• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Remake Predictions

-Troid-

Banned
So I'm pretty sure anyone who isn't a child, or a parent of one who just wants something to distract theirs for 2 hours, realizes that most of these Disney "Live-action" remakes are cash grabs.

At best they're just soul-less retreads that lose the charm of the animated originals (like Lion King or Jungle Book) and at worst they change too much about the original just to add runtime like Aladdin. But now it seems Mulan is potentially going to be altered the most and for dumb reasons.

I was actually kind of looking forward to Mulan initially since the original used to be one of my favorite Disney films, but now Imma hard pass. They're taking out Mushu and musical scenes, which will take out a lot of the energy of the original. They're removing Li Shang because being a male commander and her love interest is problematic. They're gonna apply woke thinking to a movie about medieval China.

So my question is what are your predictions for other yet untapped Disney classic they'll fuck up next?

Personally I can't wait for The Hunchback of Notre Dame where they have Quasimodo as an incel who gets mad when that blonde dude gets Esmerelda instead of him. They'll also remove the character of Frollo and all Christian references because they're too problematic. The movie will have Esmerelda as the main character and center it around how hard it is being a hot gypsy woman or something. Who cares, you'll go see it anyways!

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
Hercules. He will be played by a black actor, father will probably still be white though.

Hades will be white straight male, Meg will be trans, and Phil will be played by whoopi Goldberg.

Grekks will be like fml.

I've always wanted more Who Framed Roger Rabbit, but Disney can go fuck themselves.
If Disney wasn't a cucked leftist propaganda machine, I'd be totally down for a sequel.. but under current identity politics you can't have sexy women on screen (like Roger's wife) anymore because it'll be considered objectifying women and cause the radical leftist extremists to have a fucking catastrophic meltdown.

Nymphae

Banned
If Disney wasn't a cucked leftist propaganda machine, I'd be totally down for a sequel.. but under current identity politics you can't have sexy women on screen (like Roger's wife) anymore because it'll be considered objectifying women and cause the radical leftist extremists to have a fucking catastrophic meltdown.

And if they did do another one, it would be 3D/live instead of the glorious 2D/live action mix, Disney is allergic to hand drawn animation now.

Fbh

The Little Mermaid except she is black and instead of hot she looks like sid from the Ice Age.......................oh wait!

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Snow White and the Seven Height Challenged People.

Last edited:
Top Bottom