• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT Western box art characters revealed

Lain

and for those wondering about Light's popularly, here's what a SE community manager had to say:
capture1nlbtq.jpg

capture25yb2z.jpg

8C56DF53647CAA09C8C11600E59C412A79D4E993

the official site got updated too: https://dissidiafinalfantasynt.com/en-us/characters/?id=noctis-lucis-caelum

That makes me happy.

Isotropy

SE is having a sweepstakes if you pre-order that CE:
https://dissidiafinalfantasynt.com/...m_medium=post&utm_campaign=paradox_uce_sweeps

And it shows that the artbook will feature that keyart everyone wishes was the NA cover haha:

and for those wondering about Light's popularly, here's what a SE community manager had to say:
capture1nlbtq.jpg

capture25yb2z.jpg

the official site got updated too: https://dissidiafinalfantasynt.com/en-us/characters/?id=noctis-lucis-caelum

Okay but who are they actually talking to? Numbers can indeed lie. If their numbers are coming from a self-selecting group of FF diehards, the likes of which were rampant on SE’s boards when they existed, aren’t going to give a representative sample of the buying market.

FF’s market share has been plummeting - three games devoted to one unpopular character with a vocal minority of supporters might please that core, but it erodes broader opportunities for sales. If that weren’t the case, XIII-2 and Lighting Returns wouldn’t each have plummeted so far from the games preceding them.

The JRPG/anime market has been doing this for some time by focusing on a small, devoted otaku audience. Sales are small, but they’re guaranteed. And guaranteed never to see true widespread appeal. As hard as FFXV worked, 6million is nothing on contemporary western blockbusters. Most likely because SE has reduced FF’s overall base.

Everyone knows who Lightning is, even if you never played a Final Fantasy game. She's the definition of iconic, her design is flawless. My only complaint is that she should be center stage and not Warrior Of Light.

I wonder if Toriyama knew what he was bringing into this world with Lightning. Sure Tetsuya Nomura designed her but she's become so powerful that she eclipses all the other heroes apparently!

Toth

Man people really dislike the idea that Lightning is popular. She has a great design (one of Nomura's best), doesn't take crap from anyone, and fights for those she loves. She's an quintessential RPG lead. It's not hard to see why she's liked.

Arkeband

Banned
Dunno if this is new, popped up on Twitter:

Pre-order any edition at Amazon now and receive the Cloud Strife's Nail Bat weapon DLC from FINAL FANTASY VII. Cloud will punch holes in his foes with the countless nails protruding from this wooden bat !

In case you didn't know how nail bats worked, lol.

MechaX

capture1nlbtq.jpg

capture25yb2z.jpg

Nah, I'm going to call his bluff and I want to see the receipts.

Man people really dislike the idea that Lightning is popular. She has a great design (one of Nomura's best), doesn't take crap from anyone, and fights for those she loves. She's an quintessential RPG lead. It's not hard to see why she's liked.

People wouldn't care if the two things happened; 1) XIII was better written than it was, especially since Lightning essentially does jack shit after the first meeting with Mecha Pope, and; 2) She wasn't Poochie'd over the next 4 or so years through XIII-2 and Lightning Returns.

Sesha

The main character of one of the most recent and best-selling FFs and of a series of three games is popular. News at 11.

Lightning was at most inoffensive in the first game, but it's the sequel's weird deification of her that broke any connection I had with her. Her visual design also got steadily worse to the point she was dressing in moogles in the third game.

Top Bottom