• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dirty Bomb open beta thread

Lt-47

This fucking Turtle shield is way too OP. Since he is in the free rotation you have like 3 people setting up shields on defense. And even 3 or 4 nades don't destroy it. How do you fight against this? What works best against this newb shield?

Edit: I guess I could have edited the previous post...

Every Fire support character can pretty much one shot them (Arty,Skyhammer,Stoker,Kira)
Proxy mines if you can get close enough, Redeye smoke if you can't (the only time a sniper might be kind of useful)
Phantom Emp will disable them too I don't know how effective that is though, I never play that guy.

Meccs

Every Fire support character can pretty much one shot them (Arty,Skyhammer,Stoker,Kira)
Proxy mines if you can get close enough, Redeye smoke if you can't (the only time a sniper might be kind of useful)
Phantom Emp will disable them too I don't know how effective that is though, I never play that guy.
Yes, I'll probably have to play those mercs more since my teammates do nothing about it. I think Stokers Molotov burns through it quickly too. At least it felt that way.

Ive been playing this loads lately. I initially quit when Phantom was introduced. The week he was released and in free rotation was nightmarish. Just nothing but phantoms running arouns stabbing people. Drove me up the fucking wall and i uninstalled it. Reinstalled it last week after hearing SD had taken it back from Nexxon and done some big updates. Glad i gave it another try and its so much better now. Theres loads of new maps i hadnt played, new mercs, and now phantom is easily spottable when hes cloaked. I swear he was 100% invisible at first. It can still be a frustrating experience at times, and its still pretty unbalanced, but it scratches an itch i havent felt since Wolf: ET. I never thought id be able to paly another fast paced twitch shooter but now here i am. Mostly playing Kira and Proxy. I love the orbital laser, and i love seeing people blow themselves up over and over on my mines haha. Really hope they can get this out of beta and a full release soon. It deserves a lot of success.

Filben

I'm really having a blast playing this game! I was asking about a fast-paced shooter a while ago and just one guy recommended this. I've never seen this game in my Steam recommendation page. Just the usual stuff. Why isn't this gem being more advertised? It has team objectives, different classed but is still all about shooting, high speed running, wall jumps, long jumps and good TTK. I truly like it.

It just need much more maps (like almost every shooter... LawBreakers for instance came with 8 maps? Way too few!).

Exedore on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Dirtybomb/comments/75fpnv/guardian_javelin_balance/

Guardian, Javelin & Balance

Was originally thinking of doing this to a reply to one of the more recent threads, but thought it might be more constructive as a separate discussion. There's a very specific thing that's come up a few times that I want to publicly address: that we're intentionally creating hard counters in the game.

We don't view DB as a game of hard counters, and we're not looking to change that; a better player should win most of the time. Both Javelin and Guardian have high impact abilities that will take a while to get tuned properly (more on that below), but they are mechanics that we've wanted to add to the game for years as they add levers to how you and we can manage the gameplay space. There will always be an ebb and flow and it will rarely suit everybody, but we're going to keep trying to make the game better as a whole regardless.

From my POV, Javelin is still not where she needs to be. Making the first Merc in ages from scratch was a big challenge for our expanded team (we've more than tripled in size in 2017), and while they've done an awesome job overall, we need to get that last bit of fine tuning done to re-establish a healthy balance. We're planning some more tweaks post-Guardian, and the biggest issue to address is adequately communicating that you're about to have a close range rocket fired at your face.

Some might remember that we've been in the process of re-implementing our gameplay telemetry system entirely, and I'm pleased to say that the work is nearly finished. This is the biggest reason that you haven't seen that many balance changes of late, and I completely agree that the lack of them has had a negative impact on the core game. It won't allow us to fix it overnight, but we'll at least have improved means to identify issues and tackle them one at a time.

And on a personal note, apologies that I haven't been more active here. I've been Out of the Office 5 times in the last 6 weeks, but I'm all out of bubblegum/holiday/conferences now. :)

Top Bottom