• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Homicide plunges further into insanity - Sues Steam users

Holy shit, these guys need to get their asses legally and financially handed to them in as many ways as possible for how ridiculously they're abusing the legal system.

foltzie1

If nothing else, this is probably the end of their Steam publishing account.

Valve is under no obligation to keep selling their games.

Also, I haven't looked at the TOS for selling on Steam, but I'm curious what it might include with regards to end users.

inner-G

Banned
They sued Valve?

GG, you're lawyers aren't on Gabe's lawyers level

It'll be like Lionel's Hutz against Mr Burns' lawyers

They sued Valve?

1256254.jpg

1261459.jpg

1262727.jpg

foltzie1

They sued Valve?

No, its in the OP, they are trying to sue steam users as Joe Doe plaintiffs. However, the are subpoenaing Valve to provide user information so the complaint can be amended with real names in place of the Joe Does..

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I don't think there's been anything since July when the court approved Romine's motion for leave so that he could have more time to respond to the request for dismissal that Sterling's lawyers filed.

So that lawsuit has pretty much stalled out until Romine does something and now he's already trying to start up another lawsuit. I suspect even if he sees he has no chance of winning the suit against Sterling that he'll still try to keep it active for as long as possible so that he can tell people that the case is open and he hasn't lost.
Just speculating...please don't sue me.
No, the July filing was Romine filing an Amended Reply. Now you're in the indeterminable zone of waiting for a federal judge to do something.
Can someone possibly counter-sue if they become the victim of SLAPP?
Just so we're clear, SLAPP doesn't apply here.

SZips

They sued Valve?

No, its in the OP, they are trying to sue steam users as Joe Doe plaintiffs. However, the are subpoenaing Valve to provide user information so the complaint can be amended with real names in place of the Joe Does..

Plus he's representing himself... so... yeah... The reality is even more absurd than the Simpson's comic linked above, if you can believe it.

No. As far as I am aware, there isn't a single other company trying to sue users for their reviews. Releasing bad games is completely inoffensive, this madness isn't.

It took awhile for DH to get to that point, though. Put any other shitshow like DH under the spotlight by someone like Jim Sterling for a year or two and who knows what crazy shit they'd do. Steam Greenlight is a beacon for shady people.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
This is astoundingly pathetic.

I cannot wait to see what happens to them in their multiple court cases. So excited for when Jim is finally able to speak.

Handy Fake

This is astoundingly pathetic.

I cannot wait to see what happens to them in their multiple court cases. So excited for when Jim is finally able to speak.

The Jimquisition episode will be such a thing of beauty that it'll be memorialised frame-by-frame in a museum built of giant purple dildos and rare shiny Pogs.

sammex

It took awhile for DH to get to that point, though. Put any other shitshow like DH under the spotlight by someone like Jim Sterling for a year or two and who knows what crazy shit they'd do. Steam Greenlight is a beacon for shady people.

One lets play video from Jim and they released a snarky reuploaded version calling him a f*ing idiot and moron etc etc. It took a while for them to sue him but they brought the full attention of Jim upon themselves when, if they'd have let that one video go, barely anyone would even know about them.

Qassim

Releasing bad games is fine, but when it comes to the point where a developer is trying to sue Steam users for bad reviews, Valve should step in and remove Digital Homicide from Steam entirely.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Everybody should change their username to "Nathos"
Imagine the trial
"No, I am Nathos" "I am Nathos too" "No, I! am Nathos!"

DataGhost

Why are they making things worse for themselves? Sure, even if some users cave (which they shouldn't), it's not worth the bad rep going forwards, unless they truly disappear and re assume new identities.

xealo

They're probably trying to get people who can't afford a lawyer to accept a settlement, fucking scumbags.

If they're actually suing valve, they're more stupid than I thought.

Arsenic13

This guy actually needs mental health treatment.

Not even trying to be funny. He really does.

Agreed. Listening him talk in Jim's podcast interview was unnerving. He's not stable. It's real concerning for his family and kids. His brother or w.e it is that's with him on this lawsuits is just enabling him out of ignorance.

joecanada

My personal favorite review

"This game is stereotypical of most offerings from Digital Homicide. Exhibiting an exceptionally basic premise that offers less content than free flash games, Winged Knights: Penetration is literally what you see is what you get. Not even enough content for a Demo, the Developers still have the unmitigated gall to charge money for this travesty. Do yourself and the rest of the world a favor and spend your money on a Development team that is actually interested in producing enjoyable content. You will be making the world a better place by not purchasing this pathetic excuse of an offering."

if this guy gets sued i'll pay his legal fees.

Top Bottom