• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: MK8Deluxe and Splatoon 2 Switch Analysis

jnWake

I love he says "Starting with MK8 Deluxe" and the footage shows Inklings racing in the Splatoon stage. Confused me for a moment.

SerTapTap

Good to hear in docked mode that 1080/60 is a possibility. It's sounding like it won't be worse than wii u graphics-wise when docked which will make ports an easier buy. Though I already have most wii u versions...but I wasn't sure what the deal with Zelda would be. If it's no worse as a console than wii u, maybe even better, and like, drastically better as a portable than 3DS that's a real good start.

Can't believe people still pop in here/on youtube acting like 240p/20FPS is all you need fam, I can't even see the frames.

I'm sure Splatoon 2 will at least hit 900p. No way is it going to remain 720p.

It could up graphics in another way when docked. Less drops (hopefully not, as that would mean significant drops in tablet mode), anti-aliasing, textures, whathaveyou.

Apparently MK8D s 30fps in 3P and 4P splitscreen. Surprised DF didn't mention that.

DF probably didn't mention it as MK8 on Wii U was 30 fps with 3P and 4P splitscreen. They were mainly mentioning that the game is now 1080p60fps in solo and 2P splitscreen because of the MK8 WiiU being 720p and having that lost frame happening in certain intervals, making the game have a skipped frame instead of a solid, stead 60fps locked.

Top Bottom