• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Homicide games removed on Steam due to "being hostile to Steam customers"

hesido

So the smear campaign started by Jim Sterling against these wonderful devs has reached its goal.

Kidding. But that's what they are probably thinking.

giphy.gif

I await the next step in the DH Saga.

ElRenoRaven

Wait, Digital Homicide is a publisher? What did they do? I read the thread title and thought Steam started some policy to ban games where you murder people in games and I was like "uhhh... wait a minute" lol.

Indie dev. Pair of brothers. They churn out the same exact game with a different skin over and over using assets they buy. Usually they're buggy shit too. Sometimes they've even released games days apart. Jim Sterling covered a couple of their games then they went batshit crazy and started a war with him that turned into a lawsuit.

Wait, Digital Homicide is a publisher? What did they do? I read the thread title and thought Steam started some policy to ban games where you murder people in games and I was like "uhhh... wait a minute" lol.

They started suing Steam users who left negative reviews

joecanada

Hey maybe a hype train could go with this thread. Call it the litigation line and everyone in the thread gets sued by these guys.

duckroll

Indie dev. Pair of brothers. They churn out the same exact game with a different skin over and over using assets they buy. Usually they're buggy shit too. Sometimes they've even released games days apart. Jim Sterling covered a couple of their games then they went batshit crazy and started a war with him that turned into a lawsuit.

They started suing Steam users who left negative reviews

L O L.

Good riddance.

Lamptramp

Hahahahahahaha! Uppance has finally come!

I feel sure this delusional pair will once again lay the blame for their continual misfortune at the feet of Jim, which does worry me somewhat. Its clear they lack the abilities of introspection and responsibility.

Hylian7

If Jim Sterling hasn't read this yet, I'm sure a "Chains of Love" dance will be an order soon.

Get fuck DH, glad to see Valve put their foot down on this.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
What are the cliffs notes of this?

Digital Homicide are a terrible indie game developer. Literally the worst on Steam, and yes I realize what I'm saying. They release tons of games which are buggy, terrible, and basically just asset flips with no creativity or gameplay value. Their games get terrible reviews for obvious reasons. Since they have a bad reputation, they also started releasing games on Steam under different company names.

Games journalist Jim Sterling reviewed a game of theirs once and wasn't kind. They then tried to get his review taken down for copyright on Youtube. And made response videos to his reviews. Sterling kept making videos, the "feud" continued, yada yada yada they sued Jim Sterling.

The thing that got them removed from Steam was the fact that in addition to suing Jim Sterling, they recently decided to sue about 100 individual Steam users, and then sent Valve a subpoena to get their real names and addresses from their usernames. At this point, Valve decided that enough is enough, and told Digtal Homicide to kick rocks.

Bedlam

Digital Homicide are a terrible indie game developer. Literally the worst on Steam, and yes I realize what I'm saying...
Yeah that's the gist of it but people should know that they pulled lots of other abhorrent stuff besides just publishing bad games and sueing people. From blatantly stealing assets to doxing Sterling and personally harrassing and threatening him and his family.

Digital Homicide are a terrible indie game developer. Literally the worst on Steam, and yes I realize what I'm saying. They release tons of games which are buggy, terrible, and basically just asset flips with no creativity or gameplay value. Their games get terrible reviews for obvious reasons. Since they have a bad reputation, they also started releasing games on Steam under different company names.

Games journalist Jim Sterling reviewed a game of theirs once and wasn't kind. They then tried to get his review taken down for copyright on Youtube. And made response videos to his reviews. Sterling kept making videos, the "feud" continued, yada yada yada they sued Jim Sterling.

The thing that got them removed from Steam was the fact that in addition to suing Jim Sterling, they recently decided to sue about 100 individual Steam users, and then sent Valve a subpoena to get their real names and addresses from their usernames. At this point, Valve decided that enough is enough, and told Digtal Homicide to kick rocks.

I'd add to that threatening Jim Sterling by showing pictures of his house on their site and implying retaliation of a different kind than suing, it's worth being mentioned.

Now they're probably going to sue Valve for censorship or violating their first-amendment rights.

Valve will destroy them. I hope DH enjoys paying all their legal fees.

Fingers

Banned
I'd add to that threatening Jim Sterling by showing pictures of his house on their site and implying retaliation of a different kind than suing, it's worth being mentioned.

Wow i never knew this bit of info! these guys are crazy.

I can't wait to see the number of lost sales they come up with when they sue valve for not helping therm sell their asset flips.

Conan-san

And to think it all took was two years of fucking around and eventual threat to life and liberty for Steam to pull it's finger out of it's arse.

Mivey

Honestly, I think Sterling might try change his residence for a bit. I could see these guys doing some even crazier shit when they realize how much they fucked themselves with all of this and they go blame him even more.

HotHamBoy

While it's possible they could try to sue Valve since they appear to be delusional, Valve has more money than God so their bully litigation tactic could only hurt them financially, surely not Valve. And obviously they wouldn't have a case.

Well. This image was sobering.

Top Bottom