• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Board Games Thread: Async Multiplatform Meeples

Over the last week I found one spot in my holiday house where it would sometimes let me have a few turns of Star Realms - I don't think I timed out but apologies if it happened.

It's fun. [except when you get demolished]

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Now that I think of it, Ascension is kind of like Arkham in the way it works with expansions. I'd never want to play with more than two really but as a goof sure... (shuffling the deck would NOT be fun though).

Hell of a last turn Astro. Haha. I had to wait in taking my turn in that game for so long, cause I wanted to get to level 6. Haha.

My highest attack was 57 so far. Sorry Merc! :p

cGae9hnh.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Hell of a last turn Astro. Haha. I had to wait in taking my turn in that game for so long, cause I wanted to get to level 6. Haha.

My highest attack was 57 so far. Sorry Merc! :p

Haha yeah -- that was ridiculous. Star Realms and the latest Ascension actually have a lot in common in that you get some of those combos going and things just snowball.

Haha yeah -- that was ridiculous. Star Realms and the latest Ascension actually have a lot in common in that you get some of those combos going and things just snowball.

So are you enjoying the digital game? You seemed pretty down on the physical game, but I think its a pretty good little game. Its gonna get old pretty quick, but so far its been enjoyable! haha

I just got stomped by Merc, it felt like it was in like 3 turns too, haha.

Edit:

Just found out you drop down in levels too. haha.

you're not supposed to play with all the expansions? you're supposed to just choose a few?

You can do whatever you want, but I think thats too much to work with at once, haha.

Astro found that they seem to work best in pairs based on their release. It makes sense to me.

PittaGAF

Apologies to everyone that challenged me in Star Realms in the past week.

I was with very spotty connection for a week, so I just ended the ongoing games thinking I could accept the challenges when home...but I noticed that all expired now.

I do not even remember who challenged me (the history has been deleted by now, by other completed games)...the game really needs a 'friend list or something'.
I'll wait for people challenging me again a bit...if not I'll review all the gamers list and challenge accordingly :)

Whatever you guys want I can do.

Wait till later, run it now, small one now big one later, different game. I'm open to anything!

...by the time the next expansion comes out the new tournament features might be integrated into the game.

*Will play any Ascension tournament*

Whatever you guys want I can do.

Wait till later, run it now, small one now big one later, different game. I'm open to anything!

+1 to this from a lurker who would love to join.

Star Realms is quite fun as well, but I seem to do demonstrably worse in it than I do in Asecnsion. Great fun, all around.

kestrel3d

Neo Member
Anyone who wants a nice entry level star realms duel I'm up for it-- kestreliiid. Really enjoying the game but have just barely started getting into the strategy.

Anyone who wants a nice entry level star realms duel I'm up for it-- kestreliiid. Really enjoying the game but have just barely started getting into the strategy.

I'll take you up on that one. Worth an easy win or two for you. :) I am "MarkovChaney" in game. Anyone else who would like a punching bag, feel free to send me an invite. Hoping we get friends soon...

I love in ascension when you both build decks to deal with all the monsters at the beginning, and then you only see hero's in the middle for the next 7 rounds. So your just killing cultists a bunch....

...its super fun.

ascension is dumb

I love in ascension when you both build decks to deal with all the monsters at the beginning, and then you only see hero's in the middle for the next 7 rounds. So your just killing cultists a bunch....

...its super fun.

ascension is dumb

You mean like in Star Realms when you are trying to build green and then the board goes all red and yellow...

Also, why no Ascension with me?

As an aside, we bought a house and finally moved in yesterday, so I will be back regularly playing in Star Realms, as soon as internet is turned on at home.

You mean like in Star Realms when you are trying to build green and then the board goes all red and yellow...

Also, why no Ascension with me?

As an aside, we bought a house and finally moved in yesterday, so I will be back regularly playing in Star Realms, as soon as internet is turned on at home.

I never really build just one colour in star realms. Way to hard to do that. Haha. I usually end up doing 3.

Im only playing ascension with a buddy of mine, I haven't sent any other invites out, other than 1 game with Astro when I was learning the new expansion.

Grifter

My wife (Caira), who some of you may recognize from Carc, says she's coming to clomp y'all in Star Realms and is taking on all challengers.

