• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: Skyrim switch analysis!

I *really* want this game, but 60 bucks is asked way too much :/ As happy I am that it's released on Switch, Bethesda should have gotten much more shit for this price policy. Remember when there was outrage over TWW HD's price?

I totally agree. I want Doom and Skyrim but i feel weird spending $120 on these two games....

I totally agree. I want Doom and Skyrim but i feel weird spending $120 on these two games....

Then don’t...if you want them, but them off other countries’ marketplaces for cheaper. One indie dev I remember complained about and implored people not to do this but it’s not shady imo for something like this where no one in their right mind can come up with an argument for $60’s worth of work being put into this.

RobbyPlease

Neo Member
its nonsense to compare it to X1/PS4, then excuse it for being worst in every way when docked, and basically excuse the technical drawbacks by saying well atleast its mobile.
It should be viewed as a portable game console and that's, because it gets a pass on things the X1/PS4 would get hammered on.
So in summary its the worst version, but its mobile.... if only the PSP got this special treatment when it was released.

I don't think it should be treated separately but to be fair the only thing we're losing out on is 4K/60fps graphics. I'd counter that by saying the added portability changes the way (and where) you play it which for some is a winner even when directly comparing it to the PS4/X1 versions. We all know graphical fidelity isn't everything for everyone. IMO the base price for this game across all the platforms should be lower than $60 though. idunno... Maybe if I find it for $40~

ChuyMasta

How's it play, people? Worth full price?

For me it totally is. I've never played Skyrim before.

So for me this is a huge game full of things to do with lots of quests. I can cook, forge, trade, alchemy, battle, explore, be a magician, an archer, a warrior.

lots of customization for the character.

Incredible lore so far. I just beat my first dragon!

I'm working on saving money to buy a house. But I had to buy a horse first so that set me back.

dochuge

Anyone else find the game a little on the dark side? And there doesn’t appear anywhere you can increase the brightness.

RobbyPlease

Neo Member
For me it totally is. I've never played Skyrim before.

So for me this is a huge game full of things to do with lots of quests. I can cook, forge, trade, alchemy, battle, explore, be a magician, an archer, a warrior.

lots of customization for the character.

Incredible lore so far. I just beat my first dragon!

I'm working on saving money to buy a house. But I had to buy a horse first so that set me back.

Sometimes I wish I could go back in time.. Skyrim was the first of the Bethesda RPGs to grab me like that. Almost everything that happened left me in awe, thinking of how large of an effect your actions can sometimes have in such a huge world. Have fun!!

Top Bottom