• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (PSV) |OT| Play for 10 Million Hours!

Sell anything that's not legendary that you aren't currently using.

There are two kinds of PA Mics. The ones that say they call a club, use these before you try and pass a bill and the group you called will be more supportive of the bill. The other kind will summon an NPC to help you in a stage.

Make as many characters as you feel you can handle.

Glix

Sell anything that's not legendary that you aren't currently using.

There are two kinds of PA Mics. The ones that say they call a club, use these before you try and pass a bill and the group you called will be more supportive of the bill. The other kind will summon an NPC to help you in a stage.

Make as many characters as you feel you can handle.

Thanks a ton! Thats exactly the kind of guidance I needed.

Are legendary items the ones whose names blink? I've been selling based on what things are worth. If they are worth alot, I don't sell them lol

scy

Thanks a ton! Thats exactly the kind of guidance I needed.

Are legendary items the ones whose names blink? I've been selling based on what things are worth. If they are worth alot, I don't sell them lol

Legendary items are the ones who's name is in Gold text; Rare items are the same except with Green text.

I'd keep Muscles and Orbs just because you can use them for bribing so you can pass bills easier down the road; the other bribing items can be store bought so not as important for keeping a stockpile of them.

scy

Well, they're all marked with a letter. And color coded. There's also the Rarity value ranges but that's probably a bit excessive compared to the other two visual indicators.

Kazerei

Banned
Welp, now I understand why passing 3 movement bills in the item world is recommended (or 2 move 1 jump). I passed 3 attack bills instead, and it was a waste. I didn't think maxing out stats would be so easy!

Thankfully, stealing trapezohedrons and maxing items is also easy, so I'll just re-do it. I still haven't found any rarity 0 rank 41 weapons yet, but I'm happy with my puppy paw stick.

Just out of curiosity, is it possible for HP or SP to reach 100 billion? How does the game even handle that?

PEy9F.jpg

scy

Welp, now I understand why passing 3 movement bills in the item world is recommended (or 2 move 1 jump). I passed 3 attack bills instead, and it was a waste. I didn't think maxing out stats would be so easy!

Thankfully, stealing trapezohedrons and maxing items is also easy, so I'll just re-do it. I still haven't found any rarity 0 rank 41 weapons yet, but I'm happy with my puppy paw stick.

Just out of curiosity, is it possible for HP or SP to reach 100 billion? How does the game even handle that?

There's a theoretical cap:
Magichange Weapon - 99,999,999 HP
3x HP Trapezohedrons - 1,863,514 HP each
30x 19,998 Dieticians - 599,940 HP
1x 500 Guardian, 1x 500 Weapon Innocent
255% HP Aptitude
~400M HP (Max from Serum use)

There's no actual HP cap since you can't get enough to actual reach it. Not even in Disgaea 4 with dual Magichange letting you have 2x 99,999,999 HP Weapons (just moves the max you'll reach to ~5-ish Billion).

Edit: And yeah, stat cap is so easy to reach for most characters. +2 Movement/+1 Jump for Traps (or +3 Movement for Anti-Matter Fields) is the best way to go about it.

scy

Hmm, I'd rather boost move than jump. Do I really need a higher jump stat?

I personally don't like having less than a ~60 or so Jump. It's why I prefer the Anti-Matter Field despite the high Gency requirement: You're guaranteed to cap Jump. Anyway, if you're fine with a lower Jump, then just go all +Move.

scy

Just in case, each Jump bill is +10 Jump so three of them is +30 Jump. Helps a lot for the Item World and (some) Class World layouts.

scy

There's a theoretical cap:
Magichange Weapon - 99,999,999 HP
3x HP Trapezohedrons - 1,863,514 HP each
30x 19,998 Dieticians - 599,940 HP
1x 500 Guardian, 1x 500 Weapon Innocent
255% HP Aptitude
~400M HP (Max from Serum use)

There's no actual HP cap since you can't get enough to actual reach it. Not even in Disgaea 4 with dual Magichange letting you have 2x 99,999,999 HP Weapons (just moves the max you'll reach to ~5-ish Billion).

Edit: And yeah, stat cap is so easy to reach for most characters. +2 Movement/+1 Jump for Traps (or +3 Movement for Anti-Matter Fields) is the best way to go about it.

Well, looks like the 99,999,999 HP cap from equipment isn't actually in play so a Baal Axe gets you 281,323,200 HP which makes the final result 6,118,647,130 HP.

I'm so angry now...

I decided to fulfill the trophy of full complete item world without exit. I played during 3 hours because i wanted to check any possible mistery room (because there are some of them that give trophies). And also, I waited 3 turns in each level after 20 to get as much pirate ships and illegal tickets as possible. I got like 7 different ships and 12 ilegal tickets...

