• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ditch your PS3, Get $100 store credit towards Xbox One

Seik

Banned
Maybe I'll get an Xbox One, one of these days, but there's no way in hell I'm trading my PS4 to fill the equivalent in price of a Kinect 2.0.

Plus I have more than 100 PS3 games, heh.

Just saw this today. No deal, how about releasing a SKU that competes with the ps4? I would probably make more money selling it online anyway.

JCizzle

I might do this. Especially with an older PS3 60gb model (which I'm pretty sure will sell for shit) and no real need for it once NOW hits and I can just play PS3 games on my PS4.

Replicant

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

With PS+ stacking up my backlog like Mountain Everest? How about never, MS?

Keep dreaming though!

xoxo

Sonys answer just came in:

genbatzuuuuuuu8xu8y.jpg

nah...jk, just my crappy mspaint skills

Deserved to be quoted forever.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I find it awkward from the company that wanted to "end the console war" to simply ditch something like that on his store ...

Caayn

A lot of companies also do these kind of trade-in programs. Still it's funny to see the ad being directed at PS3 owners only.
why not offer $100 for a 360 trade-in?
Read the OP next time ;) From the OP
For a limited time, bring in your PS3, Xbox 360 S or Xbox 360 E and receive $100 of Microsoft retail store credit.

Sean*O

Fuck MS. Ditch my PS3 which has a library of games that the Xbone will never even sniff, for a joke "next gen" system that can barely run games that look or play any better?

GTFO MS

Liberty4all

Banned
What's funny about this is that people, including myself, value their PS3's more than an xbone.

Heck my PS3 is still the main part of my media centre ... I use it even more than my PS4 thanks to DLNA, better Blu Ray and Netflix software, the PS3 remote, Pulse Headset that only works on PS3. Not to mention countless free games via PS+.

and MS is offering me 100 bucks to exchange that for Kinect 2. Hahahaha

Mononoke

Banned
Yeaaaah. PS3 still has a lot of games left. And some of the biggest releases this year won't be on PS4/X1 at launch. This really doesn't sound like a good deal, unless you are absolutely not using your PS3 at all. Even then.

Tadale

I'm looking for a cheaper way of getting an Xbox, but getting rid of old consoles is always a bad idea, especially now that backwards compatibility is shot.

jadedm17

A. I can sell it on Craigslist for more than that.

B. Why would I sell a console with tons of games to partially fund a console with barely any games.

If this completely logical statement was followed we wouldn't Gamestop.
Some people will take the easy $5 over the not-as-easy $30 just to get something new quicker. I'll never understand it but its their money to waste.`

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Tin foil hats...[ON] OFF

They want to dissect the PS3 and gather ideas from Sony's craftsmanship to see how they can try to best Sony in the next gen after this one. Since they won't be getting their hands on a used PS4 for quite some time.

Or.

They want to destroy all the PS3s in circulation so their is only the 360 and The One.

Tin foil hats ON [OFF]

Jomjom

Banned
Wow MS has been super aggressive in its marketing with regard to competitors recently. They love to go directly after Google, Apple, and now Sony. I like it.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Considering the PS3 mops the floor with Xbone I'd say this is a bad deal. And we have tons of good plus games as well as new games still coming to the platforms.

Maybe one should consider trading in their Xbone for a PS3.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Traded my phat PS3 in to Best Buy when they were doing this same $100 promotion. I think without the promotion they would have only gave me like $10 lol

So those of you thinking that you'd be getting more than this at GS are probably mistaken unless you have a relatively new PS3 super slim with larger HD? Didn't want to bother with the hassle of Ebay/Amazon fees or Craigslist.

But yeah the better deal would be if they just gave you general credit to use and not force you to use it towards xbone.

Let the petty bidding begin! If I can't trade in a half-burned XBox 360 for a PS4 with the entire catalog by the end of this, I'll be quite dissapointed.

Alchemy

I'm actually tempted to do this, mostly because I have a PS3 Phat that still "works" but the blu-ray drive craps out after 10 minutes of use. Not sure if Microsoft would catch that or not, but it might be worth a shot.

What's up with Microsoft and the "hip" language they're using. They have that stuff in the Xbox one UI as well. "It's all good" "Ditch your PS3". It's kind of dumb

Wow MS has been super aggressive in its marketing with regard to competitors recently. They love to go directly after Google, Apple, and now Sony. I like it.

Yeah I'd rather see them be aggressive in marketing than to pull some of the super aggressive anti trust bullshit they pulled in the past. They've always been an aggressive company. Starbucks is the same. What's up with companies from Seattle?

Jomjom

Banned
Their marketing makes them look like petty children holding a grudge.

Yeah, but it's pretty funny. I always laugh when I see the Scroogled commercials or any of the aggressive Surface commercials. The ones where they attack other tablet makers are much better than the ones with the hipster looking dude dancing.

Top Bottom