• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Homicide games removed on Steam due to "being hostile to Steam customers"

Parsnip

Good.

D6l8fu1.gif
What's the source of this gif?

Fisty

Jim cannot talk about it yet. His lawsuit is still on-going. It seems like the judge is just annoyed at the moment however.

Nothing makes me happier than picturing Jim Sterling in a US court of law dressed in black leather and waving a purple dildo bat around

Matty77

Just saw Jim linked this on Facebook or I might have missed it.

It's about time they start suffering real world consequences for their fuckery, so obsessed with the thought that Jim and his "army of genetically engineered creatures" we're trying to shut down their business that they finally did something to get Valve to actually shut down their business, and nothing was lost.

As much as I hate clique platitudes, it truly is a case of you get back what you put in.

Top Shelf.

They really are insane, their web page is just a list of steam links and steam icons. How can they have thought this was a good idea.

Parsnip

joecanada

I thought about it for a second, maybe two. But then I realized that would mean giving these people money....

Snip*

This is the root of his/their problem. That realization has yet to happen.

I hope he/they can get the help they need.

I've worked in mental health field all my life. Everyone deserves to be treated for a mental illness and deserve a chance to change their lives.... But here's a sad/oversimplified truth bomb from my 15 years experience....

Some people are just assholes.

Nothing makes me happier than picturing Jim Sterling in a US court of law dressed in black leather and waving a purple dildo bat around

If somebody could shop the following gif so that he's stood behind a witness boss in court, I'd love them forever.

jI5UCw2.gif

Vic_Viper

Waiting for the incoming "Digital Homicide sues Steam" lol

Seriously though, this really won't stop the brothers from just creating a new company and release games under it like they've done in the past. This could have all been avoided if they just didn't worry about what Sterling and Steam users said about their games. Who cares tbh, if anything it'll get them more buys instead of just pissing people off. It's obvious they really don't know what they are doing.

Am I soft for having concern that this might drive the guy to suicide?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending his shitty games or slimy behavior, or telling anyone they're a jerk for laughing at this latest outburst blowing up in his face (hell, I've wanted to see DigiHom crash and burn since that interview). But the guy strikes me as so far removed from reality that the consequences of his temper tantrum would be too much for his fragile ego to take. Especially if court fees prompt his wife to take the kids and leave him.

(If Romine wants to to take this as slander and add me to the lawsuit, then I'm taking my concern and going home)

Am I soft for having concern that this might drive the guy to suicide?

Only be concerned for the family they supposedly have. If they're even doing this shit without thinking about the financial and legal ramifications it will have on their family, then they're worse than trash.

You don't claim Sterling's fans were harassing your family over his reviews and then immediately sue hundreds of other people.

TyrantII

I'm scratching my head how some derp from Arizona sued Jim in the UK. Wouldn't they have to go through Arizona district courts.

Libel really isn't a thing in the US as well with the first amendment and long history of case law protecting critics and journalists.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm scratching my head how some derp from Arizona sued Jim in the UK. Wouldn't have to go through Arizona district courts. Libel really isn't a thing in the US as well with the first amendment and long history of case law protecting critics and journalists.

Jim moved to the US a few years ago.

Did anyone else see the response to Steam pulling their games on the DigiHom page? Quoted for people who don't want to look at their site:

First i'd like to briefly respond to Doug Lombardi's official statement about Digital Homicide and its owners. I'd like to give some context to his offficial statement "Valve has stopped doing business with Digital Homicide for being hostile to Steam customers." What has actually transpired was a lack of resolution from Steam in regards to moderation of their platform which might sound like a tough job to do, but coming from a company that brags its profitability per employee is higher than google, it just shows a reckless disregard for for the well being of their community for profits. We submitted numerous reports and sent multiple emails in regards to individuals making personal attacks, harassment, and more on not only us but on other Steam customers who were actually interested in our products. The lawsuit that was submitted in regards to a handful of Steam users has been labeled by the media and now by Doug Lombardi's(a Valve representative) statement as "being hostile to Steam users" in general which is incorrect. The lawsuit recently filed is solely in regards to individuals where no resolution was able to be obtained from Steam to provide a safe environment for us to conduct business. By removing us for defending ourselves against harassment Steam is openly stating you cannot defend yourself from examples like these:

[three examples of Steam users saying mean things]

When someone bothers you on say a platform like Facebook and you find the need to ban them, the Facebook response after you ban is "Sorry you had this experience" and then that person is removed from being able to post on your page. Steam's stance is what just happened to us. By removing us they have taken the stance that users have the right to harass me, tell me I should kill myself, and insult my family . If I try to defend myself against said actions then I lose my family's income. If it wasn't for 2 years of experience of dealing with Steam on a regular basis, this disgusting stance would seem shocking to me. The only thing that prevented me seeking legal counsel for a long list of breach of contracts, interference with business, and anti-trust issues was the fear of losing my family's income. Since that has been taken away I am seeking legal representation. The case will benefit from a long list of organized documentation of events that have happened over the past 2 years including dates, screenshots, emails, and more on over 100 infractions in need of litigation. Legal counsel interested in our case can contact us at support@digitalhomicide.ninja

I... guess he's not dumb enough to sue Valve? Or maybe he wants to if a lawyer wants to help him out?

Also, Steam pulling his games is a violation of anti-trust laws?

TL;DR: DigiHom gives people shit then acts like they're the assholes when they give it back.

Top Bottom