• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Direct-feed Persona 5 screenshots

Bam

Banned
Looks absolutely gorgeous. Man, really interested to see what they have to say on the Japanese educational system in this.
This is on the same engine as Catherine was, yeah? At least close to it?

Rising_Hei

I wonder why Vita version isn't in works yet . I mean, P4G made them so much money, they just can't miss this opportunity, right? And P4DAN looks really close to P5 in terms of cell-shading and overall graphic capability? Right, guys? Right? :'(

They are worlds apart

Looks absolutely gorgeous. Man, really interested to see what they have to say on the Japanese educational system in this.
This is on the same engine as Catherine was, yeah? At least close to it?

Catherine uses the Gamebryo engine whereas P5 will be using a new engine made internally by Atlus.

d1ddy

I've been trying to go on a media black out so I wouldn't get too hyped but omg slap me in the mouth and take my money. From what I seen in the screens I cannot describe my excitement (first time seeing the game)

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
I hope this game is a lot more memorable than 3 and 4. They are solid games but I quickly forgot about them after I was done. I have high hopes for this one to change that.

Lunar15

I hope this game is a lot more memorable than 3 and 4. They are solid games but I quickly forgot about them after I was done. I have high hopes for this one to change that.

If you couldn't find those memorable, I really don't think this one is going to change that.

farisr

So I saw the trailer a while back and got interested in this game.

Are there are any story details I need to know from the previous Persona games or can I just go into this game blind without any knowledge of the previous ones?

Are there are any story details I need to know from the previous Persona games or can I just go into this game blind without any knowledge of the previous ones?
you don't need to know anything

but you should play persona 4 because it is godly

It'll be seperate. There may be a reference or two, but the past few personas were largely unrelated.

wmlk

You can go in blind.

But I highly recommend playing the previous two games, and especially P4/P4G. I don't see that kind of party dynamic being replicated anytime soon. The setting and cast in that game is on point and there's no tonal inconsistency.

Bam

Banned
Catherine uses the Gamebryo engine whereas P5 will be using a new engine made internally by Atlus.
Ah, I see!

I was kinda still holding out hope that there would be a female protagonist too, but it's looking like it's unlikely to happen. Still, I am loving the look of the protagonist and his friends so far.

You can go in blind.

But I highly recommend playing the previous two games, and especially P4/P4G. I don't see that kind of party dynamic being replicated anytime soon. The setting and cast in that game is on point and there's no tonal inconsistency.
that's the only thing I frown a bit when it comes to P5. P4 was so damn classic to me that I feel like Atlus can't possibly one up it.

Ah well. It will likely be awesome but still.

DNAbro

Man you are crazy. They are 2 of the most memorable games I have ever played.

Logash

I started Persona with P4, knowing nothing about the other games. I eventually moved my way down to all the games and the most important ones (arguable 3 and 4) are self contained stories with references from the other games. I didn't even notice the P3 reference in P4 until I played P3 but it didn't effect the game at all.

farisr

you don't need to know anything

but you should play persona 4 because it is godly

It'll be seperate. There may be a reference or two, but the past few personas were largely unrelated.

You can go in blind.

I started Persona with P4, knowing nothing about the other games. I eventually moved my way down to all the games and the most important ones (arguable 3 and 4) are self contained stories with references from the other games. I didn't even notice the P3 reference in P4 until I played P3 but it didn't effect the game at all.

Thanks guys. Not sure if I will be able to get around to checking the previous games out, as it is right now, I have trouble keeping up with new releases on just the ps4.

Thanks guys. Not sure if I will be able to get around to checking the previous games out, as it is right now, I have trouble keeping up with new releases on just the ps4.

They're a huge time commitment too, so you could be forgiven for not being able to take on 3 or 4. But have no doubt, they are incredible.

To the OP, honestly, this is the one game that could come out this year and totally floor me. There's a lot of good gaming to be had this year, but nothing gets me excited quite like this series.

Top Bottom