• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diplomacy has failed: The Wonderful 101 de-confirmed for Smash Bros. 3DS/ Wii U

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
First Dillon then Wonder Red.

Sakurai stop breaking my heart. Isn't the stone mask enough to sustain your youth?

Nohar

Truth to be told, revealing that the character will be just a trophy... It's... kinda a low blow. Unless Sakurai reveals that W.Red will be playable, and that this picture was a red herring to make us believe he wouldn't be playable (since, well, every playable character has a trophy after all).
I just don't understand why he would reveal this one just like that. It's really trolley.

Edition: Heh, just discovered that Wonderful 101 was one of the most (if not the most) sold Wii U game in France.

RagnarokX

ijVhRK8hMYBwl.gif

I think its interesting that Sakurai mentioned there's trophies of other Wonder members too. If it was just a one off mention for Nintendo history, why would the series have more than one collection trophy?

Having a trophy means they're not in? I haven't been following the Smash Dojo/Pic of the Day stuff and just the directs. But wasn't there trophies of everyone in past smash games, including the smashers themselves? Thought it was just AT that meant they weren't in.

Not like he or the rest of the Wonderful 100 had much of chance anyway though.

The trophy appears to be ripped straight out of The Wonderful 101. The pose is even identical from the game's promo art, aside from the scarf.

section-03-red.jpg

This really only happens for characters who only appear as trophies in Smash Bros.

His battle cry will be "IT'S NAPPY TIME, 'KAY?"

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Thou shaln't be forgiven for this grave sin, Masahiro-san.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
*sighs* I'd be lying if I said I wasn't severely disappointed.

On the other hand, there is a bright side. Being a trophy means more people will show interest in the game. Just like Custom Robo trophies in Melee.

How's Kamiya reacting on Twitter? Most of his tweets are in Japanese so I can't tell.

Hindl

NOOOOO SAKURAI THE DREAM IS DEAD PRE ORDER CANCELLED

The saddest part is there aren't enough people who can be upset to be noticed :(

Still this is more advertising than Nintendo ever gave the W101 anyway.

Uh, that's hardly a TW101 spoiler.
This, on the other hand, is a (massive) spoiler. (Don't click that link)
But it's Wonder-Red's finest hour, so might as well post it here.

God I want to replay it. One of the best scenes ever

Brilliant

Gartooth

I'm disappointed, but W101 is relatively new so perhaps that's why we didn't get a character or anything more substantial. (Pokemon X/Y and Greninja might be exceptions)

I'll say it here as well, if W101 were playable in Smash 4 they would have to be played as a Team not a single character which would make it one of the most complex fighters in the game

I am still holding out hope that the challenge was accepted
3AQmK.gif

BatDan

Roy got in Smash before his game debuted

From what I've heard, the plan was to include Sigurd from Geneology of the Holy War, but Intelligent Systems wanted them to use the newest lord instead.
The irony is that while Roy was powerful in the game, he was a total wimp in Binding Blade.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
*sighs* I'd be lying if I said I wasn't severely disappointed.

On the other hand, there is a bright side. Being a trophy means more people will show interest in the game. Just like Custom Robo trophies in Melee.

How's Kamiya reacting on Twitter? Most of his tweets are in Japanese so I can't tell.

Yeah has kamiya commented on it?

BatDan

Well, at least this should tell people that The Wonderful 101 is a Nintendo IP, not a third-party title. People still believe that...

I tell them "Nintendo owns the IP the same way Capcom owns Viewtiful Joe".

Top Bottom