When I was at level 87, i exited the game with PS button, to check battery... and when i returned to the game, I went to the start of the game, not the current game.

So I need to do all that stuff again. Damn...

I'm so angry now...

I decided to fulfill the trophy of full complete item world without exit. I played during 3 hours because i wanted to check any possible mistery room (because there are some of them that give trophies). And also, I waited 3 turns in each level after 20 to get as much pirate ships and illegal tickets as possible. I got like 7 different ships and 12 ilegal tickets...

When I was at level 87, i exited the game with PS button, to check battery... and when i returned to the game, I went to the start of the game, not the current game.

So I need to do all that stuff again. Damn...

dont feel bad.

Item world run I accidentally hit the go to hq button on B90!!
THEN
on a survival run i made it to 152 and thought i could suicide my way out so i had to redo that as well!!!

dont feel bad.

Item world run I accidentally hit the go to hq button on B90!!
THEN
on a survival run i made it to 152 and thought i could suicide my way out so i had to redo that as well!!!

Finished the 1-100 walthrough again. I got less tickets and ships (I think that HQ may be related with pirate apparition, yesterday, with 350, I got a lot since level 21, today, with 250, got my first one over level 50), but it's done.

I don't care too much about the pirates and tickets, right now, because I know that I'll be digging in item world (but now, exiting each 10 levels) a lot, to get enought gencies for the item max.

billsmugs

Finished the 1-100 walthrough again. I got less tickets and ships (I think that HQ may be related with pirate apparition, yesterday, with 350, I got a lot since level 21, today, with 250, got my first one over level 50), but it's done.

I don't care too much about the pirates and tickets, right now, because I know that I'll be digging in item world (but now, exiting each 10 levels) a lot, to get enought gencies for the item max.

Pirates are definitely linked with HQ, when I got a GPS glitch and ended up with 999 HQ, I was getting no end of pirates turning up. (Level spheres too).

One other thing I've noticed is that quitting and re-loading a lot (e.g. when duplicating items or trying to find statisticians) seems to really kill your HQ, presumably to try and discourage you from doing those exact two things.

scy

HQ seems to play in a lot of formulas. Without some means to control it better, I can't really comment entirely on what it's doing :/

RoylAsult

how do you increase the SP level? my Mao is at lvl 55 and Sp is at about 500, my special attacks now take about 150 each so i run out quickly.

also how the hell are you guys getting levels this high? i Understand boosting, but you just replay the same levels over and over again... for how long? lol

scy

how do you increase the SP level? my Mao is at lvl 55 and Sp is at about 500, my special attacks now take about 150 each so i run out quickly.

also how the hell are you guys getting levels this high? i Understand boosting, but you just replay the same levels over and over again... for how long? lol

Equipment, primarily, will be the source of your stats.

As for levels, there's certain stages with layouts that are very well suited for leveling. 7-3, for instance, has 9 enemies on a 3x3 stage with +100% EXP. There's another one of these later in Halls of Ordeals 4, an optional map.

But, more than that, the Statistician Innocent. It caps at 300 so that's +300% EXP. You can have 32 of them, however, for +9600% EXP. Which is uh ... a lot. It lets you do 1-9999 in a one or two map clears.

Edit: And all this high level stuff is a post-game thing primarily. For the story, you won't really need to be above level 70-ish or so.

Your problem is that you upgraded too much the special attacks. For the main game, you don't need to micromanage the skills. If you use Mao as mage, there are some accesories (orbs) than will give you SP. If not, simply don't upgrade so much the skills. Also, in the main game you should be abusing dual lower level special attacks, instead of one-hit the enemies with a single big special attack. For Mao, use the finger combined with lower level attacks of other characters (you don't need to upgrade it more than a couple of times).

RoylAsult

Your problem is that you upgraded too much the special attacks. For the main game, you don't need to micromanage the skills. If you use Mao as mage, there are some accesories (orbs) than will give you SP. If not, simply don't upgrade so much the skills. Also, in the main game you should be abusing dual lower level special attacks, instead of one-hit the enemies with a single big special attack. For Mao, use the finger combined with lower level attacks of other characters (you don't need to upgrade it more than a couple of times).

i figured that, i can downgrade right? or does that set it back to lvl 0 for the special attack?

nvm figured it out.

Glix

Man I love this game. Thanks so much for your help at the top of the page, gents.

Finally got a Legendary item, and then got 3 more whilst Item Worlding it! Woot!

I hitted a wall around item level 50 on Trapezohedron. Enemies of level 9999 with much better stats than me, that made impossible to kill the item general.

Soooo... I'm now in a resurrect grinding.