Great fun! I thought I had a chance until that final turn... I need to work on getting more red to thin my ranks, methinks.

Also, to Pitta - Thank you for the challenge! I look forward to our game probably ending like the one with kestrel3d did. Complete defeat!

Anyone else? I like playing to play. Winning is nice, but not required. Each game teaches me more. :) MarkovChaney is my in game name. I'll accept as many challenges as the client will allow.

Challenge sent to Caira and rematch underway with kestreliiid.

Let's Do This!

Thank You!

kestrel3d

Neo Member
Great fun! I thought I had a chance until that final turn... I need to work on getting more red to thin my ranks, methinks.

Also, to Pitta - Thank you for the challenge! I look forward to our game probably ending like the one with kestrel3d did.

Early on I thought you were crushing me! It was a shock to me when I had those two monster turns in a row--really amazing how quickly a deck can go from kinda weak to vicious... The reds combined with a little yellow card draw helped me win that one.

Well done Pitta! I saw that one coming a little further off. I was numbered a couple turns back... Great fun, nonetheless.

Also, I recently discovered Ascension and have all expansions, but no promos yet. Do the promos unbalance the game? Why I've held off.

Anywho, if anyone wants to play in Ascension as well, I'm "Markoff Chaney" there. Always up for some asynchronous deck building.

Blade25

Is star realm the hot new game all the gaffer's have been playing? How do I get up in this business and play everyone!

Pastry

Banned
Anyone else that sucks want to play me in Star Realms? I'm learning the game and getting demolished by most people. Name is Pastry in the game.

Any advice for a newbie?

I sent challenges to butzopower and Pastry. I'm hoping to best Pitta in our rematch. Apologies if I missed anyone else on here that sent a challenge. The play is appreciated. :)

I wish I had some good advice,but I feel like I'm still figuring her out. Sometimes easy AI destroys me and sometimes I destroy hard AI. Humans tend to beat me more often than not. I tend to try to stick to 2 colors, bases and bombs excepting. I try to scrap my starter cards and scrap for attack power if it's close to end game.

I was able to snag a copy of the game proper whilst at DragonCon and look forward to foisting it on friends tomorrow night while we watch the Masquerade. It's a great, balanced game, and luck seems to have a part, just as it does in Ascension. Sometimes everything lines up for me, sometimes, I'm at the receiving end of 30+ damage on a perfect hand. Good Stuff.

Thank you all for the games!

PittaGAF

She is?! Damn =)

Tell her I'm sorry :p

I think I got a bug while leveling up....I was level 7, lost some games returning to level 6, but the game ranked me at level 5.
I'm (slowly) returning to level 7 but now everyone is pretty hard to beat so it's a struggle.

Star Realms is absolutely a blast anyway.

Fun games guys. Been facing vs Kestreliiid and Markov. I have pretty much all the iPhone board games so if any of you guys want to play something on there, give me a holler. Would definitely be up for some Agricola, Waterdeep, or whatever.

Star Realms is absolutely a blast anyway.

I feel it slipping away... :) Probable pre-emptive grats!

Edit:
Pitta - I see you as lvl 6 in game.
LunarKnite - Great back and Forth
Kestrel3d - Worst turtling ever. My apologies. It's just what seemed to make sense to purchase.

Edit2 -@Kestrel3d Oh, I got this. Not like I can lose 35 authori... Fuuuu GG. Best 3 of 5 then? ;)

Pastry

Banned
Thanks to everyone that challenged me.

My problem seems to be late game. I do great in the early game and can build a good lead but the longer the game goes the more I start to struggle. I guess I'm not planning long term with my purchases.

PittaGAF

Apparently a new chapter (#3), new AI and a NEW EXPANSION NAMED CRISIS are coming to Star Realms (digital).

I do not know the timeframe yet nor anything about CRISIS, but I'm already excited.

Qvoth

Apparently a new chapter (#3), new AI and a NEW EXPANSION NAMED CRISIS are coming to Star Realms (digital).

I do not know the timeframe yet nor anything about CRISIS, but I'm already excited.

cool!
hope this means new cards and a new system, star realms is really too basic compared to ascension imo

Top Bottom