• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored news/interviews/etc

Lancehead

First person stealth goodness.

7562405368_fc61d60604_o.jpg

Labadal

System requirements:
Bethesda has released the PC system requirements for one of this autumn's most exciting new games, Dishonored.

Given that it's a multiplatform game, DirectX 9 rules the roost, which means even recommended specs are attainable.

Min spec:
•Processor: 3.0 GHz dual core or better
•Memory: 4 GB system RAM
•Hard Disk Space: 9 GB
•Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible with 512 MB video RAM or better (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 / ATI Radeon HD 5850)
•Sound: Windows compatible sound card

Enhanced for:
•64-bit
•multi-core

Recommended Spec:
•Processor: 2.4 GHz quad core or better
•Memory: 4 GB system RAM
•Hard Disk Space: 9 GB
•Video Card: DirectX 9 compatible with 768 MB video RAM or better (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 / ATI Radeon HD 5850)
•Sound: Windows compatible sound card

I guess some people will not be pleased.

The pc specs are higher than expected my imac(with bootcamp) could play it but seems like I might be better off with the ps3/360 version.

RedSwirl

Shit. I just realized this game lists 4GB of memory under minimum specs. Will a 3GB system still be fine if everything else easily meets the recommended specs?

Just thought about it, but this could mean that there are no boss fights in the game, or at least not the DX:HR-kind.

The bliss!

I'd actually prefer there to be boss fights in this game, but I can't really think of one that would fit well in the world of Dishonored (I'm so used to fighting the screen sized baddies in games like Contra and the Souls series).

Also, I'm probably gonna have to overclock my processor if 3.0GHz is the minimum. Then again, I do have a Quad Core, but I doubt they've built the game to take advantage of one.

Wiktor

Gotta say hooray for DX:HR paving the path to great PC ports. It's sad it took this long but I'm crying tears of joy :D

DX:HR was a port, this isn't really.

Anyway, the hands-on session at gamescom blew me away. So many choices, so many possibilities...I just wish I played on PC, as I've wasted like 20% of my time with the game getting comfortable with pad controls.
Bassicaly the only thing I didn't like were the fact that levels were cut into parts, but it was done pretty sensibly.

Eideka

Banned
Nixxes did a great job, and indeed, it was developed side-by-side with the console version, if I recall correctly.
I agree, although the game was plagued with stuttering on PC, it was very subtle on my rig but definitely there.

On the other hand the DX11 features were more than welcomed. Word on the street is that Nixxes helped on the PC build of Hitman Absolution (which is shaping up to be a great PC version).

Wiktor

I don't get it...are you saying this is a bad port or DX:HR was?

Neither. DX:HR for PC was just farmed out to different developer. They still did a great job though.
Dishonored though was being made for PC the same way it was for consoles.

This needs a bump seriously this game is coming out in almost a month. Anyways I am still wondering what system to get this on ps3 or 360 cause my live ends the same day this comes out but then again it might be good on ps3. I hope they release a demo in the next few weeks.

Raptor

God damn it!

I think I will have to trade all my games to get this, I don't think I can wait till Decenber to get it like on my original plan.

Sojgat

Just watched that behind the scenes vid, this game is looking so awesome, I can't wait. This is turning out to be such a great year for games.

Top Bottom