• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: Fallout 4: Next-gen or not?

Huddy

I watched a PS4 HD stream last night and what immediately struck me was how bad it looked, next was the FPS drops and finally the pausing as the game loads in a new area of the map.

Good luck to those people that say it looks great and never notice any frame issues, but good game or not I can't put up with the technical issues in this game those I saw and those others are reporting, it's heading back to the retailer today.

Maybe in 6 months when it's half the price and about as fixed as Bethesda can make it, I'll try again.

The biggest problem is the game is visually inconsistent. It CAN look good at times but it can also look very bad. If good was 100 and bad was 0, a constant 75 would be way better than the constant swing back and forth.

Coll1der

Banned
a freedom granted by its dialogue options

Wat? This is one of the most restrictive dialogue systems I've ever seen, that often bugs out and takes you out of the conversation midway. Is it in the article only because DF wanted to say some nice things in the end to soften the blow?

Steel

Banned
"a freedom granted by its dialogue options"

So that's why you have last-gen textures and animations and why it sometimes runs at 0fps (sic) on Xbone. Next-Gen dialogue options it is.

The dialogue options are terrible. Like, it's the worst I've ever seen in a game with dialogue options. Fallout 4 does a lot of things right that Fallout 3 didn't, but that's not one of them. Was that Eurogamer reviewer high?

Top Bottom