• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ditch your PS3, Get $100 store credit towards Xbox One

hawk2025

Yeah, but it's pretty funny. I always laugh when I see the Scroogled commercials or any of the aggressive Surface commercials. The ones where they attack other tablet makers are much better than the ones with the hipster looking dude dancing.

The surface one seems to show up a lot in movie theatres.

The only reaction I see is a collective cringe, followed by a sigh.

Yeah..... no. I still have the launch day PS3 that plays PS2 and PS1 games along with a still-growing PS+ backlog. There is no way that I will ever part with that machine.

Saying "SonyGAF" is banned but this thread is allowed to run wild and continue to enforce the stereotype.

Makes sense. Good job all.

Mahonay

Banned
Please, don't hate me (or just a little bit ^^):
618155PS41080.png

irnaazOA2d2Nk.gif

Wow that gushes desperation.

Its things like this that make me continue to be so anti MS. I own both PS4 and XBone but hardly ever touch the XBone. I regret buying it but it what it is. It's solely going to be used for exclusives. Still why must you make me hate you MS!?

I can't really justify selling my PS3 when I'm still getting so many PS+ games every month. I still use it a lot as a second blu ray player/netflix machine as well.

Mr Moose

I think he is saying that this thread reminds him of grade school....at least it does for me.

But all that's happening in here is people are making fun of the email Microsoft sent out, it's a funny image/message "Ditch your PS3 and get $100 credit*

*If you purchase an Xbox One at the same time"

I'm sure if Sony did this, they'd be making fun of that, too.

8byte

Banned
Someone be the voice of reason here and tell me if there's any possible way this is a good deal to anyone.

You can sell your PS3, and get an XBO, which will ultimately require* you to buy XBL. So, $460.

Or, you can keep your PS3, get a PS4, get PS+, and that runs you about $450.

I think one of these gives you more content for your money across two platforms, but I'm not sure which. Also, is there any scenario in which the first case presents better value, objectively, than the other? Can anyone help me out? Asking for a friend.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
But all that's happening in here is people are making fun of the email Microsoft sent out, it's a funny image/message "Ditch your PS3 and get $100 credit*

*If you purchase an Xbox One at the same time"

I'm sure if Sony did this, they'd be making fun of that, too.

It's a normal promo, ditch your 360 or Ps3 to directly go towards a new console. It seems to have made some people here actually angry.

I think returning consoles is always a bad idea and never worth it, but hey.

tkalamba

It's a normal promo, ditch your 360 or Ps3 to directly go towards a new console. It seems to have made some people here actually angry.

I think returning consoles is always a bad idea and never worth it, but hey.

People just want to hate. It's getting old.

Mr Moose

w3CFKY5.jpg

Yes, but it doesn't say Xbox 360 here, and that's why people are making fun of it.
They are telling you to "Ditch your PS3".

thelastword

Banned
Someone be the voice of reason here and tell me if there's any possible way this is a good deal to anyone.

You can sell your PS3, and get an XBO, which will ultimately require* you to buy XBL. So, $460.

I think one of these gives you more content for your money across two platforms, but I'm not sure which. Also, is there any scenario in which the first case presents better value, objectively, than the other? Can anyone help me out? Asking for a friend.
Not only that, it's possible that if you have a PS3 you already have PS+ for the free games and heavy discounts, so you may not even have to spend the extra 50 for plus.

jaypah

Why are you using nib's avatar?

It's not cool to take someone else's avatar on the forum because a lot of people identify the users at first glance by that.

Edit: Oh.. it's just slightly different (cropped differently)

Still.. not cool :p

Lol, only reason I knew it wasn't nib was because of the smiley. That made me do a double take. Always weird when it happens.

Why are you using nib's avatar?

It's not cool to take someone else's avatar on the forum because a lot of people identify the users at first glance by that.

Edit: Oh.. it's just slightly different (cropped differently)

Still.. not cool :p

Yes, I saw someone here with the same avatar, I found this disturbing. I have this avatar for about 5 years. But I'm french so I have never seen nib's one before.