As far as I can see, each time that you reincarnate (if your previous level was 9999), you have a little more of yellow bar (and more points to spend). So it's not really necessary to run the class world for each character so many times... if you keep reincarnating, leveling up to 9999, repeat, you'll end maximizing the characters, sooner or later.

Kazerei

Banned
I hitted a wall around item level 50 on Trapezohedron. Enemies of level 9999 with much better stats than me, that made impossible to kill the item general.

As far as I can see, each time that you reincarnate (if your previous level was 9999), you have a little more of yellow bar (and more points to spend). So it's not really necessary to run the class world for each character so many times... if you keep reincarnating, leveling up to 9999, repeat, you'll end maximizing the characters, sooner or later.

To get through the trap in item world, I had to level up my Vato sword first. At this point, leveling up your items should be alot more effective than leveling up your characters and reincarnating.

BTW, there's a limit to the yellow bars and blue bars, and you still need class world to increase move, jump, counter, and throw.

scy

Reincarnation will cap out at a Yellow Bar of 40 and 220 Bonus Points and you're still limited to a base stat of 255. You won't exceed ~1.5M in a single stat from reincarnation. Class World is an inevitable requirement for maxing characters.

To get through the trap in item world, I had to level up my Vato sword first. At this point, leveling up your items should be alot more effective than leveling up your characters and reincarnating.

BTW, there's a limit to the yellow bars and blue bars, and you still need class world to increase move, jump, counter, and throw.

Understood. After a few leveling, I tripled the stats of my main characters. I'm going to continue with the trap but I'll check if I steal a legend fist weapon before my next item general, and I'll level it and dupe it. I go with only fists, right now, because they have the best skills to move the gatekeepers without killing them. When I'll dupe it, i'll enhance the stats of the characters.

Kazerei

Banned
I wrote up a quick post-game roadmap and levelling guide. It's kind of short because I'm not very good at explaining things :S

Any feedback or additions would be greatly appreciated.

1. Map 7-3 Corpse Eaters

First of all, you'll want everyone to have a special that hits a 3x3 area, namely Big Bang or a magic spell. Characters can learn from other characters by absorbing (in the Homeroom), or by going through the Class World.

Pass three stronger enemies bills so that the enemies are level 99 on this map. Grind here until you can finish the House of Ordeals.

2. House of Ordeals

Pass the bill in the Homeroom to unlock the House of Ordeals. HoO3 is a huge pain in the ass, but once you get through it, you're golden. HoO4 is absolutely the best grinding spot in the game.

Enemies in HoO4 are normally level 400. As you get stronger, you can pass stronger enemies bills to speed up grinding.

3. Extra Maps

Talk to an NPC in the academy, then pass the bill in the Homeroom to unlock the first extra map. Repeat the process and try to finish the extra map 4, which features Asagi at level 500.

4. Raspberyl Version

After defeating Asagi, enemies in Raspberyl mode will start to equip trapezohedrons. Steal one! If you're aiming for a specific rarity, in map 1-4 just throw your thief to the target enemy and check her trap's rarity. If it's not what you want, quit reload and try again.

You can finish Raspberyl mode now if you want, or just head back to Mao mode. Main thing here is to steal at least one trapezohedron.

5. Diez Gentlemen sidequest

The sidequest becomes available after finishing Extra Map 1. Again, these maps have to be unlocked by passing bills.

The Diez Gentlemen sidequest culminates in a battle with a level 650 and a level 700. Your prize is a legendary puppy paw stick! The PPS has a 20% chance of stealing an item upon defeating an enemy.

6. Pirates, statisticians, and puppy paw stick

Go through the item world and defeat a group of pirates to unlock the PPP club. Pirates begin appearing on floor 21+ and become more frequent at higher floors, so if you have a legendary item, use that.

With the PPP club, you'll be able to reverse pirate. When reverse pirating, you'll find lots of useful innocents, namely statisticians. There's a limit to the number of times an item can be reverse pirated, so if you don't see a statistician, quit reload and try again.

After capturing and subduing a statistician, you'll be able to move it from item to item. Put it in your favorite item, then equip it to one of your favorite characters. Make sure that character has nothing else equipped.

Go into that character's class world. When you encounter a dropout, defeat the dropout using the puppy paw stick. You can use both normal or special attacks. Either way it'll give you a 20% chance of stealing the item that holds the statistician. You can't steal from dropouts using hands, but the PPS is magic!

Transfer and combine the statisticians to level it up. Its max level is 300. Keep repeating the item duplication process until you have numerous stacks of statisticians.

So what does a statistician do? Gives you X% more experience, where X is the level of the statistician. So a single level 300 statistician will quadruple your EXP gain.

Once you're tired of item duping, stuff you equipment full of statistics, and head back to HoO4. Now watch your levels fly!

