• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diplomacy has failed: The Wonderful 101 de-confirmed for Smash Bros. 3DS/ Wii U

I'm actually happy Wonderful 101 is being represented (I fucking loved it), but on the other hand, I wanted Wonder Red playable. :(

I mean id of liked wonder red to be in but being just 1 person and not grouped up is like olimar fighting by himself. Even his pikmin were reduced.

tumblr_mckvx1Xm6I1qdlh1io1_400.gif

AdanVC

Wow, so cool, but yeah too bad this confirms he would not be playable or AT. I'm actually kinda surprised Wonder Red make it at least in trophy shape in Smash considering he is part of a still new IP from a second/third party developer wich is Platinum.

Blues1990

I don't see how just showing the Wonder Red trophy in a Miiverse post automatically means the character is out for the count as an assist trophy for the game. :/

Tan

It didn't seem likely to begin with but does this really de-confirm him? Don't playable characters have trophies?

Riposte

"If it isn't the hero of the Mushroom Kingdom, skilled doctor, painter, and plumber... Mario!...'s younger twin brother, Luigi"

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The title is technically false. By having a trophy they are confirmed to have a bit of representation... in the form of a trophy. Some characters won't even get that.

GameBoy Camera-kun? Nope.
3DS Budgie? Nope.
Photo and News Channel Cats? Nope.

Stop sulking and suck it up.

Richie

"If it isn't the hero of the Mushroom Kingdom, skilled doctor, painter, and plumber... Mario!...'s younger twin brother, Luigi"

Someone give this man a trophy. A platinum trophy.

The title is technically false. By having a trophy they are confirmed to have a bit of representation... in the form of a trophy. Some characters won't even get that.

Photo and News Channel Cats? Nope.

Don't you dare cause my heart to break twice within the same night.

There has got to be a better word than fucking "deconfirmed".

Had to work with the characters' limit!

Crayolan

I didn't think their chances of getting in were all that high, but not even getting an assist trophy is surprising.

We will never know what it is like to have Wonder Red give a custom introduction for every character in the game as a taunt.

Aww man. This would be the perfect replacement for Snake's calls.

Neff

Time to cut Ice Climbers, Ness, Lucas, Sheik and ROB then.

A shame, but not surprising. Olimar and a few Pikmin works, but the entire philosophy behind 101 is that they function as a team, a big team at that, with their actions being huge in scale, which would be difficult if not impossible to make work in Smash.

If anything, I'm actually really glad that they're making an appearance in the game at all.

ozzEh6c.jpg

Ah it's a shame but I just don't think you couldt represent the game adequately through a single character unless you just had Wonder Red's wonder punch as the main bulk of the moveset with only a few allusions to other Wonderful Ones within the moveset as a whole and that just wouldn't feel quite right since the whole numbers game and multiple characters at once is kind of the point.

Though an Assist Trophy of just Red would've been fine, i'm surprised we didn't get at least that much.

Jawmuncher

Wouldn't have minded seeing W101 in as a assist trophy where their style would fit best.....
Still holding out for Bayonetta and Snake though haven't gotten anything yet to deconfirm them.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
I didn't think it was possible for W101 to have spoilers, but there you go
"You ain't seen shit yet, SON!" would have been a pretty accurate subtitle to the game. You really want to play the game without knowing what's going to hit you.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Good. Frees up a slot better filled by anime like Gundam and Naruto.

shink

When I read the title I thought they announced Wonderful was going to be in it (in any capacity) but stealthily removed it.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Thinking about it, this pic of the day just might just be a plot from Sakurai to fuck with Kamiya's twitter feed.

NotLiquid

I must be clairvoyant. I explicitly dreamed tonight about my continuous fear of waking up to finding out that a TW101 character, or Wonder Red in particular, would be on the Smash site as an assist trophy or some shit like that which would effectively deconfirm him.

Checking the site today it felt like the moment in Kaiji where his opponent taunts him about whether he got the winning lot because his elaborate plan has failed and he has everything to lose, and I keep telling myself "please don't be Wonder Red. Please don't be Wonder Red."

And then I load up the site.

9RQ9UWP.gif

I must be clairvoyant. I explicitly dreamed tonight about my continuous fear of waking up to finding out that a TW101 character, or Wonder Red in particular, would be on the Smash site as an assist trophy or some shit like that which would effectively deconfirm him.

Checking the site today it felt like the moment in Kaiji where his opponent taunts him about whether he got the winning lot because his elaborate plan has failed and he has everything to lose, and I keep telling myself "please don't be Wonder Red. Please don't be Wonder Red."

And then I load up the site.

9RQ9UWP.gif
Are you forreal?

Skull Kid had me wobbly and Dillon didn't even phase me, yet this news seriously brought me to my knees.

And all I can truly yell is "SAKURAAAIIIIIIIII"

Top Bottom