When this comes over here I'm gonna pretend this is the Wild Arms sequel I've been waiting for. Wild Arms with scary overgrown Tamagotchi monsters.

Ill pray for localisation.

You can do it on twitter, using #buildingthelist hashtag. I'm pretty sure PS gods Gio Corsi and Adam Boyes will hear you.

Stuart444

Still can't find it at the PSN..so I have to leave the hotel room today? Oh well. Let's pick up the new yakuza and digimon retail then..

Still early in Japan, probably will be up later today.

If it wasn't for not wanting to switch memory cards on the Vita, the digital version would be very tempting for me lol. Just so I don't have to wait.

Thanks everyone for the compliments on the OT. :D Glad to know it was a good effort. (I've had a bad day, it cheered me up doing this honestly :D )

Buying digitally once JP PSN updates (wll have Vita on at work lol)

Let us know what you think then!

Piers

If you want it in the West, remember to tell @giocorsi and #BuildingTheList. Worked for Yakuza, and we KNOW those games bomb!

Unfortunately our hard work for Digimon Re:Digitise petition, seemingly, was a budget brawler with a walls-of-text story. There's a fear stirring deep inside that Bamco used this as an escape route for localising the games.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Still early in Japan, probably will be up later today.

If it wasn't for not wanting to switch memory cards on the Vita, the digital version would be very tempting for me lol. Just so I don't have to wait.

I was just shocked that I could not even pre-order it :D saw posters everywhere at yosobashi and dendentown.. I mean I already go there because yakuza 0 PS4. But yeah you are right ^_^ I'll wait a few hours and have breakfast. Because I'm a lazy bastard who does not want to switch memory cards :p

Stuart444

I'm not sure what Digimon I want to start with. Terriermon is so cute, Palmon's evolutions are <3 and Hagurumon is one I wouldn't normally use which makes me want to use him lol.

Decisions Decisions.

Parakeetman

Rage Bursts TM was filed a while ago and it's not been announced yet.

Aka don't give up hope until it's hopeless (which is usually a year after the JP release unless you're Yakuza 5 that is)

Hehe, thanks :)

Hope you give us some impressions and/or screenshots when you get your copy

Yep no doubt will drop impressions here when I get my hands on a copy!

Btw just did this up for you if you want to use it for a title image lol. wait shit hang on fixing it. Fixed

pV1FUM7.png

Credits for the actual title image file (Digimon Cyber Sleuth logo) goes to the person in the following link. They managed to dig it out of the site. I was searching for it but must have been looking in the wrong section using my usual methods.

http://withthewill.net/threads/1369...uth-for-the-PS-Vita/page9?p=237177#post237177

18-Volt

Unfortunately our hard work for Digimon Re:Digitise petition, seemingly, was a budget brawler with a walls-of-text story. There's a fear stirring deep inside that Bamco used this as an escape route for localising the games.

Well, most requested titles on #buildingthelist campaign are this and Phantasy Star Nova. I think this has more chance to make it here than PSN. Other people asked pretty much impossible stuff, like real FF7 remake or Shenmue 3.

Stuart444

Yep no doubt will drop impressions here when I get my hands on a copy!

Btw just did this up for you if you want to use it for a title image lol. wait shit hang on fixing it.

Credits for the actual title image file goes to the person in the following link. They managed to dig it out of the site. I was searching for it but must have been looking in the wrong section using my usual methods.

http://withthewill.net/threads/1369...uth-for-the-PS-Vita/page9?p=237177#post237177

OMG, thank you <3 seriously, that looks much better than the just the logo that I had! Appreciated

Parakeetman

OMG, thank you <3 seriously, that looks much better than the just the logo that I had! Appreciated

Yep no problem! btw use the recently updated one. As I got rid of that weird blue glow on the GAF logo due to my idiocy.

Parakeetman

Done! Thanks again.

I'm also quite happy to see a few of us importing the game so this OT won't be totally dead :)

Here in Japan normal stock already seems to be running thin from what Ive heard. So should be interesting to see what kind of sales numbers will be with the next media create. This always seems to happen with the latest digimon games. Both the 3DS and PSP ones I think. Think the PSP one vanished for a while due to being sold out on launch if I remember correctly. The 3DS one was not as bad.

Kozuka

Make it come to the west Bamco, i want to at least try it even if the protagonist is ugly.

Furthermore, the pre-orders estimation reached the 100k that is better than previous games apparently so yeah good sales could mean western release.

Great OP!

I didn't realize that this game looked so good visually -- I was on the fence, but I think I'll go ahead and import it. Can't ever get enough Digimon, even if I'll have to fumble through the Japanese!

Parakeetman

Make it come to the west Bamco, i want to at least try it even if the protagonist is ugly.

Furthermore, the pre-orders estimation reached the 100k that is better than previous games apparently so yeah good sales could mean western release.

Actually am pretty certain they will bring it to the West. Once the Digimon Adventure Tri anime hits and gets localized for the West too, that would be their "drop point" for announcing the title. On top of BanNam has been a lot more aggressive with releasing their titles in SE Asia + West.

God Eater 2: Rage Burst am certain will be the same too with the upcoming Anime to start the hype going.

Top Bottom