• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: 4k 360 games tested on Xbox One X!

Iced Arcade

awesome stuff! wasn't expecting this kind of enhancement for 360 games.

lol and wow this last page would make me pull my hair out if I had any

knerl

I have no issues with the way the games are being enhanced. I even extrapolated on why it's so easy for MS to take that route in enhancing them to newer hardware.... It's because of the PC centric nature of the XBOX from inception, where OG XBOX was even going to be named the DIrectX-BOX or X-11 kit......

I care little for how a game is enhanced, I only showed the complexities in getting better results from more exotic hardware, which the OG XBOX is not. So, yes, the point again.... is that I expect much better results in terms of perf and resolution especially since target framerates are not tampered/heightened from 30 to 60 etc....

That doesn't make sense. You expect better results in terms of performance especially since target framerates aren't tampered with? With that in mind it's as good as it can get. A game capped to and targeting 30 on the original hardware that maybe dropped below to 20-25 at times now runs at rock solid 30. Uncapped games with heavy CPU limitations can only run so much better on a vm on a weak CPU.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
I have no issues with the way the games are being enhanced. I even extrapolated on why it's so easy for MS to take that route in enhancing them to newer hardware.... It's because of the PC centric nature of the XBOX from inception, where OG XBOX was even going to be named the DIrectX-BOX or X-11 kit......

I care little for how a game is enhanced, I only showed the complexities in getting better results from more exotic hardware, which the OG XBOX is not. So, yes, the point again.... is that I expect much better results in terms of perf and resolution especially since target framerates are not tampered/heightened from 30 to 60 etc....

but your getting much much cleaner textures and 4k for FREE on the games you already own like GEARS 3.

the way you described earlier in the REMAKES for ps4 is completely different. Also don't forget the playstation is also built from PC parts plus the cell chip not some made up voodoo from sony. All games are made on pc and then ported to the console, like using the Frostbite engine on battlefield for example or the Unreal engine. made on pc then ported to each console. so somewhere ps3 game are still in there pc form that could be tinkerd with by sony engineers to run on ps4 and your old games would work on the console.
the problem we have is Sony charges for a service to stream these games and make money out of it, Microsoft currant do back compatable games for free if you own the game

3rdman

Not one for console warring here but this is a really silly statement.

You are either ignorant to the difference between emulation vs porting or you are taking the piss. Assuming the former, you really should educate yourself in that this is nothing but a bonus and MS should be lauded for it.

Also LOL at the idea that emulation is the "easy" way to BC.

Top Bottom