• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia(Team Ninja) Announced For iOS/Android (Japan 2016)

BasilZero

Oh wow it looks good.

Hopefully it comes over to the west.

Loving me some Record Keeper right now but I would find time for this game :p

I was going to say, these look like nice assets, they should re-use them somewhere but then I find a load of them are from that Final Fantasy Explorers game...

I have to wonder when the critical mass is reached of Final Fantasy gacha games...at some point how much the FF brand can pay out is going to be pretty diluted (this one is from Koei Tecmo, for example) due to too many games.

So cool of Square Enix to make a game featuring a bunch of characters from various past Final Fantasies. I can't believe it's never been done before.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
This is the first time I've seen that character at 1:52. Apparently one of the new gods in the Arcade Dissidia. Terrible. Should've just kept Cosmos.

DMiz

Isn't Sazh considered one of the few likeable characters from XIII, at least in the West? Why haven't we seen more of him?

Apparently the localization team took a much different approach to Sazh than the original game presented him as. I can't confirm whether or not this is true, but watching short clips of him in the Japanese version of the game seems to suggest he was much more of a caricature in the original game, as opposed to his more 'retired soldier' persona in the Western release.

I liked Sazh quite a bit, too, but he seems to have poorly resonated with the Japanese audience and his representation has since been rather minimal.

bunkitz

Would've been really nice if they announced that it's getting an English version at the anniversary event.

Also would've been preferable, for me, if the game was in 2D.

Malyse

Is there a list of the characters who are playable?
Not yet.
Offline RPG?
no.
Available outside of Japan?
If you have a Japanese account? I mean it's as available as any app that you download.
Would've been really nice if they announced that it's getting an English version at the anniversary event.

Also would've been preferable, for me, if the game was in 2D.
Lol. You must be new to SE Mobile games. Plus, you expect them to announce a English port of the mobile game before the arcade version hits consoles? At a Japanese event?

Also, there's Brave Exvius and Record Keeper and Airborne Brigade for 2D mobile FF. This wouldn't be nearly as flashy in 2D. I'm glad it's 3D.

------

Edit: Game won't start till Feb 1. I'm guessing it reads the internal clock or some shit.

Caim

Oh, so I can bitch now? What the hell, why is it taking ages to appear on apk sites >_> Even QooApp has failed me T_T

Hmm, try searching: ディシディアファイナルファンタジー オペラオムニア

EDIT: It seems like the first pull is guaranteed 5* got Vivi's Staff.

Strings

This is a turn-based RPG by the looks of it? I actually love that --

but why get Team Ninja to make it for you o_O? When I saw them first pop up, I actually thought it would be an SRPG for a second (playing through Dynasty Warriors: Godseekers atm and it's actually really rad), but just a typical RPG? Team Ninja?

Caim

.eJwVzEEOhCAMAMC_8AAKRbD6G4IEScQSqCezf9_d6xzmVc-41K5OkT53gKPOxOPQU3jEknVhLleOvU6duEEUiels-ZYJuPoNN28IrV_JLW75UUBngiFL1mPwSFDbv-l3UZ8vwDEh0w.Jr9UDG59yjxFG-PQD0v5IaV8DZU

Once you finish the first chapter you get 10000 gems which is enough for 2 multi pulls.

Wazzy

Banned
While I wont stick with the Japanese version I'm going to download this and try it out. I want to see how it plays plus the available VIII stuff.

Caim

What's it like outside of battles? Normal menu based mobile game with text stories?

You have your usual basic mobile game menus, but everything gameplay related takes place on a map that expands as you progress.

The top screen is where everything happens, the speech bubbles are for story which are told short cutscenes with text dialogue.

You unlock characters along the way through their own character missions that have a little story in them as well.

Top Bottom