I just got Bioshock Infinite and DMC this month and will get Metro last light, Payday 2, and Remember Me in February.

If I traded in my PS3, I'll lose all those. With the Xbox One for 399.99 I still need to buy an Xbox Live sub for 59.99. which brings it up to 459.98.

No Thanks,

Has Microsoft even entertained the option of winning people over by being the good guys, and not seeming like gigantic bullies?

Their overarching mindset is just so obnoxious, it makes me dislike them on principle. Like, I get that Sony is a big corporation that's out to make money just like everyone else, but look how far they've gotten just by appealing to my good nature and at least pretending like they have my best interests in mind. The complete lack of ethos in Microsoft is just so frustrating.

When I picture walking into Sony's HQ, I picture walking into a house, with someone greeting me as I walk in. When I picture walking into Microsoft's HQ, I picture a large office building where I need to study the elevator directory before knowing where the hell to go.
Hear hear. It feels like when a company like Apple or Sony start their product planning meetings, it goes something like this: "How can we make something that's so awesome, everyone will want to buy it and then we'll have all of the money? Muahahahaha!!"

Product planning at MS seems to go more like this: "We still don't have all of the money. How are we going to correct that without drawing too much attention from the DoJ and the FTC? Muahahahaha!!"

Kyzer

Banned
So for my $250 console I can buy an Xbox one at the same price a PS4 would cost in the first place? What? Why wouldn't I just buy a ps4 and keep my ps3?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

You keep your PS3, and buy a more powerful PS4, along with PS+, and instantly enjoy a bunch of great games. Plus you'll be getting the superior console multiplatform titles.

Hey its my first thread. Im just happy its 10 pages long now lol.
In all seriousness, i think we just want to make fun of the ad.

I don't blame you man. There are a few that are way beyond making fun of it but it's not the majority or a big deal. Carry on. FUN ALLOWED.jpg

Has Microsoft even entertained the option of winning people over by being the good guys, and not seeming like gigantic bullies?

Their overarching mindset is just so obnoxious, it makes me dislike them on principle. Like, I get that Sony is a big corporation that's out to make money just like everyone else, but look how far they've gotten just by appealing to my good nature and at least pretending like they have my best interests in mind. The complete lack of ethos in Microsoft is just so frustrating.

When I picture walking into Sony's HQ, I picture walking into a house, with someone greeting me as I walk in. When I picture walking into Microsoft's HQ, I picture a large office building where I need to study the elevator directory before knowing where the hell to go.

Microsoft is fundamentally a monopoly provider of an essential service. 90% of the world's computers run Windows which is essential for operating a computer. In that sense they are like your power company or your cable TV company. They have no concept of what actually competing for someone's business is, because they are used to having your business by default. Their mindset is totally different from any other company except maybe Comcast and we all know how much people love Comcast.

Cant edit the title so read this:
EDIT: Just went into microsoft website and found this:

Just got this on my email

w3CFKY5.jpg

Got damn! Looks like an ATT and Tmobile battle now.

EDIT2: Store is Microsoft aka Microsoft Store

Thanks Marcel,

Sorry folks :/ Dead PS3 wont turn into profit.

Ditch if old

To me it looks like Microsoft hasn't been able to get free content for XBL members and with Sony giving away free PS3 games almost every month, this is the best counter offer from MS. But Mr. Spencer in a tweet said that the Xbox team is happy with what they have planned for XBL gold members, hmmmm

atrossity

Banned
Come on guys, use your brains..

Its $100 dollars towards xbox one ON TOP of what you get for the PS4 already.

That said, it still isn't worth it for the average person, but if anyone, for whatever reason, bought a ps4 and wants a xbox one instead this is the deal for them.

Its not "cheap" or "lame"- it helps a niche group of consumers

I have 3 PS3's I wanted to hack one but that seems out of the question since it was accidently updated...

But XBone has no games..... plus the tax on the system is going to huge anyway... Depends on how long this lasts.

Top Bottom