• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DLNA update for PS4 coming tonight!

Oh you mean the backward compatibility that supports like a dozen games and may support more later but may not if MS's past history with making BC promises for Xbox 360 is any indication?

Not hard to top.

You're above concern trolling. :/

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Fantastic, I literally moaned about this two days ago and now here it is. Sony don't like to keep me waiting! :D

Boss Mog

Awesome but I won't be fully happy until Sony puts the "Turn off DS4" option right there in the first menu when you hold the PS button down.

Holy shit, within 30 seconds of downloading media player I was able to hook up to my network music collection on my PC. Easy as fucking pie.

Tainted

Holy shit, within 30 seconds of downloading media player I was able to hook up to my network music collection on my PC. Easy as fucking pie.

Optional or mandatory update ? I don't see it in the PS Store yet (Australia)

edit

Wait, nm...it just shown up on my home bar !!

I'm excited about this, I used the feature a lot on my PS3 so it's about time it showed up on the PS4. It's nice to get some instant gratification from these events too.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
ohh yis, finally. I had to keep taking my Xbox One back to living room for media features.

This and media player, thank you sony THANK YOU

mrklaw

MrArseFace
can you push to PS4? It'd be cool to be able to use a phone/tablet DLNA control point app to choose what you want to watch and set it playing on PS4

Tainted

Looks like I may have to install a DLNA server on my PC...doesnt seem to want to play ball with WMP. Every mp3 or movie file I try to play errors out :/

Oh you mean the backward compatibility that supports like a dozen games and may support more later but may not if MS's past history with making BC promises for Xbox 360 is any indication?

Not hard to top.

FYI its up to the publishers to want there game to be BC, so your smart remark is asinine, and This is not a megaton in anyway shape or form, BC in anyway is bigger, heck the preview program to play games that are not fully made kinda like steam is bigger then this.

Didn't care about this but the option and demand being solved means now they can really start to go at that thing and make it efficient. Most all of what people wanted is basically done bar a few things.

Chesskid1

Banned
damn, i bought a WDTV media player like a month ago for like $60.

it supports pretty much every video/audio format, plus 24hz playback and has a remote, and makes zero noise.

hmm, now that i think about it, not too sad about it, heh, ps4 will be pretty barebones.

Top Bottom