7. X-Dimension levels

To unlock the X-Dimension levels, you need to collect illegal tickets. In the item world, tickets can be taken from pirate captains by defeating them. Also in the item world, there are two mystery rooms that sell tickets; one appears on floors 1-50, one appears on floors 51-100.

8. Item/character maximization

If you haven't maxed out your trapezohedron yet, now would be a good time. Also spend some time reverse pirating, collecting useful innocents, item duping, etc. Refer to the item/character maximization guide for more.

And feel free to finish up the Extra Maps, the Parallel Worlder's side stories, and whatever else you want to do. The only thing left is...

9. Land of Carnage

To unlock the Land of Carnage, finish at least 25 of the X-Dimension levels.

Here you'll find the best items in the game. If you've got some maxed out trapezohedrons and stats in the millions range, you shouldn't have a problem handling the Land of Carnage. Don't forget to visit this land's HoO4. You'll be able to level up even faster!

To get a rank 40 weapon, steal it from the Item God on the 100th floor of a rank 39 weapon.

To get a rank 41 weapon, steal it from the Item God on the 100th floor of a rank 40 weapon.

Ragus

Banned
I think I'll buy this game, but I have one question:

What happens, when a character dies in a battle? Will he still be alive after the battle? Or is he gone forever?

Kazerei

Banned
I just killed Tyrant Baal in the Land of Carnage. With a maxed out character, the Echo evility, and a bit of luck, it wasn't that hard! :p

finished with the game for now (it was a blast, & quite a bit better than i'd thought it'd be). question: where's my save? i bought a hard copy thinking my save would be on the cart, but i've got a bubble indicating a file on my memory card - is that my save (which i don't wanna delete), or just some kinda install?...

scy

finished with the game for now (it was a blast, & quite a bit better than i'd thought it'd be). question: where's my save? i bought a hard copy thinking my save would be on the cart, but i've got a bubble indicating a file on my memory card - is that my save (which i don't wanna delete), or just some kinda install?...

The save is still on your card; deleting the bubble will remove it :/

RoylAsult

so i beat the game last night (stayed up till 3am trying to finished the last few battles... ugh) anyways, whats there to do now? i saw when you go back to pick a destination there is this recruiting option? what is that?

besides the item world what else is there to do, any other missions? and whats this thing about pirates...

Kazerei

Banned
so i beat the game last night (stayed up till 3am trying to finished the last few battles... ugh) anyways, whats there to do now? i saw when you go back to pick a destination there is this recruiting option? what is that?

besides the item world what else is there to do, any other missions? and whats this thing about pirates...

There should be some new bills in the Homeroom you can pass to unlock new maps. There's also the Parallel Worlder at the bottom of the stairs on one side.

Scroll up a bit, I wrote out a quick post-game levelling guide.

Found myself falling into the same thing that happened in the PS3 Disgaea 3. Pass 4-1 and then use that to grind MANA and start unlocking classes before actually moving onto the rest of the game.

I dont have too much time to play (or to post), but i leveled a macho fist (best fist weapon that i have right now) and it wasnt very helpful.

But i leveled the trap up to floor 100 (skipping the enemies, but gency at 100) and i'm cloning the l199 trap (and maxim some chars), and my chars start to break the 10m barrer. With a few more dups i'll be able to defeat the trap l100 item boss and max the item.

I think is more worthy to reach 100 skipping all bosses and moving the gatekeepers instead of killing them (you can still use the level spheres and special rooms to level the item as much as possible) to have a good trap to clone than losing time with lower level weapons that require tons of gencies to give them decent stats

BTW, the HQ affects the puppy stick chance, for sure. With 350 HQ I steal each 2 or 3 times max, and I often steal 2 times consecutively. One time i got 3 dups in a single class run.

B.K.

I'm finished with Item World and Class World. I got maxed a Stardust Sword and Trap. I've got enough dupes of them too. I did so much farming for Gencies in Mao's Class World that I even maxed his Aptitudes. Now I can finally do all the post game stuff.

B.K.

I made Mao too strong. I beat
Baal
in the regular academy and Land of Carnage with max Stronger Enemies bills passed with just one hit. It was no challenge at all.

Just got the Hardcore Gamer trophy after weeks of trying. I'd put it to sleep and such and never turn the game off but at least once during each attempt my Vita would freeze due to lack of network connection or whatever and I'd have to hard reset.

Its funny I got that trophy on the PS3 version in one sitting one day when I was sick and it didn't feel like the chore this one did.

TheBear

Anyone know a good guide that explains some of the basics? I just
ate the dragon egg
and I have a handle on things, but there's just some shit I still don't get. Great fun though, I can't imagine ever playing through it on a console but on the Vita it works perfectly!

Top Bottom