• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Homicide games removed on Steam due to "being hostile to Steam customers"

Steroyd

Jim, when you're eventually going to cover this digital suicide you're going to have to give us a heads up in advance, because I'm going to be watching this epic episode with some of the finest wine, it's the only way.

Can't believe Slaughtering Grounds could provide this much entertainment.

Handy Fake

tumblr_n0moiiuf6C1qaa8d1o2_500.gif

tumblr_n0moiiuf6C1qaa8d1o3_500.gif

Now they'll try to sue Valve.

tumblr_n0moiiuf6C1qaa8d1o6_500.gif

If the Digital Homicide people are reading this, I'd just like to say the following:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! GET FUCKED!!!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Kudos to Valve for not having any of DH's bullshit!

datwr

Totally expecting this, don't know how Steam have bothered to deal with these guys for so long.
I would have thrown them out long ago.

Beartruck

Way to screw yourselves out of your main revenue stream. Congratulations, almost no Steam developer has screwed up as hard as you have screwed up.

Ludens

Banned
No problem, I doubt they sold games on Steam, since they gave them away right and left to do money with card selling.

Lamptramp

It actually does.

I imagine Cosmic read the post as implying what had actually happened was "schadenfreude" which of course it isn't, what happened is some well deserved comeuppance.

Of course we are all basking in a frothing soapy hot-tub of schadenfreude, but it doesn't describe what DH did to themselves.

Or not, just jumping in in the giddy fun of it all. Fresh bottle of malicious joy anyone?

Digital Uppance has come... icide!

No problem, I doubt they sold games on Steam, since they gave them away right and left to do money with card selling.
To my knowledge they never gave away Operation: Global Shield or Dungeons Of Kragmor (the two missing pieces of my digital homicide collection...).

The former (which just came out) has a Steamspy power level of about 2000 while the latter is nearly 25000. So that is ~some~ sales.

How does this compare with their other games. The Decimation of Olarath is 3rd least popular and has about 47k while temper tantrum is nearly 200k (so 40% as popular as Bad Rats).

Ludens

Banned
To my knowledge they never gave away Operation: Global Shield or Dungeons Of Kragmor (the two missing pieces of my digital homicide collection...).

The former (which just came out) has a Steamspy power level of about 2000 while the latter is nearly 25000. So that is ~some~ sales.

How does this compare with their other games. The Decimation of Olarath is 3rd least popular and has about 47k while temper tantrum is nearly 200k (so 40% as popular as Bad Rats).
They gave away Kragmor, the other game is missing.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
The main brother who runs the company will probably have early onset dementia in 5 years or so. Paranoia and an addiction to litigating everyone thats "against" you is one of the early warning signs as the brain deteriorates and turns them into massive assholes without a shred of reality left.

atomsk

Party Pooper
A friend of mine thought it would be funny to gift me a shitload of their games a few weeks ago.

I wonder if they still get a cut of the card drop money after being delisted.

Wouldn't want to contribute to them in any way.

Aquillion

Not sure how their slapping together of stock unity assets ever got through Greenlight anyway.
Most people don't know stock unity assets on sight. If you just look at screenshots and descriptions of their games, at least some of them looked, if not amazing, then at least like they could plausibly be worth playing.

If you don't recognize the stock unity assets, and only see them in screenshots or videos chosen to make them look good, then it looks like they put a lot of work into models and stuff; in that case, it's not until you actually look at a gameplay video (or try to play) that you realize what's up.

Mivey

Well I guess they're going to sue Valve too now.
Well, GabeN had a good run at least. Nothing can stand in DH's wrath. Valve tasks him and he shall have him! He'll chase him 'round the moons of Nibia and 'round the Antares Maelstrom and 'round perdition's flames before he gives him up!

Top Bottom