• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ditch your PS3, Get $100 store credit towards Xbox One

That 100 dollars barely pays for 2 years of playing online lol

genbatzuuuuuuu8xu8y.jpg
haha ok that is pretty funny

Artorias

Banned
Unless it's a newer slim or BC, good luck.

I'm not sure why you're intent on responding to every post, but $100 is not a lot for any model. On Craigslist for example, you could probably list a non BC fat for $140 and sell it within an hour or two.

I'm not saying most people want to do that rather than hand it to Best Buy, but you're flat out wrong about what you keep implying.

Lemstar

That's actually a pretty good deal. Can't imagine GameStop would give you anywhere close to that.
A 500GB super slim trades in to GS for $130 right now (well, $100 base with a 30% bonus towards certain preorders, but you can always cancel those); there haven't been quotes on other PS3 models in ages, though, and I suspect that those would probably be in the $60-70 range before the 30% for slims/250GB super slims.

If you were already going to buy an XB1, then it's an ok way to dump your PS3, but if you weren't, it's not good enough that you should buy one just to take advantage.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
There has to be some kind of psycho-therapy type of mental description/condition for those people who desperately cling to an idea or image of themselves and just completely can't connect to any social cues around them... and i think MS is letting this crazy dribble out slowly now..

Strike the last year of blunders and nobody would really give a shite about a deal like this "Trade in a console and get money" ... well no shit. But to put out stuff like this makes them look like they have no self awareness. At all...

Still like my PS3 library more than any other console around so .. yah no.

ohlawd

I wonder if I can steal my friend's PS3 and trade that in for an Xbone. I don't want to get rid of mine since I'm still using it.

DarkFlow

Banned
I'm not sure why you're intent on responding to every post, but $100 is not a lot for any model. On Craigslist for example, you could probably list a non BC fat for $140 and sell it within an hour or two.

I'm not saying most people want to do that rather than hand it to Best Buy, but you're flat out wrong about what you keep implying.
Because it's a discussion board? Am I not allowed to talk? I'll clear it with you next time if it makes you feel better.

I might be the only one on earth who would do this. So I've got a working fat 2008 ps3, 60gb HDD... One of the old ones. What's that go for online?

Honestly I've powered up my ps3 once in 6 months, to remove last of us and let a friend borrow it. Before then, it had been a year probably. I just don't use the device.

kuroshiki

I might be the only one on earth who would do this. So I've got a working fat 2008 ps3, 60gb HDD... One of the old ones. What's that go for online?

Honestly I've powered up my ps3 once in 6 months, to remove last of us and let a friend borrow it. Before then, it had been a year probably. I just don't use the device.

wait, you serious? you don't even play all those PSN free goodies, and didn't buy any sales?

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Lol ahhhhh, no. Nooo Microsoft. No. Nooooo. No.

ESPECIALLY not when I have shit like Kingdom Hearts 2.5 ReMiX, Tales of Xillia 2/Zesteria, Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, Final Fantasy X Remaster, etc. etc to look forward to.

wait, you serious? you don't even play all those PSN free goodies, and didn't buy any sales?
Yes I'm serious I don't use an electronic device that I own. Why is this hard to believe?

I just don't have time to play these... Psn goodies... I play a handful of games a year now.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Huh, I did the opposite; traded my 360 and some games for $200 towards a PS4. Worked out pretty well.

Same here. I had close to 30 360 games, a Turtle Beach headset, and my console. Pretty much paid for my PS4 and then some on their own.

kuroshiki

Yes I'm serious I don't use an electronic device that I own. Why is this hard to believe?

I just don't have time to play these... Psn goodies... I play a handful of games a year now.

No. there is nothing wrong not using the device, it's just that recently PS3 been getting fuck ton of great games.

Fuck Dragon Dogma DA alone ate like 160 hrs of my gaming time december.

You should totally try DD DA if you haven't already.

Holy shit, BC king model.

HYDE

Banned
This shit is bad as Ford's switch from Honda garbage, it ain't happening Microsoft...Sony's PS4 kicks ass, as does it's PS3.

A. I can sell it on Craigslist for more than that.

B. Why would I sell a console with tons of games to partially fund a console with barely any games.

A. Yeah that would be stupid.

B. I play my games and move on with each Gen. Just my style. I sold the 360 quick cause best buy gave 100 credit and it was broken anyway. I sold the PS3 and now regret it cause while I hadn't played much since tlou I have been itching to replay uncharted 2. I like to sell off my stuff and get the new consoles if I can.

Mask

Nah, I'll keep my PS3, thank you very much.

Still got plenty of PS+ games to play, and god knows how many more in the pipeline, so a hundred dollarydoos is
a laughable trade for a system that I'm only interested in playing DR3 on, and know full well that Capcom is likely
to release on PS4 down the line as Dead Rising 3:Go West edition or something.

Well, that and they don't have an equivalent offer for the UK.

Sonys answer just came in:

genbatzuuuuuuu8xu8y.jpg

nah...jk, just my crappy mspaint skills

exactly. instead of trading your ps3 to get $100 so you can buy the xbone for $400...

why not just keep your ps3 and buy the $400 ps4? you get to have two consoles and you can sell your ps3 on some site for a higher price.

will people actually be convinced to do this? i mean, seriously?

This is a strange promotion.

This is the same promotion they ran for iPad trade-ins a few months ago.

msipad.png

They constantly have trade-in deals like this. They've had this deal for phones too.

Seems like a good way to use the hundreds of stores they are opening all over the country. Gamestop has certainly proven that a lot of gamers don't know how to sell stuff and will gladly do trade-ins.

beast786

You don't use electronics, don't have time to play games. But want to exchange and yet buy another electronic device to not play games.

Yep, you are a gaffer and one of us ;p

exactly. instead of trading your ps3 to get $100 so you can buy the xbone for $400...

why not just keep your ps3 and buy the $400 ps4? you get to have two consoles and you can sell your ps3 on some site for a higher price.

will people actually be convinced to do this? i mean, seriously?
People keep saying this as if neither console has exclusives.

Novocaine

Seeing as there are more exclusive releases on the PS3 that I want to play this year than the Xbox, I think I'll give this offer a pass.

But thanks.

Not that I want an XB1 in the first place, but why would I get rid of my blu-ray player of choice? Not to mention all of the games I can't play anywhere else. I'd place a much higher premium on all of that than a measly 100 bucks. No thank you.

Top Bottom